RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-10-2020, 07:23 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5149
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Dyvae Wahlgren, the Bloodletter
Race: Vampire
Class: Paladin of Conquest
Story: For a thousand years, Dyvae's soul had belonged to the Orzhov. The eternity of her ancestors' dreamless slumber denied to her, she toiled under the Obzedat's will like a mindless slave, slaughtering whom they pleased, seizing more souls to fuel their unending greed, and forever thirsting for the sanguine sacrament they withheld from her once proud heart. Her body, her mind and her very sense of self had been completely, and utterly conquered by the ghost council. That was, until the day Kaya arrived.

As the eternals rampaged through Ravnica so did the Bloodletter, imbibing on the life of those who had chained her for so long. She reveled in her feast for ten days with their nights in a blissful and frenzied ecstasy, until the Karlov matriarch came to her uttering the name of her liberator. A pact was sealed between them, with the once again proud Dyvae Wahlgren no longer a servant, but a paladin devoted and indebted to her Guild-Master alone. With Kaya's blessing, the vampire would seize freedom back for the undead who'd suffered beside her, and serve rebuild the Syndicate into something much greater than it ever could have been while burdened with the sins committed through millennia.

Rumors: Hushed voices and weary silences always precede such conjectures, yet over time rumors were born that as part of their deal, the Bloodletter had embraced Teysa Karlov and cursed her with the kiss of vampirism. There is also talk underneath the high vaults of Orzhova, the Church of Deals, of a former slave enamored by the Guild-Master, and willing to cull whomever stands in her way to the top of the hierarchy as she seeks to stand as her equal and conquer her heart. But the truth often isn't as romantic. The one rumor that has spread of Dyvae that could be said to hold truth, is that every day at the break of dawn, along the rites of her paladin oath, the Bloodletter rends her own flesh in order to restore the mark of an Orzhav slave upon her immortal and ever rejuvenating body, for reasons she's never once disclosed, and that very few would dare to inquire.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 01-10-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:26 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
@Theore: okay, fireworks are allowed, simply because that character idea sounds god damn amazing. XD

@Jim: Wow. Approved. Very nice!
Old 01-10-2020, 08:48 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohenson View Post
@Dechado: Awesome! An IRL friend is thinking of joining with another Simic character, so you two can have fun being mad bio-scientists

DM of: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Adventures (Currently Recruiting)
The City of Endless Arenas (Always recruiting)
Old 01-10-2020, 09:18 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4353
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
Ravnica: Reconstructed Character Application - Jens "Djentry" Haakendal
left-aligned image
Name: Jens "Djentry" Haakendal
Race: Wight (Human)
Class: UA Revised Ranger (Beast Conclave)
Guild Rakdos

Story: Dazzling pyrotechnics, spectacular beast handling, and jaw-dropping feats of acrobatics and athleticism - this is how you would describe Djentry's way of life; and death. Fueled by an insatiable desire to bedazzle and bewilder matched only by his contempt for the insignificant rabble of Ravnica, Jens thrived off of the drooling admiration of simpletons and nobles alike. They are all one in the same when showering the troupe in coin and praise, but perhaps the most lucrative payment they offered was their own distraction. Forcing a blind eye through entertainment allowed for all manor of opportunists to take advantage of their marks, and Djentry was only too happy to delight the unwitting prey.

Having met his untimely (but completely unsurprising) end during a botched performative explosion, Jens later awoke to find his body mangled, his bones exposed, eye sockets hollowed, and lower jaw completely missing. With this new form of unlife relieving him of the ultimate gamble of truly death-defying acts, Djentry had only one thing to say when he finally picked his necrotic form up off of the ground.

"The show must go on..."

Though existing as a wight had been a boon in certain areas, it had proven a challenge in others. Jens found himself at a fraction of his capabilities since the fiery incident, and needed to learn how to maneuver about in his new body. To further dampen his routine, Djentry's loyal animal companions had suffered the same grisly fate. Thus he'd made it a personal mission to gather up whatever remains he could scramble together of each beast with the intent of raising a nightmarish creature to once again perform beside him. Until he achieved the mastery of his prior presentations, he would just have to hone his crafts however he could, at whatever costs it took.

Rumors
1. There is speculation as to whether or not Djentry's death was an accident, suicide, or even homicide.
2. Whisper on the street is the deranged man has powerful ties with the Dimir.
3. During one of Jens' early performances since awakening as a wight, a particularly vehement audience member caused a tremendous scene by repeatedly interrupting to rant and shout obscenities. It is said after the show Jens found the man wandering the streets past dark, tore off his own putrefied arm, and beat the offender to death with it before stitching it back on.

Last edited by Theore; 01-11-2020 at 05:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2782
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Ok, my character is now completed. Seems I was last, but I wanted to know more about Ravnica before I did his story. The PDF file I have just gave the basic info. I got the book today and with more understanding of it. So...it's completed.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:51 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5149
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
That Ravnica book is an absolute gem for DMs, even if just to steal ideas from

Also, nice! Time to get this party going!
Old 01-10-2020, 11:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2782
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
yeah, the book is great for both DM and players
Old 01-11-2020, 01:30 AM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
@hjohansen

Compact and sweet seems to be the way of applications here, and with that in mind, I do believe Djentry is ready to join the ranks - complete with custom MTG card, because I couldn't help myself.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:35 AM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9296
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin

Last edited by Gaijin; 01-12-2020 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:39 AM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
@Theore: dear god, I love this crazy man. I 100% support his new undead cause, and I wish him the best of luck in his next shows. :3

@Gaijin: A feline Simic hybrid... I'm intrigued, my friend. Can't wait to see the story you concoct for them!
Old 01-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Excellent! Just point me where I need to go to get the dice rolled and flesh out a couple questions with you.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:19 AM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
Game is here:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18398

For anyone else who's interested, this will be an open recruitment game! You're still welcome to jump in and play with us, just post up your application here!
Old 01-11-2020, 01:11 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9296
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohenson View Post
@Gaijin: A feline Simic hybrid... I'm intrigued, my friend. Can't wait to see the story you concoct for them!
That placeholder didn't quite give the impression I was going for. Just needed a bit more time to put together a more representative image.

Should be able to fill in the rest of details and story this evening.

Last edited by Gaijin; 01-11-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 346
Bifko Bifko Bifko Bifko
I'd like to get in on this. I still need to make a sheet but I'm curious if this character fits the world.

Name: Baba
Race: Goblin
Class: Sorcerer

Story: Baba is a young sorcerer, about twenty years old, and has found employment at a loungebar attached to a dance club with ties to the cult of Rakdos.
He's a friendly chap, especially with paying customers, and dreams of running his own establishment some day.*

Baba has about seventeen brothers and sisters, so he's learned the value of money and has developed a strong sense of independence early on. He was a real street rat, a charming and friendly small time grifter, known by all around his neighbourhood.
He was happy go lucky and generally well liked. Still, he wouldn't have amounted to much had he not developed an affinity with magic. It just came naturally to him when he was about sixteen years old.

It gave him the confidence needed to dream bigger, and make a name for himself. The question now is: can he skirt the edges of the clan to propel him into riches or will he get sucked in too deep into the mad jaws of the bloodthirsty cult?

Rumors:
False rumor 1: He cares about your story when he's working. (He's a master at listening intently, and laughing exactly the right amount when you're telling it though.)
False rumor 2: He's the most honest bartender this side of the cathedral.
(He could write a book on 'Sneaky Things Bartenders Do To Rip People Off'.)
True rumor 1: He's been getting friendly with the bosses wife.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:42 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
As a Cult of Rakdos member, yes! He'd fit in pretty well! I can see him being dragged into some adventures, wanting nothing more than to return to his normal job while explosions and murder happens around him.