RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 09:42 AM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14023
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
I'm willing to give OP the benefit of the doubt for a little bit yet, but if they don't return I'm down for the changing of the guard, and my application is still in the pool.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:05 PM
You wouldn't.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8278
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
I won't be asking for any character revisions or the like; the specs in the opening post are already what I'm after. Level six, spheres-centric, background skill and feat tax rules, that sort of thing. Like I said, SharkBait beat me to posting my own version of this advert.

I'll spend some time setting up the game, and then we'll get started. Consider this another week of applications. If SharkBait does return, then nothing lost, right?
Old 01-09-2020, 01:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2811
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
I am ready to go with another gm and setting if some one else is ready to run it.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:57 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 615
AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ
I'll be tossing in my hat here too. Best of luck to everyone!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Old 01-10-2020, 07:10 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4447
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Muggins, I just realised my character uses third party content (namely the reaper class) and I wanted to ask if third party spheres content is still cool.
If not, no problem, since I've read about spheres I've been bombarding myself with character concepts so making a new application I'm at least equally hyped for is a simple matter of writing it down.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:38 AM
You wouldn't.

Tools
User Statistics
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
The Reaper class is totally fine. To my knowledge, it's balanced against the core classes and doesn't do anything wonky. If you find something questionable, just ask me or let me know.

And if you do want to try something else, you can always do that instead.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 122
Ermine Ermine
I'm still willing to play this one, if just to get to know Spheres better for the games I'm running. I'd make a new character, though; I've discovered the awesomeness that is the Martial Hedgewitch.

Although I could stay with the same character, too, just to not cross over as much with another one I have. Or I could make one to fit a niche, like healing.

Last edited by Ermine; 01-10-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:10 AM
...go on.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante
I'd still like to be considered for play, Muggins.

It's not in the table yet, but Jegan's primary spheres are Dark and Warp.

I also haven't made his sheet here on RPGX so far. I have built this character before under different build rules over on Myth Weavers (for a game that didn't get far), so it won't take me long to re-create the sheet here if I'm selected.

Last edited by Keante; 01-10-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:47 AM
You wouldn't.

Tools
User Statistics
The confirmations that you're all still around are very helpful! I'll be making selections both from the previously submitted apps and from any that pop up in the following week, so don't worry about being left out. Feel free to use the time to revise or replace your characters as you see fit.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:11 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keante View Post
It's not in the table yet, but Jegan's primary spheres are Dark and Warp.
Woopsie Jegan was in the table, totally, third from below.

Application table
User Character Race Class Spheres Complete Still hyped?
Vaerdis Lilith Dhampir Dead by defaultWraith (Moroi path) Blood, Destruction Yes Yes New character
Ermine Miira Human Be ALL the wizards!Incanter (Cleric styled) Alteration, Mind, Protection, Time, Warp Yes Yes New character
Season's end WIP WIP Slave to the sequenceProdigy Lancer, Shield, Guardian, Life, Light No 
Cristal08Darkmoon Mielas Elf Knows stuff about fighting?Scholar Scout, Alchemy Yes 
ImperialProphet Sufrnaut Hobgoblin Has swords, but then is swords!Armorist (Spirit blade) Divination, Guardian, Berserker No 
Runetide Tsieng Gnoll Ties snakes to their hands for +1d3 poison damageBrawler (Snakebite striker) Vanilla flavour is best flavour! Yes 
DAquilina Bloodclaw Gnoll Bloodclaw SMASH!Striker Brute Will get boxing, open hand & Guardian* Yes Yes
Sirviantis Vrirvi Tiefling Dragonslayer, also E D G EReaper (Wyrm) 3PP If you don't allow it I'll probably go Conscript* Dual wielding, Nature, Duelist (possibly blood later on)* Yes Yes
Keante Jegan Fetchling Picture fairytale village, but add E D G EFey Adept (Skulk) Dark, Warp Yes 
Frederik Hoi Gnoll What's not to understand about "Gish, Gish Stab". It's a spellsword, not a fighterjet!Sphere Magus/Prodigy Athletics, Brute, Life, Destruction Yes Yes
Ruhkiam Akrelm Human Me pa was a monsterSorcerer Darkness, Destruction Yes 
AllyDJ No Yes

Last edited by Sirviantis; 01-11-2020 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 122
Ermine Ermine
I think I may just make a few changes to Miira. Like changing her to a martial hedgewitch. I'll edit the original character post to be more final than it is now.

Edit: Done~

Last edited by Ermine; 01-11-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2701
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
I have a question, for the class Armorist they get an ability called 'Bound equipment' which is equipment they summon as normal but if i am reading it correctly it only disappears after they let go of it?

Old 01-11-2020, 12:46 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
@Rylus: Seems like it to me. I don't see that as unlikely or overpowered tbh, at the end of the day it's just a weapon, can't have those running out of duration now can we?

@Ermine: I'll edit the table whenever I get out my laptop.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 01-11-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:09 PM
You wouldn't.

Tools
User Statistics
Rylus, by my reading Bound Equipment still has a duration of 1 minute per caster level (as per Summoned Equipment), but since it doesn't cost a spell point to summon it's effectively permanent. To make something of a GM ruling: I don't see a good reason why it shouldn't just last forever, until you dismiss or lose it.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2701
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
May as well get the bones up while i can

Name: Agir Gravegard

Race: Dwarf

Class: Essence smithBlacksmith 3/BonewrightArmorist 3

Spheres: Enhancment, Death, Warp

Physical Description:

Personality/Quirks/Likes/Fears:

Background: Make it fun. Your character isn't level one, so you should have some experience under your belt. Try to include where you came from, why you are at the coffee shop, what drives you, and where you see your character going in the future.

Last edited by Rylus; 01-11-2020 at 01:33 PM.