RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Heroes through the Eras
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Rolzup's Avatar
Rolzup Rolzup is offline
Dinoczar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-10-2018
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Posts: 5,200
Christopher stops, eyes narrowing. He's just a kid! Real fists, flesh and blood, clench. For the first time, Christopher actually tries to use his new talent.

"Stop it! Get away from him!" he yells as, with a terrible shriek, a hand appears in front of the gunman. For one moment, it simply hangs there...and then moves forward, with tremendous force.

 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2015, 02:26 AM
Eris Renfield's Avatar
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-28-2015
RPXP: 2165
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield
Posts: 1,965
The young blonde woman looks uncertain for a moment, then moves up behind the man who is making a play for the principal and Michael Thomas. While a mysterious hand appears in front of him, the woman's foot lashes out behind him, trying to hook his leg and trip him.

Dice Trip attack:
1d20 10

Dice If successful, Dexterity check opposed by defender's Strength, Dexterity, or Acrobatics:
1d20+3 (14)+3 Total = 17


NameInitToughFortRefWillDefenseFlatNotes
Kat Bridges+7+0+3+9+5+4+4Morphed
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2015, 10:43 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 15735
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,026
Years of the natural order of things where bigger means scarier are not undone by a week of fantastic abilities, so Miguel begins to quake beneath the thug's glare. His attempt to muster up a retort is interrupted by a yell and a ... floating hand. It shoves the thug back and away from the principal. "Principal, run; get out of here!"

Not one to look ill on a helping hand, Miguel grins to the teen who yelled: "Thanks!" The boy then quickly closes the distance to the thug holding Michael. He makes another grab, but he is still too shaken to nab the goon.
Actions(Lousy) Rolls
Full-round: charging grab & grapple thug with Michael (with All-Out Attack)
Grab: 4; Grapple: 12
 
__________________
"Pride goeth before destruction...." Proverbs 16:18
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Scimmy's Avatar
Scimmy Scimmy is online now
Windrunner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 8263
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Posts: 6,226
Steven watches invisibly, at first intent on the attackers, but his eyes are drawn by the other students. The translucent hand appears after Christopher yells, thrusting out toward one of the grapplers. Some sort of projection ability, but how versatile? The blonde draws his eye, and not only for the oddity but also in a way he can't quite describe. Wow, I really like the look of her... Shaking his head to himself he frowns, realizing that he doesn't recognize her. I wonder who she is...she obviously feels she has some ability to lend, does she have a power too? And finally to Miguel. Watching him swing and miss, then shake off his fear and try again Steven can't help but respect him. How does he stand and face them like that? He is out-matched, they have guns, and he is clearly afraid....so why doesn't he run?

Frowning to himself he stands up to his full 4' 7" and walks purposefully forward. Staying aware of the light and continuing to split it off of him, he focuses his mind, Blue...I need blue. Were he visible, his eyes would turn solid blue, completely converting the world through his eyes. To his vision the color deepens in a large dome cage around himself and the attackers, but bleeding away from the other areas, returning to a more normal spectrum. For a few heartbeats, he smooths the cage in his vision, keeping it large but thin, trusting in the inherent hardness of the blue light. Then he exhales and the light explodes at the apex and appears to rapidly bleed down, much like paint rolling down canvas, around them all into a solid blue cage.

 

Last edited by Scimmy; 01-26-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar
Sassafrass Sassafrass is offline
Man・Earth・Sky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 52290
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Posts: 16,840
So much happened on stage, she needed to step up her game. The fire spreads quickly, engulfing up her arms, her legs, and eventually, everything. Running forward, she leaps, and lands on the stage, near the podium. Her hair dances above her head, every individual string like licking flames. The heat coming off her was like a bonfire gone wrong, and her eyes were nothing but fire: nothing but intensity. And fortunately for her, they hid the fear beneath them. She thought, anyway. Being able to turn to fire did wonders for stage fright.

"Leave them alone, and leave the device, or you're about to have a lot more than a couple of kids playing hero to worry about." It sounded better in her head. For her part, she hoped the others on stage would back her up, and most importantly, she hoped the Principal would listen and high-tail it out of there, Michael in tow.

"Back away, or get burned. By all of us."

Oh Buddha, this was going to get her shot, wasn't it?
 
__________________
Returning to Life
Carrion Crown | Tyranny of Dragons
Coming Soon: Planescape: Tales from the Outlands
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-06-2015, 05:17 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-19-2018
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
OOCIf I recall correctly, you have to roll to hit before the opposed strength bullrush, but given how poorly the rest of the fight is going, and to make up for my own absence, we'll go ahead and let that go this time
The thug's face takes on a smug look at seeing Miguel shake, but the look is quickly replaced by one of surprise as the giant floating hand crashes into a 20 doesn't auto succeed on opposed checks, so he has no chance of succeeding.him. However, even on his back, he proves to be too slippery for the hesitating Miguel.

As the cage starts to form around them, the two standing thugs quickly try to rush to the edge before it solidifies around reflex saves
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
1d20+3 (15)+3 Total = 18
them. The thug with the device is able to slip just under the wire, but the one holding the terrified boy is too slowed down by him to make it in time, and he almost runs into it. The man who escaped takes only a single look back before shaking his head and bolting with the device.

The principal looks to still be in shock at the situation, made worse by the floating hand, the blue forcefield, and the burning girl, but a grunt from the downed thug as he climbs back to his feet seems to snap him back to it. Instead of running, however, he turns around, delivering a swift kick to the head of the downed attack to hit
Dice Roll:
1d20+2+4 (1)+2+4 Total = 7
man. "This is my school you brutish primate!" The principal looks rather pleased with himself as his boot comes down, but the man effortlessly blocks it by crossing his arms, catching the principal's foot with his hands, and very nearly dragging him down with him.

With one man on the ground, and another fleeing, the thugs seem to throw anything resembling caution to the wind. Pushing the boy to the ground, the standing man pulls his gun and fires at the flaming
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (11)+5 Total = 16
toughness DC 18 if it hits (lethal)
girl. While the downed man scrambles to his feet before attempting to knock out the principal with a solid blow to the
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (5)+5 Total = 10
head. Though the principal is still off balance from his failed attack, the man's scramble to stand did little for his own balance.
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!

Last edited by darthcharon; 02-06-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:26 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 15735
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,026
Miguel looks back at the girl on fire. He recognizes her voice more than her looks as the girl that was enjoying the coaster so loudly behind him. He grins at her speech. 'Nice catchphrase.'

But then the gunshot shatters his musings. Seeing the bullet strike the girl, Miguel gasps before rounding on the gun toting thug next to him. Furious, he nearly tears off his jacket, unfurling white feathery wings. An angry glow flows down his arms to coalesce into a sword of golden light. "I'll show you!" Pulling it back like a bat, he brings it around for a home run swing, using his wings for extra momentum. He connects, slamming the flat of the blade into the thug's gut with strength well beyond the boy's frame.
ActionsMove: shed jacket, freeing wings
Free: switch magic array from Super-Strength to sword
Standard: attack shooting thug (with All-Out Attack +3)
Dice Sword attack:
d20+3+3 (16)+3+3 Total = 22
Toughness DC22 (nonlethal)

 
__________________
"Pride goeth before destruction...." Proverbs 16:18
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 02-06-2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Finally! A hit!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Eris Renfield's Avatar
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-28-2015
RPXP: 2165
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield
Posts: 1,965
right-aligned image
The blonde's eyes widen at the flaming girl and at Miguel suddenly having wings and a sword. Floating hand, ok, that is weird but... *shrugs* But this has now officially entered the Twilight Zone. The sight of the gun, having just been fired, brings her back to the situation. With the angelic kid going after the gunman, she decides to keep to the safer bet and help the principal with the other guy. Not that she can really provide much help. And how is the old fart principal able to kick butt anyway?

Backing away from the principal and his combatant, she sneers. "Awww... what? Big man can't take a bunch of little kids and an old man? Can't even get a disguise right. Why don't you run home to your G-man boss? Oh wait... You can't! Now you're in double trouble!"

Dice Taunt:
1d20+4 (2)+4 Total = 6



NameInitToughFortRefWillDefenseFlatNotes
Kat Bridges+7+0+3+9+5+4+4Morphed
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Rolzup's Avatar
Rolzup Rolzup is offline
Dinoczar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-10-2018
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Posts: 5,200
Is it possible, Christopher wonders, To be be so afraid that you can't feel it any more? There is a part of him that is very much aware of how insane this is, and how dangerous...but with the sudden gunfire, somehow that doesn't seem important any longer.

The headache that's been plaguing him for the past several days is suddenly gone as well, and he's thinking with a marvelous clarity.

In complete silence, the hands manifest. Two, three, four, eight, sixteen...too many to count, throwing vicious punches at the surprised thugs.

 
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-07-2015, 10:22 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar
Sassafrass Sassafrass is offline
Man・Earth・Sky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 52290
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Posts: 16,840
What was she expecting, exactly?

The bullet goes flying at her, and she barely has time
Dice Toughness Role, will inevitably fail:
1d20 17
to react. Realizing what's happened, she roars, more in fear than pain, and sends her arm forward, flames bursting forth from her hand at the wrist and going forward, a blast of energy shooting forth towards Attack vs. Shooter
Dice Please let this hit:
1d20+4 (20)+4 Total = 24
her attacker. Her control is lacking, but the blast is warm: everyone feels the fire. The trick is, will the shooter? She's not sure, she's not even looking at him: she's too busy screaming her head off in Japanese. "KUSO YARŌ!" Her father would kill her for that kind of language, but then, he'd also kill her for attacking a gunman. She's not technically unarmed, but....
 
__________________
Returning to Life
Carrion Crown | Tyranny of Dragons
Coming Soon: Planescape: Tales from the Outlands
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Scimmy's Avatar
Scimmy Scimmy is online now
Windrunner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 8263
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Posts: 6,226
Steven watches his cage form with more than a little satisfaction. There is something primal and satisfying in the act of creation, and this was Steven willing something into existence. Got you! But then the one holding the device made a quick dive and beat the coalescing blue light. I really need to name the phenomenon. Followed on his heels by the one dragging the boy slamming into the cage. Quickly surveying the scene, Steven makes a snap decision, They have no where to run, and the others seem capable, but no one even is batting an eye at the runner. The area that Steven occupies shimmers and before he becomes fully visible he transforms into light and zips off after the runner, his form easily permeating the cage.

What am I doing? I'm not some comic book hero. And yet his feet continued to carry him at incredible speeds on the path of the runner. It is only moments before he sees the runner and alters his course accordingly. Steven moves himself into a position a little ways in front of the runner and his eyes turn the golden yellow of the sun. The a sparkling ball of yellow light forms in his hand and he lobs it just in front of the runner. As it strikes the ground it bursts, spreading motes of yellow light in a cloud fifteen feet across and 7 feet high. As the motes shatter they emit vibrant bursts of yellow light that sear the optic nerves. Steven watches from the outside as the runner approaches the cloud, ready to take off after him if he is able to overcome this.

Little does Steven know, that as he crafts the yellow light bomb, the blue cage dissolves.

 

Last edited by Scimmy; 02-09-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-09-2015, 05:34 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-19-2018
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
The battle on the stage is clearly not going well for the would be thugs. Miguel's true fury is terrifying to behold, the conjured weapon making a satisfying *crunch* as it hits the side of the first's mouth and sending him crashing to the ground. He'll live, but he probably won't be able to eat solid food for a few days. The second, perhaps at this point expecting the ridiculousness of the current situation, manages to avoid the worst of Chris's fist swarm, but even as he turns to fire a second bullet, Tori, in equal parts pain and fear, retaliates with a burst of flames that almost entirely consumes the assailant. He screams, clearly in horrible agony, before collapsing to the ground, still ablaze.

Meanwhile, Steven attempts to intercept the fleeing assailant, but the assailant seemed ready to be pursued, even if not by him. "How many of you freaks are there?" He grumbles, "You want to play hero? Fine." He turns to the side, where a confused looking girl just climbed out of a tent to see what was going on. There is a bang, followed by a spray of red, and the girl stumbles backwards. "Go play hero." And with that, he runs off.
OOCAs a general rule of thumb, anything that doesn't roll to hit is always limited by the campaign power caps, so right now area attacks cannot have a damage DC higher than +5.

Also, PC complication: 1 hero point for Steven (if he saves the girl's life).
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-10-2015, 04:24 AM
Eris Renfield's Avatar
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-28-2015
RPXP: 2165
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield
Posts: 1,965
right-aligned image
The blonde glances after the kid running off after the thug with the device, then at the burning thug. Reaching out toward the principal, she yells "Principal Green! Give me your jacket!" In her hurry, she accidentally betrayed that she knew him. If the principal gives her the jacket, she uses it to smother the flames on the thug.

NameInitToughFortRefWillDefenseFlatNotes
Kat Bridges+7+0+3+9+5+4+4Morphed
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Rolzup's Avatar
Rolzup Rolzup is offline
Dinoczar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-10-2018
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Posts: 5,200
At the sound of gunfire, Christopher whirls, going pale. He gives a strangled cry as the girl drops, and the disembodied hands wink out of existence.

He takes a step in the fleeing gunman's direction, but once more a hand settles upon Christopher's shoulder, turning him around. Another pair manifests over the injured girl, one gently applying pressure to the wound while the other cradles her head.

Christoper moves towards her, head spinning. "I don't know what to do," he whispers.


 
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Scimmy's Avatar
Scimmy Scimmy is online now
Windrunner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 8263
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Posts: 6,226
Steven watches the runner walk into the sun bomb with no effect and frowns sharply. Ok I need to be more direct then. His eyes start to fill with red and then the man accuses him of being a hero. Wha....he's right what am I doing? He was leaving....and he has a GUN! Almost as if he heard Steven's thoughts the man raises his weapon at the rustling tent flaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcharon View Post
"Go play hero."
The report of the gun echoes and time seems to slow down and his eyes widen as waves of memory cascade over him.
*BANG*
MemoriesSteven is five and his father is drunk on Christmas Eve as usual. Steven was sneaking down to put his present for his dad by the tree. Maybe this year he will hug me, or tell me he is proud...notice me But Robert is sitting in front of the fireplace with a bottle in hand. "Oh Jennifer, I miss you, why did you have to go?" And the powerful man weeps openly. Steven stands immobile for a while watching his father cry. Quietly he moves up and puts his arms clumsily around him, "It's ok dad." For a few seconds Roberts is still then in a blur of movement he flings Steven away from him. "YOU! You are the reason she is gone! Bottle in hand he advances on Steven

*BANG*

Steven is seven, and dangling a few inches off the ground. The brick wall behind him digs into his back. He'll give up soon. Steven keeps his eyes down as the older boy tosses his bag to the other kids waiting in a loose ring. "Stupid little dweeb. You think we don't see you making us look bad?" Behind him, they had opened his bang and were breaking his art supplies and tearing up his notebooks. It's just stuff, I can replace it. The bully seems to take his silence offensive and he draws back his fist snarling as he drives it forward...

*BANG*

The bullet smacks wetly into the girl as she emerges from the tent. The world still moves seemingly at a crawl and Steven watches the runner's mouth twitch slightly in what would be concealed pleasure. Steven feels rage flowing into him and the air around him begins to shimmer as the red slowly spreads over his body and the temperature rises. The grass curls and blackens and Steven looks down, part of his mind consumed by rage, but another, more detached part takes note of the phenomenon with interest. But as the grass slowly blackens in a widening circle, Steven watches three drops of blood land within the scorched grass. Standing out starkly against the blackened earth and vegetation.

His head snaps up and his eyes refocus on the girl. She falls in seeming slow motion, her legs going limp, eyes rolling back in her head, and blood slowly pumping from her chest wound. That detached part of his mind continues to analyze, and becomes almost an audible whisper in his ear. Chest wound, close to the heart. Most likely impeding her breathing, internal injuries possible. Minute chance she would survive until someone else comes along, more likely she will perish without immediate care. Treatment options for field care are generally.... The litany of rehashed knowledge churning at the back of his mind. For a split second he contemplates going after the running man, that device would obviously find it's way into the wrong hands. But a shuddering gasp from the girl on the ground and a mental echo *BANG* drive him to the girls side. Reacting in concert with the detached voice, he tears the hole in the shirt wider to give him better access. His eyes fill with blue once more and while one hand probes the wound, the other hovers to his side, dripping blue onto the grass in an increasing stream, forming a cube of solid blue. Having found the placement of the bullet in her chest, Steven smacks the top of the cube with his hand and it crumbles leaving several long and flexible strips and numerous thick pads, all made of the blue light.

Steven packs the wound as best he can with the blue pads that quickly start to absorb the blood and then secure them with the long blue strips. That's all I can do, now I have to get her real help. Green flows over his limbs as he sets his arms to lift her.

 

Last edited by Scimmy; 02-10-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB