RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-08-2020, 04:58 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
Lizardfolk are allowed! They're flavored as the viashino of Magic: the Gathering lore, who are all over the outskirts and waterways of Ravnica. I would love to see what you come up with!
Old 01-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
This looks very interesting: Minotaur Druid incoming...
Old 01-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
W.I.P

OOC – Anyone else want to join me in Clan Feroze?

Gruul - Minotaur Battle Master
left-aligned image

Name: Alborz Ardashir
Race: Minotaur
Class: Fighter – Battle Master
Role: Flesh Tank / Front line controller
Guild: Gruul Clans – Clan Feroze (New Minor Clan)

Back Story:Story: Ardashir is a head strong minotaur with scars from his mistakes, mistakes which he learnt from every time. He is by no means infallible and knows all too well disappointment and pain. The war taught him many things but not as many as his father who was killed in the war with a glorious death. His father was a hard man who respected strength and strength alone, but strength needed to be tested and proved. The only time Ardashir remembered receiving a smile from his father was after he killed the beast which spilled his father's inners to one of the streets in the city during a skirmish. He died with a smile on his face... a smile for his son.

As a newly minted Alborz (Meaning “High One” or Clan leader) Ardashir had things to prove, mainly that he is worthy of the title. He had always had ambitions to birth his own clan. He had strived hard to earn that honour. All he had to do was simply to survive. To make the Gruul Clans look plentiful anyone who thought they could lead and prosper were given a clan leader title and sent off with the blessings of Borborygmos. Ardashir himself was gifted four goblins to help him start out but that was all. The four goblins were a testament as to his battlefield experience some would be leaders were giving a blessing and a handshake.

He and clan Feroze was sent to the western districts with one brief "Build a power base"

Ardashir was sick of the pathetic state of the Gruul clans and their despirate hope for chaos. He would give them something like in the ancient times he would give them purpose. He would try his best to recreate the wilds or create something new for the Gruul to rally behind. First his clan would grow then...

Last edited by Xalnaga; 01-09-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2782
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Zenuvir Kuoneiros
Race: Elf (Subrace: Silhana)
Class: Druid (Subclass: Circle of the Moon)
Guild: Selesnya Conclave
Backstory: Selesnya Ritualist
Personality Trait: I am more comfortable talking to animals than people.
Ideal: Tradition. The ancient traditions of the Selesnya and their spirits must be maintained.
Bond: An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.
Flaw: I am slow to trust those outside of the Selesnya.
Story: Zen grew up in the forest like most of his kind. He loved the forest and nature. His father already knew what guild he would bring his son to, but his mother persuaded her husband to wait. “Let the boy choose on his own, if you push him or even force him, he may rebel, and it will cause problems. The way he is, it looks like he’ll pick the right one anyway.” So, he let the boy decide when he was ready.

As he gotten a bit older, he had been spending most of his time in the forest, to him, it was home, it was paradise. Then one day he was in the forest, like always, enjoying the beauty and peacefulness. To him, there was nothing better. He had met people and some had hidden agenda, here, while some animals may be dangerous, he understood them, people, you just don’t know until you get to know them and sometimes, that can be too late. He then heard a commotion. He went to the sound and saw three men, a dead fox and a dead wolf. A dryad was lying on the ground and looked hurt. The three men looked upon the female with lust in their eyes and one of them reached down and started to tear her clothes off when he suddenly arched his back, stiffen and then sank to his knees, then fell forward. The other two turned and saw Zen aiming his bow at them. “Leave!”
The two men looked at each other and the one with a shield stood there and raised it. The other man stood directly behind him, then they charged. Something flew into the man, a spear and the man’s eyes widen in shock as he fell, the other man was also shocked and Zen looked to see a centaur and when the man moved, whether to run or charge, no one knew but Zen wasn’t taking a chance and let fly another arrow, downing the man.

He quickly went to the dryad who looked a bit bruised and not fully coherent. The centaur, a female, took her spear and cleaned it. She turned to see the other two and watched. The Dryad looked up at the elf and said, “Take me to Vitu-Ghazi.”
The centaur then kneeled. “Take her and climb on, I’ll take you.”
Zen knew it was easier that way, so he hoisted the girl on and then got on himself and they headed to Precinct Three. On the way there, they introduce themselves. The centaur was named Daiva, from the Gruul Clan and the dryad managed to them her name which was Willow, she belonged to the Selesnya Conclave. When they arrived at the Precinct Three, they went north. The dryad told her story while she was checked on and examined.
It was there when Zen got to know the full information of the Guild. Daiva had thought about leaving Gruul and joining the Selesnya since it was more peaceful. But most of her kind were in the Gruul clan. The three shook hands and the centaur left. Willow thanked Zen for saving her and kissed him on the cheek. After an hour of talking, he decided to join the Conclave. His parents were members already, he knew that. He just had to do it on his own. The Guild seem to stand for everything he liked.

Not far away was a friend of Zen, a fellow silhana elf, named Chodi. He always liked Willow, but she didn’t like him romantically and here was Zen, the first time the two met and the girl took to him. He shook his head and went off towards home

Rumors: #1: Rumor is, he's actually a shapeshifter, once you chase him into a forest, you will never find him until it's too late as e appears in another form.
#2: It's been said five men were destroying the forest, hunting for pleasure and threatening a dryad. The men were found dead in a circle.
#3: Rumor has it that he trusts animals more than people, when someone tells him something, he takes it with a grain of salt, but when a wolf tells him something, he believes is wholeheartedly.

Last edited by Seekr34; 01-10-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
OOC: I prepared two characters, dependant on what the party requires. ^^

OOC: Lemme know what I should change or improve. I am quite excited for this campaign.

DM of: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Adventures (Currently Recruiting)
The City of Endless Arenas (Always recruiting)

Last edited by Dechado; 01-09-2020 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Ein Úlfur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6326
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Vampire Warlock
left-aligned image
Name: Syrena
Race: Vampire (Ixalan)
Class: Warlock (GOO patron), possible Dark Arts Player CompanionVampire Bloodline Sorcerer multiclass if allowed
Guild: House Dimir, Operative (Orzhov Front, or possibly a guild that has lacking players? )
Story: Curious. Cunning. Competent. Cold. Syrena works in the shadows, using her considerable skills and power to further her position in her hidden guild, and satisfy her many... proclivities. She loves the thrill of the hunt, the thrill of discovery, and the thrill of being free to do what she wished, when she wished it. However, Syrena's greatest drive is the desire to be feared. The vampire sees that goal achieved through Dimir, with her at the upper echelons of the heirarchy. She had no desire to rule, though; to her that was a tedious responsibility; though the power that comes with it continues to tantalize and tempt her.

In the light of day - when it's not too hot, of course - Syrena is the happy-go-lucky ward of an ostentatiously wealthy vampire by the name of Garrus Koz. The white-haired, flamboyant old bachleor is a well-known member of the Orzhov Syndicate; less-known is that he also is a member of the Moroii, of House Dimir and is Syrena's recruiting agent. Recently there have been coded instructions to infiltrate left this vague deliberately to fit any plans the DM might haveone of the guilds in order to obtain as much information as one could about their next moves and plans for the reconstruction. Intelligence gatherer was a role Syrena played often, though she loathed as much as enjoyed it; it was simply too hard to control her base impulses at times. As she pursued leads under the cover of night and one of her many false identities, Syrena discovered the secret messages and runes pertaining to a mysterious entity from another plane. Egged on by the mystery as well as the possibility to find new power, the vampire stumbled upon a name, and was elated to discover she could acquire powers she had never before imagined. Those powers came from a shadowy, nightmarish being known as Ashiok.
Rumors

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 01-09-2020 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:36 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
Alborz - Dear god, I love this giant monster. I would love to see how he builds up his clan, and see if they can bust down Borborygmos's control of the rubblebelt! The rumors you gave were pretty good, too, though I kinda need to know which one is the true one. :P

Also, his goblin followers wouldn't be more than role-play fluff right now, but once he hits Renown 3 with the Gruul, they'll become his personal entourage.

Valrai & Okarto - I love both of them... it's gonna be hard to choose which one to invite in! I suppose we'll have to see which other guilds get the most attention, and go from there. Either of them would be great to have, and I can see stories developing around them.

The other two unfinished elves definitely need to be completed, but I'm really eager to see what comes of them. I'd like at least one character per guild before we begin, so the whole story can really unfold from there!

Ninja Edit: I made unmanly sounds upon seeing Syrena. A Vampire Warlock? YES PLEASE.

Last edited by hjohenson; 01-08-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:51 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Hey hjohenson

Thanks for your initial thoughts. I've added the True and False like asked. I originally didn't really mind.

I understand that the goblins will be just fluff, just figured that a clan of one is stupid
Old 01-08-2020, 10:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2583
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
@DanshiiWithWulfs oh you are here and already came up with amazing stuff
Old 01-08-2020, 11:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I seriously thought about taking a vampire, I usually play dhampirs on Pathfinder. 5e does have a dhampir, but it's homebrew. So I decided to go with Ravniva races instead.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:42 PM
Ein Úlfur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6326
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
It's my first!
Old 01-09-2020, 01:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
For those that has no idea about Ravnica and guilds, here's a general idea...

From the book: D&D Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica: Ravnica, City of Guilds, The Plane of Ravnica adapted to Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition Introduction: Ravnica's vast, worldwide cityscape is a patchwork of grand halls, decrepit slums, and ancient ruins, with layer upon layer
of stonework—and guild maneuverings. Of the world's countless civic centers, one looms large above all others: the City of Ravnica, a metropolis so vast that its name has long since become synonymous with the entire plane. It is here, amid the mazes of streets and towering
Gothic spires, that Ravnica's guilds vie for power. Each of the ten guilds has mastered two of the five colors of mana, resulting in dramatically different cultural identities and functions. Constant schemes, battles, and competition takes place as the guilds all vie for power. Collectively, the guilds of Ravnica have ruled the plane for 10,000 years. The power of each guild had been kept in check by an ancient and magical agreement known as the Guildpact. In recent times the Guildpact's magic has been reestablished in the form of a living being: Jace Beleren.
However, unbeknownst to the peoples of Ravnica, Jace has gone missing, causing the magic of the Guildpact to wane.

This I got from the internet;
avnica's vast, worldwide cityscape is a patchwork of grand halls, decrepit slums, and ancient ruins, with layer upon layer of stonework—and guild maneuverings.

Of the world's countless civic centers, one looms large above all others: the City of Ravnica, a metropolis so vast that its name has long since become synonymous with the entire plane. It is here, amid the mazes of streets and towering Gothic spires, that Ravnica's guilds vie for power.

Each of the ten guilds has mastered two of the five colors of mana, resulting in dramatically different cultural identities and functions.

The military guild of Boros (red-white) believes righteousness is fire, shining with the light of justice. The dragon-led Izzet (blue-red) fuses elemental magic and technology, making its members the undisputed masters of innovation.

The exclusive members of Selesnya (green-white) honor selflessness, nurturing, and spiritual congregation—while outsiders see them as brainwashed nature cultists. The death-worshiping Golgari guild (black-green) controls a vast undead army and labor force in the city's underbelly. Secretive House Dimir (blue-black) fuels ghost stories of necromancer advisors, phantasmal assassins, and black horrors slithering in the sewers.

Orzhov (white-black) is a rigid hierarchy of pomp and ritual, slaves to deals and coin. Gruul (red-green) is the guild of beggars, gangs, and raiding parties, all driven by base urges and instinct.

The Azorius Senate (white-blue) are the primary lawmakers on Ravnica, in contrast to the demon-led Rakdos (black-red), who delight in thrill-killing and pleasure-seeking. Amid all this politics and chaos, the researchers of the Simic Combine (green-blue) work industriously to maintain nature, even modifying it to survive.

The power of each guild had been kept in check by an ancient agreement known as the Guildpact. But as this agreement dissolves, conflict once again flares.

This link shows leader of each Guild and a tidbit about them: https://magic.wizards.com/en/story/planes/ravnica
Old 01-09-2020, 08:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3651
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Hello hjohenson,

This looks like one of my RPG dreams come true! Only, I'm a bit strapped for free game slot availability...

Could you elaborate a bit more about posting rate expectations? I noticed you said "posting one to three times daily", does that mean you expect players to post daily, as well?
Old 01-09-2020, 10:54 AM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
Seeker, thank you for that summary!

Strange - Yes. I'd like players that can post at least once per day. If you're full on games, I'm fine with once every two days or so, so long as your party doesn't mind going a little slower. I'll be posting as much as I can, whenever I can.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:07 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6932
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
I always love massive multiplayer games with a little political intrigue. Count me interested.