Old 01-10-2020, 12:47 AM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 277
fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theore View Post

On that note, were we required to roll for our trinkets, or were we free to choose?
Follow your heart my friend. You can roll, pick one or make one up. As long as it is a mundane item I will almost certainly allow it.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Thalric Thalric
My application is done and edited into the post that is linked in the table. For easy access, here is another link to the post: Click me!

I hope you like it
Old 01-10-2020, 03:00 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3451
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
I updated my second draft table with your new info, Thalric
Old 01-10-2020, 03:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thalric Thalric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theore View Post
I updated my second draft table with your new info, Thalric
Thank you
Old 01-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 229
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Hi there! This will be my first application (though have PBP & DND'd before ) gonna be tossing in a dwarvern bard for your consideration. Apparently i'm older than I thought because getting to grips with the forum/site is taking me a bit longer than I thought it would, (just spent like 20 minutes looking for character sheet creation XD) but I'm really keen to play! I saw people sometimes put placeholders here for that exact purpouse so..

BOOM! place holder!
Old 01-10-2020, 04:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2547
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
I see a lot of the applicants here have around 500 posts or less, so welcome, each of you, to RPGX!
Old 01-10-2020, 06:53 PM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3451
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
Welcome to the forums, Wishkamon. I have added you to the table on page 7.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:00 AM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishkamon View Post
Hi there! This will be my first application (though have PBP & DND'd before ) gonna be tossing in a dwarvern bard for your consideration. Apparently i'm older than I thought because getting to grips with the forum/site is taking me a bit longer than I thought it would, (just spent like 20 minutes looking for character sheet creation XD) but I'm really keen to play! I saw people sometimes put placeholders here for that exact purpouse so..

BOOM! place holder!
Welcome! I'm glad you're interested in my game! If you have any questions feel free to drop them here or send me a PM. I would be happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalric View Post
My application is done and edited into the post that is linked in the table. For easy access, here is another link to the post: Click me!

I hope you like it
I love it, Meager beginnings and lofty goals.
Here's your question: Does Yahben prefer to serve warm or cold hors d'oeuvres?
Old 01-11-2020, 10:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thalric Thalric
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
Here's your question: Does Yahben prefer to serve warm or cold hors d'oeuvres?
That was a surprisingly tough question to answer I've added my answer to the end of my application right here: Click me!

Last edited by Thalric; 01-11-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:28 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the welcome everyone!! and thanks for adding me to the epic table, I don't envy you GM! XD

Ok, here goes!!

Annabelle Rocksong
Name: Annabelle Rocksong
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Bard
Subclass: College of Law
Background: (Entertainer) Annabelle was raised at an orphanage in Waterdeep. She was found abandoned in a basket alongside a battered old fiddle, and so naturally the instrument -adoringly named Chloe- became her most treasured possession. Annabelle became obsessed with the idea that playing music must be somehow entwined with her destiny and she began trying to learn any Instrument she could get her hands on. Being a dwarf she also felt driven to find out about her clan and learn the history of her own blood, so as soon as she could fend for herself she set off to pursue her destiny, choosing Rocksong as her second name.
She began to busk around waterdeep, fairly unsuccessfully at first due to her unique style of anarchistic-emo-punk-folk (sorry, I wouldn't even know where to begin describing that in a IC kinda way…) She soon discovered two classic dwarven pastimes- Ale and barroom brawling- and threw herself head first into both. She loved talking to other dwarves about their heritage and learning all their old drinking songs. She learnt every folk song she could which had to do with the history of her proud race, absorbing them and then rowdily reciting them from atop a tavern table as the ale flowed, or warbling sad folk tunes beautifully to teary eyed drunks. She would sometimes travel with adventuring parties (usually because she had become enamoured with a handsome and charismatic dwarf) and learnt a few bardic tricks of the trade. When her relationship with aforementioned charismatic adventurers inevitably broke down due to her insecurities, she would return to a life of solo travel between taverns, back on her journey to find her clan.
Physical description: Medium freckled skin and dark gingery hair. Anabelle is heavy and muscular and strong as an ox, with a hefty bosom and calves like tree trunks. Her nose has been broken a few times and her dark eyes peer out above rosy cheeks from a face prematurely aged by hard boozing. Mostly though the wrinkles are laughter lines and her face is friendly and round, handsome enough in a weathered sort of way.
Personality: Annabelle is bold, feisty and friendly. She’s quick to make friends, especially those who are equally fond of drinking or roughhousing. She is fascinated by dwarven culture, particularly its songs and music. Annabelle is self reliant when she needs to be, but she becomes easily obsessed, especially with other dwarves... She can also be quite tender and motherly, taking people under her wing if they remind her or herself in any way and fiercely protecting those she cares about. She is honest, and trusting and wears her heart on her sleeve. She struggles in relationships due to abandonment issues, meaning she can quickly become overbearing and paranoid. Loves her instruments like people and drinks her money as soon as she earns it.
Ideal: I will follow my musical destiny to discover my clan and their history!
Bond: I have an on/off destructive relationship with another traveling dwarven bard that I keep running into on my travels by the name of Connor O’dally,
Flaw: I can be a bad judge of character.
Why?: Annabelle wants to explore every corner of the map and learn it’s history through their songs. She knew this would be a perfect opportunity to investigate an area she would never otherwise be able to access, and while she knew that many brave and more qualified adventurers would probably be applying she couldn’t resist the opportunity to try. She has been writing and performing songs about the royal family’s history in every tavern and bar in the city in hopes of getting noticed and upping her chances.
yeah, but like... why?: I’ve been writing obsessively and exclusively about my sneaky, mean, untrusting, untrustworthy tiefling rogue for a long time and I need to try something on the other end of the scale! I think playing Annabelle will be fun in a different way, reckon I can have a good laugh with her but also develop some interesting relationships

Last edited by Wishkamon; 01-15-2020 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:29 PM
Custom Titled

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1863
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue

Last edited by Blue; 01-15-2020 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:36 PM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishkamon View Post
Thanks for the welcome everyone!! and thanks for adding me to the epic table, I don't envy you GM! XD
I'm happy I keep getting amazing character submissions like this!
Riddle me this; Have you picked a or an instrument yet? Because there are many options, for example Battleaxe.
When she goes vinyl at will Annabelle's first album be titled and what are the first 3 tracks called? Would Annabelle start the mosh pit or join it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Gotta love the rogue sociopath. I really enjoyed the nifty formatting.
If Deric had to choose between losing his arms or his legs, which would he pick?
What does Deric need to achieve before he is satisfied with his position?

And you are both added to the list
Old 01-11-2020, 09:49 PM
Custom Titled

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1863
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Quote:
If Deric had to choose between losing his arms or his legs, which would he pick?
He'd try to haggle for only one leg or one arm. Failing that, he'd give you someone else's legs and complain every step of the way what a crippling deal this is. Failing that, he'd try for one of each. Failing that, he'd give his legs and return home as a scarred war hero and make arrangements for peg legs to fashion into the likeness of straight legs. He'll spend most of his days on a seat, vying for political power as a corrupt government administrator and make a fortune.

Quote:
What does Deric need to achieve before he is satisfied with his position?
If he feels he's running the whole show, or at least most of it, he'll get himself comfortable. He doesn't need to have a high profile nor visible position for this to be the case.
One thing that could strain his ambition is having too much heat on him or if the risks are otherwise too great to make a move. He tries to be careful and would rather not risk everything he's gotten so far if the gain/risk ratio is unfavorable.

Last edited by Blue; 01-11-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:04 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6833
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Tobin a peuro Sorkel (meaning child of Sorkel)
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Monk
Subclass Way of the open hand
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Acolyte (or custom background of Hermit Acolyte if allowed. The proficiencies from hermit but feature from acolyte)

Description: Tobin stands at around six foot tall and at first glance is fairly average to look at, he is of average build neither particularly skinny or particularly fat, well that is what the eye first sees when some one looks at Tobin. He is infact a natural weapon his body perfectly built for combat purposes. Tobin seems to have little or no body fat on him what so ever and every single muscle is perfectly toned, though not to such an extent that he is obviously muscly or that his muscled have become oversized and would hinder his movements.

right-aligned image
The condition of Tobin’s body however usually remains a mystery as most often it is completely hidden by the loose fitting robes or garments that he wears. At most times this outfit consists of a soft soled pair of flexible shoes, a pair of light grey trousers that are tight at the ankle though loose up the rest of the leg, a simple rope is tied round the waist to act as a belt and the outfit is finished off with a loose hooded grey shirt. Again like his body Tobin’s face at first glance is rather average, though on closer inspection Tobin could be considered to be rather good looking if in a somewhat delicate way. Tobin’s facial features are far from what could be described as burly and could actuallly be called rather refined, his eyes are bright and seem full of life being a light blue in colour and his hair blonde and kept short and unstyled, though despite this fact it never seems to grow messy. Facial hair wise Tobin never seems to have any whether it is due to a strict regime of shaving or perhaps he just doesnt grow any.

Equipment wise Tobin does not seem to carry any armour or wear any weapons bar a sturdy metal quaterstaff. This staff is finely crafted and is most likely Tobins most valuable possesion. This staff is either carried or strapped on his back beside a well worn pack that contains Tobin’s few possesions.

Personality: Tobin is a faithul, dedicated and kind hearted soul. He is highly religous and his life is ruled by the tenants of his faith, he follows the rules of his religion strictly but only wavers if a poor innocent soul could get hurt by his actions. Tobins general attitude is pleasant and polite, though through training in the monastery he has learned to control his emotions, he generaly allows his positive emotions such as happyness and enthusiasm to be shown while negative emotions such as anger, hatred and the like to be supressed. In fact it is a very rare thing to see Tobin raise his voice in anger or lose contorol and swear.

In battle Tobin is fearless and is somehow able to remain in a state of calm no matter what the danger, he worries not for his own life in battle but may become concerned if his friends, companions or innocents get put in harms way.

Tobin sees the best in people and likes to imagine them as the best as they could possibly be, this often works out badly for Tobin as he is often disapointed by peoples words and actions though it has never dented Tobins faith in people and he just keeps on trusting no matter how many times he gets lied to, decieved or betrayed. Tobin also does not believe in deception and would never intentionially tell a lie or cheat anyone not even his enemies, this goes for battles too as Tobin believes a battle should be a fair fight, this somewhat explains Tobin’s dislike for long-ranged weapons as he see's these as an unfair advantage and believes a man should have faith in his own abilities and rely on his own strengths. These same feelings extend not only to long-ranged weapons but to the more offensive schools of magic such as evocation and the like which he also feels give a man far too much of an unfair advantage in a battle and allows the wielder to almost cowardly hang back and bring their foes down from a distance.

The one quality that Tobin despises in others is cruelty and it is a trait he stands up against when ever he sees it in another, this is mostly due to the fact that cruelty is the complete opposite of the fabric that Tobins entire being is based on. Tobin himslef is kindhearted to a fault, he hates to see others suffer so much so that he would willingly suffer in there place. If Tobin was starving and he met a stranger who was also starving he would give away his last piece of bread to the stranger rather than eat it himself. This generousity is often tested on Tobin’s travels whenever he runs into a begger who undoubtedly is able to seperate Tobin from his coin. Also having had a sheltered life growing up in a monastry Tobin’s experience with the opposite sex is limited, he can at times act rather awkward around women and is also rather easily manipulated by women, particularly if said woman claims to be a damsel in distress. Tobin has rather chivalrous ideals and would go to great lengths to protect a lady.

Traits: -
  • I have spent so long living in the monastery that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.
  • I try to be polite in every situation even with my enemies. I am tolerant of everyone except those who seek to do harm to others.
  • I have an unshakable faith in the inherent goodness of people.
Ideals: -
  • Charity I always try to help those in need no matter what the personal cost.
  • Aspiration I try to better myself each day in an attempt to reach true spiritual enlightenment.
Bond: -
  • I owe my life to the Sorkel Monastery who took me in and raised me when I was born.
  • Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw: -
  • Compulsive Honesty - Tobin was taught while growing up that lying was a sin and this concept is so ingrained in the young monk that Tobin can not help but tell the truth even in situations where a slight white lie would be beneficial. This can result in Tobin coming across as rather blunt though his words hold no malice he is merely speaking the complete truth as he sees it. Tobin is also ill suited for any form of deception or guile.
  • Trusting - At his core Tobin believes that all people have the capacity for good and due to his own aversion to lying Tobin is far too trusting and the thought that others might be lying to him does not even cross his mind. Tobin is also quite naive and inexperienced with the social complexities of life outside the monastery.

Backstory: Tobin was born on the door step of the Sorkel Monastery of the Order of the Sacred Ones, his mother was a young priestess who had been travelling far from her home and had somehow found herself pregnant and alone in the desolate region where the Sorkel Monastery was located. The young priestess only just managed to make it to the door step of the monastery before collapsing with exhaustion, the monks and priests of the monastery then found her there and took her in. That same night she gave birth and the following morning she died. The monks were then left with the namless baby boy and no clue where his mother had came from. Having no other option the monks took the poor soul in and raised him as one of their own and named him Tobin. Tobin grew quickly and had rather sheltered upbringing in the monastery, he was far from alone however as the monks had begun commonly adopting orphans to raise, so Tobin grew up with friends he cared for and wise teachers he respected. It was not long before Tobin began to learn the ways of the order, both thier beleifs and their way of life and he truly became one of them. He soon discovered he was a natural at the defensive martial art that the monks learned there so that they could better protect the innocent.

When Tobin reached the age of thirteen he was already becoming a promising monk, both wise beyond his years and formidable in combat, though along with this came a trusting nature and perhaps he had become far too trusting and naieve and perhaps out of touch with the true realities of life outside of the monastry. It was at this time also that two new orphans were brought to the monastry, they were older than what was usual for the monastry to take in as one was a girl only a year younger than Tobin and the other a boy a year older than him. Tobin soon became friends with the new kids and took to showing them around the Monastery and eagerly passed on all the knowledge he knew, he soon found he was spending all his time with them and with Ellie the younger girl in particular with whom he was beginning to feel increasingly close to. One night Tobin was awoken by Ellie who told him she needed to show him something, outside the main gates. It was against the rules to leave the building at night but Tobin was persuaded by Ellie that it was important and as he was trusted by the elder monks he knew where the keys were kept for the entrance so he fetched them and headed outside. No sooner than Tobin had unlocked the door his whole world was turned upside down. Ronan the boy of a year older suddenly came rushing out of the shadows and before Tobin even realised what was going on Tobin felt a dagger blade plunged into his back. Tobin dropped to the his knee's gasping in pain, he looked up and stared into Ellie's eyes "Run and get help...." he whispered but Ellie merely took a step back and shook her head before looking timidly across at Ronan.

"Go fetch the Boss" Ronan spat at her and as commanded Ellie ran out into the darkness to fetch 'the boss'.

Tobin looked up at the boy who he considered his friend and spluttered "Why"

The boy laughed and spat back "You have stuff we want, and this was the only way to get inside" he then lunged forward and lashed out with a powerfull kick he slammed his foot into Tobin’s chest and everything went black for Tobin.

The next morning Tobin woke up in a bed his wounds wrapped in bandages, that night the monastery had been raided by a gang of thieves and a number of the priests and monks had been badly wounded and what little possesions the monks had had been stolen. Tobin confessed that it was his fault for unlocking the door but he was merely told that this was the way of the world sometimes and that it was nobodys fault and they should just be thankful they still had their lives.

Three years later Tobin left the monastery and took to travelling the lands to see if he could understand what the world out side was like a bit better. He was now 16 and quite the compotent warrior and able to take care of himself. He had not travelled far when he stumbled across the worst the world had to offer, he had walked to a small town a place that seemed completely alien to him when he heard the cries of a terified girl. Taking off at a run he sprinted down a set of narrow allyways homing in on the sound of the terrified cries. It was not long till he found the source, a young girl about his own age had been cornered down the dead end of an allyway, her face was bruised and her clothes half torn off of her. Around her greedily three young men pushed her against the wall and clawed at her like wild beasts. Tobin stepped forwards and drew the staff that he had strapped to his back and commanded in a confident voice. "You will release that girl this instant"

The three attackers spun round and focussed their attention on Tobin. The middle one grinned and drew and small crossbow from his pocket while the other two drew crude daggers. "Well if it isn't the little monk... so you lived after all" he taunted.

Tobin calmly looked back into his attackers eyes recognising the face of Ronan. "Ronan long ago you wronged me" Tobin began calmly "For that I have long ago forgiven you, for my life remained and for that I thanked my blessings" Tobin then shook his head and sighed "But what you are doing now is an unforgiveable sin and I can not forgive you."

Ronan laughed "Idiot, you don't understand do you! Your outnumbered and I have a crossbow on you. Your gonna die here...." Ronan spat as he raised his bow up and fired.

Tobin however burst into motion as soon as this happend, dodging to the left the bolt sailed past the right side of his face, the quarter staff in his hands then sprung upwards and each side of the weapon lashed out connecting hard with the two dagger wileders before they even had chance to react, Ronan was then leveling his crossbow once again ready to fire the killing blow as Tobins hands shot off the staff and balled into a fist before it connected hard with Ronans wind pipe, he gasped in pain as he fought for air and was then too distracted to avoid the quaterstaff that came crashing down onto his head. Tobin paused and looked at the scene infront of him, the three attackers were on ground and the girl was trembling in fear. "I am most sorry this had to happen to you," Tobin exclaimed as he removed his shirt and handed it over to the girll "here wear this and I shall take you somewhere safe" he said holding out his hand.

Years have now passed since Tobin began his journey to learn about the world outside the monastery, he has learnt much but his beliefs remain unchanged, he wanders the land in hope of finding goodness and still believes he can find it in everyone he meets though he has often been disapointed.

Role Play Sample:

Tobin sat legs crossed with his hands gently resting on his knees, his eyes were closed and his breath slow and controlled seeped slowly in and out of his chest. Slowly the sounds within the small room began to sharpen and focus inside of Tobin’s head. In particular the sound of feet pacing back and fourth across the smooth floor could be heard. Slowly Tobin’s eyes opened as he focused on his friend who was nervously pacing back and fourth. Today was the day of the Sorkel monasteries final exam, and the small room that Tobin now sat in was currently filled with a number of young monks. The test had been going on for the last few hours and the prospective monks had just endured three long hours of written examination on religion, ethics and morality. Soon would come the practical part of the test and Tobin could see his friend was obviously anxious. Slowly a smile crept onto Tobin’s lips as he watched his friend.

“Brennan please sit down, I very much doubt you will gain extra marks by polishing the waiting chambers floor with your feet” Tobin declared calmly.

Brennan came to a sudden stop and looked down at Tobin as he ran a hand through his long dark hair. “Tobin how can you be so calm?” The boy pleaded “You realise this decides if we become full fledged monks don’t you?”

Tobin smiled and slowly nodded his head “I do” he replied “But I also know staying calm under pressure is part of the test” the young monk initiate added.

“Oh….. I should just give up now then” Brennan sighed hanging his head in defeat.

“Come join me in meditation, it helps….” Tobin continued as he was suddenly cut off.

“Initiate Brennan room two, Focus practical assessment. Initiate Tobin room four, advanced combat practical assessment” A loud booming voice commanded seemingly out of nowhere.

Slowly Tobin took one last deep breath as he reached out and pushed himself up off the cold hard floor. He then reached out and gripped his friend firmly on the shoulder as he looked him directly in the eye.

“Well looks like were up.” Tobin commented. “Best of luck and I’ll see you when this is over” Tobin continued allowing a slight grin to come to his lips.

“Umm yeah…..” muttered Brennan as he tried to compose himself.

Tobin smiled at his friend one last time and he then turned and confidently strode over to the sturdy wooden door marked with a large metal number four. Reaching the door Tobin paused, a large rack filled with sturdy Quarterstaffs had been arranged next to the door. Tobin reached out and tested the weight of a couple of the staffs be fore he selected one, removed it from the rack and held it at his side. Tobin then reached out once again this time aiming for the handle of the door. This time however Tobin’s hand closed on empty air as the door swung open seemingly of its own accord.

Tobin paused once again, the room behind him had suddenly seemed to have fallen completely silent and the doorway in front of him was nothing more than a black void. Tobin studied it for a few seconds but his sight could not pierce the darkness. Tentatively Tobin put a hand out and plunged it into the darkness. His hand passed through with ease but apart from that there was nothing, no sensation in the slightest. Tobin withdrew his hand then taking a deep breath he stepped forwards venturing into the unknown. There was the briefest moment of nothingness, a complete void of either sight or sound and then Tobin found himself in a large stone room.

Tobin did not have time to take in his surroundings fully however as immediately after he entered the room he found himself assailed. A great hulking beast was upon him. The creature easily topping seven foot tall lashed out at him with a huge two handed sword which it wielded in viscous clawed hands. Acting on mere impulse Tobin leapt backwards and the blade narrowly whistled past mere millimeters from his flesh. Tobin silently gave thanks for his fast reflexes as the Troll as the hulking green beast unmistakenly was lunged forwards bringing its sword crashing down as it aimed to cleave Tobin’s skull in two. Again acting on instinct Tobin gripped both ends of his staff and raised it high above his head. The sword hammered down upon him, smashing hard into the staff. Tobin felt the muscles in his arm cry out in pain under the force of the blow yet somehow he managed to hold his staff aloft.

Despite the sudden attack by the powerful beast Tobin still remained calm. He had also begun to analyze his opponent. The trolls attacks while powerful and very deadly, to Tobin they almost seemed slow and predictable. These two facts he could use to his advantage. With a sudden explosive burst Tobin straightened his arms, throwing off his attacker’s blade. Now was Tobin’s chance to use his greater speed to its full advantage. Pivoting his hips Tobin thrust his right hand forward while pulling back with his left. His staff arced forwards and collided hard with the side of the Trolls face giving a satisfying Thwack! Tobin wasn’t finished there however; as soon as his staff connected he was spinning round once again. Turning so he now had his back to the Troll Tobin swept his staff round and lashed out backwards this time slamming hard into the Trolls stomach though to Tobin it felt more like he had struck a stone wall. Despite two good hits the Troll seemed completely unphased. In fact it was drawing its sword back ready for another swipe at Tobin. Seeing this Tobin knew he had to act. Jumping up Tobin kicked out and pushed himself off the wall he was now facing. The sudden straightening of his legs gave Tobin enough of a push to bring his legs up and over his head so that he flipped over backwards over the top of the Troll and landed on his feet behind the Trolls back. Tobin then wasted no time in taking advantage of the opportunity. With a rapid series of thrusts he slammed his staff repeatedly into the trolls back. The beast then swung round dragging its huge sword in a large sweeping motion. Tobin watched the blade getting closer out of the corner of his eye as he brought his right leg up. He then kicked out with all might connecting hard with the Trolls chest as a sickening crack echoed around the stone room. Suddenly the Troll crumpled and collapsed in a messy heap on the floor. Tobin then raised his staff up high pointing one end down at his foe incase a killing blow was need to finish this fight.

“Ha!” a sudden laugh escaped Tobin’s lips as he looked down upon his foe. Lying there in a heap was nothing more than a mere wooden mannequin with a large wooden sword and a large crack in its chest. “I should have known….” Tobin thought out loud “Nothing more than an animated object veiled in an illusion” Tobin smiled. “Well I hope I got good marks for the first part of the test, let us see what is next” he declared as he stepped further into the large stone room ready for whatever the test would throw at him next….

OoC
Why: Tobin is a wanderer who seeks to do good and offer aid wherever he goes. He was simply in the right place at the right time when the summons was sent out however the prospect of protecting a princess does appeal to his sense of chivalry.
OoC Why: Tobin is an old favourite character of mine. I have attempted to play him on a number of occasions however unfortunately the games he has been in all eventually fell through or ended. I enjoy the roleplaying opportunities that Tobin provides. His innocence and naivety is fun to play particularly when there are contrasting characters (or NPCs) to Roleplay with.

Quote:
Now, if Tobin had to plan and decorate the Homecoming dance, what would the theme be and how would it be decorated?
(I’m not American so not too familiar with a Homecoming dance and Tobin would be even less so)

First of all you have made an incredibly poor choice in who to let organise a social gathering. Tobin would be absolutely clueless but would fall back on what he knows. He would put on a martial arts display for entertainment and there would likely be some kind of sermon at some point during the night. The food and drink would simple but healthy and their would likely be absolutely no alcohol whatsoever.

As for a theme Tobin would likely not realise that a dance is supposed to have a theme nor would he particularly decorate the venue. As the event is described as a dance he would likely be content with merely hosting it in a large building with a big floor with some plain wooden tables for food and drink.

Quote:
Tobin walks into a pub, what does he order?
Water! ( or if he is feeling exotic some other non-alcoholic beverage such as a fruit juice or milk). This is not only due to the beliefs of Tobin’s order but due to the fact that he has an incredibly low tolerance to alcohol and ends up getting himself in trouble if he ever does end up drinking anything.

The Order of the Sacred Ones
Description / Background of Tobin's Order - The Order of the Sacred Ones

Tobin belongs to an ancient religous order known as the Order of the Sacred Ones. This order does not venerate one single deity but accepts followers of any benevolent deity that has an ethos that is compatible with it’s own. Ilmater however is one of the more widely worshipped deities in the order. In addition to the gods however and the reason for the order’s name the order also venerates a collection of divine spirits known as the Sacred Ones. These spirits were once mortals and champions of their faiths (or the cause of good itself) who reached spiritual enlightenment and upon their death rather than choosing to pass on they decided to remain on the mortal plane in order to watch over and protect the living. It is the goal of the order to emulate these acts and reach spiritual enlightenment of their own so that the spirits may rest as a new generation takes their place.

Beliefs of The Order of the Sacred OnesBeliefs of the Order

-You should be thankful of what you have, everthing you recieve is a blessing from the gods.
-All life is Sacred and no life should be wasted, though if a life of an innocent is in danger those strong enough to protect it should do so with their lives.
-The human(oid) body is a sacred blessing and should be looked after, it should not be poisoned with excessive food or drink and certainly no drugs.
-All men (whether they be human, halfling, dwarf ect) are brothers and should be cared for as family.
-Kindness should be freely given to all (especially to those in need or who are unable to help themselves)
-Anger, hatred and greed are poisons of the mind and should be purged from the body like any other poison.

Places / Activities of note

The Sorkel Monastery The Sorkel Monastery is located on the borders of the Kingdom of Telia. It is in a rather remote location and is a spiritual retreat for the training of priests and monks of the order. In recent years an orphanage has also been added to the monastery. The current head of the monastery is father Jacob Jarler.

The Church of Sister Tala A small church of the order of the Sacred Ones located in the Capital city of Telia.

Sanctuary Orphanage An orphanage run by the Order of the Sacred ones in the capital city of Delis.

Serene Pastures Plantation A large farm ran by monks from The Order of The Sacred Ones. The crops produced go towards both feeding the faithful but also to be given to those in need.

People KnownRonan: - A boy a year older than Tobin who was brought into the Sorkel monastery as an orphan at the age of 14. Tobin soon became friends with Ronan though he was eventually stabbed in the back by Ronan (litterally infact) when it was revealed Ronan was actually working for a gang of thieves who had targeted the monastry. Ronan stabbed Tobin and left him for dead on the floor of the monastry. Three years later Tobin met Ronan again when he caught him in the act of attacking a young girl along with two accomplices. Tobin intervened but Ronan attempted to shoot him, however Tobin managed to subdue the attackers and hand them over to the authorities. Ronan's last known where abouts were in the hands of the authorities in jail.

Ellie: - A girl a year younger than Tobin who was brought into the monastry as an orphan at the age of 12. Ellie and Tobin became friends and formed a close bond. Ellie eventually used this relationship to manipulate Tobin to unlock monastry which allowed a gang of thieves she worked for to raid the place. Ellies last known where abouts are unknown.

Tobin’s Mother: - A young priestess of unknown origins, carrying little upon her person to identify her little is known about her. Her attire and equipment however did suggest that she was fairly wealthy. She died shortly after giving birth to Tobin at the Sorkel monastry.

Tobins Father: - Nothing is known about who Tobins father could be.

Head Priest of the Sorkel Monastery: - Father Jacob Jarler is the head priest of the Sorkel monastry, he is an elderly human with a kind face, his hair has long since gone white and he now walks with the aid of a staff at all times. Father Jacob is both wise and intelligent and has a great capacity for kindness. He is the father figure of the whole monastry and is greatly respected and looked up to by all of the priests and monks alike including Tobin. It was Jacob who started the practice of taking in orphans and he has had more than a hand in the upbringing of Tobin.

Tobin’s Master / Trainer: - Brother Ernest served as Tobin’s, mentor, trainer and direct superior. It is from Ernest who Tobin recieved the most of his training. Tobins relationship with Ernest is probably the closest thing Tobin has resembling a father son relationship and as such Tobin is eager to please and make Ernest proud of him.

Tobin’s Best Friend: - Brennan another pupil of Brother Ernest is Tobin’s closest friend. Only a few months difference in age, both are also orphans with Brennan’s parents having been killed by a bandit attack on a merchant carivan. Brennan took the monastery’s final exam at the same time as Tobin though unlike Tobin he did not pass first time and was not able to graduate at the same time as Tobin to become a full Monk. As such when Tobin began his travels Brennan had to stay behind to take his exam again the following year.

Last edited by Alatere; 01-14-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
I'm happy I keep getting amazing character submissions like this!
Riddle me this; Have you picked a or an instrument yet? Because there are many options, for example Battleaxe.
When she goes vinyl at will Annabelle's first album be titled and what are the first 3 tracks called? Would Annabelle start the mosh pit or join it?
Hah!! fantastic, you could really do some shredding with that!!

Ohhh, that's a fantastic question!! lets see...

The albulm will be called 'Within a mile from home"

It's a collection of traditional dwarvern drinking songs and folk ballads

1)Punch drunk grinning soul - a song about drinking and fighting.
2)From the mountains of Yehimal - a traditional ballad about one of the first known dwarvern settlements.
3)Haela Bless my Axe, Hanseath bless my Brew - a song about drinking and fighting.

As for the mosh pit... I reckon much in the same way as a barroom brawl, she's not likely to innitiate it, but as soon as there's even a hint of some jostling going on she'd be straight in there!!

I think it's probably also worth mentiong that while she enjoyes a good scrap in the tavern, in actual battles she'd be more inclined to take a support roll- it's a different game when weapons are involved!

Last edited by Wishkamon; 01-12-2020 at 04:02 PM.