RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 05:02 PM
Queen of Mischief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2861
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
(Iím not American so not too familiar with a Homecoming dance and Tobin would be even less so)
Think a Winter Formal, or Military Ball - but for High School/Secondary School aged children (usually 16 to 19 year olds.)
My first born, born male @ 1:43am 11 Jan, 2020 - 7lbs 3oz Luke Egnatius (surname)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!
Old 01-14-2020, 05:47 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6815
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Think a Winter Formal, or Military Ball - but for High School/Secondary School aged children (usually 16 to 19 year olds.)
Think a winter formal might be an American thing aswell... donít worry Iím just going to presume itís like a prom...
Old 01-15-2020, 12:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 275
fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
As I said Tobin is an old favourite of mine and with every attempt at playing him his background etc has grown.

Wow you ask difficult questions.

(Iím not American so not too familiar with a Homecoming dance and Tobin would be even less so)
I'm glad my questions were difficult to answer. That means they're working!

and you got it 100% right, not sure why I didn't go just say "a prom".
Old 01-15-2020, 01:45 AM
Custom Titled

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1863
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Updated my application a little. Just some details I thought would be relevant.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Here is the official notification that submissions will close in about 24 hours. So if you want to make some last minutes adjustments or ask some last minute questions now is the time. I'll try to be as available as possible to field questions.

Submissions close at 12:00am MST on 1/16/2020
Old 01-15-2020, 02:58 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3451
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
Out of curiosity FJF, how many applicants do you intend on recruiting?

With your hefty number of submissions, do you think you'll be running more than one group?

Last edited by Theore; 01-15-2020 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 130
Thalric Thalric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theore View Post
Out of curiosity FJF, how many applicants to you intend on recruiting?

With your hefty number of submissions, do you think you'll be running more than one group?
That's two good questions and I can only echo them!
Old 01-15-2020, 03:55 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 952
Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam
I know I'm riding right up on the deadline but I hope my dude sparks some interest at least

Talvert Drennard

Race-Human (Male)
Class-Wizard (Transmutation)
Alignment-Neutral...or so he thinks
Background (Custom)- Self-Imposed Exile
Traits
-In the darkest corner of my homeland I discovered something...terrible. So terrible it caused me to flee and never look back, haunting me even now.
-My experiences have left me jaded, and with little left in terms of wonder and awe. The brighter the gilt, the deeper the rot.
Ideal
-I hold actions above words.
Bond
-My bonds with my homeland had been long broken. Now there’s just the road and the day ahead. If there’s anything more to believe in in this world, I’ve yet to see it.
Flaws
-Trust does not come easily to me, and friendship even less so.

Appearance and Clothing

Talvert is a haggard-looking man of average height. Black hair and a scraggly beard turning prematurely gray on the fringes (belying the shocking fact that he's only just now approaching his thirties) frame a gaunt, weathered face and a set of wandering pale-green eyes. He tends to wear...well...whatever he can afford. This usually consists of rumpled travelling clothes and a formerly forest-green cloak that has long since faded to nearly grey.

Mindset and Quirks

Cynical and gloomy, Talvert’s the death of the party wherever he goes. He doesn’t talk much, and when he does it’s usually to say something other people don’t want to hear. Overall though he tends to keep people at a distance unless necessity dictates otherwise. Talvert wants little to do with the world anymore save what he needs from it to survive.

Though sometimes (more often than he’d like to admit)...Talvert finds himself stuck in situations that leave him taking up lost causes or stepping in for the powerless when the powerful want to flex their muscle. Any inquiries on such matters, however, tend to be met with monosyllabic denials. Even still...it seems whatever ghastly discoveries he stumbled upon that nearly broke his spirit so long ago didn’t manage to entirely succeed.

Personal History

Talvert was once a native of the far-off city of mystic Anakythera; a mysterious city-state ruled by a clandestine council of of the magically initiated and subject to many rumors both colorful and terrifying. Whatever dark secrets he stumbled upon in that fabled city that led him to flee both home and kin, he’s been reluctant to speak about at length. Indeed, he seems to barely acknowledge his homeland...as well as anything or anyone from it...at all.

Misc

What made your character answer the king's decree?: “Money.” Yeah, sometimes it's just that simple.
Why do you want to play the character you have created?: Talvert is something of refinement of a character I made a few years back for a Dungeon World game. I’ve been looking to revisit him and he seemed like he’d be a good fit for this game.

Last edited by Citizen Sam; 01-15-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:28 AM
Queen of Mischief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2861
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
Here is the official notification that submissions will close in about 24 hours. So if you want to make some last minutes adjustments or ask some last minute questions now is the time. I'll try to be as available as possible to field questions.

Submissions close at 12:00am MST on 1/16/2020
Bah, I still need to write a chapter 3. giggles lightly

Well, need may be a strong word, want? Anyway, figure this way Chapter 4 is the start of the game, Chapter 5 is when we get sucked down a rabbit hole on a side quest, Chapter 6 is when we go "oh yea we were supposed to be doing this" and go back too it, and Chapter 7 is when we all get to go home heroes with more wealth than Scrouge McDuck (and for her, a husband or three.)
My first born, born male @ 1:43am 11 Jan, 2020 - 7lbs 3oz Luke Egnatius (surname)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!
Old 01-15-2020, 09:36 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6815
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Bah, I still need to write a chapter 3. giggles lightly

Well, need may be a strong word, want? Anyway, figure this way Chapter 4 is the start of the game, Chapter 5 is when we get sucked down a rabbit hole on a side quest, Chapter 6 is when we go "oh yea we were supposed to be doing this" and go back too it, and Chapter 7 is when we all get to go home heroes with more wealth than Scrouge McDuck (and for her, a husband or three.)
You still have over 12 hours left quick get writing!
Old 01-15-2020, 03:19 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
A Second - last minute - ApplicationAge: 20
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 130 lbs
Race: Human
Class: Rogue 2 /Monk 1
Subclass: N/A (Planned Mastermind/Shadow Monk)
Ideal: Sometimes the law protects the wrong people. That's where I come in.
Bond: My family was murdered when I was young. I want to find the people who did it... but I'm not sure what I'll do to them when I do.
Flaw: Some people call me paranoid. I say that just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's NOT an invisible assassin about to stab me in the face.
Trinket: A list of names with no clear explanation as to who they are or what the list is for.

Personality

Torah is in many ways still a child; playful, and prone to playing the occasional practical joke just to get a rise out of her companions. She's happy to join in on evenings of revelry, where she at least pretends to drink with her companions, and is more than happy to facilitate the separation of a drunk from his money. She doesn't think very highly of nobles or nobility, and has a soft spot for those down on their luck such as beggars and orphaned children. Despite being a trained killer, Torah doesn't murder indiscriminately -- The only ones she's willing to kill outright are the worst kinds of criminals, or those that the law can't touch and are likely to get away without so much as a slap on the wrist.

Torah enjoys reading in her free time, often picking up some book or another to keep her preoccupied while things are quiet. When she's not reading, she's people-watching, keeping an eye on strangers around her and occasionally keeping an eye on her own allies to make sure she's aware of what's going on around her. She's often secretive with the information she has, including any dirt she might have on her companions... unless that information seems pertinent or useful at the time.

The "Why"

The IC reasons are included at the end of her background. As for the OOC reasons; Torah was a character that I applied for in another game ages ago, under another name. She was unfinished at the time, so I didn't get in, but I really liked the story and would have loved to see where things went with her. Like Galvana, she really just needs a home.

Feedback Questions

Where is Torah's favorite place to shop?
Depends largely on what it is she's after. Back home she preferred smaller businesses. The kind in the poorer parts of town that struggle due to a lack of wealthy customers, who were clearly doing the job because it was what they liked to do, rather than because they wanted to be rich. Rich folk have always kind of bugged Torah. That being said, the best equipment is usually the most expensive, so when it comes to gear, Torah favors more expensive establishments with quality materials and professional craftsmen -- when she can afford it, that is.

Torah wore colorful socks today, what color/s are they?
They're bright pastel pink and blue, and if you give her crap about it she'll probably hit you. >:|

Last edited by Mechaniacal; 01-15-2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theore View Post
Out of curiosity FJF, how many applicants do you intend on recruiting?

With all the submissions I will go with about 6 applicants. The number of submissions I have gotten has been incredible, and I was considering running multiple games. But this is the first PBP game I will DM and I would rather run 1 game with all my energy before trying to run multiple simultaneous games.

As far as the party size I'm concerned any party larger than six won't be able to move at the pace I would like. I do really want to try for a fast pace. In a perfect world that would mean a minimum of one post a day from every party member. I am quite hopeful we can achieve it but I will survive if it's not possible. I expect most people already have other games as well as real-life to deal with. We shall see.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Sam View Post
I know I'm riding right up on the deadline but I hope my dude sparks some interest at least
You spark much interest, my friend! You're on the list.
Now tell me, what is Talvert's favorite pastry? Does he have a familiar?
How many drinks is too many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechaniacal View Post
Feedback Questions
None yet... Gimme some!
BTW the paragraphs under "the dead of night" were copy-pasted twice

Where is Torah's favorite place to shop?
Torah wore colorful socks today, what color/s are they?
Old 01-15-2020, 06:30 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
Fixed and answered.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:45 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 952
Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
You spark much interest, my friend! You're on the list.
Now tell me, what is Talvert's favorite pastry? Does he have a familiar?
How many drinks is too many?
In one of Telia's many settlements there's a bakery that specializes in shortbread confections lightly dusted with sea salt. Surprisingly the notoriously taciturn wizard has described them as 'quite palatable' (an unreserved endorsement from anyone else). And has even been seen purchasing from them once in a blue moon.

Talvert does not yet have a familiar. If he were to be honest with himself he's not sure if he's comfortable with the idea.

As for drinks? If it's not black coffee any amount is too much. He dislikes he idea of dulling his senses with alcohol.

Last edited by Citizen Sam; 01-15-2020 at 06:46 PM.