twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 354
Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall
I'm thinking perhaps a Warlock for my class choice, perhaps a changeling. I have some plans in mind, I'm just wondering if the Warlock thing would fit in this campaign. If not, that's fine, I can change it.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:17 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12673
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
I'm curious but still thinking up a character concept. I've been toying with the idea of a simple villager who realized that her life was going to be dull and boring, and grew up reading a couple of books about fantastic adventures. So, she went out to intentionally become a "dashing hero" without really having an idea as to what that actually meant (in reality). Her time actually confronting danger has made her cautious, even as she speaks boldly. IDK... I'm still working on it.

Factions will be helpful. What does the world have in the way of underground organizations, schools (in addition to the military training academy thing in Wyndham), or major guilds?

Is sea travel very dangerous or just an everyday kind of thing?

Would you entertain custom backgrounds?

Last edited by girlplay; 12-04-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:16 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 511
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
As far as underground organizations, Orison tries to keep tabs on all other relevant population centers. Shadow elves are thought to be working for them by most people. The Yuanti try to infiltrate governments. At large the world is fairly empty, so large scale subterfuge is still rare. Charenal had a thriving criminal scene, but the last whole city died. Ascension still has a lot of crime, and a relatively militarized police force.

There are schools for wizards dotting Orison, but Meir is home to a well respected school for wizards too. Really, Orison has the best general education system followed by the dwarves of Sudpek.

Sea travel is very common, but still mildly dangerous. The mariner dwarves of Wylie, make a good living minimizing the dangers.

A good guild to know is the Kobold's Entertainers Guild, KEG, runs Crckto, a tropical vacation spot, inns, and they're highly skilled and famous bards.

Centaurs run the Wayside Guild, a trader's guild that enforces trade rules.

I need to see the background.

Last edited by Nikolas; 12-04-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
I just got the Ravnica book, and immediately wanted to play one of these guys. I'm open to having come through a portal, or being native to this world. Just let me know.

Name: Healer Throom
Race(subrace too): loxodon
Class(intended subclass included): life domain cleric
Background: Throom was a wandering cleric, using his healing skill as an in for some casual evangelism, until he fell in with your party.
Homecontinent and region you come from mostly): Zelestin
Interest in the Lighthouse: Our Eldest Grandmother had a dream about a world omen, and all wandering loxodons are supposed to be keeping an eye out for it. Throom thinks this party is likely to find out a good deal.
Small section of writing examples: His arms were full, so Throom opened the door with his trunk, snorting afterwards to rid himself of the stench of hands covered in sweat, grime and worse that had clung to the knob. The party whirled--one of the things Throom loved about this group was their defensive reflexes--but then they stood open-mouthed, gaping at him.

"I found the child," Throom said. He laid the bundle gently on the table, and lifted the veil away from the little girl's fragile, unconcious face.

"I will need clean water," he said, "and the chest of herbs from under my bed. If we hurry, I think she will be able to speak to us within the hour. After that, she will need soft food, and rest."

In the back of his mind, Throom registered the sound of his companions hurrying to fetch the things he had requested, but his attention was on his patient as he gently probed for further injuries.

Post rate: Daily, usualy early morning here in UTC-6 (US Central).
Old 12-05-2019, 10:09 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I like the apps so far, I'm thinking we'll wrap up the application process just after Christmas.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Juvenile Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
Crucius Crucius Crucius
Player Application
Name: Melquiades Macondo
Race: Tortle
Class: Wizard (school of divination)
Background:

Homecontinent and Region: The south foot of the mountains at Cabrania in Scalia where I have lived in exile for many years.
Interest in the Lighthouse: I have received a vision in my time apart alerting me that I was to be of some influence or importance to the events that will take place at the lighthouse. I must fulfill my destiny.
Small section of writing examples:

Post rate: Daily except Sunday

Last edited by Crucius; 12-05-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 354
Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall
Wren
right-aligned image

Name: Wren Tasselwood
Race: Changeling
Class: Fiend Warlock

Background: Criminal (Spy)

Home Continent: Orison
Interest in the Lighthouse: Wren views this as a chance to petition the gods to free him from his debt from his Patron, and if that isn't possible, then to hopefully find a way that he can make that happen.

Small section of writing examples:

Post rate: Daily or pretty darn near, especially during the week days.

Last edited by Knightfall; 12-05-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Juvenile Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
Crucius Crucius Crucius
This definitely looks to be an exciting game that I would love to be a part. As Iím applying with a Tortle, I wanted to know what god(s) if any, the Tortles of Scalia generally pay homage to.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucius View Post
This definitely looks to be an exciting game that I would love to be a part. As Iím applying with a Tortle, I wanted to know what god(s) if any, the Tortles of Scalia generally pay homage to.
The tortles don't really have gods. Their spiritualism usually takes the form of druidism, but they might adopt someone else's deities.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:46 AM
Juvenile Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
Crucius Crucius Crucius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
The tortles don't really have gods. Their spiritualism usually takes the form of druidism, but they might adopt someone else's deities.
Got it, thanks. That actually works really well for my character concept 😁
Old 12-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12673
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Application for Adventure!
right-aligned image
Name: Danielle

Race (subrace too): Human (original, not variant)
Class (intended subclass included): multi-class - Rogue 1, Ranger 4 (Hunter)
Background: Rancher (custom background)
Alignment: chaotic good

Personality:
  • Trait 1: I'm sassy, fun, energetic, and bold with a desire to live life to the fullest and never be bored.
  • Trait 2: I feel bad for people who live simple lives of boredom and drudgery. Everyone deserves some joy.
  • Ideal: I going to live a life worth remembering full of adventure and experiences.)
  • Bond: I cannot go back to my former life; moving forward is the only way. I owe that to myself.
  • Flaw: I'm not nearly as brave as I try to seem. I'm a fake and afraid that the truth of my past will come out.

Home continent (and region you come from mostly): Skittervane (Abrecht)
Interest in the Lighthouse: This is bound to the the most grand adventure every that will to told in stories and song for centuries to come. I have to be a part of it!

Post rate: I'm on the site pretty much every day except Friday. That's Try-to-Have-a-Social-Life day. I can commit to posting every other day.

Last edited by girlplay; 12-08-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1485
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
I am super interested in this game but I've got a question before I write up an app. Can I play as a Drow?

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 12-10-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:18 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfTheHeart View Post
I am super interested in this game but I've got a question before I write up an app. Can I play as a Drow?
Drow are an option. They're called Dark Elves more than anything else, high elves called them Earth Elves, and dwarves sometimes call them Forge Elves.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1485
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Application Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Dinaufein Baenar

Goes By: Din

Race: Dark Elf

Class: Monk (Way of Four Elements)

Background: Gladiator

Home Continent: Skittervane

Interest in the Lighthouse: Din's best friend is a Half-Elven, clerical woman named Lianna. A worshipper of Termin who introduced Din to worship of the god, something he's never looked back on. It's been hard to see her powers wane and her connection with Termin waver, while his own elemental abilities stay strong. He is determined to do something to help her and all others like her, and that means going to the lighthouse to see what's going on.

Post rate: Every other day to daily as needed. Will inform the DM of any circumstances that would prevent me from posting for any length of time.

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 12-15-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:22 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I promise I'm here! I haven't abandoned the game! Keep the apps coming!