DnD35e [Forgotten Realms] Elghinn Il'tess Wun l' Olath - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-22-2019, 05:25 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8000
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Elghinn Il'tess Wun l' Olath

Game NameElghinn Il'tess Wun l' Olath
Game SystemDnD 3.5 Forgotten Realms
ThemeUnderdark Politics High Level Campaign
FlavourDark, Backstabbing Politics, Expanding one's power, Exploring new realms
Plot SummaryHello Everyone! Sageheart Here!

About The Game's HistoryElghinn Il'tess Wun l' Olath(Death Awaits In the Dark) has been a large Underdark game started by Securis in 2008. Securis created something truly amazing, somehow expanding to have nearly twenty players all with solo threads, dreams, and aspirations. Sometime in... Oh I forget, 2014 I believe, I was taken on as a CO-DM with my own small group of players. Since then the game has gone through various changes, with Securis and myself having momentary leaves of absences due to life. But the game has continued forward in some fashion throughout the years.

About 6 months ago I came back to this game with two of my previous players. Uncertain if we would be able to delve back into it fully, we started small, and since then we have gotten into a really good game flow. In fact in some ways it is better than years before. But the game was built with many more players in mind, and just the four of us are not going to do. So I am looking for a few new players to add into the mix!

The original game app was one of my first ones. I should rephrase that. The Original game app was my FIRST game app on this site, and now that I think about it may have been my only one. It is rough, ugly, and not nearly as prestigious as my memory reminds me. I am lucky I gained so many great players from it.

The characters have gone far from their beginning stages, even if some of them don't think they have. I am at a stage where I am able to add two players into the mix. The game weaves naturally between Solo and group play, and every character should be wary of their comrades. PvP has always been allowed in this game, though I have not witnessed it in my threads. The game is meant to be difficult, though I find combat stalls PbP often, so I tend to focus more on the political aspect of things with difficult encounters tied in.

Mechanics!On Posting count. Currently I am between jobs so around a lot. Once I am back to working full time again I have no idea what my schedule will be. I will say this, We have been good about 1-2 posts a week, and I can guarantee that. Otherwise it ranges, one of my players and I were getting 1-2 posts a day last week. I doubt that will last. What I can say is that I do not plan on dropping this game for any reason anytime soon, and slow and steady is the motto here.

Game System is DnD 3.5 all Books. If you do something I find too broken I will make you change it. I haven't had to do that yet, though my players have offered me quite some challenges.

Level is 12+1d4 starting. With Wealth by Level for PCs found in DMG.

Setting is Forgotten Realms, Year 1372, after the Silence of Lolth. Some Canon has been changed throughout the game, but nothing huge.

This is PvP, but all PCs are currently on the same "side" so to speak. Replacement characters will also be unless I am given a very interesting app otherwise. All PCs must be evil or willing to work/live with evil being such as drow. Only Underdark races please.

What I am Seeking
As I said before, I am seeking TWO new PCs to enter the fray. I have no real deadline set up at the moment, and must tailor these PCs into the game due to where the current players are. The PCs MUST be allied with Sshamath or Grackstugh in some way, and be willing to assist one or both of those nations with their current mission. Sshamath, a magocracy run by a council of male drow, is currently looking to expand their trade agreements and wealth in order to deal with a possible uprising of Lolth drow worshipers seeking to remove the male drow who rule Sshamath from power. Grackstugh, a powerful Duergar city-state, is attempting to assassinate Nimor, a Drow military and religious leader of the jaezred Chaulssin, a powerful organization of drow seeking to remove their race from Lolth's shackles. Strangely these two sides have united under a tentative agreement, which has a shaky foundation at best.

Of my Current PCs, I have one working for Sshamath, one for Grackstugh, and one who was on Sshamath's side, and is now leaning towards neutrality. I can expand with more information depending on the questions asked. I can only reveal so much here due to the nature of the game.

Please present me in SECRET Text the following:

Character Application
Name:
Race: Underdark Race only
Class/Desired Level Breakdown:
Faction: Grackstugh, or Sshamath, or Something else (But it better be a very interesting or unique pitch that ties into these two groups.)

Personality:
Background:

Your own experience with 3.5, PbP, and life in General:

Please ask questions! I haven't made one of these in forever, and I am surely missing something.

Last edited by sageheart; 12-22-2019 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:39 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Placeholder for Questions

Q: If I played in one of the other groups Securis was running can I reapply? If so as the same character?

A: Of course you can reapply! As the same character... well... that depends. Some of the characters in the other group are essential to the plot of this group. In particular anyone involved in the Jaezred Chaulssin. Considering where those groups were left off it may be extremely difficult or just plain jarring to bring them to a place where they can interact with the current incarnation of the game. That does not mean it is impossible. Feel free to ask me.

Q: Is Securis involved at all?

A: Securis keeps tabs on this game and we keep in touch outside of RPGX. He may guest star a few characters here and there, but at the moment I am the only current DM. Granted I am still on a plot line with many layers that was developed when we were playing together.

Last edited by sageheart; 12-22-2019 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:31 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 281
Monad Monad Monad
Intriguing. Three questions arise. Secreted just in case.

Last edited by Monad; 12-22-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2956
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Oh wow i have wanted an underdark game like this for a long time.....now to pick a concept out of the dozen or so i have.

Old 12-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Great to see some excitement!

Question brought up worth sharing with all of you. I don't have a ETA for when the application process end. I was going to base it upon how many people showed interest. But If I generate interest then lets say Jan, 7, 2020, that way people have time over the holidays. If the holidays slow people down here I may push it back a bit. If you can't tell I am being loose here. I would rather slowly bring new players in then bring them in rushed.

Old 12-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45325
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Hi sageheart, is D&D 3.5e Forgotten Realms the correct ruleset? The thread is marked 'Other' and you'll likely have better luck recruiting if it's changed to reflect that. I can do it, just want your okay. Also, if your forum was created in Other, might be worth PMing an admin (must be Admin-level, not just mod) to get that moved to the proper section.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, D&D 3.5e Forgotten Realms is the correct ruleset, thank you for altering that for me. The original game AD years ago had that marked, I am unsure why when I created this one it didn't do that. Thank you for altering that for me!

I never made the forum. It was made by Securs, nine years ago or so. I believe it is in the Hall of Fame, or a Forgotten Realms Sub thread. I am unsure why it came up as Other. I am perfectly comfortable where it is located, and it hasn't altered my ability to use the folders.

EDIT: The forum is under Tome of Legendary Deeds, which is under Dungeons and Dragon 3.5. So I am unsure why it came up as "Other" since it is in the correct forum space. Thank you Aethera.

Last edited by sageheart; 12-22-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Madripper Madripper Madripper
Showing interest!! Will see what I can put together!!
Old 12-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4098
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
Very nice! Placeholder

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 01-01-2020 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:28 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5484
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I haven't played D&D in yonks, and I don't think it makes sense to bring my old character back. Still a Drow game would draw me back in....
Or so it seemed
Old 12-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathala View Post
I haven't played D&D in yonks, and I don't think it makes sense to bring my old character back. Still a Drow game would draw me back in....
I believe your old character was meant to end up being heavily antagonistic to my party somewhere in the future. Strangely enough none of my current players are drow, though drow have been heavily featured. It was built as a drow game after all
Old 12-22-2019, 10:39 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Madripper Madripper Madripper

Last edited by Madripper; 12-23-2019 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Forgot past experience
Old 12-22-2019, 11:29 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 281
Monad Monad Monad
Old 12-22-2019, 11:46 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Cosmar Cosmar
This looks awesome! I've been starving for more 3.5 Faerun adventures, and I haven't gotten to play a drow in forever.

Last edited by Cosmar; 12-23-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:59 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Wonderful to see this level of interest!

Last edited by sageheart; 12-23-2019 at 05:07 AM.