twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-03-2020, 01:47 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 715
AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ
Ah, okay. I just used the original backstory(with some tweaks, like renaming Vistani to Kaleja, and having them be from Telia), so I'm glad to know that Lathander still works as the person she prays to and such.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?

Last edited by AllyDJ; 01-03-2020 at 02:17 AM.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1487
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
ApplicationName: Fern Greentree
Race: Elf
Class: Ranger
Subclass: Hunter
Background: Charlatan
Personality: I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking risks for the potential pay off
Ideal: I'm determined to make something of myself, no matter what
Bond: I wish my childhood sweetheart had come with me to pursue destiny....
Flaw: I'm convinced of the significance of my own destiny, and am blind to both my shortcomings and the risk of failure.
Dice Roll:
1d100 54
Trinket:
A candle that can't be lit
Why this Quest
Fern was born under a special sign, a sign that destined her for greatness. At least, that's what she told those drunk enough to listen to her. What was for certain, is that Fern hunts, poaches, or generally does what she can to provide for herself. When the day is out however, she returns to her favourite taverns, to drunkenly recount that time she deared to kill a King's dare, or one of her many other stories; recounting her battles with fierce miniature were-rabbits (in rabbit form obviously), or perhaps the one about the magical sheep, whose golden fleece would turn to straw when gazed upon by those who were unworthy of it's true potential. After so many wild, and fortuitous adventures, what trouble could transporting a royal brat be? 'And if I succeed, maybe that'll make the King's men go easier on me for that damned Dare?' Whether by great fortune, great reward, or great boredom, Fern hopes that if nothing else she might be able to recount all new stories, find all new manner of strange animals to hunt, and perhaps even find a way to bring a skipped beat to her sweet's heart.

Last edited by Alemar; 01-03-2020 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Adding Charsheet and Trinket description #54
Old 01-03-2020, 02:07 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3148
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
I don't see the kenku's limitations being much of a problem for that particular character. One tweak though, you must take Message as one of your cantrips, but you may cast it as a bonus action, and the target creature will understand the message.
That’s more than fine with me!

I’ll think on a brief backstory and motivation and complete my application sometime tomorrow

I have taken the Oath!
Old 01-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Queen of Mischief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4204
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
please noteI reserve the right to keep tweaking stuff until it's balanced
As a DM should.

Level 3, assuming standard wealth-by-level, does that mean using the "Sane Magic Item" Guide freely available online?
Quote:
Starting items/gold: based on Class/Background
Also, given:
Quote:
If the +2 bonus from your character's race doesn't improve your character's primary stat you get one (1) feat.
I take it to mean you'd prefer non-standard race/class combinations? I had a lot of fun once with a Half-Orc Sorceress just because of the shear ridiculousness of this orcish girl running around playing at using magic (and succeeding sometimes!).

(Placeholder for Application)
My first born, born male @ 1:43am 11 Jan, 2020 - 7lbs 3oz Luc (Luke) Ignatius (surname)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

Last edited by Jennifer; 01-03-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Dembe Dembe
Character Submissions
Name: Don Qui
Race: Variant Human
Class: Fighter
Subclass: Cavalier
Background: Entertainer
Personality: I know a story relevant to almost any situation
Ideal: The world is in need of bold action (chaotic)
Bond: I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Flaw: I'll do anything to win fame and renown.
Why: what made your character answer the king's decree - Don romanticizes the golden years of lore. He grew up reading the stories and legends of warriors of yesteryear. He now travels the countryside with his horse Roxy and his faithful lance saving fair maidens. The king's decree sets Don upon a "holy mission" to ensure the safety of the princess.
Why: Why do you want to play the character you have created? I love Don's passion for life and adventure. His self-assured nature will push him to action in all situations. Princess in danger?! Jump in and save her! Tavern brawl breaks out?! Give that rowdy drunken what-for! The down-trodden mistreated?! Confront the bully with a sternly-worded speech!
However, I'm most excited to see his transformation when he inevitably is jaded by whatever this adventure holds. All shadowy figures with a thin mustache and a British accent are not villains. Every blonde-haired knight is as noble as he appears. Will Don become jaded by his experience and take a turn down the dark path? Or will he stand against all odds and become the true hero he knows he is! Only time and experience will tell.

This game seems fun, so I wanted to add a bumbling character. Don's "the knight in shining armor" of his own story, the clueless dreamer to others. However, you can't help but to love his passion and bravery.

I know that animal companions can be difficult to navigate (a fighter, a kenku, and a horse walk into a bar...) so if you'd rather I can drop Roxy like a bad habit.

Last edited by Dembe; 01-04-2020 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:53 AM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 284
fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Level 3, assuming standard wealth-by-level, does that mean using the "Sane Magic Item" Guide freely available online?
I had never seen that before but I will use that. Adventurers in my games usually become the 1% immediately, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
I take it to mean you'd prefer non-standard race/class combinations?
I do really enjoy bizarre Race/Class combos. Hopefully, this method of character creation incentivizes crazy characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
This game seems fun, so I wanted to add a bumbling character. Don's "the knight in shining armor" of his own story, the clueless dreamer to others. However, you can't help but to love his passion and bravery.

I know that animal companions can be difficult to navigate (a fighter, a kenku, and a horse walk into a bar...) so if you'd rather I can drop Roxy like a bad habit.
I absolutely love the reference. A horse is fine by me. But most major cities will expect you to leave her in one of the many stables outside the city walls.

Character creation additionAll characters start with an extra 65gp
Old 01-03-2020, 12:46 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 590
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
Hello all! Your game intrigues me. Sadly, I have no exceptions to ask for but will give you a character shortly for review.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:33 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
Torrin
right-aligned image

Name: Torrin Yur'gerrik
Race: BronzeDragonborn
Class: Oath of ConquestPaladin
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Personality Trait: I face my problems head-on, a direct solution is the best path to success.

Ideals: I do what I must and obey authority.

Bonds: Those who fight beside me are worth dying for.

Flaws: I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.
I'd rather eat my armor than admit when I'm wrong.
Soldier

Appearance & Backstory
Appearance: Torrin stands a menacing six foot five with a strong body. His golden-bronze skin is accented with off white horn tips and stark yellow eyes. His armor is a deeper burnt bronze strapped with brown leather and a loincloth matching his horns.

He is not a hard creature to read, blunt and often rude because of it. He has a fierce loyalty to his companions, but for his god there is no question to whom he holds highest. If you disagree with him, or god forbid prove him wrong, expect harsh words and a hot head.

Backstory: Torrin was raised in a war tribe clan off of Telia’s coast. The land he knew was constantly at odds between the clans deities. Torrin was told in his early years that this was the cost paid by those who refused the mercy of Bahamut. He was trained as a warrior of the clans god, and sent out in hopes that one day his Clan Yur’gerrik would devote the islands population to the war dragon’s cause.

Torrin fought with devotion, and overthrew many rival clans alongside his brethren. They returned home as heroes of the cause, and a celebration was held with the spoils of war to fund a great feast. It was beautiful, with dancing and song late into the night. Only stopped by one overly drunken smith named Tyre.

Tyre spoke out against the wars, claiming the loss of life was senseless and devotion was nothing without mercy. The clan was in an uproar and during the heated arguments Torrin slew Tyre, convinced the heresy was a direct affront to Bahahmut. The crowd fell silent, for this was the first recorded murder within the Yur’gerrik. Tirron was imprisoned while the Wyrm Council determined his fate.

After several days it was decided that while Tirron had upheld the highest standards of worship, he had offended the clan through his actions. He was banished from the island, sent with his belongings to opposing cries of treason and martyrdom. He made passage to the mainland as a deckhand on a cargo ship, making landfall at Telia’s coast within a week of travel. He purchased room at an inn, and spent weeks in prayer for discernment in his next direction.

Guidance came in the words of a town crier. He begged for those worthy to protect the kings daughter during her journies. Torrin learned what he could before packing up and heading out, maybe somewhere removed from this country he could begin his clan again, and continue his cause.

Last edited by Wyrom; 01-20-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added Character sheet link
Old 01-03-2020, 02:37 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
And finished. If you have time I would love any feedback to tweak him a bit.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1250
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
ApplicationName: Raymond Tierce
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Subclass: Cavalier
Background: noble
Personality:
--The common folk love Ray for his kindness and generosity.
--He works hard, fights hard and plays hard, but he never exploits the common folk.
Ideal: It is a nobleman's duty to protect and care for the people of his own lands, and innocents of any sort.
Bond: Ray wants the common folk to see him as a hero of the people, because his family came to power in a popular revolution generations ago and he thinks his living relatives have lost touch with that.
Flaw: Ray doesn't always think ahead when food, drink and other carnal pleasures offer themselves.

after the +1 to everything for being (nonvariant) human and additional +1 to two lowest, we have
STR 16 DEX 17 CON 11 INT 9 WIS 12 CHA 15
HP: 30

Starting items/gold: chain mail, rapier (d8 piercing) and shield, light crossbow (d8 piercing) & 20 bolts, dagger in boot and spear in hand, an explorer's pack, a set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, a riding horse and a purse containing 11gp 4sp 10cp

Trinket: a fan, which when unfolded shows a painting of a sleeping cat. People assume it's a lady's favor, but it was in fact painted by your oldest daughter, who has a gift for such things.

Why This QuestOkay, you know Elinor, the younger of Lord Teague's daughters? Ray think she may be pregnant, and he knows he is certainly not the only one who might be responsible, and he'd rather his rather unforgiving wife Charmaine not know he might be in any way involved, so he'd like to be out of the country for a few months, at least. Charmaine takes better care of his holdings than he does, anyway.

And besides, this quest is the kind of thing someone of his station is actually supposed to do.

Last edited by Exfilia; 01-03-2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling. sorry.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2877
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Name: Etheer Mookstalker
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Monk
Subclass: Way of Shadow
Trinket: A piece of crystal that faintly glows in the moonlight

Background - CustomFeature:
- Wanderer

Personality Traits:
- I’ve lost too many friends, and I’m slow to make new ones.
- I judge people by their actions, not their words.

Ideal:
- Freedom. Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people. (Chaotic)

Bond:
- I was forced into seclusion to hide from the ones who might still be hunting me. I must someday confront them.

Flaw:
- I’d risk too much to be able to see my tribe free again.

Why:
- Being only one of three remaining tribesmen, I was tasked with gathering further information on those who were sent out years ago, the missing tribe, and possible allies. By protecting the Princess I hope to garner enough respect and trust that I may use that to ask the King of Telia for his support in finding my people (see backstory).

Backstory:

If it is true that the princess is being forced against her will into an arranged marriage, would your character still accept the summons?
Yes, but he would be conflicted. The idea that the marriage is against her will goes against his ideal of freedom. However, his flaw is that he would risk too much to see his tribe again so he might find himself with a difficult decision of ethics versus personal gain.

What if the neighboring kingdom is populated by demons?
Pfft, been there, fought that... But seriously, given his back story centered on being hunted by demons and infernals, even seeing his father killed by one, he would see it as a chance for redemption or vindication. He would stand defiantly against them while trying to rally others to his side. It would also be a possible lead on where his people might be, or why they were persecuted in the first place.

If there was a meet and greet, with every monk in the kingdom in the same room, how would Etheer stand out?
Hmm.. this is probably the hardest question you posed. Well, after centuries of persecution his tribes symbol is likely not well known due to going into hiding. The fighting style may be rare as well (Way of Shadow) perhaps even developed by his clan exclusively due to their persecution. He also carries a very obvious trophy made from the demon he killed that was attacking his father.

Why do you want to play the character you have created?
Honestly because I have never played a monk before and I want to see how it goes. As I planned out the character's personality, trait, bond and flaw things just fell into place to create Etheer. Everything felt right and the pieces came together. I think it will be interesting to see how the character grows based on the events you present in the game. Will his morals stand up to the tests or will he be overcome by the world around him? Will the teachings of his tribe continue to guide him or will he allow rage and revenge to over come him?

Last edited by ManicMonky; 01-13-2020 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Formatting, added trinket
Old 01-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
And finished. If you have time I would love any feedback to tweak him a bit.
Torrin is pretty neat. Think about what makes your character unique. What makes this particular dragon-born paladin different from all the others?

Also consider:
If it is true that the princess is being forced against her will into an arranged marriage, would your character still accept the summons? How would Bahahmut feel about that?

Edit: I edited out the part where I thought you would get a feat because I didn't properly remember the dragon-born racial bonuses

Last edited by fancyjellyfish; 01-03-2020 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Question-what would you consider the main stat for a Paladin? Cause I always assumed it was strength, but I suppose there's an argument for charisma.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyDJ View Post
Question-what would you consider the main stat for a Paladin? Cause I always assumed it was strength, but I suppose there's an argument for charisma.
A paladin's main stat would definitely be Strength, several of their class dependent abilities rely heavily on basic attacks and it is expected a paladin would take heavy armor.

But with a free feat up for grabs a Dexterity based paladin wouldn't be hard to build

Last edited by fancyjellyfish; 01-03-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, was just making sure. I assumed as a Tiefling I wasn't in the main stat, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong on that front