DnD5e Cloibbra Kai ~ City of Shadows - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 06:43 PM
Half Elf, Half Mad

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2306
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel
Can I still apply? Been lurking here for a while now but haven't had time to really sit down for an app.
Question: will the PCs have to take evil alignments? Writing these samples are pretty tough because of how evil I'm finding the drow are. Haha. Makes me wonder if I can sustain playing as an evil PC...

I think that last one was the hardest yet... but for the moment, application complete!

METHOD TWO:

Nhilafae Melviir, Drow Matron

Istdiin Oussep, Drow Theurgist

Drestrag Elpryrr, Drow Weapon Master

Rikorvir Barrineld, Drow "Merchant"

Last edited by Tinuviel; 12-19-2018 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:49 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1737
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Of course, I am leaving applications open until Dec 28.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 416
m149307 m149307 m149307 m149307 m149307
I'm sorry to say but I'll be withdrawing my application. I just can't think of a good RP sample with this character for some reason. GL to all and have a good one!
Old 12-14-2018, 10:27 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
@m149307 - Thanks for stopping by and showing interest.

@Tinuviel - You might get some Neutral ones at best. I made being Good aligned only a 15% for random characters. Neutral drow would be going along with Evil just to survive, so it wouldn't be much different in public life for them. Players don't have to be Evil, but as that Incredibles character would say ~ When we're ALL evil, nobody is evil.

EDIT: For your RP examples of the drow, you could make them Neutral or Good if you choose, but they would definitely being trying to maintain a facade of being Evil.

Last edited by Superstrength79; 12-14-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:44 PM
Half Elf, Half Mad

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2306
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel
I'm enjoying the challenge so far, though. And I'm excited as to what character to play (assuming I get in, of course)!
Old 12-14-2018, 11:03 PM

Tools
User Statistics
If a scene gets to dark for you (your character), you could always RP up to a certain point and then post something suggesting what happened. I will probably make NPCs with evil dialogue and lots of verbal abuse, but anything above PG-13 will be done "off screen". Like "take them away and torture them. Remove their innards", and that would be the end of that scene.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
Wow, I've been waiting for a game like this for quite some time. Posting interest, I think I can make the deadline...

Focusing on College: Weekend poster
Old 12-15-2018, 01:28 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1266
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Basic InfoName: Rizzal Ny’Qoran.
Alignment: Lawful Evil.
Character Level: 3.
Class/Path: Fighter / Eldritch Knight.
Background: Outlander
Ideal: I will do whatever it takes, no matter the cost, to survive.
Bond: The Melviir’s are my bond. One way or the other, my fate is entwined with theirs.
Flaw: My obsession with Nhilafae consumes me. It will likely lead to my destruction.

PersonalityRizzal is many things to many people. His is the face that needs to fit where it needs to fit most. He is perfectly adept at passing himself off as whatever he needs to be to not just survive another day, but to thrive within the murderous and backstabbing confines of the drow society. Rizzal understands what survival means and how to achieve it within the confines of where he is and there is little he won’t do to do this.

Although Rizzal’s personality and tendencies drift towards the “evil” scale of the alignment axis, in truth this evil is borne from his own self-serving tendencies and machinations. Basically, he is of paramount importance and although he makes bonds and friendships, if those personal bonds interfere with his own advancement and existence, then he will do what is necessary to advance himself. There are none who are beyond this — although on the whole he will only backstab someone if placed in a position where it is his survival or theirs.

Perhaps atypical of a common warrior, Rizzal has within him a cold and calculating intelligence. Although fearsome indeed with the blade, it is his intellect and analytical mind that holds him apart from the typical sellsword mercenary. Rizzal is capable of dissecting a situation and assessing the most profitable and productive course of action.....for himself and those he holds dear of course. It is what, ultimately, brought him to the attention of Nhilafae Melviir.

Nhilafae Melviir.

To her Rizzal owes his allegiance, and his continued survival is tied directly in to the drow matron’s. She is his sponsor and offers him the hand of her protection in return for his services. Yet Rizzal holds within him an irrational hatred of the matron, and this is something that he cannot quite understand the origins of, save that it does exist.

It was something that Nhilafaes daughter, Aunryna, also recognised......

However, despite this irrational hatred of the Matron Mother, Rizzal, despite having more than one opportunity to do so, hasn’t yet brought himself to kill her. His hesitation at killing her, the source of his obsession, is something that he struggles to understand as much as he struggles to understand his hatred of her to begin with.

HistoryRizzal does not remember a life before his involvement with the Melviir house. His fate has always been tied in with that family. If there was a time before, he does not remember it. His earliest memory was of waking with the Drow Matron Nhilafae standing over him.

You would be dead without my magic and the benevolence of Lolth. You will serve me as my enforcer, my ears and my eyes within the city. You will be an extension of my will. Your continued existence is because of me, and you will repay that back through indenture. Do not think of betrayal Rizzal Ny’Qoran. Your survival is bound in to mine. Without my sponsorship, you would be dead.

Rizzal had nothing. Of his life before there was no memory. In this, he knew the truth of the matron’s words, a houseless drow was as good as dead. And so he gave her his word that he would serve her faithfully, and all the while inside him there was the smallest kernel of hatred towards his benefactor, one that grew over time until it became a dangerous obsession. Why this was, Rizzal could not answer, save that the hatred was there, and it could not be denied. Nor could he explain why Nhilafae was interested in his services when she surely had an entire house at her disposal.

The truth of it was that Nhilafae saw something in the young warrior that her other soldiers did not have. An intellect as sharp as any blade, she knew he would serve her, and serve her better than the others. And of course, she knew of his obsession and his desire to see her dead, and even this she manipulated to her own ends.

For his part, Rizzal has more than lived up to Nhilafae’s expectations. Within the city, he has used his abilities to unerringly root out those who would harm the Melviir’s, much to Nhilafae’s continued approval.

RP Sample"Stay sharp now. No telling what creatures might come out of the shadow to strike."

Rizzal spoke with a small sharp smile as he turned his back on his companion. There was an uneasy feeling in the air, and the others could sense it. All around, the others in the camp walked with a stiffness that belay their nervous disposition. Their hands rested on their hilts of their swords as they paced restlessly up and down the campsite which they had made. All, that is, except for Rizzal. He sat next to the burning fire and crossed his legs. His burning red eyes reflected eerily off the flickering orange flames. Those red eyes had always been a source of unease around the other drow.

He is not natural. He is cursed by Lolth, they would say when they believed him to not be listening. But Rizzal was listening. He was always listening.

Even now, as his companions walked nervously, he sat on the floor with all the ease and comfort in the world. The group were five in number, hand-picked by Matron Nihlafae herself. Of course, Rizzal was selected to accompany them.

"My champion will come with you on this, your first assignment. His experience and his skill at arms will be vital to your safe return. Go with Lolth's blessing, and return to me unharmed," she had bade the group -- four recruits of the weaponmaster's guild, and Rizzal Ny'Qoran.

Of course, Rizzal had all the reason in the world to rest easy. He had the Matron Mother's blessing, as he always had. His red eyes burned brighter at the thought of Nihlafae, as Rizzal's thoughts conjured up an image of the Matron Mother lying on the floor, his blade having pierced her back. Her eyes gaped wide with surprise as she turned to face him.....her most loyal servant, or so she thought.

Why....., she would gasp, mouth open in shock as the light in her eyes faded forevermore......

"Why....." he mouthed silently as he withdrew his blade from her now cooling body.

It was strange really.....to think that the almighty Matron Mother was reduced to this........nothing more than a leaking sack of meat.

"Why....." he repeated, wiping his blade casually on the front of her velvet robes. "......because it is my desire, Matron Mother."

The truth of it was....as was always......Rizzal could not really identify why he hated her so.

“Rizzal, Rizzal.....,” she gasped with her dying breath....

“Rizzal, Rizzal.....,” it wasn’t Nihlafae speaking.

The sound of metal clashing on metal could be heard. Rizzal cane to from his reverie to see the others, they were fighting for their very lives against.......elves? Surface elves, down here in the depths of the Underdark? But why....why would anyone from the surface willingly venture down here?

“Help us!” they cried.

Smiling slightly, Rizzal stood up, unhurried and unruffled as he surveyed the scene. Two of them had fallen already, their twisted bodies no more than a silhouette reflected against the orange light of the fire. Standing before them were four elves, pressing them from all sides.

“How poor,” Rizzal said lackadaisically as he drew his blade. “Letting surface elves get the drop on you in your own subterranean realm? This is unacceptable,” stepping forwards, he engaged one of the elves.

Turning his opponents sword thrust away from him casually, Rizzal glanced to the side to see that another drow lay dead. Two of the elves were now fallen too from a multitude of wounds. Two against two. The elf sneered at him, thrusting low as Rizzal easily turned the sword away, stepping backwards gracefully as the elf pressed the assault, stepping forwards.

Exactly as Rizzal had wanted to. His opponent swung once, twice, thrice, but each time Rizzal was up to the task, turning each of the blows away.

“First lesson,” Rizzal aimed his voice at his sole remaining companion, a drow by the name of Zak. “When you attack, are every attack count.”

Rizzal launched his own offensive now, his sword becoming an almost dizzying blur as he lashed out. His weapon was an extension of his arm, and it was all the overmatched elf could do to keep it at bay. Finally, after dazzling his opponent with a series of extravagant maneuvers, Rizzal grabbed the elf’s arm with his free hand. Pulling him in, he brought his sword down, severing the elf’s sword hand with a cruel blow. Screaming in pain, the elf dropped to his knees, clutching futilely at the bleeding stump of his arm.

Whirling, Rizzal casually drove his blade through the remaining elf, the tip of the weapon piercing his back. With a gasp, the stunned elf slid off the edge of the sword.

“Second lesson. Always know where you are on the battlefield. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, lest you get a blade lodged in your back.”

Smiling sardonically, Rizzal completed the spin, bringing his sword back around in a circle, decapitating the wounded elf where he knelt sobbing.

Wiping his blade on his fallen foes, Rizzal nodded to Zak.

“Lesson complete. The Matron will be pleased with your return.”

The other drow stood there, his mouth open in stunned amazement as Rizzal sheathed his sword. Looking to the other drow, Rizzal winked at him.

“Come now, anyone would think this was your first dance youngling. Take your lessons on board and learn them well.”

Rizzal began to walk away.

Last edited by Ballingray; 12-16-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
Quick question, would you be willing to allow Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter Class?

Old 12-15-2018, 03:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReid View Post
Quick question, would you be willing to allow Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter Class?
What would be the impetus for the character to become a blood hunter? The class looks okay, from what I am reading, although I don't see a duration mentioned for Crimson Rite.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
The Underdark is a large place with many fascinating beasts and monsters, Lolth herself is a demon-goddess. For the same reason poachers hunt animals to near-extinction, Blood hunters may have sprung up to meet the demand for magical/alchemical components, luxury goods, and to exterminate threats. In that way, they could be like big-game hunters except their prey are demons or faeries Maybe Lolth priestesses like to wear jewelry derived from vampire fangs, or need basilisk blood to concoct a poison for a plot of succession? There's probably a need for these kind of exotic ingredients, so overtime these "hunters" perfected their trade.

The idea I have in mind is that this my PC is from a small House that has made this their family trade for centuries. Due to their success, they have gained considerable wealth in Cloibbra and dream of expanding their influence, perhaps one day reaching the grandeur of one of the great Houses of Menzoberranzan.

I think The Crimson Rite is like a passive ability that's only active during battle. At the cost of a certain amount from their max HP pool, the PC can imbue their weapon with an extra 1d4 rite damage. Once battle is over, the rite fades and their HP Pool returns to normal. It's a neat concept.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:36 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Well it says if they are disarmed, or drop the weapon, they lose the benefit and the HP penalty is lifted. I suppose we are to infer that it's constantly up while the HP are reduced. Mercer could probably clean up the language on that.

I guess the class if fine, which path were you looking at for it?
Old 12-16-2018, 03:45 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
StarSignMaster StarSignMaster StarSignMaster
Name: Fardock Torsiller
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Character Level: 3 (why do we even have to put this here if everyone has the same)
Class: Warlock
Background: Charlatan
Ideal: Family. Despite my dislike of other people, I hold those in my family close to my heart and would never dream of hurting them.
Bond: I believe in equivalent exchange. All actions must have an equal and opposite reaction. Itís a law of the world.
Flaw: Iím an honest person. I may be very cryptic in my words and omit a lot of information, but I would never blatantly say something untrue.
Personality: Itís remarkable how gullible drow are. They may lie to each other on a daily basis, but tricking them can be so easy. Just promise them something they want, and they turn into putty in your hand.
History: I was a bastard child, and was raised by my mother and my mother's mother until my mother died of a widespread plague. The family worked in an occult business in the slums of the city, making money off superstitious rogues and wizards. My grandmother, Odelia, didn't actually have any magical ability, but in a world where magic is abundant, nobody doubted her when she said she did. I served as Odelia's assistant, carrying around the "magical" merchandise, like talismans, crystal balls and lucky charms. When I was 13, I decided that I wanted my mother back, regardless of the price. I used actual magic to summon the Fiend. The Fiend arranged a collection of deals with me. The first was getting my mother back, and the Fiend said he would resurrect my mother if I murdered another person. "A life for a life." The Fiend would insist. I went to town, and killed an old man, who was feeble and would die soon anyway. After that, I continued to make deals. I started working as a confidence man to swindle people out of cash.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
I guess the class if fine, which path were you looking at for it?
Thanks. I'm leaning towards profane soul, but I won't know for sure until I thresh out her concept a little more.

Last edited by JReid; 12-16-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4014
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
How many players are you considering?
Closed Thread