twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 09:48 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 511
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
I updated a few of the tows in Abis. I'm working on this now.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:51 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1360
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Franz BrownpipeName: Davin Brownpipe
Race(subrace too): Rock Gnome
Class (intended subclass included): Barbarian (Path of the Storm Herald, Sea)
Background: Sailor (Pirate Hunter)

Homecontinent and region you come from: Born, raised and trained in

Interest in the tower: When word reached Davin about the Lighthouse he immediately felt that he had to go there, such evil beings as the pirates that raid the islands, including his home would be going there for it's power. As well as those that are far more evil than they are. He fears that if one were to learn to harness it's power or awaken a god of evil, it could mean the end of the world as they know it. He cannot allow that to happen.

Small section of writing examples:

Post rate: Daily (weekends may be slower but will still try to post)

Appearance: Davin is 4' tall, built like a tank, he has long black hair wrapped in a tight braid that goes down passed his lower back. He has a sharp chin and a round nose, he has a long black beard and thick sharp, long eyebrows, his ears pointed and piercing ocean blue eyes. He has tattoos covering both his arms and some along his body, they are arcane markings of the lords of the storm, along with nautical tattoos of his adventures. The more he does, the more tattoos he gets, his ears are pierced with golden hoops.

He wears an open common shirt, travelling pants and boots. His wrists are wrapped in banding and he sometimes wears a bandana wrapped over the top of his head.

Last edited by The Dark Star; 12-20-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1248
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite

Application
Name: Lumin
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Background: Urchin
Trait:
-Lives with a chip his shoulder
-Eager to punish injustice and evil
Bond:
-I was sent to this world to fulfill a special destiny
Ideal:
-Change: The low shall be lifted up, and the mighty shall fall.
Flaw:
-I can never trust anyone other than myself
Appearance:
Lumin is a very young looking man. His appearance is almost child-like. He is frail and thin. But his features are perfect. He has the face of an angel. Perfect, except for a pronounced scar that marks the right side of his face.

Personality:
Lumin is bright and charismatic. He is eager to befriend those who are open to him. He is well liked in the circles that he frequents. But he is often misunderstood by strangers. He distrusts power and authority. He is resentful of privileged people. And when someone has made him an enemy, he can be ruthless.

Backstory:

Lumin is from Skittervane originally. He later emigrated to Orison in search of answers about his mother.

Lumin knows very little about his parents. His whole life he has bounced from orphanages to street people to traveling caravans and back again. Once, there was a seer among the travelers he was with. This old woman claimed to divine a tale about Lumin's mother. She told many people about it, and it was spoken of like some sort of a legend. The seer seemed sort of crazy and often her visions were wrong. He has never known if he can believe the story or not. But it is all he has.

According to the legend, Lumin's mother was a peasant girl who stumbled upon a fey princess chained to a tree in the forest. She freed the princess. Her reward for this feat was to be granted three wishes. She wished to be beautiful. She wished to be as rich as the richest merchant in her town. Then feeling guilty about her vanity and greed, she wished for a child that would bring light into this dark world. In several months, she indeed bore a beautiful child. But the boy possessed powerful and uncontrolled magic. The young woman came to believe that the fey princess had tricked her, and that the child was some sort of curse. So she abandoned the boy to an orphanage, and took her wealth across the sea to Orison.

Lumin possesses inherent magical abilities, and he has learned to use these abilities to protect his neighbors. He has a deep need to fight injustice and evil.

At times, Lumin's magic goes out of control. He bares a permanent scar on his face as a result of one accident.

Roleplay Sample:

Lumin had made up his mind to go to Orison to see if he could prove the seer's tale to be true. He waited in town until a band of travelers came through that were headed to a port city, where he might find passage. After some time, he found such a group, and he asked them if he could join. He promised he could pull his own weight on this journey. The caravan captain reluctantly agreed.

One night he was awakened by a sound. He peered out of his tent to see the night guard slumped over the camp fire outside, with an arrow in his back.

Bandits! he thought. He clenched his fists and Cast Mage Armorsummoned protection for his body against weapons. Then he darted outside and looked for the source of the attack.

He spotted a man hiding behind a tree. These bandits were humans, not goblins or orcs.

He ran toward the tree and shouted. "To arms! To arms! Bandit Raid! Bandits!"
He extended his arms and called forth another spell. His intent was to call forth a Cast Ray of Sicknessgreen streak of magic that might poison the attacker.

Lumin could see in the campfire light that the spell had made some change to his skin. But he had no time to worry about it now. Until the others could get to their weapons, he was the only defense against the bandit attack....

I pictured this character as first level, and I didn't notice your post that said we are starting at 5th. If selected, I will generate a character sheet and update him to 5th level. I am thinking I will be straight sorcerer, with no multi-class.

Last edited by Stadiumite; 12-18-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:49 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 371
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
I'm gonna put a placeholder here, if you don't mind.
Dawn Psion
right-aligned image

Name: Dawn Psion
Race: Human (Variant
Class: Fighter (Eldritch Knight)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Sage
Traits: Iím used to helping out those who arenít as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others.
Iím willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.
Ideals: Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. (Neutral)
Bonds: My lifeís work is a series of tomes related to a specific field of lore.
Flaws: I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones.
Personality:
An adventurer by nature, and a genius by tradition, Dawn has seen truly that this world has secrets meant to be discovered. Only through knowledge, as a Sage and a Person, can they find power and self-improvement. For Dawn this means overcoming her struggles through the mind. Her parents shunned her for the path she took as an adventurer, only her cousin from Skittersvane accepted her at her time of need. It is thanks to her cousin's teachings that she was able to be guided and survive the world around her.

Dawn likes to learn and enjoys a challenge. She prefers the company of others rather then herself. When she's doing bounty work she has a "job's a job and you need work to earn gold" type of motto. She respects a strong opponent and an intellectual rival and will honor their wishes with the respect they deserve. She has no interest in politics or the wars that go around the world, as long as it doesn't interfere with her quest. She likes the gnomish tech made by the Burrowers and want to one day have a chat with these gnomish inventors.
Appearance:
Stand just under 5ft tall, Dawn is about average then any other girl in Orison, if not taller. But for her size, she is staggerringly built with fast reflexes that provide her with explosive power and quick reaction time. Her heavy armor is a slick mix of mostly black and white accents.
She keeps her hair tied and swept back out her sight, but allows it to grow out. Her bewitching, green eyes gleam out from under a brow and her face is wide but short.

She also wears a small worn-out, blueish cape that has seen better days. A long, slender sword with a blackened hilt is secured to her belt at the waist and a dark-brown pack ,a book peeking out of it, hangs from her shoulders. A light crossbow hangs suspended by a sling in front of her chest, ready to be deployed as needed.
Backstory:
Dawn's early life was centered on Orison with the occasional trips to The Tower School, a school for wizards. The Psion family are a long line of mages, and has for years either been an advisor for the council or a wise teacher for the school. They were payed with fortune and praised, some even went on a journey and found serenity. The Psions have been funding The Tower School and send a few artifacts to the school to fuel the young gifted minds. Dawn studied in this school as a young prodigy but as she trained, her mind also wandered off to the outside world. Ever since she was little, she wanted to go outside and see the world but her parents always disapprove of this behaviour. She didn't want to disappoint them so she did her all and even manage to make a name for herself at the school for writing a well written research paper.

That's when she met her long lost relatives, who spend most of their lives at Skittersvane using their magic as a form of fighting style, and was impressed of her cousin, Luna, and her various adventures and battles. Dawn's parents didn't approved of them and kick them out of the house. However, this encounter inspired Dawn to pick a different path in life, to quit school and pick the adventuring path. When she told this decision her mother was flabbergasted and her father was furious, he kicked her out of the house along with her stuff and told her "Come back when your not daydreaming!!" those were the last words from her parents when she left Orison. For a few months, she been training and hanging out with Luna and her family. It was a tough few months, but Dawn was glad to experience it and has always had a love for a good challenge. From time to time she started feeling homesick and feeling a bit regretful for leaving and abandoning her academics and during a train session she managed to found her research paper she did a few years ago. It was about the intricacies of magic and how it functions, this brought back memories and made her think about her decision.

For a while, she didn't know what to do and thought long and hard about this, then she decided then on to keep adventuring but also devoted herself to studying the magic around the world to make her parents proud. She said her goodbye's to her relatives and Luna and went off on her own adventures, it was a hard time for her. For the first time she could remember, she was alone in a way she'd never felt before. This feeling was like the time she left her homeland, but that was temporary, this was going to be just her against the world. And it's scary, but it's also her decision. So she went off onwards to her quest, off to adventure.
Home Continent: Orison
Interest in the Lighthouse: Dawn's interest in the Lighthouse is purely out of research. She is interested if this will be a new unearthed discovery that will revolutionize mankind. Though with the amount of wizards and magic researchers studying the lighthouse, it might prove difficult. But Dawn hopes that by studying it herself, it might further achieve her goals in finding the secrets of the Weave. Thereby adding a new chapter on her life's work of tomes and one step to ending her quest.
Writing Example:
Another night on the tavern, and another empty lead. Soon, it'd be her gold coins though would be empty as well, if she couldn't find a new discovery by Winter's Eve . It had been almost 3 years since Dawn had left Orison for her quest in researching magic. Dawn had spent her days looking for that one groundbreaking discovery, and the nights at a local tavern just to find a lead and a good place to drink. So far, all she'd found was a lighter pouch and a bad mood. Soon, she'd have to take a job and earn some more gold, and at that point she might have to write her research notes off as a diary.

The girl in her 20's almost stomped her way into the bar, barely squeezing through the patrons, she pushed her way past the usuals, her mood worsening at realizing she was being hit on by a few drunks. She gave them a few well deserved hits to the head, and made a short wave to a human bartender as she takes a seat on a stool in the middle of the bar, grumbling out "Can I get your cheapest ale, I really need it for the day I'm having.". She could see the bartender just behind the bar, taking orders left and right and then slides a drink towards Dawn. Dawn just slumps, hunched over the table and her arms resting there, brooding while she takes a sip at her ale she'd ordered. Brooding she might be, but that doesn't stop her eyes from watching who comes and goes, or passes her table. Nor does it stop her from writing and reviewing her notes just in case she misspelled soomething and pass the time.

The bartender approaches Dawn and said "Bad day, miss?" Dawn just nods negatively. Curious, he asks "You know theirs a festival and it is a rousing time to be jolly this time of year, miss. Everyone is joining in on the festivities, you should join too instead of moping around." Dawn contemplates on his offer for a bit and pays the ale she bought, adding a bit extra to the tip since he'd attempt to cheer her up. She just shakes her head no at the offer, "I'd rather do my job, but thanks anyway." and she leaves. This time of the year was one of festivities and joy but Dawn had her own agenda and a need to earn some more gold, though. That might mean finding a bounty, maybe at the Meadow. Then something fortunate happened, a rumor started spreading that The First Lighthouse lit up. This meant everything to Dawn, something like this could mean a significant change to the world. Something like this needs to be studied thoroughly and written down by a true researcher. For the here and now though, she had to find a way to head to her hometown with all the gold she got, back to Orison.

Post Rate: Daily

Last edited by GoombaJosh; 12-19-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:05 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoombaJosh View Post
I'm gonna put a placeholder here, if you don't mind.
You'll do no such thing! Lol
Old 12-18-2019, 08:15 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Should I add a personality, appearance and backstory.

If not then I guess I'm done.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
You can.

It's odd to me to have two applications from Orison. Nobody ever applies from Orison. Lol
Old 12-18-2019, 10:28 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I've added since faction information. Still working on cities, ask if you need something specific faster please.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kay I'll be adding one in a few hours 😁
Old 12-19-2019, 01:29 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
And done, feedback is much appreciated. Apologize in advance for my writing. ;p
Old 12-19-2019, 06:44 AM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 433
Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall
Well, mine was a Changeling and that was where they were mostly from. I wonder why more people don't apply from Orison? Do you get a large array of races and therefore locations Perhaps?

Edit: I'll look over the new info and see if any applies to my app. I'll let you know if I add anything.

Last edited by Knightfall; 12-19-2019 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:01 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
A very large majority cone from Abis, and a few from Skittervane.

I'll look over and give thoughts a bit later today if you want.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:47 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 863
danab danab danab danab danab danab danab
Anything you can tell me about the genasi or half-elves? Are half-elves an option?
Old 12-19-2019, 06:37 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 882
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
If you have a chance, could look mine over for feedback as well Nikolas? I would really appreciate it.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:14 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@danab Genasi are extremely rare. They were a more common race when the gods were more active. Half elves are fine, just remember that a high elf parent is as rare.

@Crucius I will tonight.