twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-08-2020, 08:04 AM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Congratulations to everyone who made it in. For those of us interested in group 3, when will the post be updated with the new city name? Also, I would love to see my score on the rubric if at all possible.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1736
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
I'll get that rubric analysis sorted for you Crucius (give me a week to write it up, if you've not received it shout at me). The post for the new city should be going up some point today. I'm going to ask everyone to repost their apps after it goes live if they want to be considered. The new city should be a fun one, its quite different to the last two.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasmus View Post
Huzzah! ... By when will you want a character sheet?
As soon as you can manage. You should have a PM with more details and links to the relevant threads now. If you don't I misspelt your username, so please let me know.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Group 3 add is up. Please post apps after this. Please repost if you have an earlier app you would like to be considered.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:16 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
More Lore posted up in the top thread. If anyone has any questions about the setting please let me know!
Old 01-15-2020, 06:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hot Fresh Lore Updates, get your Hot Fresh Lore Updates here.

No need to read all of it, but feel free to read anything of interest.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6314
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
right-aligned image

Name: Cade Underbough

Race: Lightfoot Halfing

Class: Rogue
Background: Charlatan

Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Traits: I’m a born gambler who can’t resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.
I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions where humor is inappropriate.

Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit—no one tells me what to do.

Bond: I owe everything to my mentor—a horrible person who’s probably rotting in jail somewhere.

Flaws: I’m convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.

Appearance: Cade is tall for his people standing a whopping 3'3" in height and weighing 40 pounds. He has Wavy sand brown colored hair a large sideburns typical of his people. His eyes are hazel in color and and almost seem to sparkle in the light.

Personality: Cade is a jovial fellow especially in the city where he most often plies his trade. He is quick to make friends, but once wronged equally as quick to dismiss someone, and does not easily forgive those. As most halfling's he is also quite curious about the world as a whole and loves traveling and experiencing new things. Since he was a young child he has always been fascinated by the various places he and his mentor visited, and he takes great joy traveling the world.

Backstory:

Sample:

Last edited by JaredSyn; 01-17-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1435
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
@Drager. I misunderstood your PM the other day. I thought it meant I had been accepted into the 3rd group. I re-read it to be just a reminder that applications are still open. Anyway. I am interested. Using the aasimar sorcerer that I had originally applied with. His name is Lumin.

Re-posting....
Completed Application
Name: Lumin
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Background: Urchin
Trait:
-Lives with a chip his shoulder
-Eager to punish injustice and evil
Bond:
-I was sent to this world to fulfill a special destiny
Ideal:
-Change: The low shall be lifted up, and the mighty shall fall.
Flaw:
-I can never trust anyone other than myself
Appearance:
Lumin is a very young looking man. His appearance is almost child-like. He is frail and thin. But his features are perfect. He has the face of an angel.

Personality:
Lumin is bright and charismatic. He is eager to befriend those who are open to him. He is well liked in the circles that he frequents. But he is often misunderstood by strangers. He distrusts power and authority. He is resentful of privileged people. And when someone has made him an enemy, he can be ruthless.

Backstory:

Lumin is from Donava. He has come to Schutzberg in search of answers about his mother.

Lumin knows very little about his parents. His whole life he has bounced from orphanages to street people to traveling caravans and back again. Once, there was a seer among the travelers he was with. This old woman claimed to divine a tale about Lumin's mother. She told many people about it, and it was spoken of like some sort of a legend. The seer seemed sort of crazy and often her visions were wrong. He doesn't know if he could believe the story or not. But it is all he has.

According to the legend, Lumin's mother was a peasant girl who stumbled upon a fey princess, chained to a tree in the forest. She freed the princess. Her reward for this feat was to be granted three wishes. She wished to be beautiful. She wished to be as rich as the richest merchant in her town. Then feeling guilty about her vanity and greed, she wished for a child that would bring light into this dark world. In several months, she indeed bore a beautiful child. But the boy possessed powerful and uncontrolled magic. The young woman came to believe that the fey princess had tricked her, and that the child was some sort of curse. So she abandoned the boy to an orphanage, and took her wealth to far away Schutzberg.

Lumin possesses inherent magical abilities, and he has learned to use these abilities to protect his neighbors. He has a deep need to fight injustice and evil.

Roleplay Sample:

Lumin had made up his mind to go to Schutzberg to see if he could prove the seer's tale to be true. He waited in town until a band of travelers came through that were headed in that direction. After some time, he found such a ground, and he asked them if he could join. He promised he could pull his own weight on this journey. The caravan captain reluctantly agreed.

One night he was awakened by a sound. He peered out of his tent to see the night guard slumped over the camp fire outside, with an arrow in his back.

Bandits! he thought. He clenched his fists and Cast Mage Armorsummoned protection for his body against weapons. Then he darted outside and looked for the source of the attack.

He spotted a man hiding behind a tree. These bandits were humans, not goblins or orcs.

He ran toward the tree and shouted. "To arms! To arms! Bandit Raid! Bandits!"
He extended his arms and called forth another spell. His intent was to call forth a Cast Ray of Sicknessgreen streak of magic that might poison the attacker.

Lumin could see in the campfire light that the spell had made some change to his skin. But he had no time to worry about it now. Until the others could get to their weapons, he was the only defense against the bandit attack....

Last edited by Stadiumite; 01-16-2020 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:49 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 738
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Gravel Samuelkin
right-aligned image
Name:Gravel Samuelkin
Race:Mountain Dwarf
Class:War Cleric
Background: Sage
Trait: I’m willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.
I’m used to helping out those who aren’t as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others. Gravel is a patient man, for a dwarf.
Bond: I work to preserve a library, university, scriptorium, or monastery. Gravel's attachment in life is a monastery of Soiryk.
Ideal: Logic. Emotions must not cloud our logical thinking. (Lawful). Gravel is willing to fight for logic and reason, because it is what his master's taught him as a youth.
Flaw: I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones. Gravel has always followed his county men's rules and breaks down when there are rule conflicts.
Appearance: Gravel is 3 foot tall and has a rugged facial hair instead of the usual beards dwarves are known for. Usually wears his old uniform, which consists of an old, ragged looking coat. His hair is colored brown, which match his tanned skin, and has clear blue eyes. He wears a necklace that has a wooden figure of a soldier, with an anguished facial expression.
Personality:Gravel is generally quite easy-going in his outlook. His relaxed attitude comes from the wisdom his obtained in using the power of logic and reasoning from his job. Despite his usually relaxed attitude, he is a rather harsh critic when it comes to other laws made by foreigners, which gives him a bit of a chaotic nature in foreign lands. Gravel has repeatedly shown himself to be a loyal devotee of Soiryk, not because of any faith or belief but mostly cause that Soiryk's story inspired him to be different then his kin. Which made him one of the few followers to gain his divine powers, just only a little.
Backstory:Gravel was born in the Drachen Klaue mountains, and grew up as the only kin of the Samuelkin after his mother died to an epidemic. As a young lad, his father was strict and would always use the rules of Drachen Klaue to discipline him. This resulted in Gravel learning all the known dwarven rules of Drachen Klaue, and a newfound respect for it. His adept ability to learn caught the eye of the sábios (sages), they decided to enroll him in the "Academia Dos Anões Talentosos E Instruídos", Gravel soon became a talented academic. In his time in the academy he started taking an interest in the dwarven religion and ever since birth has he has always aspired to learn the truth of many things. He join the church of Erico, the Eternal King of Summer, and then after a year he switched religion and joined the church of Emilio, the Perished Lord of Winter, and promptly left the faith after a year. He decided that the local faith of dwarves is just a family fued between two brothers, which was disappointing to him. This offended many academics and scholars who follow the dwarven pantheons. This led to Gravel being discredited for his work and eventually he dropped out of the academy.

Gravel decided to leave Drachen Klaue after this incident and went off on a journey to Aldan to find some way to earn money. He became a lawyer, but since he only learned about dwarven laws, this cost a lot of chaotic bouts and multiple critics of Aldan's laws. Which got him fired and arrested for punching a defense attorney in the middle of a trial. Their, he met an orc mercenary named Dale, Gravel was a man of knowledge and wanted to know more about his cellmates Orcish ways, he was more intrigued at the mention of Soiryk, the God of the Grave. Dale considers his God a comrade in arms, which caught the interest of Gravel to learn more about this Soiryk. After a few months, Gravel finally leaves prison, and learned quite a lot about this God of the Grave. First thing Gravel did was find a paladin of Soiryk, though this proved to be a challenge since only few people gain the divine powers of this God. But he found one paladin in a monastery, this paladin was an old withered veteran of battle named Comrade Brenton. He taught Gravel a more insightful history of Soiryk, and that this monastery used to be an orphanage, now it is a grave site for the families that died from local outlaws and bandits. Brenton's job is to protect the monastery, at all cost but his life withers by the days. Gravel promised to carry Brenton's burden and keep the monastery safe, so Brenton taught Gravel how to grave keep and to never treat Soiryk as a Good but only as a comrade. When Brenton passes away, he titled Gravel of the rank of Comrade. Seeing the raising numbers of bandits, Gravel decided to form the monastery as a refugee camp for the families that lost their home. That's when his divine powers manifested from helping this people, for a few months Gravel decided to handle this bandit situation when he heard the local guard are recruiting, so he assigned his most trusted people as grave keepers and left to join the Wache to end the bandit threat.
RP Sample: Brenton, grave keeper of The Peaceful Rest, was checking inventory when he noticed the dwarf standing near the door near next to the fire said dwarf set. Preoccupied by the equipments in his hand, Brenton asked the dwarf to keep working on his duties but he also insists on learning more about his Comrade. The dwarf named Gravel shuffled over and said,"I suspected zat you vould kome through here, zough didn't expect zis place to be shrouded vith kobvebs.". Comrade Brenton looked at the foreigner strangely and speaks with a raspy voice due to old age,"Well when your the only one left, it tends to get dirtier when theirs no one left to take responsibility, and I've been here for so long that I can't seem to take care some of the stuff around here. Would you like to take this duty, dwarf?"

"Hmm, I've been here for months now, and I still don't have the powers he has. I'm not connected as he is, but that's probably why I want to experience such a strange phenomenon." Gravel thinks a bit and speaks,"Vell, friend I vill not accept your proposal. But I assure you, I not one of give up so easily. So I'll be here to take responsibility you've been holding for so long.", Brenton was surprised at the dwarfs proclamation and had a hearty laugh with some coughing mixed in,"Ha, ha, ha, 'koff', ha, 'koff', sorry! Sorry, it's just that you remind me of one of my friends back in the day, dwarf. So you wish to protect this monastery, well you must know that you also have to protect the graves of those that rested here. You think you're up to it dwarf." and he reaches out his hand.

Gravel has this grin and shakes Brenton's hand, "Yeah, I'm up for it."

Last edited by GoombaJosh; 01-18-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
DNDAetous DNDAetous
Application
Name: Zumarh Shipstriker

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Fighter (Rune Knight)

Background: Shipwright

Trait:
I love sketching and designing objects, especially boats.
I have an endless supply of cautionary tales related to the sea.

Bond:
I repair broken things to redeem what's broken in myself.

Ideal:
Invention. Make what you need out of whatever is at hand.

Flaw:
I get frustrated to the point of distraction by shoddy craftsmanship.

Appearance:
Tall and broad-shouldered, Zumarh's frame bears witness to years of hard work and exposure to the elements. Darkened by the sun, his leathery brown skin has a rugged quality that belies his young age. His shoulder-length black hair is tucked behind both ears and shows signs of being cropped by a dull blade. Pale blue eyes and a large squarish nose pull attention away from the two small tusks that protrude from his lips.

Personality:
Rough and unrefined, Zumarh has been influenced by his upbringing on the docks. His unusual intelligence and knack for finding solutions to problems often leave him alienated from his peers, and the temper inherited from his orc blood often gets him into trouble. He finds peace in the art of creation, particularly woodwork, where he can use both his strength and mind.

Backstory:
Left orphaned on the docks of Schlammbecken at a young age, Zumarh scavenged and completed odd jobs through his youth to survive. His bright mind and innate strength made him a popular pick amongst the tradesman and dockworkers when additional workers were required. He caught particular attention of the local shipwright, who eventually hired the young half-orc full time in return for lodgings, food and training.

While Zumarh's dedication and skill in the craft were quickly apparent, his temper often got the better of him. Fights and arguments with the other tradesman and travelling sailors were frequent, and it was on more than one occasion that the shipwright had to negotiate with the Wache for Zumarh's release. After the latest incident, Zumarh was provided with a choice: Join the Wache, or leave the city. He has made his choice.

RP Sample:
Zumarh could feel his anger drain away with each hard strike of the heavy mallet. "They are the ones that weren't paying attention and dropped the crate, and then tried to blame their clumsiness on me." he muttered. And now because of their ineptitude, I am being sent to join the Wache. As he continued to bend the long plank of wood into shape, Burdyn Kalos sat down beside him. "Enough is enough. I warned you that it would come to this..perhaps it is for the best." Burdyn sighed. "Though I shall miss having you here to help around the place".

As the last of wood curved to the correct shape, Zumarh quickly lifted it, holding the plank against the ribs of the large rowboat in front of him, and with a few more hits of the hammer, nailed the plank into place. Standing back, he looked with a discerning eye over his handiwork. "But what do I know of proper fighting? Fists. I'm good with my fists. But what of swords and spells?". "Perhaps they'll let you hold a hammer?" Burdyn said with a slight smile, before standing and leaving Zumarh to finish his work.

Last edited by DNDAetous; 01-24-2020 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Fixed formatting
Old 01-18-2020, 07:04 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 738
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
And done, finished with my app, feel free to give some feedback
Old 01-19-2020, 03:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3819
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
-Posting Interest!- (WiP)
Avae
left-aligned image
Name: Avae Levari

Race: Variant Feral Tiefling

Class: Cleric (progression into War or Tempest Domain possibly), Patron: Axela

Background: Feature: Bad Reputation
No matter where you go, people are afraid of you due to your reputation.
When you are in a civilized settlement, you can get away with
minor criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at
a tavern or breaking down doors at a local shop, since most
people will not report your activity to the authorities.
Pirate (not your average pillage and plunder type) (alignment Chaotic Neutral)

Trait(s): I take responsibility for my own life . I like to motivate others to follow their own dreams and blaze their own paths. I am not afraid of the unknown.

Bond: The crashing of waves and the pulling of the current (the Sea)

Ideal: Freedom: The sea is freedom-the freedom to go anywhere and do anything.

Flaw(s): I always donate half of my reward, loot or treasure to those who are less fortunate than I or to the church in a new port or city visited. (She doesn't always want to, she's compelled to.)
I have a deep affinity for water. I should of been born merfolk. It's normal for me to seek out ponds,lakes,rivers and oceans when possible.

Appearance:
Avae stands 5'6, a slim figure of 120 lbs. Ivory complexion that never changes from sunlight (Variant Tiefling appearance). She has one singular row of white horns down the middle of her head, The tallest no more than 2.5 inches, the smallest a half inch. (Variant Tiefling appearance). She has no tail as often Tieflings do, nor wings as occasionally some variants would. Her tongue is a vicious whip when she's crossed. (Devil's Tongue-SCAG, Variant Tiefling)

(Still working on)

Personality: Whether it be the deadliest of squalls or the placidicy in the calm of the storm, my life is my own and only I can command my ship to steer it through the doldrums and typhoons that life may have in store for me. Neither the known or unknown will I cower from, let the storm rage and the winds howl...my hand remains steady, my course charted and I will see it through. I set my bar high and though I strive for greatness and glory, there are none that deserve any less then I, we are all born with hope as a lighthouse to guide our ship through the darkest hours of night, I can only do my best, to let those who choose to befriend or follow me, in becoming a lantern in their twilight.

Backstory:

There was no food, if there was food it wasn't what food should of been. There was water, but it wasn't clean and held an aftertaste of metallic residue. There was shelter, usually, but the rain always found it's way in through the rooftop and the water was relentless in anger that it had nowhere to go. My Father worked in the shipyards, more specifically he labored in the sawpits, the production of which were sent to the shipyards, the great planks used to bolster Schlamm's mighty naval fleet. The wage was poor, almost non existent and not nearly enough to feed and care for a wife and sickly child. So my Mother made up the difference in what little ways she could, a humble seamstress in the hardscrabble neighborhood we lived in. Generations, actually, lived in the very house I was raised in and the wear and tear of the dilapidated structure most assuredly saw better years, but I couldn't...or should I say, I dare not, complain of such, for all that I did have in this ramshackled home meant the world to me.

After a period of several years upon the wrist cuff's of death, the world began to shift and pull at me...it was not a gentle tugging either but more of a cold grasp on the back of my neck that yanked me from all that knew and all that I loved. Pirates had managed to come ashore in the darkest part of the night, neither did they raid or pillage, most likely keeping their concealment within the city docks a secret. Several children were taken that night, myself included. Snatched, quite literally, from my bed. I watched only a brief second as my Mother was thrown against an already failing panel of the wall, her body collapsing with the waterlogged timber and crumpling to the ground like a rag doll. My Father, still not home from the local watering hole , his usual routine nonetheless...there was no one to stop them, no one that heard my plea of terror. I was just...taken. Those first few endless days upon the ship, I questioned everything I possibly could in my mind, I was sick....probably dying, I wasn't supposed to see my 7th birthday, what little reward was there in my abduction, especially by unruly sea bandits that comprised of mostly men? Days turned into weeks which slid into months...my questions now silent, afterall, there was no one that would answer them anyhow. We weren't treated poorly, one could say, there was food we ate once a day and the early morning walks on deck, something that I literally lived for when my eyes opened in the morning and I realized I was still alive in the common cell the children shared below deck. Eventually, we found port one gusty, grey morning and that's where my story and my life actually begins.

RP Sample: Write no more than 2 paragraphs showing an interaction between your character and a key character from their past. At least 3/4s of the text must be from your character's point of view and you must include at least one line of dialogue and one thought from your character.

Dungeon Master @ AFTER
Took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by MeredithS; 01-19-2020 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:03 AM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Georg Fritzinger (Jarold Kalteisen)
Race: Variant Human
Class: Celestial Warlock
Background: Charlatan/Criminal
Trait #1: I love chess and will always challenge a new acquaintance to a game if I know they can play it. A little game helps people let their guard down anyways.
Trait #2: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.
Bond: My patron saved my life and I unfortunately owe a debt to him, especially unfortunate given how much of a goody two-shoes he is.
Flaw: When faced with a choice between money and my friends, I will usually choose the money.
Appearance: This slender human’s eyes and skin seem to mark him as an obvious native to Aldan. His hair seems much less common though, a side effect of his conscription to a great solar angel. His dress is mostly dark and practical though a single medallion seems to stand out on his person with the solar angel’s insignia. He has an air of confidence about him alternating between a smile that is rather disarming or a glare that is deeply unnerving.
Personality: Jarold is very manipulative. Life has taught him that the best way to get ahead is to make sure the right people like you. He will be friendly and humorous most of the time as that is usually the best way to get what he wants. But on the inside he’s playing a long game, trying to think of what little advantages he can take of others or when to cash in big on a connection.
Backstory: While originally hailing from the Weissenufer, Jarold has traveled through much of Aldan in his 32 years of life in involvement in various criminal organizations. He has seen many things and peoples and has scammed nearly as many. Oftentimes, his movement was required because of a breakdown of connections in a particular town. One of his more recent ventures brought him face to face with a group of adventurers who had quickly dispatched his fellow bandits and were about to kill him too. That was when Cairbre first intervened in his life, offering to save him from the adventurers on a condition of servitude. The angel could not be talked down from such terms, insisting on Jarold having some grand role to play out and Jarold reluctantly agreed.
After this encounter, the angel told him to depart to a place he had never been to before, a town by the name of Schlammbecken. Upon arrival the angel told him that he was to join the town guard, a prospect that made Jarold actually at its ridiculousness. But the angel would not back down so Jarold resigned himself to this backwards action, adopted the new identity of Georg Frtizinger, and prepared to do whatever he could to make the best out of an awkward situation.
Roleplay Sample: Jarold entered the new city after his trek through the woods, George Fritzinger, Georg Fritzinger...dammit, this is insane. Jarold heard the celestial voice reply in his head, This is necessary. No, it’s not necessary, it’s insane, Jarold kept an eye out to find a member of the wache. This was not a task he was new to, but his reasons now were so wildly different than they had ever been before. It took him much longer to find a watchman than he expected, but when he did he approached him with as upright a position as he could muster, "Good day sir, I am new in town and wanted to know where I might inquire about a job with the wache."
The young watchman rubbed his eyes, “You want to join the wache? You saw one of the flyers then?”
"I did not but my skill lies in the blade and I think it would be good for me to spend that strength defending the town," he said with a genuine-looking smile, I sound like an absolute moron. The watchman pointed him to the place where he could enlist and he made his way there, There, I hope you’re happy you shiny bastard. I will not be happy until the work is done, the voice resounded. You know, I’m starting to think that’s going to be true for me as well.

Last edited by Crucius; 01-29-2020 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Shortened RP Sample
Old 01-25-2020, 10:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2196
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Rontae
right-aligned image

Name: Rontae
Race: Goblin
Class: Gloomstalker
Background: Urchin

Trait: I never worry about tomorrow but live in the moment and I am always up for a new adventure.
Bond: Curiosity is my ruling passion, there is always something new and exciting to be discovered.
Ideal: People. I help the people who help me-that's what keeps us alive.
Flaw: I use smiles and humor to keep people at a distance. If you get too close, you will get hurt.

Appearance: Small, skinny, warty green skin when it shows through the layer of dirt, Rontae seems a typical goblin urchin. He seems a bit more graceful than most, a bit more likely to smile, a bit less obsequious. Although at first typical, after a minute or two you realize the urchin in front of you doesn't think of himself as poor or needy or starving. In fact, he seemed strangely confident. Why?

Personality: Although an urchin, Rontae isn't starving or abused. Instead he has a circle of strangely assorted people in the city who will feed him if he's hungry or let him sleep in a shed or stable if he needs to lie low. It's all about the favors. He does favors for people, not for money, though sometimes they tip, but just to create a balance where others will do favors for him if needed. And, of course, for the pleasure of the game.

Backstory: The son of a local back alley woman of fallen stature, Rontae knew nothing of his father. No name, no profession, only the remains of a battered tin Wache badge and an indecipherable parchment, which he carried strung like a charm around his neck. His mother had gone out at his birth and he had been passed around the other girls like a chartreuse blouse, leaving him with too much knowledge of humanoid nature and no real attachments. So in this city Rontae grew, surefooted in its slums, its back alleys, and its meeting spots where men and women go to be unseen by others.

RP Sample: Rontae sat, in defiance of municipal orders, on the great war catapult Grond on her platform of mounded earth; one of the two great engines which overlook the sloping plains that lead to the West Gate from which attacks on the city always came. Who hold Grond and her sister Guri, the "Bringers of Death," hold Schlamm Herzogtum for they are always the first line of defense against any attackers.

There was some cosmic reason in this for it was the Wache that held the city for the Duke and Rontae, though unknown and unacknowledged, was a son of a Wacheman. He had pushed off Faziros Velthos, the dragonborn son of the powerful sorcerer, Farmasch. The Empire of the Dragon had been a time of great power and wealth, but it had fallen from power long ago. "Let me up," cried Lorben Halfelven, whose family controlled the trade in healing herbs from the Schlammfurcht that surrounded the city, but Rontae would not let him climb the lever arm. Instead he hopped up and down in triumph, hooting a rude remark at the Wachemen posted at the gate, but they just smiled. All the men of the Wache knew Rontae of old, he was practically a watchman himself, though not paid or on the rolls, and often invited himself along in an unofficial capacity when things looked interesting. All the herbalists, the sweetmeat sellers, and the ladies of negotiable virtue knew Rontae too, for this was Schlammbecken, slumming in majesty amid the decaying woods and mire.

Last edited by penbeast0; 01-27-2020 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:04 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
UncleDobbin UncleDobbin
Name:Hatch
Race:Tortle
Class: Barbarian
Background: Outlander
Trait: I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home, yet
I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
Bond: It is each person’s responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole tribe.
Ideal: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
Flaw: I see violence as the solution to most any problem.
Appearance: Hatch is a muscular green Tortle. His skin and shell are green to blend in with the algae in his home swamp. He has bright yellow eyes and is about average size for a Tortle his age (5'10" weighing 425 lbs.).
Personality: Like all Tortli Hatch is naturally curious and gregarious. He has seen many fascinating things on his journey to Schlamm, but he knows this is where he is supposed to be. He hopes the residents of this town will not find him too off-putting and that he can find a way to help them so that they accept him as a member of their community.
Backstory: Hatch has spent the better part of a year making his way from his home in the far away swamp of his birth. He has come to terms with what Nanna told him on the day he left home and has accepted it as nearly a sacred mission that he is to become a member of this community and impress upon them what a useful citizen a Tortle can be.

He just arrived in town after taking some time to investigate the marshlands outside of town, which were wonderful. He is wracking his brain to figure out how he can demonstrate his worth to these people he does not yet understand. Then he sees the sign seeking members of the Wachte. Guarding he can do, it is what he did nearly every day in the five years before he left home. Things are definitely looking up.

RP Sample: Hatch got his name because he used to spend his time hanging around the hatchery compound in his village, waiting for the full moon and helping to welcome the new hatchlings into the world. Since he was 10, he took his turn guarding the perimeter of the compound like he heard his mother had when she was alive.

When he was 15, he showed up the on the eve of the hatching, feeling his usual excitement at the prospect of the hatchlings, yet feeling the routine begin to gnaw at the back of his mind. When he arrived, he found priestess Nanna waiting for him. "Hatch," she said, "the time has come for you to leave us." This confused Hatch. "I thought I could stay and help raise the little ones," Hatch replied. Nanna looked at him with compassion and explained, "You have become strong, but that strength is not in the areas needed to care for the young. Besides, what can you teach them if you have seen nothing of the world? It is through our collective experiences that we get stronger as a people. We need you to go to a place called Schlamm, far to the North of here. We have heard that they have swampy areas that someday could provide habitat for our people. However, they know nothing of us and would likely view us as invaders. You, Hatch, will be our first ambassador. I need you to go and be of service to these people and watch over the swamps in that area. When you are ready, you will return here and have your own children and tell them of your adventures and our new friends in Schlamm." Knowing there was no arguing, at least not effectively, with Nanna and giving in to the wanderlust that had been, truth be told, nagging at him for months, Hatch left right then and began his long journey North.