DnD5e Cloibbra Kai ~ City of Shadows - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1266
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
App is complete. Let me know if there’s anything you don’t like.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:30 AM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1405
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
@StarSignMaster - I stuck that blurb in there due to people asking about starting ability scores. I've moved it out of the list.

@Stonk - I won't start people out in the same areas, so I think 6-8 at most. People tend to ghost games a lot, so an extra few wouldn't hurt.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Updated application post. I have a custom cleric domain for any potential players that want to play a cleric.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:28 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid

Focusing on College: Weekend poster

Last edited by JReid; 12-18-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3934
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Thanks, I am stewing a couple ideas about how to come at the dark elf perspective and which method to go with.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:54 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Old 12-19-2018, 01:12 AM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
Okay thanks, I figured it would be a stretch. Will have an app for you soon, once I've nailed it to the wall

Old 12-19-2018, 03:25 AM
Half Elf, Half Mad

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1820
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel
Samples completed, Super!

Not my best, but it was unlikely I'd get a writing break in the coming days, so there we are.

Last edited by Tinuviel; 12-19-2018 at 03:26 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:23 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by JReid; 12-27-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application Method 2 Complete

Last edited by Stonk; 12-19-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
My application is complete. I am happy to change or add anything that doesn't fit your story.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:42 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 886
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Dro Kilth
right-aligned image

Name: Dro Kilth
Alignment: CE
Class/Path: Paladin (Conquest)
Background: Soldier
Ideal: Only the strong survive, and the weak should be put out of their misery.
Bond: Those who stand with me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: I spend too much of my time thinking of my past and drinking.

Personality: One would never expect the savage warrior that is Dro Kilth to be soft spoken and sometimes even courteous. He is a man that is very well disciplined, speaking only when it's important, and unlike many other drow, he doesn't take to the overt and unnecessary cruelty that is common within the drow society, mostly because he sees it as overcompensating, as if the drow are trying desperately to snuff out every bit of light within them. He sees those type of drow as weak and not true servants of Lloth, and if he had his way he would fill the streets with their blood.

Some would say that he is stoic. And they wouldn't be wrong. Much has happened in Dro Kilth's life, many of which affected him in some way or other, and one of those ways is his stoic nature. He sees himself as a silent guardian of Lloth's worship, willing to do anything in her name and in the name and Selvetarm's. But, just as he is stoic, he's also a fierce fighter, giving no mercy to his opponents, be that a duel or a spar. If someone loses to him, they die. A sort of punishment for their weakness, since he believes all drow should be nothing but strong.

Then there is his cruelty. He doesn't believe in overt cruelty, but as a worshipper of Lolth and Selvetarm, and having been raised in drow society, cruelty is as a part of him as his skin. But unlike the other drow that backstab each other and seek to gain power through subterfuge, he will outright kill anyone that slights him in broad daylight so to speak, and because he believes himself the mortal sword of Selvetarm, he believes himself not only justified, but obligated in order to appease Lolth.

And because he serves the Champion of Lolth, he holds the Priestesses in high regard. He will willingly humble himself before them in a show of devotion. He may not agree with them, or may even despise a few of the Priestesses, but he will never seek to disrespect one or tarnish the reputation of a Priestess, even going as far as drawing his sword in their defence.

History: Dro Kilth was born as the second child to a rather destitute drow family. His father was a simple guard to a noble family while his mother was a musician. Their home, a small cramped space was enough for the young Dro, as he was often outside playing with his older brother, bashing sticks with him. Eventually, he grew older and soon joined the raiding parties that pillaged nearby Underdark settlements, revelling in the slaughter of other humanoid creatures, especially the gnomes and the duergar. As time progressed, he went out into more and more raids, eventually joining a raiding party that often ventured to the surface world.

It was there that he cut down his first elf. The feeling was almost bliss, and he grew addicted to it. But above all, it was his fascination with the above world, and how different it was to what he had called home for centuries. He would often join as many raiding parties to the surface as he could, eventually becoming a leading in such ventures. Where once he was taught how to tactically maneuvre in such a strange and alien world, he was teaching younger drow to do the same.

But, his curiosity of the surface world got the better of him. He led his raiding party too far and they were cornered by two squads of mounted knights. He and his team fought for their lives, but he quickly realized they were going to lose if he didn't pull his team back into the Underdark; and as he was making the retreat, several infantry from the flank crashed into them. They were finished, and he knew it. In desperation he called out to Selvetarm, swearing his life to the Champion of Lolth if he delivered them from the slaughter. Selvetarm answered, and the drow were barely able to escape. The humans chased them deep into the Underdark where he had the advantage and managed to slaughter them in Selvetarm's name.

But the god was not yet appeased. He got a dream that in order to repay the aide that was given, he had to slaughter his family in the god's name. Dro was shaken by the thought, to kill his dear brother was something he didn't know he could do, but he knew the consequences that would come if he refused. And so begrudgingly, he walked into his family's home and slaughtered them all, marking their blood onto his face. It was then that he felt the holy power of Selvetarm enter him, and knew that he was the mortal sword of Lolth's Champion.

RP Example: As impassive and stoic as his face was, Dro was anything but. His mind was reeling, the looks of shock on the faces of his loved ones was still fresh in his mind. Sleep was still difficult, but he was convinced that he would get over it, or if not that, the pain would scab over and he would move on with his life. Best course, he thought, was to ignore it entirely. It seemed however, the more he did so the more it kept coming back as though it demanded his attention, seeking answers. But he had none. How could he explain that he was forced into it, that unforeseen circumstances and the aide of a deity had led to their deaths.

It mattered little. They were dead, and their slaughter appeased Selvetarm. And by appeasing him, he was also appeasing Lolth. That was all that mattered, he couldn't let his mind deviate from that. He was afraid of what would happen if he did. Would he crack? He wondered how'd that turn out. To be seen as weak: a soldier of a god, cracking under the pressure that was placed upon him. He couldn't allow it.

Dro Kilth stood vigilant over a street, a sword in his hand with the blade's tip touching the ground as he watched with idle eyes the various drow citizens walk by, minding their own businesses and tending to their needs. He stood watching, a part of him hoping that something would happen to draw his attention, but alas. Nothing did. He had several more weeks of this and how he would dread every day of it. But as a drow it was his duty, and he had to uphold that responsibility; he couldn't allow himself to slip. Not again.

"With the way you're looking, Dro, you look like you could use a drink," a voice said suddenly next to him.

Dro turned to see Nyston, one of the drow that he had often accompanied on raids with, was standing next to him his eyes looking out over the underground city. "You have no idea," he responded. "You buying."

"Just so you can empty out my coffers again. You owe me for that by the way."

Dro was silent for a moment then shrugged. "I suppose it's fair, considering you can barely hold in your drink."

"Is that some sort of challenge, Dro Kilth?"

Dro turned to face his companion. "It might very well be," he said with a slight smirk. "You think you can take me on."

Nyston shrugged. "I suppose we'll see," he said as he started walking off. "If I win, you buy drinks for a month, lad."

"And if I win?"

Nyston turned with a grin, "well, wouldn't you love to find out."

Last edited by Torack; 12-21-2018 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Added in my Sacred Oath path
Old 12-26-2018, 06:54 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Two more days until the deadline. To any interested players, make sure to fully fill out your applications or I won't consider them ready for the deadline on the 28th of this week. This includes having your single RP example, for Method One applicants, or the four RP samples for Method Two applicants.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:38 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
It's a shame but I have to withdraw, just haven't found the time due to the busy holiday to thresh out the app to the same high standard others has shown here. Good job everyone, have fun!

Old 12-28-2018, 10:21 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are now closed. Thanks for the interest, even for those that couldn't complete their applications or had to bow out for personal reasons. Hope to see you around the site and maybe game with you in the future.
Closed Thread