Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4353
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
This would be so much less sad if I didn't already apply with the character I would legit love to have here in another game. ;_; Anyone ever played the same person twice at the same time?? Haha

If someone wanted to play an undead human that isn't a vampire, more like a zombie, what would we use in your campaign?
Old 01-09-2020, 05:45 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
I've played with the same character in two campaigns before. It's just tricky keeping both versions of the same person separate. :P

Also, the Dark Arts Player's Companion has rules for playing undead characters. For the record, most of the stuff in here is also allowed in this campaign; it's just some really well-designed work.

Also also, I've added a list of the character applications and their status to the main post, along with more details on how the campaign will run.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:58 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Hey thanks!

Also for informations sake, I noticed dwarves, halflings, half orcs, and gnomes were missing from the racial list. Do you have some rules for them and their guilds?

Last edited by Theore; 01-09-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohenson View Post
Valrai & Okarto - I love both of them... it's gonna be hard to choose which one to invite in! I suppose we'll have to see which other guilds get the most attention, and go from there. Either of them would be great to have, and I can see stories developing around them.
Thank you! ;A;

DM of: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Adventures (Currently Recruiting)
The City of Endless Arenas (Always recruiting)
Old 01-09-2020, 06:26 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5149
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
I love Ravnica, and the style of this game sounds quite amusing

I've got to warn you first that my post-rate has been abysmal due to work as of late, but I'll still work on an app in case you need an extra hand around
Old 01-09-2020, 07:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2782
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I played a same character in different games at the same time. I have a file shelf for my character sheets, the top starts with 1st ed, the the bottom is pathfinder. I only made a mistake once, I used a spell in the game and the others said awesome spell and then I was thinking, I don't remember this spell in this game, then I looked and realized I grabbed the wrong character sheet. LOL

Never played Ravnica before, should be interested.

Last edited by Seekr34; 01-09-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2583
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Nordas
Race: High elf
Class: Rogue (Arcane trickster)
Guild: House of Dimir (Izzet league)

Story after a run in with house Dimir and a cleaning of memory Nordas works in the house with a doubt on his missing memories. Working in the front of the Guild trying to steal information from the Izzet league so that no artifacts or magics can be developed to counter House Dimir's espionage.
Rumors:
1. Some mouths have been babbling and they say that Nordas has connections in another guild. The bold even say his loyalty is not with the Izzet league.

2. Nordas seems to be inmune to any kind of memory magic. It encourages some in the guild to test while others try to not encounter him.

3. Nordas wants to uncover the truth behind the guild and it's intentions. He is delving too much into the guild and is always looking for it's secrets.

Last edited by Boltz; 01-10-2020 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:40 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
@Theore: Dwarves, halflings, and gnomes sadly do not exist on Ravnica. Twas not my decision; it's part of the canon of the setting. I could pull some planeshifting loopholes, but I'd really rather not bring planeswalkers into this game... at least, not yet.

@Jim: hey, no worries. Like I told Seekr, I like seeing my players post at least once per day to keep things going, but I'm willing to let that slide on occasion, as long as the game isn't bogged down.

@Boltz: He even looks like a spy. I love him!
Old 01-09-2020, 09:42 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6932
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
-Name: Harlok Zenfier

Race: Half-elf
Alignment-Neutral
Guild: Orzhov Syndicate

Description: Harlok is an average height male human with a slight build and average features. With short black hair and a goatee to match. Harlok always tries to stay as presentable as possible using what small means he has to stay clean and well groomed. He carries himself with a sense of pride and dignity that beguiles his current social standing within Ravnica society.

Personality:
Quick with a smile and a compliment, Harlok tries to be friendly with almost everybody. It doesn't always work but he tries his best anyways. He talks with the people around him, listening to their stories and learning everything he can; sometime even giving advice like a trusted confidant. Harlok is a planner, always thinking before he acts and deciding how to best solve a situation. Fortunately Harlok is quick witted enough that these plans don't take too long to be thought up.

History:
Born of an elvish woman and human male from the Selesnya Conclave who found a home with the Syndicate after they were exiled from their original home, Harolk is the last of a line of siblings; the only one who was not sold to others to pay for the foolish nature of his father. Eventually Harlok's father got in too deep with the Syndicate and went missing himself, leaving Harlok and his mother to do what they could to survive. Eventually even this wasn't enough as Harlok's mother eventually died during the battles four years ago leaving Harlok all alone to make his way within the Syndicate. It has been tough, forced to do any small job for the guild which effectively owns him, but slowly Harlok has proven himself to finally be given the position of Enforcer within the guild. Now he must climb the ladder of Orzhov so that he can prove himself a better man then his disappointment of a father.

Rumors
1- Two ancestor spirits within the syndicate have taken an interest in Harlok. One with a hatred of Elves and the Selesnya Conclave who want's nothing more then for Harlok to fail while the other has taken a liking to him, interfering with the machinations of the first.
2- Harlok is in a semi-romantic relationship with a woman named Jessica who was charmed by the boy and who has assisted Harlok to move up the ranks of the Syndicate in exchange for certain 'nightly favors'.
3- Harlok is actually a spy from the Selesnya Conclave who is planning on stealing from the Syndicate to finance rebuilding of his real Guild's lost homes.

Last edited by taleteller50; 01-10-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:57 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
@hjohenson

I learned something today! I actually legitimately didn't know that. I could have sworn I had seen some tiny race people in some of the Ravnica cards at some point, but I have been wrong at LEAST once before.

So far I am leaning towards a zombie guy or a half-elf for the Rakdos, but there are so many good choices - but that resource for dark stuff you linked me might have sealed the deal.

I believe your game has caused me to fail a willpower save. I just love the guilds so much.

Last edited by Theore; 01-09-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:04 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
@taleteller: I like him! An Orzhov enforcer looking to climb the ranks and show up his folks. Nice!

@Theore: Who knows, they might've existed in the way earlier editions. *shrug*
As for your character... I'd say a Rakdos Undead would be AWESOME. We've got plenty of elves already, and an undead cultist just sounds like an excellent adventurer!
Old 01-10-2020, 12:41 AM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
That sunlight sensitivity on undead though...I can't imagine it being very fun to play with disadvantage that often. The Wight would be the closest thing I have in mind in the sources you provided.

I'm basically toying with trying to convert my WoW Undead Hunter into something over this way, if I go the Rakdos route.

Last edited by Theore; 01-10-2020 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:14 AM
Ein Úlfur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6326
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Woohoo for Orzhov!

The Rakdos seem fun too, until you're their intended sacrifice.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:20 AM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 932
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Penning interest for an Izzet weird. Ill have it up by the end of the next week.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:25 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1044
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest

NAME: Severin Mucosin
RACE: Half-elf
CLASS: Undying Warlock (Pact of the Tome later)
GUILD: Golgari Swarm
DESCRIPTION: While he is still a young half-elf, his exposure to undead influences has started to both age him and make look like a well preserved corpse. His long dark hair is beginning to go grey, his skin is starting to wrinkle and his flesh to appear atrophied. He moves like an old person would, careful and deliberate with every action.
PERSONALITY: Strangely calm and fatalistic, he knows how all life ends, but he is making plans to avoid that fate!
STORY Most people lost something in the troubles of four years ago, Severin lost everything he knew except for his life. The Mucosin's were a small family (just Severin and his parents) and lived in an insignificant Golgari mushroom farming community underground. It wasn't much, but they were all relatively safe, sheltered and fed, nobody went hungry. It was his world. That world came to an end one eventful day. The community had felt tremors in the cavern floors and walls for several hours,but nobody thought much of it.
"It's just Izzet doing experiments, or Boros on another one of their "initiative's", nothing to concern us!"
They were proved wrong when the ceiling collapsed, killing many of them and trapping Severin's leg. The rest were killed later by creatures that were beyond anything they knew or had heard of (Severin only survived by dragging the bodies of his neighbours on top of him and pretending to be dead). Severin was eventually found by the Elf Lich Nahraz, a distant ancestor of (and later patron to) Severin. The Lich taught Severin to channel the raw energy that powers it's phylactery, and has been subtly attempting to steer his protégée towards eventual Lichdom himself.
RUMOUR/SECRET
1) He's researching various forms of undead, both as a way of getting cheap labour and as a means of avoiding death himself, maybe even a way to bring his parents back.
2) He looks undead because he's cursed! He must have fed on the flesh of his own family after they died, the monster!
3) Those weren't his parents that died, he's a clone of the Nahraz the Lich! That's why it took him in and protected him!

Last edited by triedtherest; 01-12-2020 at 05:05 AM.