Notices

Old 12-29-2019, 04:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 400
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Secret reply to Cristal08Darkmoon

Last edited by CatCanCook; 12-29-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Oriana --

For what its' worth, Sword Binders are often trained and originate in the same city as Summoners. (Not all the time, just sometimes.)

So if you want to share some common background with Jr1V3's character, the two of you may work that out. Or ... you can have a totally unrelated background. Up to you both.

If you are interested in collaborating in that direction, see the spoiler I posted in my reply above to Jr1V3.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Here is the current status:

PlayerCharacterRace,ClassStatus
Sirviantis none none Interested
OrianaOleander Lorelei "Lore" Nightshade ?, Wizard(Sword Binder) Getting close to having a character
Touketsu none none Interested
Kshnik Pieter Osmaplite Dwarf, fighter/brawler Accepted
jr1v3 none Human, summoner Getting close to having a character.
Cristal08Darkmoon Feraruillas Elf,Druid Interested
Sarsprilla none none Interested

The Sphere is vast, and the peoples within it are beyond all numbering. But the same cannot be said of PCs.

As we start to close in on finishing an initial party build out -- you all are free to build and propose what characters you like (subject to the Original Post, which I am standing firm on.) But -- the wind upon the frontier sage is softly whispering, whispering, whispering, and what does the wind say?

The wind says:
- Gunslinger
- Clocksmith wizard archetype
- Chaplain (Pure Steam class)
- Gearhead (Pure Steam class )
- or a Pure Steam archetype
- Consensus aligned Monk who uses Ki and will over time forswear magic to use higher technology.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 12-29-2019 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Fix typos.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Name: Fera to her family & friendsFeraruillas
Race: WoodcraftElf
Class: RestorerDruid
Traits: Warrior of Old, Ancestral Weapon, Rich Parents
Drawback: Pride
Appearance: Standing a bit short of six-feet, Fera's build is more wiry than willowy. Her skin is tanned from long hours and days in the sun. It, and her thick, dark chocolate colored hair, compliment her incredibly dark forest green eyes beautifully. She has a narrow, button nose and a full mouth that has rarely smiled in the last few weeks. Fera likes clothing that is comfortable, durable and whose coloration is inspired by those found in nature. She rarely goes anywhere without her bow, sword or a few, preferred, herbal drafts.
Personality:

Background:

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; 12-30-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cristal --

Consider whether another Drawback other than Pride might fit. One other character has chosen that, and I'd like to encourage diversity in drawbacks (and classes, rare feats, rare traits, etc.). If your character design would work well with if a different one, please switch. Otherwise, if you are convinced that Pride truly is the one that fits better than any other then I won't force the issue. (It obvious fits some other elements in the character design.)
Old 12-29-2019, 01:32 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
jr1v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Hey Oriana --

For what its' worth, Sword Binders are often trained and originate in the same city as Summoners. (Not all the time, just sometimes.)

So if you want to share some common background with Jr1V3's character, the two of you may work that out. Or ... you can have a totally unrelated background. Up to you both.

If you are interested in collaborating in that direction, see the spoiler I posted in my reply above to Jr1V3.
I really love the Idea and right now, I'm making my background, personality and description. If Oriana wants, I will be glad to be with her in that adventure!
Old 12-29-2019, 03:08 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jr1v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Cristal --

Consider whether another Drawback other than Pride might fit. One other character has chosen that, and I'd like to encourage diversity in drawbacks (and classes, rare feats, rare traits, etc.). If your character design would work well with if a different one, please switch. Otherwise, if you are convinced that Pride truly is the one that fits better than any other then I won't force the issue. (It obvious fits some other elements in the character design.)
Don't worry, let her have it. I choose helpless instead. It gave a more solid background.

Last edited by jr1v3; 12-29-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good, jr1v3.

Also, @Everybody -- I added one more Spoilerbutton to the original post with a brief description of the nation's Founding Fathers and Mothers. No necessity to read, but its there for historical background.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:15 PM
Barbarian💎Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
OrianaOleander OrianaOleander
Okay, I am definitely into MageCorp, I think it would be cool if our characters met while learning magic together. Maybe our character flaws could make us an inseparable pair?

Campaign Setting: u n d e r . c o n s t r u c t i o n !
My Characters: Lore Nightshade
Old 12-29-2019, 09:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1v3 View Post
Don't worry, let her have it. I choose helpless instead. It gave a more solid background.
Thank you! I was planning on using her pride as a driving reason behind why Fera would venture to Sweetwater.

Edit:

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; 12-29-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jr1v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrianaOleander View Post
Okay, I am definitely into MageCorp, I think it would be cool if our characters met while learning magic together. Maybe our character flaws could make us an inseparable pair?
Indeed, both are haunted in some kind of way, I writing the backgroud right now.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 157
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
If it's not too late, I'm very interested in joining the game. I think I've got a pretty good concept for a character worked out already.

Doc Anikka, a human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Promethean Alchemist) born and raised in the city who has come out to the Frontier because she has been blacklisted in the city due to a massive scandal in her final year at University (that she is mostly innocent of, guilt by association).
Old 12-29-2019, 11:19 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jr1v3
Character Application
Graham Farlione

"You Know, Most people think that wolfkin are loners but nothing more farther than the truth. Wolfkin likes to live in packs. We get stronger in numbers and everything gets done quickly! That's why when You, me and Lorelei are together, we form the best pack of this place!" Fenrara, Graham's Eilodon about Teamwork's Exam.

Basic info

Name: Graham Farlione.
Nicknames: Gram, King of wolfkin, Savage Prince, Tribal Summoner.
Alignment: Neutral Good.
Race: Human.
Class: Unchained Summoner.
Deities: Helreginn.
Traits: You have often seen lawbreakers go free when they demonstrate they have friends in high places, and so you put special effort into befriending powerful people yourself.

Benefit(s): Whenever you are in an area in which you have used the Diplomacy skill to gather information, you gain a +1 trait bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks. This bonus increases to +2 when dealing with government officials.
Friend In High Places (Social), Your relationship with your eidolon gives you some clout with other outsiders.

Benefits: You gain a +2 trait bonus on Diplomacy checks toward outsiders, and Diplomacy is always a class skill for you. (Social)
Destined Diplomat, Your position in society grants you special insight into others, and special consideration or outright awe from others.

Benefits: Choose one of the following skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Sense Motive (took this). You gain a +1 trait bonus on that skill, and it is always a class skill for you.
Influence (Social), You have quick reactions and fierce concentration.

Benefit(s): You gain a +1 trait bonus on concentration and initiative checks.
Arcane Temper.
Drawback: You once stood helpless as great harm befell a loved one, and that paralysis sometimes returns when an ally is in a dire position.

Effect: The first time per combat encounter that an ally within 30 feet falls unconscious or dies as the result of an attack, you are dazed until the end of your next turn.
Helpless.
Feats: Azerkan Born: MageCorp Semper Fi, Your succinct words can aid an ally even in the heat of battle.

Benefit(s): As a move action, you can offer useful advice to an ally engaged in combat at just the right moment. Designate an enemy; your ally gains a +2 competence bonus on her next attack roll against that enemy. For your ally to benefit from this feat, you must be able to clearly see your ally and the designated enemy, and your ally must be able to hear you.
Combat Advice, Rapid Reload (Light Crossbow).
Background Skills: Linguistics (Celestial), Perform (sing) +4

Eilodon's Basic Info
Name: Fenrana.
Alignment: Neutral Good.
Subtype: Agathion.
Related God: Fenrir, the Wolf God.
Feats: Extra Evolution.
Base Form: Biped.
Evolutions: Improved Damage, Skilled (Perception).
Skills: Perception +10, Stealth +3

Description

WIP

Eilodon's Description.
WIP

Personality

Graham is a pragmatic person that hold a dear importance in honor, dignity and above all, Family. His wits, intelligence and perseverance can be easily overturned when you know his kind good heart and his self-sacrifice in means to help others, all fueled by the helpless feeling he experienced as child.

As a Magecorp, he shows his availability to do all what he can to get the assignment done, using his reason and logic above his emotions along with his charisma, leadership and his social abilities to solve mysteries and found answers while he use the obstacles as the way to improve his skills.

As a Person, He always lets his space to express himself and in those moments, you can see the human behind all that perfection; a person filled with love, frienship and sometimes a sense of humor that he uses as a knife to cut all the tension he gathers as a soldier.

Eilodon's Personality
Ferrara is a wellbehaved being with a preference to maintain a servant posture Toward his master, being like the a battle maid at the service of Graham. Unlike his master, Fenrara holds a carefree attitude that is complemented by the pragmatism that most monsters and animals have without abandoning what she stands as honorable and dignified. For her, most of the rules of Magecorp have no logic reason though she respect the order and meaning that brings to the ones that abide to it because she saw the result of that kind of behavior. One Quirk of Fenrara is Her ability to speak openly of uncomfortable subjects, this puts his master in an awkward position, that brings love of his master and another another just frustration, like qhen she brings Graham's love affairs for example.

Background

Graham Always grown surrounded by the glory of MageCorp. His father Rake, as a member of the corp, instilled his passion of his work though the small mind of his son with tales of his gallant deeds in the day work. On the contrary, his Mother Alicia instilled on Graham the arts; Painting, History and all kind skills of he forgot as he grew up but there was something he never forgot and it was the music and the singing. Alicia was an acknowledged Bard in the most famous taverns of Ulgran and she never hided from Graham, because in the end, after talk of her life as Bard, she always said that the best decision he took was to abandon her life as a bard to form this family. Graham was a really happy kid until he reached his ten years of life.

That year was the event that defined and shaped his life. His father was required for service in the new town, Sweetwater in the Upcoming years and as a family they decided to move on and begin his new life in the frontier. But instead of a new life, he found the death of his family.

The town was raided the next day of his coming and he had to witness the death of his parents in the hands of one tribe of savages while he was well hided in a strategic place his father had chosen beforehand. Eventually, a dearly and brother-at-arms of his father found him. The one who find him was Therios, a half-elf summoner member of the Magecorp became his guardian and adoptive father in the upcoming Years.

After that, Graham enlisted and spent his upcoming years in the MageCorp, where he found more than organization but a something like a family. It was in that place where he found his eilodon, Fenrara and Lorelei, Her comrade at arms and the only one that realized his drawback and maintained as a secret, holding with him as comrade after seeing that with his guidance in the battlefield and leardership, they passed all the teamwork exams with flying colors.

When he graduated as an Apprentice, he as beginning his service in the Sweetwater and confront the place that not only took the best of his past but his capacity to self-control. Searching in the process the answers about what went wrong that day and a final closure while he serve in his new family.

Postdatatomorrow I will finish the description. Can you get me some feedback in the character app and in the english?, as native spanish speaker I might be passing by some english related rules or something like that.

Last edited by jr1v3; 12-29-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
A short history of the nation of Azerka.

Highlights of Azerkan History

The calendar of Azerka was established in its Year 4, with Year 0 being when the Declaration of Independence was published.

-100 (approximately) Human population is steadily growing larger than the native populations across the continent's south-central region. Apekin, Orcs, and several Fey races hold ascendence with a multi-racial pantheon of gods. Technology is gradually advancing, driving by Dwarf, Gnome and Human technical innovation. The native races progressively lose the tribal veneer, but as they become wealthier, they become more corrupt.
-70s The Apekin introduce taxes based on race. Gradually more humans move from free, to indentured servants, to slaves.
-60s An insane Satyr God residing in the pool of radiance which is now in the Great Cascades, initiates a brutal pogrom against humans. Massive war and oppression results in the deaths of half a million.
-50s Humans, especially children, as selected at increasing rates for living sacrifices. Forced conscription, where men are pressed into military service, and families are separated, become increasingly common. For several decades from this point on, both Norran Dwarves and Lorman Elves provide continue succor for mankind persecuted in the central basin (that later becomes the heartland of Azerka.)
-40s The Apekin institute a series of law reducing the rights of humankind.
-34 Andrade Delany is born into slavery in Lissane, and escapes in his teens, becoming a barbarian freedom-fighter
-30s The coastal cities, with large human populations, become progressively more independent and political philosophies develop showing an increasing yearning for liberty.
-13 Delany (age 21) makes contact with a successionist band of human Magi from the Bright Empire. He meets the Oracle-Bard Maxine Zuket and a famed band of Companions forms around them. In her prophetic capacity, she announces that he will free his people, and she henceforth becomes an irreplaceably ally.
-11 The city states of the null and anti-magical regions of the central plateau begin developing clockwork and steam powered weapons in support of the resistance and independence movements. Ledger is the financial heart of the freedom party. A naval building program commences there and in Murre.
-9 Delany (age 25) loses a first, ineffective rebellion in the Lissane region.
-6 Delany undergoes the transformation that in years in the future will be described as his Transfiguration. He adds “Dragonslayer” and "Adamantium Soldier" to his titles, and his Companions achieve a great influx of magical riches and force while his political allies continue to stockpile firearms, explosives, and clockwork technology.
-4 Sotham Gillmore unites the Greystrand Wizards Guild, the Dwarven Mages Society of Ledger, and the ex-Imperial sect of Magi. He expresses the principles which become the heart of the MageCorp.
-3 Delany and his Companions begin the production of the first Cap. The Companions cease their career as adventurers and henceforth are all enmeshed in politics, warfare and nation-building.
0 War of Independence starts. The Apekin Power at Khotek, which humans called Greystrand, is defeated and its pool is capped. Ilangabi Elisabekayo develops the MageSpeak language.
2 The city of Uglan is taken and is Power defeated.
4 Delany (age 38) and his companions introduce the Articles of Federation, using the work for the central basin as the name of the new nation. He goes by the title President-General.
5 The Great Cascades and Lissane are conquered. The War of Independences comes to an end. The Bright Empire -- which was uninvolved until now, takes notices of the changes the new nation is introducing and begins its own accelerated program to modernize its army, navy and for the first time an airforce.
9 The Church of the Final Mind, the Congregation of the Holy Presence, the Brothers of Compassion, and the Dwarven Assemblies of the One meet in for an extended ecumenical conference. Under the leadership of Cully Diamo, a Declaration of Agreements is published, and the groups reorganize into the association which becomes the Church of Azerka. Diamo becomes its first leader.
11 First war of Expansion starts -- but expansion is stalled for four years.
13 The Great Wheel of Lissane goes into uncontrolled overspin and the city is destroyed.
14 The Arbiter program is developed, and proves of great value in the remaining years of the war.
15 The Vale of Flowers is taken.
16 The Western Campaign goes into full swing. Delany’s title changes to President and Prime Minister.
18 Cowslip Meadows is taken. Lissane is rebuilt and rededicated. The new city becomes the heart of a growing rail network.
19 Amberdale is taken.
22 Maxine Zuket succumbs to her Oracle’s Curse and is swallowed up by the Abyss. The nation goes into three days of fasting and a month of mourning. The War of Expansion's momentum stalls.
23 The First War of Expansion ceases. Delany resigns as Prime Minister, separating the two leading political roles.

Peace lasts for a decade and a half, and the nation's population grows rapidly. Academies of magic and early factories are built. The system of Great Wheels which at first was experimental becomes widespread.

37 Delany resigns as President, and goes into retirement. He serves as an unofficial but most highly respected ambassador.
45 Delany (age 79) passes away of natural causes. The metropolitan seaside capital, Greystrand, is renamed after him.
46 Cully Diamo retires as leader of the Church of Azerka. He travels to the Unreachable Kingdom, and then returns to Estafell with his mind now in the body of a construct. He becomes a noted teacher and researcher, and remains so to this day.
56 Kyt Steelguard because a chief voice arguing for a New Expansion.
58 Second war of Expansion starts. In alliance with the Norran Heights against the Gundulun Oligarchy, the campaign shows steady success but with great loss of life. Gordy (later of Sweetwater) is one of many who come of age in this war.
59 Giantskull Hill is conquered, and the the Oligarchy loses territory. The battle lines waver for several years and many cities and towns are destroyed on both sides.
62 A mercantile guild makes a shameful surprise attack against the Lorman Power of Gallomar. In a clever and stunning victory, the power is defeated. Azurka accepts the fait accompli and annexes Callomar, renaming it Sunnycorner. The Anarchy of Lormany change its stance from neutrality to non-aggressive hostility.
63 The Kingdom of Southpaw voluntarily deposes its ruling Power, and joins Azerka peacefully. A peace treaty is reached with Gundulun on the eastern front, and the eastern expansion halts.
63 The independent south-western city of Drakes Landing is conquered as a new western campaign begins.
64 Corin the Celebrant betrays Azerka and becomes a Power in service to the Bright Empire. Azerka begins to suffer a string of defeats along the frontier with the Empire. The Western campaign is a complete failure and accomplishes nothing against the Empire. The Celebrant is crowned as the Fourth Theocrat of the Bright Empire and in years to come as a bardic lich deity he serves as Voice of the Emperor.
65 The Second war of Expansion ends. The Western Church Militant splits from the Mother Church, becoming a sectarian faction.

The Gundulun Oligarchy begins to modernize its armed forces, civil institutions, and use of modern technology, learning lessons from their western nature. As the Gundulun Oligarchy recovers from the devastating war, its traditional opponents in the Norran Heights are forced to turn to their alliance with Azerka for mutual security.

The next three decades are of peaceful growth within Azerka's boundaries, and a press into the sparsely populated northern frontier begins.

87 The city of Sandy Gulch is founded.
92 The rail line from Lissane reaches Sandy Gulch and it is renamed Terminus. An independent band of Azerkans under Gordy (retired MageCorp) conquer an under-populated native city, establishing the castle and town of Sweetwater. (It is only one of scores of frontier settlements, but it is more strategically located that most as it is adjacent to canyonlands that give passage to an expansive northern wilderness.
95 Monthly airship service to Sweetwater begins.
97 Present year.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Jr1v3 --

Given the timeline I just posted, Sweetwater has only been colonized 5 years. Your family could have moved in when you were 15, you lost your family almost immediately -- and they you spent ages 15-20 completing basic training in the Mage Corp.

Can you work within that timeline?

Overall, the character concept looks workable and fills some unique functions in the emerging party. Welcome! Continue to finalize the character.

Since you are asking for feedback, there is a lot that could be changed to your English to come across as fluent. For example:

Graham is a pragmatic person that hold a dear importance in honor, dignity and above all, Family. His wits, intelligence and perseverance can be easily overturned when you know his kind good heart and his self-sacrifice in means to help others, all fueled by the helpless feeling he experienced as child.

Graham is a pragmatic person that holds as of dear importance honor, dignity and above all, family. His wits, intelligence and perseverance can be easily overthrown when his kind, good heart observes an opportunity to self-sacrificially help others. His deep compassion is fueled by the feelings of helplessness he experienced as a child.

Generally, English verb tense and correct use of determiners (a, the) are common challenges.

You capitalize some words oddly; generally only capitalize proper nouns (the name of a specific person, place or thing.)

Anyway ... don't worry about language too much. Have fun, keep practicing and learning from others.