Old 01-13-2020, 01:07 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 411
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucius View Post
Yes, make no mistake. Between our incredible civil engineering feats and the leadership of our magnanimous and illustrious dragon lord, it is truly the Izzet League who runs this city 😁

Iíll have an app up before the end of the week.
yeah like, literally we are the ones reconstructing ravnica
Old 01-13-2020, 01:24 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 166
triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltz View Post
yeah like, literally we are the ones reconstructing ravnica
Hey! What about the efforts of Golgori? Are we chopped liver....!
...hmm! Liver! *drools*
Old 01-13-2020, 01:24 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Fairman Fairman Fairman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucius View Post
Yes, make no mistake. Between our incredible civil engineering feats and the leadership of our magnanimous and illustrious dragon lord, it is truly the Izzet League who runs this city 😁

Iíll have an app up before the end of the week.
Do you mind sharing your character idea? I'm also making an Izzet nerd, but I'm torn between two concepts - either wizard or barbarian/fighter. If your own character is more magically inclined, I can go for the martial concept or vice-versa.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:34 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 411
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Hey! What about the efforts of Golgori? Are we chopped liver....!
...hmm! Liver! *drools*
You are many more chopped things
Old 01-13-2020, 02:30 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5108
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Do not fret, young golgari

All are equally disgusting in the eyes of the Orzhov faith, yet no one's tithes shall be refused
Old 01-13-2020, 02:52 PM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3451
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
A sudden ear-shattering explosion rings out within the lobby. The cultist awkwardly looked about at the others, both hands depressed upon a lever over a cartoonish box labeled "TNT" in black, dripping font.

"Oh sorry...were you folks still talking? You people were putting me to sleep over here - which is impressive. I've not slept in months. GwuahaHAHAHAHA!"

Last edited by Theore; 01-13-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:40 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4235
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
I've been lurking this thread for a bit now, and I think I'm gonna have to toss my hat in. This seems like fun. =D

App
right-aligned image
Art by Wesley Burt
Name: Ordin Gance

Race: Vedalken (Azorius)

Class: Cleric (Order) or Bard (Lore)

Story: Ordin is a member of the Azorius Senate. His 'story' is doing deskwork, filling out forms, writing bills, stamping laws, and being successful at cramming bureaucratically-heavy and ultimately-frivolous policies into the lawbooks. In this new age, under new guild-management, he finds himself at a crossroads. On one side, the Order of the Sphinx is eager to remove (what Ordin considers) valuable obscurity and esoteric mysteries in the law. On the other, Ordin was never much a fan of Dovin Baan. Arrests over thought-crimes never seemed like the spirit of his guild. Surely they can go back to the days before the Living Guildpact, before the necessity of emergency-power overrides, back when the Azorius Senate nudged Ravnica in the orderly direction, one policy at a time.

New Prahv"Who am I? Who am I? Have you heard of the very-successful, very lucrative 0.1% viola possession tax? I passed it. Have you ever had to submit a ten-sixteen-theta Krovod parking form? I drafted those. While you were in Certificate Approval 101 at New Prahv Technical College, I was restructuring N-P-T-C's bureaucratic nightmare it called a curriculum. Hmph. Not nearly enough double-checks and redundancies... What were they thinking?"

"Sir... this is a Darby's, are you going to order something?" Staring at Ordin across a desk was an human who grew more tired by the second. Behind Ordin was a line of ten other functionaries, tapping their feet, and adjusting their minute-to-minute agendas as Ordin pushed them back. Ordin tugged on

"Ah, right. My point, was- is- that you can take this form that I've filled out in triplicate instead of cash, in exchange for one of your sausages. The meat-product reserve budget will comp you. Believe me, I included Darby's write-offs into the eighth-draft of the bill myself."

Rumors:
  • FALSE People claim to have seen Ordin at the Gorehouse out of uniform, as a patron. Surely he's a deviant under that orderly exterior.
  • FALSE Ordin was a signer on the much maligned and utterly humiliating Transguild Promenade Tomato Tariff. Rumor has it that the only reason he still holds his position in the guild was by throwing a fellow functionary under the Armored Transport, so to speak.
  • TRUE Rumor has it that Ordin routinely dines and goes to cafes in Precinct 5 with an Orzhov syndic. It's said that his relationship with the man is more than adversarial or professional, and might actually be friendly.

Last edited by Inuvash255; 01-13-2020 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:58 PM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
^ I feel like Djentry NEEDS this guy as a partner.

Not because of the potential for excellent team work. Not because of shared ideals. Not because of a mutual love for Darby's sausage breakfast sandwiches - but because Jens MUST get on this guys nerves at every last turn.

Ordin tries to stop Haakendal from entering a restricted area? Time to break out into a square dance routine directly on the "off limits" tape.
Ordin finds a fascinating clue that might just crack a decade old case? YEET! Who knew you could launch a dusty old finger bone so far with a crossbow?
Ordin just finished his 27th revision to the "lacking" laws on public urination? Oh, you KNOW he's peeing on that. In public, of course.

Last edited by Theore; 01-13-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:10 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Ordin would be mortified!

Last edited by Inuvash255; 01-13-2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 130
Thalric Thalric
Heyo,

I've been thinking about applying for a bit, but I know nothing about Ravnica unfortunately. Would that be a big problem? I'm tempted to buy the book and get to reading so that I can learn what I need to know though. It's difficult to choose a fitting race and guild without that.

You're going for more of a continuous recruitment game, correct? So if I take some time to educate myself on the world the applications would still be open?
Old 01-13-2020, 05:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 929
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
ApplicationName: Aurlon Heiltim
right-aligned image

Race: Protector Aasimar
Class: Paladin (Oath of Devotion)
Story: Auron Heiltim grew up in a family with a long history of service to the Boros Legion. Although his family appeared to be normal humans, he had angelic visions from a young age that were a sign of his celestial heritage. Having thoroughly absorbed the ideals of the Boros Legion from a young age, he watched in horror as many of his family and friends perished in the recent invasion led by Nicol Bolas. In the chaos that ensued, Auron (under the influence of his angelic patron) sought to embrace that heritage by serving as a champion for downtrodden people throughout the 10th district. Thanks to his crusading religiosity, whatever enemies of civilization he encounters, if they need to be vanquished he will not hesitate for a moment. Whatever blessings he brings, he makes sure that the Boros Legion gets the credit.
Rumors:
1. FALSE: Having become aware of a nest of evil activity, he tipped off a mad wizard from the Izzet League about a suitable location for an... experiment.
2. FALSE: He made a pact with an Orzhov vampire for assistance in vanquishing a neighborhood bully.
3. TRUE: He sheltered a despised fugitive who was believed to have collaborated with Nicol Bolas's invaders.

Last edited by gjf2a; 01-13-2020 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:21 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Dechado Dechado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalric View Post
Heyo,

I've been thinking about applying for a bit, but I know nothing about Ravnica unfortunately. Would that be a big problem? I'm tempted to buy the book and get to reading so that I can learn what I need to know though. It's difficult to choose a fitting race and guild without that.

You're going for more of a continuous recruitment game, correct? So if I take some time to educate myself on the world the applications would still be open?
If it helps, I also know nothing about Ravnica!
So that'd be the two of us that enter with zero knowledge! : D

Also I am sure you can find PDFs online to look at for a preview and get the main idea. I obviously support the idea of buying the copies to support the creators and the like, but it can get expensive and you never know when they will be delivered.

Up to you of course!
Old 01-13-2020, 05:25 PM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
I personally encourage anyone who isn't familiar with it to jump right in, as it's easily one of the most beloved and flavorful planes in the MTG universe - and I don't even know all that much about it!

As a player, I just adore the guilds. HJ did an excellent job detailing stuff about the world in his posts as well - so much so that I think someone could hop on in and just ask questions as needed. Even veterans will have to do that in this re-envisioned version of Ravnica.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 130
Thalric Thalric
I'll go through the entire thread tomorrow or so and see where I go from there Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 01-13-2020, 05:30 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
There's also ten stories that came out about a year back that are fun reads and give some insight into what the setting is like. This blog links all the articles, which is convenient.