Notices

Old 01-11-2020, 02:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2721
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
No one likes mad scientist

Everyone wants to be part of a cult, recycle corpses or scam people out of their money using religion.

Join the Izzet league we are the Tru reconstructers of Ravnica....

Or you could join more cunning things.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:32 PM
Crazy Otter on the Loose

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1571
MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter
I'm a friend of HJ, I'm going to be playtesting a homebrew class of his creation. Any feedback will be most welcome.

Character AppName: Kitrill (also goes by Kit or Doc)
Species: Vedalken
Class: Scientist(Doctor)
Guild: Simic

Appearance:
Kitrillís skin is the color of robinís eggs while her eyes are a deep shade of indigo. She stands tall with a lithe frame. Often she is seen wearing the green and blues associated with the guild.

Personality:
Kitrill is an idealist that is always looking for the best in someone\something and pulling in out into the forefront. She believes it will be science that will Ravnica into the future, not magic. Magic is restrictive, it is what binds the guildpact and what Bolas uses to rain his destruction onto Ravnica.

Background:
Kitrill is from an area that is known as The Scar. It is a large canyon where the city was built vertically into the cliff face. It was one of the areas that people fled during the war between the guilds. Sadly, it never seemed to recover and reminds one of the poorer areas of Ravnica. There is very little guild presence there with Simic having the strongest hold. Golgari being the second, and mostly there to clean up the mess that is left by Simicís experiments. The rest of the guilds have very little reach there, maybe a building or two. Diseases seem to spread easily through this district, and the Simic clinics are always too few and too full to treat everyone in need.

From this petri dish of disease and death formed a Simic clade, one that focused on the micro instead of the macro. Kitrill is the third generation of her family to join the Simic as students under the elf Aralee. Aralee saved Kitrillís grandmother, which later compelled her to join the guild.

Kitrill enjoyed studying under Aralee and learning about the microscopic world. She truly believes that researching diseases sheíll be able to create cures and bring the world closer to utopia. All of the pain and suffering left in a diseases wake is something that needs to come to an end.

After Bolasí invasion, Kitrill was brought to District 12 to aid in the recovery of Ravnica. Being in the city center is a strange sensation for Kitrill, it is so much different than The Scar. So much more life and diversity. Often she can be found in one of the Simic clinics helping the sick or in her research lab.

Rumors:
  1. True, but doesn't realize it: Discovered something that could eliminate all Ravnica life
  2. False: Is an emotionless drone
  3. False: Enjoys flower arrangements in her spare time

Connections:
  • Aralee - Kitrill looks up to her as a mentor
Old 01-11-2020, 04:32 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Fairman Fairman Fairman
Indeed, this is the decision we all have to make one day, isn't it? Become a honest, productive member of society... or join a totally-not-evil cult and watch the world burn!

Personally, I'm thinking of joining either Izzet or Rakdos. I knew nothing about the Weird, but after reading their lore, I'd say they look like an AMAZING race to RP as. On the other hand, I see that the current Rakdos team suffers from a distinctive lack of barbarians, which must be solved post-haste!

I actually have one question, though I can't tell if it was already answered somewhere else in the thread: will you be using feats in this campaign?

Last edited by Fairman; 01-11-2020 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:47 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
Yes, we will be using feats. They can be taken in leiu of an ability score increase, as per the PH.

and honestly, if you're still on the fence, I'd recommend Izzet. I'd like to give the mad scientists their own mission, rather than drop the only Izzet player in with another group :/
Old 01-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6635
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
I havenít had any experience with the ĄRavnicaď campaign setting, but have just bought the book and am eager to give it a try. This is my application for you to consider, hjohenson.

right-aligned image

Name: Aoran
Race: Aasimar (Protector)
Class: Wizard (Abjurer) / Lawmage
Guild: Azorius Senate - Order of the Sphinx (Lyev Column)

Story: Even in the city-plane of Ravnica, home to countless different and wondrous races and the place where some of the multiverseís most powerful practitioners of magic are encountered, the pairing of a Celestial being with a human is something considered extremely rare. For an Archon, a being utterly devoted to order and the law, to choose a high-ranking judge of the Sova column of the Azorius Senate as his soulmate is something that has happened only once. The union of the two gave birth to twins, a boy called Aoran and a girl named Aori. Their fatherís legacy and the upbringing they received from their mother made them eager to join the Azorius academy and devote themselves to magic and the law, hoping to make their parents proud. In the middle of the chaos that ensued in the aftermath of the god-dragonís invasion of the city, the honorable judge Velani took her own life, without leaving behind a clue to justify or explain her actions. Though heartbroken, her children stayed at the academy with the intent of honing the skills that would allow them to uncover the truth behind the tragedy.

It has been merely a few months since the twins finished their studies and were finally deemed ready to serve the Azorious Senate. Aoran, forgoing his dream of joining the Sova column to follow his motherís footsteps, became a lawmage of the Lyev column to better bring justice and compassion to the streets of Ravnica. Where most lawmages are eager to punish the guilty, Aoran is more concerned with protecting the innocent and seeing that the victims receive the reparations they are entitled to. In this he is loyal to the ways of the Order of the Sphinx, believing that a crime is an unlawful deed and not merely an unlawful thought. His sister, also a lawmage who does not however share his convictions, has above all else studied the magic of the school of divination to better detect those who would disregard the law and harm society. She follows the teachings of the Eyes of Baan, something that is sure to make the siblings clash in the future.

Rumors:
1. Archon Marhaaniel, father of the twins, has completely disappeared after his spouseís death. He is rumored to reveal himself to his children once more only if they prove themselves capable of finding out the truth behind Velaniís death. [true]
2. The two siblings are believed to be secret lovers, having joined different factions of the Azorius Senate (Order of the Sphinx and Eyes of Baan) just to keep up appearances. [false]
3. Aoran is said to be incredibly wealthy, having access to his departed motherís secret hoard. [false]
Old 01-11-2020, 05:46 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
You, my good sir, are a top-tier player. Interesting character, great backstory, ties into pre-campaign events and current dealings, and gives me some plot hooks to use! Fantastic, and accepted!
Old 01-11-2020, 06:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 592
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
I'm happy so many people are applying. This is going to be the biggest game I've ever participated in. o.O
So exciting!
Old 01-11-2020, 06:38 PM
Fox Lad

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 124
Ambrose Ambrose
Hawkers! I made a Boi! Look, he's silly and edgy!
Character Application
Name: Carrion (The Ferryman)
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger, a gloom stalker in training
Guild: Golgari Swarm (Poses as a guide, in both senses of the word)

Last edited by Ambrose; 01-12-2020 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:43 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
what a good edgy boi. I approve!~
Old 01-11-2020, 09:48 PM
Internet Abjurer
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4387
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohenson View Post
As a Cult of Rakdos member, yes! He'd fit in pretty well! I can see him being dragged into some adventures, wanting nothing more than to return to his normal job while explosions and murder happens around him.

For the record, I actually wanted to apply with an Azorius character more than anything as they are my favorite, but that guy is currently waiting for acceptance into another game. Rakdos is on the lower end of my favorites list, but this might be one of the only acceptable places to play my zombie boi.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1715
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairman View Post
Indeed, this is the decision we all have to make one day, isn't it? Become a honest, productive member of society... or join a totally-not-evil cult and watch the world burn!
The World will not burn on Golgari's Watch!

No, the world will be far too soggy to catch fire.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:17 AM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
For the record, the biggest game I've ever run on here was over a decade ago. It had around 30 solo campaigns going at the same time. it's why my post count is so ridiculously high. :P

This game will be fairly large, but I'm looking forward to the challenge! I can only hope we get more players for the less represented guilds, so we can have a truly full party traversing the campaigns of Ravnica.

Last edited by hjohenson; 01-12-2020 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
30? WOW! I just finished a game on here that lasted 5 years. It was awesome! Better than 1 week to 2 months where 90% of the games I'm in last before it becomes dead.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:02 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5149
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohenson View Post
For the record, the biggest game I've ever run on here was over a decade ago. It had around 30 solo campaigns going at the same time. it's why my post count is so ridiculously high. :P

This game will be fairly large, but I'm looking forward to the challenge! I can only hope we get more players for the less represented guilds, so we can have a truly full party traversing the campaigns of Ravnica.
I was gonna ask about it, for a while I thought you used to be among the crowd who asked for negative xp when that was a thing

But yeah, over time, I am confident on the other guilds' ranks filling out
Old 01-13-2020, 12:04 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltz View Post
Join the Izzet league we are the Tru reconstructers of Ravnica....
Yes, make no mistake. Between our incredible civil engineering feats and the leadership of our magnanimous and illustrious dragon lord, it is truly the Izzet League who runs this city 😁

Iíll have an app up before the end of the week.