twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 08:54 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 640
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
Filling up on paladins... its gonna be close!
Old 01-07-2020, 09:05 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 715
AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ
Many paladins for a friend of the Grummels.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Old 01-07-2020, 09:27 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 480
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
Added in a bit at the end of my background to tie Galvana to Malori.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:15 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 715
AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ AllyDJ
Have also added some at the end of my background to tie Malori and Galvana together

I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Old 01-07-2020, 10:49 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4387
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
@fancyjellyfish

InfamousDasher and I have completed our applications! I was keeping tabs on all of the questions you were asking people in this thread as we were crafting our bios, and was inspired to create a collaborative scene with her that answers all of them in character, while also providing role-play sample! Those that I felt we answered in our regular bios we omit, but I think you will find each of the topics in the dinner date were all reflective of your requested information.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:42 AM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Just for fun and convenience, here's a table of everyone's applications, including the DM synopsis lines.

If I messed up anyone's information, or I somehow missed you entirely, lemme know! Please feel free to use this for the front page if you're so inclined.

PLAYER CHARACTER CLASS RACE SYNOPSIS APPLICATION
TheBoldBaron ? Cleric (Forge) ? Placeholder X
WeBeGoblins ? ? Grimalkin Homebrewed race: Cat X
Touketsu Woodwind Bard (College of Lore) Kenku A wingman through and through X
AllyDJ Malorie Kaleja Paladin (Oath of Devotion) Tiefling One whose seen the light X
Alemar Fern Greentree Ranger (Hunter) Wood Elf Cosmic destiny has her down on her luck X
Dembe Don Qui Fighter (Cavalier) Human Variant His recklessness is matched only by his enthusiasm. X
Wyrom Torrin Yur'gerrik Paladin (Oath of Conquest) Bronze Dragonborn Only Bahamut can judge those he cleans off his blade X
Exfilia Raymond Tierce Fighter (Cavalier) Human Champion of the people X
ManicMonky Etheer Mookstalker Monk (Way of Shadow) Wood Elf Haunted by the demons of his past X
Stadiumite Ritter Quillen Warlock (Great Old One/Pact of the Chain) Human Variant Sometimes mistaken for Sabrina the Teenage Warlock X
GoombaJosh Erk Bargak Fighter (Champion) Mountain Dwarf A miner who packs a major punch X
Mechaniacal Galvana Aruein Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) Aasimar (Scourge) Godless and proud X
Thalric Yahben Hazelstone Warlock (Archfey) Halfling (Stout) A chef whose cooked up something to prove X
Chaos Havik Aeron Mortimer Cleric (Grave) Human Trying to clear the name of the Raven Queen X
Jennifer Amphitrite Rogue (Scout) Tiefling/Elf? The flighty troublemaker/linguist X
InfamousDasher Mistral de Lacy Sorcerer (Storm) Air Genasi With great power comes great emotional turmoil X
Theore Marl "Gravel" of Wadskarn-Schorlgabbro Barbarian (Path of the Ancestral Guardian) Earth Genasi The mountainside that decided to go adventuring X
Crucius Melquiades Macondo Wizard (Divination) Tortle He takes the time to let destiny take its course X
Wishkamon ? Bard Dwarf Placeholder X

I've also tossed up a temp pic of Marl until InfamousDasher has us drawn up. Having an artistic person in your life rules, I'm super envious all the time lol.

Last edited by Theore; 01-10-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 883
Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric
That's pretty awesome, thanks for putting the table together

My application is pretty much done, I'm just getting it proofread currently. I want it to look good
Hopefully it should be ready by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:41 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 738
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Man, I wish I know of an artistic person, searching for the right picture for a very specific character isn't easy.

Neat table though, feels more organized then the one on the front page.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:56 AM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 284
fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Placeholder fixed.

Jennifer - Amphitrite the flighty troublemaker / linguist.
I love the non-standard rogue approach!

Tell me, was she taught the blade or did she just know instinctively how to use one?

and a fun question: Amphitrite is at a masquerade ball with all the kingdom's aristocrats. She recognizes them, but they don't recognize her or each other. Who does she follow and why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theore View Post
InfamousDasher and I have completed our applications! I was keeping tabs on all of the questions you were asking people in this thread as we were crafting our bios, and was inspired to create a collaborative scene with her that answers all of them in character, while also providing role-play sample! Those that I felt we answered in our regular bios we omit, but I think you will find each of the topics in the dinner date were all reflective of your requested information.
I'm very impressed, you really seem to know what your characters are about!

What are Mistral and Marl's greatest fears? and if they asked each other that question would they answer truthfully?
Did either of them have a favorite toy growing up?

Thank you so much for the table, It was so kind of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoombaJosh View Post
Neat table though, feels more organized then the one on the front page.
I swapped it in on the game advertisement.
You can't say I don't give the people what they want

Last edited by fancyjellyfish; 01-09-2020 at 04:57 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Queen of Mischief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4439
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Theore - Very nice table, I like that it links directly to the application post itself (usually these tables are not quite that intensive.) - System won't let me give you reputation again for a while, so... but you deserve some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish
I love the non-standard rogue approach!

Tell me, was she taught the blade or did she just know instinctively how to use one?

and a fun question: Amphitrite is at a masquerade ball with all the kingdom's aristocrats. She recognizes them, but they don't recognize her or each other. Who does she follow and why?
I added "Chapter 1" which describes her going through training at the Ministry of Shadows; an intelligence guild that trains James Bond types. From there she would have learned how to evaluate the worth of objects, how to poison, how to assassinate, self defense classes, etcetera.

However, I also made sure she flunked out - because who wants an assassin that might fall in love with her target? Or a thief that decides she wants to keep the pretty crown jewels for herself? at least if working for the Crown, eh?

I also added a "Chapter 2" to go more into her interactions with the world, her thought processes, etcetera. It is more "backstory" than RP, even though there is a little RP in it.

Chapter 2 also lends credibility as to why the King would send such an individual to accompany his daughter on a journey; as opposed to a grizzled old veteran. While both can be trusted, one would be much easier to dismiss by enemies until too late as not a threat, and has proven loyalty.

Regarding "Amphitrite is at a masquerade ball with all the kingdom's aristocrats. She recognizes them, but they don't recognize her or each other. Who does she follow and why?" that is an interesting idea.

Firstly, Amphitrite probably would not consciously target an individual to follow. She is above all a social creature, as such, she would attempt to infiltrate herself into a group of individuals who are having a lively discussion and seem to be enjoying themselves. (Unless ordered otherwise - even then, I'd give it 60/40% chance she'd get distracted anyway.)

Secondly, given this is a masquerade ball filled with aristocrats, she'd be marveled by the magic decorations, the sparkling dresses, the handsome men in various uniforms, the mundane decorations too (one would be amazed what a skilled artisan can do with paper!).

As such, your answer is probably going to be along the lines of a woman who flits between groups of individuals, attempting to enjoy all the conversations, throwing out flattery like it was going out of style, drinking in all the gossip she can, but ultimately - she'd be following someone in the third rung of society in such an event. (King's family would be first rung; nobles would be second rung; knights, advisers, dignitaries would be third rung; etcetera)
My first born, born male @ 1:43am 11 Jan, 2020 - 7lbs 3oz Luc (Luke) Ignatius (surname)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!
Old 01-09-2020, 05:40 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks you guys! I'm glad you liked it. I'll likely get bored and tidy it up some later too.

@Jennifer: I do love my rpxp - just remember me when you can give it again
Old 01-09-2020, 08:57 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 739
InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post

I'm very impressed, you really seem to know what your characters are about!

What are Mistral and Marl's greatest fears? and if they asked each other that question would they answer truthfully?
Did either of them have a favorite toy growing up?
Updated her bio pieces lol

Her favorite toy would've been a fake princess tiara that she could play dress up in while she spent most of her childhood days stuck in her room~

Her fear is basically abandonment. Being left alone so much as a kid/young adult, and abandoned by her mother, she doesn't want to be alone again. She would be honest about it, but relatively reluctant to admit that she doesn't like to be alone.

Last edited by InfamousDasher; 01-09-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:59 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
@fancyjellyfish

Marl's greatest fear (minus accidentally crushing things underfoot as was pointed out in the collaboration :P) would be to upset the earthen spirits. His ancestors of his subclass are being flavored not as past goliaths (though I might throw that in from time to time), but more the actual essences of the earth itself, so to dishonor them would bring him immense displeasure.

He would be honest about this fear, and pretty much anything else. He lacks both the skill and desire to lie effectively.

As far as a favorite toy goes? Hmm. He didn't have a lot of time to play due to the high expectations placed on him - which is already pretty high for anyone else in the tribes as well. To function, everyone must pull their weight - as much as you can for that matter. With him also having a tremendous birthright, that weight was only heightened. With all of this in mind, play largely involved things like sparring with wooden toys, wrestling, and other fun activities that served a dual purpose: aiding in sharpening their survival skills. He may have had a favorite walking stick or staff, but had outgrown it's size long ago.

On that note, were we required to roll for our trinkets, or were we free to choose?

Last edited by Theore; 01-09-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3668
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
That’s probably a good question... I chose my trinket to fit into Woodwind’s backstory, but if we have to roll for it, I can try and make up its significance on the fly.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:51 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
I imagine it is being left up to our discretion since so far jelly seems to like the trinket stuff you guys have come up with.

Table v2.0 is up! My next goal is having the character sheets that have been provided linked. Getting back into practice using the website code stuff. It's also helping me pass the time in between getting into some games after my year hiatus.

Last edited by Theore; 01-09-2020 at 09:51 PM.