RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-26-2019, 01:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2021
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Re: Kshnik

OK, you'll obviously take a tank or Frontline slot-- and we'll have room for at least one more Frontline fighter.

Take the skill Knowledge: Distant Realms instead of Knowledge: Planes.

The positive energy based healing ability is supernatural and would not be usable in an anti magic zone, and it would not recharge daily uses in a null magic zone.

Pick arcane or divine as a theme. This is mostly for flavor: do you pull power from a distant realm's inanimate energy field, or is the energy sourced from a Power?

The heal skill can also be used, in combination with technological healing devices if you are a Technologist. If you are interested in that flexibility to work in null and anti magic regions, that is possible but it takes some investment.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 12-27-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:40 PM
Timehopping 🌹 Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
OrianaOleander OrianaOleander OrianaOleander
Sweet, sweet Water!
"All I know about my father is that we have the same eyes... And that fact alone terrified every. single. one of them."
right-aligned image

L O R E L E i "Lore" N i G H T S H A D E
Female | Half-Orc | Sword-Binder
70 in / 177 cm | 177 lb / 80 kg

Character Feats
Azerkan Frontierwoman
Pass for Human

Racial and Bonus Traits
Darkvision
Grim Optimism
Marked by Unknown Forces
Muscle of the Society
Overlooked Mastermind
Self-Taught Scholar

Drawback
Haunted

Background:
Lorelei was born to an orc mother, and never knew her father. She learned from a very young age that she was gifted in a way the monsters surrounding her could never comprehend. Her mother was considered a pariah with her own natural gift for magic (and could have been a sorceress with more training), who gave her life to help her child escape to Azerka to start a new life. She joined the Order of Sword-Binders within MageCorp, but soon decided she was smart enough to continue learning magic on her own. Now, Lore travels the frontier alone, looking for lost or hidden arcane knowledge, maybe even a cause worth fighting for.

Personality:
Lore has an extremely fierce temper that she keeps tightly under wraps. In general, she comes across cold, keeps people at a distance, but is more than willing to work with others toward a common cause. On the rare occasion she makes a joke, it comes with deadpan delivery and catches others off-guard. Her one soft spot is children and babies; she will completely forget her hard-ass facade and begin baby talking with little ones.

Drawback:
Memories of her home-tribe have been compressed into a thin haze, but the emotional scars are eternal. Despite her intellect and focus, the raging heart of an orc is still hiding within Lorelei, tempered by her resolve.

Last edited by OrianaOleander; 12-30-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Having a secret conversation about a prospective build.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 12-27-2019 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:33 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
jr1v3
I wonder how it might work a summoner with an eilodon in an antimagic zone...

I want to play but I have no experience in pathfinder. I hope with the help of everyone, that I can make it.

I have some questios about it.

How it would work antimagic against an eilodon?

How or where this summoner could learn his profession?

Is the mage-Corps a good place for a summoner? I was thinking to him being as part of an organization that works like a agent, like a detective solving problems every where he goes with his companion aka his eilodon.

Last edited by jr1v3; 12-27-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Here is an update on the current player & character status. All tentative still as no characters are built out or accepted yet -- so I'm definitely seeking players still.

Once we have several players accepted I can ask the admins to create a game forum. (I'll join as a community supporter then, as I'll want more folders.)

PlayerCharacterRace,ClassStatus
Sirviantis none none Interested
OrianaOleander none ?, Wizard(Sword Binder) Interested
Touketsu none none Interested
Kshnik none Dwarf, fighter/brawler Interested
jr1v3 none ?, Summoner none

Also -- if you are looking for a little more background, I added another spoiler button to this thread's original post. It briefly describes the nations-- which are also mentioned in the Regional Feats spoiler button.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 12-27-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@jr1v3 --

Welcome to RPGCrossing and to Pathfinder. Don't worry about being new-- there are plenty of places on this site where you can ask questions, and helpful people. The pace of PBP is ... slow ... compared to table top so there is time to learn rules as you go. The materials are all online.

For Summoners, use the Unchained Summoner here. (Why? It is a broad consensus that the original Summoner class has an overpowered spell list and eidolons.)

My particular game universe does not have extraplanar dimensions; an Outsider is a magical being manifested from a distant source within the Sphere. The Eidolon will be under the regime of some Power -- a god who is of a corresponding alignment and general nature. Yet your power is fundamentally arcane: you draw from the energies of the nearest ley line like a wizard or sorcerer; you specialize in a particular focused subset of magic, and over time your specific investment of energy, knowledge and soul-stuff binds you and your eidolon closer together. But your relationship with the divine is distant and only by your eidolon as proxy -- as a summoner you are not close to the divine like a cleric/oracle/druid/paladin.

An antimagic field would cause an eidolon to wink out, the same as any summoned creature.

If you go with any pure spellcaster -- avoid antimagic areas!

The most straightforward place to have learned Summoner magic is at an Azerkan magic academy. The MageCorp does train Summoners, though they are a small minority of casters.

If you are interested in being an agent-- that is possible. There are a couple ways to go about that -- you could just have a relationship with superior officers, get periodic assignments, etc. while remaining very much an amateur investigator.

Or you could mix in one or more levels of the Investigator class as you level up -- and become more of a professional at digging into mysteries. Even a single level in Investigator would open up roleplaying opportunities without nerfing a Summoner much. The Sleuth archetype is Cha based and might dovetail somewhat. The Steel Hound Investigator variant might be useful in a gunslinging world.

I wouldn't stray too far from a pure summoner though, as that class is awesome by itself and doesn't need distractions.

Anyway ... just some thoughts.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jr1v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
@jr1v3 --

Welcome to RPGCrossing and to Pathfinder. Don't worry about being new-- there are plenty of places on this site where you can ask questions, and helpful people. The pace of PBP is ... slow ... compared to table top so there is time to learn rules as you go. The materials are all online.

For Summoners, use the Unchained Summoner here. (Why? It is a broad consensus that the original Summoner class has an overpowered spell list and eidolons.)

My particular game universe does not have extraplanar dimensions; an Outsider is a magical being manifested from a distant source within the Sphere. The Eidolon will be under the regime of some Power -- a god who is of a corresponding alignment and general nature. Yet your power is fundamentally arcane: you draw from the energies of the nearest ley line like a wizard or sorcerer; you specialize in a particular focused subset of magic, and over time your specific investment of energy, knowledge and soul-stuff binds you and your eidolon closer together. But your relationship with the divine is distant and only by your eidolon as proxy -- as a summoner you are not close to the divine like a cleric/oracle/druid/paladin.

An antimagic field would cause an eidolon to wink out, the same as any summoned creature.

If you go with any pure spellcaster -- avoid antimagic areas!

The most straightforward place to have learned Summoner magic is at an Azerkan magic academy. The MageCorp does train Summoners, though they are a small minority of casters.

If you are interested in being an agent-- that is possible. There are a couple ways to go about that -- you could just have a relationship with superior officers, get periodic assignments, etc. while remaining very much an amateur investigator.

Or you could mix in one or more levels of the Investigator class as you level up -- and become more of a professional at digging into mysteries. Even a single level in Investigator would open up roleplaying opportunities without nerfing a Summoner much. The Sleuth archetype is Cha based and might dovetail somewhat. The Steel Hound Investigator variant might be useful in a gunslinging world.

I wouldn't stray too far from a pure summoner though, as that class is awesome by itself and doesn't need distractions.

Anyway ... just some thoughts.
You really read my mind, I was thinking exactly about being a amateur investigator with deep bond with some superiors that sometimes makes my character get unwanted periodic assigments (this could be one of this) to solve, because he likes to solves the cases that nobody wants for two reason, the sake of his pride as a Magecorp's summoner (he is underestimated a lot as a Magecorp's summoner by his peers of the Azekan magic academy) and because most of the cases he found innocent people desperated need for help.

You suggestions looks interesting but right now I will stay as a pure summoner. I have a another doubts about the summoner so I will shot it to you, so bear with me a little.

Here are the questions

1. I guess I get a subdomain type, right?
2. How it work the 2 claws attack of an eidolon? it says the damage is 1d4+str but that mean I have to do two attacks separated or one and do 2d4+strx2?
3. It can get the form I desire? Like a humanoid wolfgirl, more like a girl with tail, wolf ears, with claw hand and fur in her hand and forehands, foot until her knees, chest and waist? (I was thinking in a agathion or kami subtype for that.)
4. Can a eilodon use armor or items? Or even clothes?
5. What kind of recomendation you can give me to use the evo point? (I was thinking maybe improving her natural armor in case she can't use humanoid armor or improve her claws damage.)
6. What kind of feat you woud reccomend for the summoner and eilodon?
And last bu the most important

Can you give feedback about the background of a summoner of the magecorp should know and a llittle of the story of the world he could know as a magecorp member?

P.D. can i go wild about the history behind the eilodon?

Last edited by jr1v3; 12-27-2019 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I needed to add some extra question
Old 12-27-2019, 03:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3711
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Pieter
Pieter Osmaplite

sheet

Race: Dwarf Sex: Male Class: Brawler Age: 50 Height: 4'3" Weight: 178

Trait: Battlefield surgeon, Precise Treatment, Scholar of the Great Beyond
Drawback: Overprotective
Bonus (Drawback): Feat: Weapon Focus (Close Combat Group) | Trait: Defender of the Society

Last edited by Kshnik; 12-29-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I am brainstorming a Clockwork Eidolon -- variant of eidolon that is close to the Inevitable eidolon, but starts with strong defenses but a couple of disadvantages. It has a set of evolutions available to it that make it less like an animal and potentially more like a combat vehicle.

I am not suggesting that anyone take it, but posting here more for brainstorming purposes.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 12-27-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:05 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jr1v3
I think I want a spot in this game and after reading a while about the investigator sleuth, I decided to get 4 level so I can get the expanded inpiration talent and some train in diplomacy too. Besides, the weapon profeciencies along studied combat could be pretty useful.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Jr1v3 ---

Replying to the questions about the summoner + eidolon.

1. I guess I get a subdomain type, right?

I’m not sure what text you are reading. You get a subtype (not subdomain) for your eidolon. Choose a non-evil one.

See the available subtypes in eidolons unchained.

2. How it work the 2 claws attack of an eidolon? it says the damage is 1d4+str but that mean I have to do two attacks separated or one and do 2d4+strx2?

You get claws if you pick a base form with claws. (Serpentine forms don’t have them).

Each claw is a separate attack -- so 2 times at 1d4+str not combined as a single role.

3. It can get the form I desire? Like a humanoid wolfgirl, more like a girl with tail, wolf ears, with claw hand and fur in her hand and forehands, foot until her knees, chest and waist? (I was thinking in a agathion or kami subtype for that.)

Yes you could have that appearance with either of those subtypes

4. Can a eilodon use armor or items? Or even clothes?

“An eidolon cannot wear armor of any kind, as the armor interferes with the summoner’s connection to the eidolon.”

An eidolon can use any items that its body type can use.

This page has a table of what kinds of items can be used per body type:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/

If a magic item is in an eidolon’s item slot, it interferes and gets its magic cancelled if the summoner also has a magic item in that slot.

Mundane items in any slot do not cause problems.

Any item you give to the eidolon stays put here when it disappears; so it would have to re-equip special gear each time it arrives.

However, any mundane items (like clothing) that are nirmal and lack any special value it could have on its own plane to start with.

I think that it is fair to give items to an eidolon so that it keeps them and takes them to its home plane -- but:
It should be lightly encumbered (an eidolon is not a bag of holding)

It will always bring those items back, not keep a stash stored remotely.

An eidolon can also have the appearance of items that aren’t real separable items but just a part of its manifestation. Such apparent items have no effect beyond what the eidolon would generate without them-- the are just special effects or fluff to particular eidolon design..

5. What kind of recomendation you can give me to use the evo point? (I was thinking maybe improving her natural armor in case she can't use humanoid armor or improve her claws damage.)

Totally up to you. Anything blue or green on this list of 1-point evolutions is not a bad choice.
https://rpgbot.net/pathfinder/charac.../eidolons.html
(Do sanity check that the evolution is also on this list and that you meet prereqs
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/unc...lons-unchained

6. What kind of feat you woud reccomend for the summoner and eilodon?

Consider whether you’d like one of the Background Feats I posted at the beginning of the thread.

This gives solid advice on building powerful summoners:
https://rpgbot.net/pathfinder/charac.../eidolons.html

But Play-by-Post is more about roleplaying that crawling with hideous power and oozing unguessable might. IMHO -- a feat or ability that gives you a bunch of fun ways to interact with players, NPCs and the world around you can be worth more that another +1 on your attacks.

No matter how many +1s you give your PC, I as a DM can always give my monsters more +1s. But if you give your PC creativity and dynamic storytelling, additive in a way that surpasses game mechanics.

Can you give feedback about the background of a summoner of the magecorp should know and a llittle of the story of the world he could know as a magecorp member?

This last will take some time, and what I’ll post will be for the benefit of players in general not for one person.

P.D. can i go wild about the history behind the eilodon?

So, it's just a 1HD eidolon …. So be creative, inventive, etc. but stay level appropriate.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kshnik --

The two traits types (non magic/combat) means I get a third bonus trait?

Yes, that's also non magic/combat.

Taking a Drawback means a bonus trait and feat?

Yes. And since you already qualified for one bonus trait (above) your 4th could be combat/magic, i.e. unconstrained.

Hmm ... reading this the heal combo sure seems broken to me. http://taking10.blogspot.com/2019/06...-skill-in.html

I would say that, just as we treat x2 + x2 as x3, we should treat these separate things as additive and not multiplicative.

So-- do your signature skill daily heals for each person *once* per person per day as in the original rules as written, then when you apply the healing magics (magical) intervention it is a separate supernatural ability that the signature skill does not boost. In other words it is as if we are talking about two entirely different "treat critical wounds" actions that have the same name but are not actually the same action.

For the feat tax -- what is your question?

Anticipating it: you only get the extra feats if you *buy* the original underlying feat. Getting them temporarily through any means (i.e. brawler class) does not count.

A lot of the games on this site appear to use an even more generous (OP-ed?) version of the feat tax fix than I am suggesting. If it turns out to generate an OP character who dominates the game and drowns out the other players with sheer crushing competence, then I'd like to be able to someday suspend further use of that discount if it proves that I've goofed. Thoughts?
Old 12-27-2019, 08:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
jr1v3 -

Fair warning: I can't invest time coaching you on building a character if you flip flop on basic decisions like what class a bunch. :-)
Old 12-27-2019, 11:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jr1v3
Quote:
jr1v3 -

Fair warning: I can't invest time coaching you on building a character if you flip flop on basic decisions like what class a bunch. :-)
Thanks for the coaching, I found way to get sense motive and diplomacy as class skill thanks to some traits so I think I wiill go pure summoner.

I will began to build my character right now, do you need the sheet along with the aplication or can I do it after?

As human I get ywo feat, right?
Old 12-27-2019, 11:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jr1v3
Quote:
A lot of the games on this site appear to use an even more generous (OP-ed?) version of the feat tax fix than I am suggesting. If it turns out to generate an OP character who dominates the game and drowns out the other players with sheer crushing competence, then I'd like to be able to someday suspend further use of that discount if it proves that I've goofed. Thoughts?
Soinds fair to me, I preffer to have a balanced game where anyone could play than a game where only one plays.