RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 08:02 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1197
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
Ravnica: Reconstructed

Ravnica: Reconstructed
Always Recruiting! New Guildmates Welcome!
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeUrban Adventures and Mysteries
FlavourEpisodic action, adventure, and mystery solving across Ravnica's 10th district.
Plot SummaryIt has been four years since Nicol Bolas invaded Ravnica with his army of Eternals. It has been four long years since the God-Dragon fell, four long years since the City-Plane of Ravnica was exposed to countless planeswalkers, countless other cultures from across the multiverse. It has been four years since Niv-Mizzet claimed control of the ancient Guildpact, and set about reworking Ravnica's ancient laws to better fit this new era. It has been four painful years of tallying the dead and living alike; families - torn apart, friendships - ripped open and tossed aside, and all who live in Ravnica left mourning the impossible pain and destruction wrought upon them. It has been four harrowing, tear-stained years of rebuilding businesses and homes alike, putting everything back into place, brick by blood-stained brick. It has been four years of loss, pain, mourning, and fresh resolve to face a new future.

And in those four long years, for the upper echelon of the guilds, things are well. Business is returning, people have recovered from the shock and terror of the undead horde they fought. The guilds have entered an uneasy state of peace, allowing themselves to work together to fix what has been shattered. Niv-Mizzet has proven a far more capable Living Guildpact than whatever blue-clad idiot was running the place before, and what few issues the guilds have with each other are quickly resolved. To them, all is well... or, at least, as well as can be expected.

To everyone else living in Ravnica? Things have never been worse.

The shadowed alleys are filled with bandits, thieves, and worse. The Undercity has been overrun with monsters, from wild Simic experiments to Rakdos fiends and beyond. Even the "nicer" neighborhoods of the city are still trouble, with Azorius and Boros lawbringers trying far too hard to keep everyone in check. And in the midst of all of this, the lower ranking members of each guild are stuck trying to put everything back together, often competing with each other to rebuild in their guild's particular style. Ravnica is healing, but each part of the city seems to be healing in a particular guild's direction... and all of this is happening whilst strange occurrences are going on. Rumors fill the streets of bizarre creatures in the Undercity, beyond the Simic's purview, and more terrible than the Golgari could reanimate. Tales abound of the Gruul becoming uncharacteristically silent, with no raids having happened over the last four years. And worst of all, hushed whispers of still-active Eternals flow through the darkest corners, fears billowing up from the shadows of another invasion.

It is in this era that you are to make your mark, and lead Ravnica through its rebirth and unto a new age. It is here, and now, that you will rise to glory among your guild. But will you rise and overthrow the old ways, or keep true to your guild's traditions? Will you stand tall among your peers, guiding them into victory... or will you step over them to achieve even greater magnificence? Only time (and your choices) will tell, and only one thing is certain in this new age of healing and rebuilding.

Ravnica must be Reconstructed.
Meta-stuffThis will be a multi-party game set on the plane of Ravnica. If you don't know what Ravnica is, I highly suggest you look it up, it's a huge setting ripe with opportunity for games. Seekr34 has a good summary from the official page later in this thread, but if you need a tl'dr...

Ravnica is a massive steampuck city-scape, in which the majority of the planet is covered in urban landscape. Ten massive guilds control the entirety of the city, and recently, the city was put under an interplanar invasion by the God-Dragon, Nicol Bolas. This game will be set four years after that invasion, with the player characters aiding in the reconstruction efforts, and discovering unpleasant plots and schemes that would put the city in jeopardy... again.

Every party in this game will be comprised of characters belonging to a specific guild, for a total of ten separate parties. Each one will go through their adventures in an episodic manner; quests, investigations, and battles regarding a single event (or couple of events), then a rest period, and repeat. These will eventually expand to join up parties into larger adventures that involve multiple guilds, and may even involve adventures that span the entirety of the city.

Player: Character Race & Class Guild Application Status
Elanir Aoran Aasimar Wizard Azorius Senate Accepted!
Inuyash255 Ordin Vedalken Cleric Azorius Senate Accepted!
gjf2a Auran Aasimar Paladin Boros Legion Accepted!
voodoozombie Rachel Human Warlock Boros Legion Accepted!
Theore Djentry Wight Ranger Cult of Rakdos Accepted!
Bifko Baba Goblin Sorcerer Cult of Rakdos Accepted!
Fairman Casimir Human Bard Cult of Rakdos Accepted!
Xalnaga Alborz Ardashir Minotaur Fighter Gruul Clans Accepted!
delpinator Nerikrana Wood Elf Cleric Golgari Swarm Accepted!
triedtherest Severin Half-Elf Warlock Golgari Swarm Accepted!
Ambrose Carrion Wood Elf Ranger Golgari Swarm Accepted!
Seekr34 Zenuvir Kuoneiros Elf Druid Selesnya Conclave Accepted!
Dechado Okarto Viashino Druid Simic Combine Accepted!
Mystotter Kitrill Vedalken Scientist Simic Combine Accepted!
Boltz Nordas High Elf Rogue House DimirIzzet League Accepted!
DanshiiwithWulfs Syrena Vampire Warlock House DimirOrzhov Syndicates Accepted!
taleteller50 Harlok Half-Elf Rogue Orzhov Syndicates Accepted!
Jim Faindel Dyvae Vampire Paladin Orzhov Syndicates Accepted!
swordplay82 Victoria Human Wizard Orzhov Syndicates Accepted!

Last edited by hjohenson; 01-17-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:22 PM
a false dichotomy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 941
Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax
What exactly would you like us to include in our character applications? Thanks!
Old 01-07-2020, 09:34 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
Edited those in! I'll continue editing more stuff into the post as we go, and more questions come up. Thank you for your interest!
Old 01-07-2020, 09:39 PM
a false dichotomy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 941
Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax Naturax
Great, thanks! I'll get started on mine.

Oh, and I meant to ask: when are applications due?

EDIT: Withdrawing interest.

Last edited by Naturax; 01-09-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:41 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
There's no deadline, at least not right now.

Considering the large-scale nature of the game, I'm going to keep this as an on-going recruitment for a while, at least until we have enough members for each guild.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:04 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2875
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
hjohenson is there information on the guilds or are we making them up?
Old 01-07-2020, 10:31 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
Guild information has been added; additional information can be found here.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:45 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2875
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
thank you. I'll have think about what I can pull together
Old 01-07-2020, 10:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 411
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Definitely interested will try to pull something together
Old 01-08-2020, 01:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
left-aligned image
Nerikrana Caerdonel
Name: Nerikrana Caerdonel

Race: wood elf
Class: cleric of life
guildgolgari
Story: nerikrana currently works as a reclaimer gathering bodies and disposing of those that are unneeded for reconstruction efforts. This is the job his father has done and his father did before. The cycle will continue with his son after him or so is repeated by the elders.
Rumors:
true I take some of the corpses I find to study rather than to be reclaimed or disposed.
false I take lives that have yet been finished to meet the quota required of me.
false my mother was human though fled after childbirth to hide this fact from the clan
personality traits:
I'm easily provoked and lash out when I'm upset. I have accepted death as a part of the cycle and have no fear of dying.
ideals: Meddling in the affairs of other guilds is a great way to get squashed like a bug.
bond:I am forever grateful to the reclaimer who found me floating facedown in the sewer, moments from death
flaw: I feel a need for revenge against those who enjoy the privilege of living above ground.
I have allied with Chrinibos a medusa who is stationed in the guildhall.

Last edited by delpinator; 01-10-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:22 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3452
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
>Phew! I just finished my 3rd application. I feel quite content with this and think this is a good stopping point for me!
>Sees this thread, igniting my planeswalker spark

sonofa...

You just HAD to do this to me, Johenson!
Old 01-08-2020, 01:55 AM
Less Brave, More Insane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5029
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Hi there! This sounds so rich with potential!

Any indication on how long each episode will last? And all published WotC material ok for class/subclass?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 166
triedtherest triedtherest
Are Drow allowed?
I'm thinking of a Drow Golgari Warlock.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:37 AM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
It brings me great joy to know that I'm being maligned for creating interest and igniting sparks, as it were.

Episodes will generally last for two-three weeks, ideally. Each one will be akin to an IRL session, with some part rolling into your guild's main mystery to solve/villain to defeat... and, of course, there will be plenty of time to RP your character's place in the guild, how they're helping the reconstruction, and for you to follow your character's personal goals, as well.

Drow are allowed, but only as Golgari.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:06 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 124
Dechado Dechado
Heya! This definitely caught my interest, especially since we're starting with Level 1 characters.

Are Tabaxi or Lizardfolk allowed? Didn't see them there. I just tend to have a preference for monster races ahahaha...
If not, I am more than fine with playing a Tiefling.

Last edited by Dechado; 01-08-2020 at 05:06 PM.