RPXP: 680
AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV
Classes sorted :-)
Old 01-10-2020, 01:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
That is certainly some stiff competition AegorIV, never really looked at the gearhead class before but looks pretty cool.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2171
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
The participants in "A Town Called Sweetwater" have voted with a majority preferring Quincy "Q" Kettle / OneDarkness as the next character+player to invite to the game.

AegorIV -- you had an excellent application, and maybe at some future date if there is another opening, you might be interested. We'll keep you in mind.

OneDarkness -- please:
1) create a post for your character in this folder: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18384

2) complete the process of building out the character (gear, skills, etc.) and dialog with me any questions and for final confirmation before introducing you in-game

3) make sure you make your character sheet publicly shared and give me edit permissions so that it appears in "My Characters" (a convenience for me.)
Old 01-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Thank you for the chance to play and will head on over and finish things up.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Reopening Application

I am considering taking on one replacement player for A Town Called Sweetwater.

Our game has been running for about a month. Players post about 3-6 times per week, so this is a faster paced game than many on this site.

As weíve been going, weíve been shaking out a couple of the 6 players who arenít able to participate at a rate close to the average for our game. So, with one withdrawing, I am opening up a slot.

As there is a dungeon exploration already underway, I offer for your consideration taking over an existing player character.

The character is a 1st level human unchained summoner named Graham with a bipedal female wolf-kin eidolon (a furry, basically).

In the dungeon adventure so far, a curse of undeath struck Graham and two others, binding them for some time to remain inside the dungeon until the curse is loosened. A byproduct of the curse is that it offers its victims a temptation to take on a corruption. (Lich, Ghoul or Plague). The other two resisted the corruption, but it would advantageously move the plot if one person succumbed and thereby received more plot hints of what evil lurks beneath, etc. The corruption, if chosen, will grant some additional insights and powers Ö but if it is not addressed and conquered over some period it will surely destroy the character. The other two players refused to take the path of struggling with the corruption -- so I invite a character to succumb to the curse and temptation (while pledging long term to strive to return to the light as this is ultimately a non-evil game.)

As this is a take-over not a fresh build, your application would be: a clear expressed interest in the role; acknowledgement that you intend to post 3-6 times a week; a draft of any rebuild (if you feel it is needed for you to be satisfied with the character and donít want him as-is verbatim), and a draft post role-playing Graham succumbing to one of the three potential forms of the corruption. What is he feeling, what does it look like? Show that you understand at least a bit of the game youíd be joining.

Last words: if I donít get a solid interest in this take-over within a few days; I will extend the slot to AegorIV, a player who proposed a Dwarf Gearhead. If he is no longer available, Iíll open the slot generally.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:31 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am interested in the summoner idea provisionally. Give me sometime to look at the mechanics of the Unchained Summoner and think on any rebuild.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Interested: Yup
Post Rate: 3-6 Posts a week
Mechanical Rebuilds:
Race: Same
Class: Soulbound Unchained Summoner seems a good fit for backstory.
Feats: Swap out Combat Advice for Point Blank Shot And Precise Shot
The Fall Into Temptation:
The Corruption
right-aligned image
It was in the landscape of his mind that Graham's decision to succumb was made, the plane that he and Fenrana usually occupied alone. Alone with his regrets, his worries and his grief. It was here that his love for Fenrana had formed, a spark of his consciousness that had fought back against the apekin in his dreams before manifesting to protect him in the real world. How could he not love something that would literally tear the barrier between fantasy and reality for him? There solitude had been interrupted however, on the calm white sands of his mind stood a tall figure swathed in dark cloth, all that could be seen the intense glow of unnaturally blue eyes within its cowl and hands barely cloaked in thin desiccated flesh.

With Fenrana beside him, Graham strides towards the figure, to anybody observing in the real world all that would be visible would be slight twitches and his eyes rapidly moving. Feeling confident that Fenrana would protect him he boldly looks up at the figure before him trying to see into it's shadowed hood. As is often the way with the world of the mind however he was unable to see past them and instead he speaks boldly.

"Who are you to be within my mind? How is it you come here, this place is mine and Fenrana is it's protector. Do you think to challenge her?"

A dry chuckle escapes the hooded figure, one that is worryingly familiar to Graham and a worried whine escapes between Fenrana's sharp teeth. Reaching up with it's hands the figure lowers its hood to reveal a face at once very familiar and horrifying. Whatever or whomever has invaded his mind is clearly wearing the face of Graham's dead father, even if that face is tightened and aged into the flesh of some sort of undead. As the creature smiles the skin at the corners of his father's mouth splits slightly.

"Do you not know me Graham? Do you not know your own father?"

"My father is dead, he is no invader of minds. HE. IS. GONE!"

"It is true, you are right, your father is gone. I wear his face but to prove a point, what if he did not need to be? What if he had embraced a power that allows one to resist death? I cannot give him back to you but I can ensure that perhaps you do not have to leave anyone as he did, as your mother did......"

"I am no necromancer, I am no botherer of corpses. I will not become a killer of men just for my own power....."

"The offer was not to give you the power of the Necromancer. No, instead I offer you life.....or unlife....unending so that you never have to leave those you love, never have to leave Fenrana...."

Where in person Graham might mask his emotions behind a still face here in the centre of his mind the conflict Graham felt was clearly seen to the tempter and to his eidolon. Standing before him she lets out an uncharacteristic whine before trying to talk to him, to help him resist the temptation keyed personally to his weaknesses.

"Graham, do not listen to him, I am you and you are me, I will never leave you and I will always be there for you. Your parents did not leave they were taken! He is twisting everything!"

"But.....he is right Fenrana.....I do not want to leave....I do not want to have to inflict the grief I feel even now on others and to avoid it I must live on......"

Pushing Fenrana gently aside, Graham meets the unnatural blue fires of the Lich's eyes and stretches out his hand to seal the bargain. As the figure grasps his hand a harsh cackle echoes through his mind and the first tendrils of the corruption writhe through him. Graham gasps and his eyes open again to the dungeon before him and though he does not know it his eyes have changed to show the beginnings of the same blue flames possessed by the tempter....

Last edited by AegorIV; 01-28-2020 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I kind of wonder whether at high levels the Soulbound eidolon would get overpowered. That's quite a lot of bonus evolutions (+12 at level 20) where each evolution is stronger than the average Feat.

Well, for 1st level that is quite infinitely far off and as far as I'm concerned all options are on the table for boosting and nerfing within a group of PCs if the game is out of whack, so it remains playable.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 01-27-2020 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
It is possibly strong but it does give up the broken summon monster SLAs to get them which is in many situations the strongest part of the class.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ACK. Carry on with the pitch.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 01-28-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Pitch fully complete
Old 01-28-2020, 10:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
AegorIV,

See my posts on Jan 19, 20, depicting a curse of undeath released when the seal of the lost temple was broken: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=193901

The first mark upon Graham was a glowing symbol that randomly struck him, landing upon his chest. He then lacked the fortitude to resist as it sank into his flesh, marking and sealing him. It remains their now, and is the foothold of evil which opened a door to the risk of corruption.

Within the history of the nation of Azerka, there was one of the nation's important early figures who himself succumbed to temptation, becoming a bardic lich. See here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=193617 . Corin the Celebrant. Fourth Theocrat, Voice of the Emperor, Human Bardic Lich. Also called the Great Betrayer by the Azerkans.

This notorious figure would be the face behind the mask for Graham's temptation. You will not know this for some time -- but add some eerie bardic background music and the voice of the figure oddly melodious and compelling, and you will have a match for an in-game tempter.

Steps:
- Post a page here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18384 which will be your modified copy of Graham. When that is done, I will more jr1v3's version of the character to the inactive folder.
- Complete your character sheet. In game, the summoner has cast Message and Mage Armor, so keep those spells in your build. Make the character sheet public, and give me edit access. Record the gift and stain of level 1 lich corruption.
- I will write you into the active thread, here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...=193901&page=4
- Browse as much as you have time for of Chapter One or other game materials as needed to get a gist of the context.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application is closed again.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:51 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hi, I cant see Graham's original thread sorry
Old 01-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OK - I reposted the private notes on Graham here:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...97#post8648897

(Not sure why jr1v3 made them private.)