Old 12-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1736
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
More Dwarven Info:
Religions of the Dwarves
Being the descendants of a kingdom the predates the birth of many of the other races gods the Dwarves have a very different religion to much of the rest of the continent. They practice a form of ancestor worship, in which several of their ancient heroes are lifted to deific status.
Chief among these heroes is the ancient Dwarven King Erico and his brother, and rival Prince Emilio. It is believed amongst the dwarves that upon his death Emilio set about conquering the land of the dead and brought a great host under his control. With this army, he invaded the Hel plane, a land of infinite ice, and forced the Lord of Frost to bow to him. It was then that Emilio returned to the mortal realm to seek revenge on his younger brother, Erico. A great war erupted between the Dwarves and their chattel races on one side and the forces of Hel and Death on the other. King Erico was forced back, deeper and deeper into the now-lost Dwarven Homelands of myth until one day he climbed atop a mountain and wrested control of the sun from the god Belenus. He forged the sun's rays into a blade and led his armies to victory, throwing his brother back.
Upon his death King Erico vowed to return should his brother ever rise again. Then he left, climbing to the halls of heaven to make Belenus his manservant. Thus is Erico, the Eternal King of Summer constantly at war with Emilio, the Perished Lord of Winter. Followers of Emilio claim that Erico was a poisoner and usurper and that justice was never meted out. They are passionate believers in writing wrongs but will do so by any means necessary. Followers of Erico believe that Emilio was jealous and vain. They follow a code of respect for others and especially their property and zealously hunt down the undead. Followers of Erico also hold grudges against anyone seen to wrong the Dwarves or who speaks ill of their lord.
There are plenty of other Dwarven ancestor gods if you'd like to know about one that has a particular element in its portfolio feel free to ask and I'll add more.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
killaroo3 killaroo3 killaroo3
Quote:
Originally Posted by killaroo3 View Post
right-aligned image

Name: Taku
Race: Githyanki
Class: Artificer
Background: Inheritance

Trait:
The ends always justify the means.
I will Invest in the future in whatever currency I have.

Bond: My wife and our unborn offspring, their life means more to me than my own.

Ideal: With enough hard work, and enough investment, I can provide the perfect life for my family.

Flaw: It is never too late to settle things peacefully, even if they have already thrown the first punch.

Appearance: I am Githyanki. That’s all most people will see, what they don't see is the burden I place on myself, I am always slumped over with the weight that I put on my own back, from the failures I have endured. They only see my green skin, my shrivled face and they call me monsterous.

Personality: I was raised by my father. He raise me to be respectable and quiet. I spend my childhood surrounded by people in the embassy and yet I always felt alone. I would talk only when talked to, lest my voice be distracting or offensive to our guest.
When I was five I dropped a knife on my foot, and I cried out in pain. when my father had seen what had happened he told me to be quiet as I was disrupting the guest dinner. It was moments like me that shaped me into the stoic man I am today. I learned to push my feelings down, bottle them up before they would cause me to act out and thus land in trouble. So I watcher, observed, and learned. I was a bright spark, tutored from a young age. That was what my father liked to show off, my intelligence, my musical prowess, and my physical strength. Unfortunatly this was not enough. My father had tried multipul times, all in vein, to find me a suitor. He had hoped that I could help him form a strong political alliance and ensure a life of comfort for his grandchildren. He use to tell me that my destiny would be whatever he said. I use to believe him untill all of his efforts amounted to nothing. Due to this I gave up on the idea that I was bound by fate. I had realised that my future is my own to control.

Backstory:
My parents split whilst I was 11; as my father left my mother for another woman. He was ashamed by it, however there are some people you can never risk offending. I knew it was comming i had spent long enough watching to understood his situation. We left on amicable terms, he told me to look after my mother, and to return when I am old enough to take over the estate. He sent me away to see life from a new perspective, one not trapped in the bureaucracy of the embassy he ran. So I left. Caring for my mother we moved from Ancient Imperium to Terranoir, I lived with her for the later years of my childhood. She tried to raise me to be hateful and vengeful. She raised me to hate my father; she raised me to become a man he would hate, as she spited him so. And I let her believe that she had succeeded. I had gained myself a job working at a tavern during this time, and it was there that I had met Sika, a musician that use to play and sing, she was enchanting, and she found me unique.
I use to play my flute to her, and she and I would sneak off at night. One day I got a letter from my father, he asked me to return to take over his estate. And Sika had told me that she was expecting, so we bribed our way onto a ship that night. The crew were reluctant, a woman on a ship can be a monstrous omen, but the captain had taken our payment and ensured us safe passage.

The journey was horrifying; storms wilder than any the captain had seen, men washed over bored. The main mast was torn asunder, and many a deck hand was maimed or killed. Sika and I took refuge in the bottom of the boat, it was half flooded, but we stayed out of the way for fear we might hinder the efforts to save the ship, it was there I found Mason, an artificer. He helped mend the ship, treated the wounded with his metallic beast, and taught me about a world I had only ever read about in the library at the embassy as a child. I paid him and he gave me
A locket with Sika's face engraved on it, taught me how to make it keep my voice. It was the best thing I had ever given her. Unfortunately the passage of the ship only grew worst, and mutiny was on everyone's mind, for they blamed Sika, and so we were thrown off of the ship. A life boat our only saving grace, and so I rowed, for several days, and Sika took ill. We arrived on dry land, and I found my way to Aldan. I didn't know where it was in location to anything, or its language. And so I looked for a job, and found one in wache. "Wife. With child. sick. need money." I strung together what I could with my limited knowledge of the language. I spoke in broken Aldanisch. The guard spoke back; I could make our a few words, money, join fight, and care for her. I worked out the gist, I joined the wache, and they cared for Sika in the barracks, I would have to make a living here, earn enough money to move on, for she could not travel any longer without risking the child.

RP Sample:

Father’s eyes were burning with a fierce intensity. "Why did you strike him. " his voice did not betray his anger; he would not let it whilst we were in company. And we were always in company.
" It was a game father, we were just... "
" You are never to play with swords, or any weapon. " his voice was quiet and cold still, but I knew to stop talking whenever her started, it was engraved into me.
The blood on my sword was staining the carpet, its heavy weight was a feather compared to the guilt I was feeling, I had shammed my father, and I had wounded a guest.
the boy was gritting his teeth as he stood with a gash down the side of his face, he has raised his sword to block the blow, but even though we were just pretending the sword was too heavy to hold aloft, and so it slipped from my grasp and fell onto the boy, cutting into his cheek.
Father had healed it with magic, but that was not the point.
" did you hear me, if you so much as pick up a sword again I will have no choice but to banish you. "
" Now, now no need to fuss, my sons fine, and in as much fault as yours, spare the boy, we were all foolish children once." fathers guest spoke up, I didn’t know his name, but he stunk of perfume and wore make-up which was so strange for an orc.
" Your right, come let us go for some tea, Taku, practice your music." as father left he looked back and his voice played in my mind.
" Did you hear me, if you so much as pick up a sword again I will have no choice but to banish you"

The waves crashed into the ship, and yet Saki slept on. Whilst I and Mason worked a device that Mason had created. We pumped the ship pushing water out of the decks, and then the storm broke.
Mason sat down in relief wiping the sweat from his brow. I finished pushing the last of the water out with the pump.
" They blame her you know " Mason said, "For all this, they have come down demanding that she goes. I can’t hold them off forever."
I poor mason a drink as I sit down next to him "I know, but you said we were only a few days from port, if we can just last until then. We will make the rest of the journey by ourselves."
" That was before our mast broke, now who knows how long it will take."
" What would you suggest I do, we can’t swim?"
" You can row. If you go up there with my support I can trade getting you both off of the ship for a row boat."
" And then what? We will die on the sea. I will not allow that to happen, I must protect my family."
" If you want to protect them then you need to go, there was an assassination attempt on your life last night, my snare went off. Thomas had picked the lock and was entering with a knife."
" What when?"
" When you were helping above the ship, I found him. And convinced him it was not in his best interest to harm your wife. If he wished to continue living yours, your wife is not safe here, so take this." Mason said, handing over a compass. "Travel south-westerly when you sail, that should get you to dry land the quickest."
I looked mason in the eyes, he was weary everyone on board was. And the look in his eyes told me he was telling me the truth.
" In the morning we will leave at when dawn breaks. " I hated myself for agreeing, but it was the safest choice for my family. "Mason can you guard us for one more night? I will need to sleep well if I’m to row to shore. "
Mason smiled as his metal bird landed at the door, he pushed his pick-lock into his glove, and electricity sparked from the fingertips.
" For you my friend I will, but if we ever meet again. " he paused, his owl landing on his shoulder. "You own me a nights worth of work."

Last edited by killaroo3; 12-20-2019 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 12-15-2019, 01:03 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1465
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
Application
URL: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=83052
Name:Harmony
Race:Tiefling
Class:Warlock (Undying Patron. Pact of the Chain)
Background:Urchin
Personality Traits:1)I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.
2)I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets.
Flaw:1)I will never fully trust anyone other than myself.
2)It's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.
Ideal:1)I help the people who help me-that's what keeps us alive.
2) I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life.
Bond:I owe my survival to another urchin who taught me to live on the streets.
Appearance:When the dirt and grime was cleaned from Harmony's face, she is a stunningly beautiful tiefling. Her clothes are simple and easy to mend a few trinkets in a satchel hanging from her body. Red skin and the two horns that are atop her head make her hard to miss in a crowd.
Personality:Growing up on the streets Harmony had to learn to fend for herself. Surviving by picking the pockets those not paying attention so that she my eat. Little trinkets that Harmony found, or picked off of people became memories. She kept them close, they were her treasures. Often finding others that lived on the streets; some stole from her. Everyone that took from her did so to survive. Sometimes she would freely give any extra food she may have to others she found.
Backstory:Harmony's parents had been lost during a hunting party years ago, she never knew them. Refusing to live in an orphanage, the tiefling girl took to the streets of Schutzberg. Starving and homeless she began to get desperate. She learned from others on the streets how to steal. Taking only what she needed to survive, helping others when she could. As she got older she took more risks, which sometimes got her into trouble. One day after taking some coin from a rude member of society, she was cornered and mugged by those she thought were her friends.

During the attack, Harmony cried out for anyone to help her. No one answered. Barely clinging to life, as the darkness began to overtake her, she heard a voice calling out to her. It was a soothing voice, one that brought her peace. She could not tell if it was a man or a woman talking but they gave her a choice, give into the darkness and pass on. Or fight death and live once more. She chose to continue living, but this choice came with a price. Able to cheat death Harmony decided at that moment that she would no longer continue living her life on the streets. Hearing that the Wache was hiring, she knew that this was her one shot to change the life she lived.

RP Sample:Begging on the streets was not beneath her. Sitting on the main street, head bowed with a disheveled hat quietly waiting as people passed by paying her no attention. Her matted black hair covered her face so the people walking buy could not see her eyes watching them. "They wont even look at me..." A man stopped in front of the young girl. She looked up at him. "Any coin will help sir." He looked at her with a discussed look on his face, he spit on her before continuing to walk down the street. Harmony looked at the man walking away. (Infernal)"You know what to do." There was a flutter of wings from her invisible familiar that had been sitting next to her.

After a minute or so her quasit familiar returned still invisible. Her telepathic link showed her where he was. [i]"Good job."[i] As if materializing out of thin air, three gold coins dropped into the hat. "Thank you for your generous donation." the girl whispered with a grin. Harmony was never one to keep such coin for herself. There were many children that lived on the streets and she did her part to give them the support the so desperately needed.

Last edited by Cheshire; 12-15-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the applications. Always room for tweaking or new apps up until the deadline. 5 days to go!
Old 12-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2196
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Withdrawing Sammi from consideration as I just got into another game and don't want to be starting two simultaneously. Thanks and good luck.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
That's a shame! I like Sammi. If you want to reapply for a later group, fell free you are most welcome.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:00 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 457
Boomy Boomy Boomy Boomy Boomy
I'm sorry. Despite having you describe the dwarven lore I have to withdraw due to hardware issues.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
That's OK, but its a shame. If you get them sorted out I would love to see you come back for a later group. Describing lore is never a problem to me, I love people taking an interest in the world.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:18 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Samson Shields
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Class: Bard (College of Valor)
Background: Urchin

Appearance: This red-haired, pale-skinned young man wears common clothes bleached by the sun and stained by use, though oddly not tattered or damaged. His golden eyes accompany a broad and bright smile and mark an end to what he has in the world. He stands at 5’8” with a lean build and well-worn hands.
Personality: Samson has a very positive attitude most of them and tries to jump on any and every opportunity to help. He can quickly get acquainted with new people but has a hard time trusting them deeply. He often tries to be dramatic in an effort imitate the heroes of great stories even in relatively mundane tasks. He often speaks with a loud and jovial tone, usually louder than socially expected, though he can be quiet if he needs to be. He is daring and wishes to prove his worth and heroism against great odds for the good of others.
Backstory: Sammy was abandoned by his parents as a newborn for reasons he can’t even begin to guess at. Though he knows little of his angelic guardian or even his celestial heritage, his guardian almost certainly played a role in his surviving and eventually learning to fend for himself on the streets of Kreutz, a trading city in Grenz Herzogtum. As a child he often found himself begging when he could and stealing when he had to. Near the beginning of his teenage years, he began to hang around the outsides of taverns to hear the music and other entertainment that came through. It was through these experiences that he first met Perceval, a traveling storyteller.
Perceval came through the town always telling exciting adventures about heroes and monsters. Sammy would sit outside the tavern walls and listen to Perceval’s stories until the late hours of the night and it wasn’t long before Sammy became acquainted with Perceval, who would occasionally throw him a gold piece or two and even began to train him in the magic of music. One day, Perceval returned and told Sammy to travel to the city of Schutzberg as they were openly recruiting for the city watch, a chance for Sammy to rise out of poverty and perhaps even become a great hero. Before Sammy departed, Perceval gave him a new name, “Samson Shields”, and said that he hoped Samson would earn an epithet soon.
Roleplay Sample:

Last edited by Crucius; 12-21-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:22 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Sorry this is so close, I hope I’m not too late.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Applications before this post will be considered for inclusion. Time for me to start the assessment process. I'll have the final role call up before Christmas, but can't say what day yet. It takes a while to analyse all the entries.

Thanks for your interest everyone and good luck.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ok overly optimistic. Soon after Christmas
Old 12-24-2019, 05:57 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1465
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
Take your time. Most people are pretty busy during the holidays anyway
Old 01-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The results are in, this was a hard one. Wish I could take you all:

Togot: Willow
Phasmus: Horace
Killaroo: Taku
BinnFord: Lyndon
Cheshire: Harmony

You are all in, I will send you a link to the OOC and game threads in the next day or so. For now here is the link to the forum, feel free to look around: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18214
Old 01-08-2020, 12:17 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1132
Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus
Huzzah! ... By when will you want a character sheet?