RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 05:20 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1540
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
-
right-aligned image
Name: Victoria Mortela
Race: Human
Class: Wizard (Necromancer)
Guild: Orzhov Syndicate
Story: Victoria comes from a long line of Fleshmages who have been making Thrull's for the syndicate for generations. Born as a set of twins Victoria's brother, Vircenzo, and Victoria were very close to one another; continually playing and studying with one another. Although neither was in line to become the head of their family their natural skill and cooperation with one another promised that they would have a bright future within the family. Then the war occurred.

Vircenzo died protecting Victoria, sacrificing himself to ensure his sister's survival. Despite this selfless act, all that Vircenzo's death did for Victoria was leave a hole in her heart that reduced to a state of depression that the young woman is still recovering from.

Victoria's family, although supportive at first, have since grown tired of the girl's refusal to do.. really anything but mourn alone in her room and have decided it is high time she at least do.. something. To that end she has been kicked out of her home tasked to (whatever the others are doing). If she can prove to be still a valuable member of the family she might be allowed back but not until she shows that she can overcome her overly emotional weakness.

Rumors:
1 - Victoria sleeps with the corpse of her dead brother (or at least his skull).
2 - Victoria actually was the cause of her brother's death due to jealousy over her brother gaining more praise due to his superior skills.
3 - Victoria loves Fabious Romance Novels (a Blonde Hunk Elf author from the Selesnya Conclave) and regularly reads then, crying at the more emotional parts.

Question: How does a character make Thrulls in this version of the game. Pathfinder would have Nevrocraft but I didn't see anything yet in 5th edition other then Golem Manuals. That would mean knowing the formula for a Thrull Manual, creating the manual, and then creating the Thrull; right? I would assume it would be cheaper then most Golem Manuals as they are a 1/4 cr or 1/2 cr Creature rather then a cr 5 one.

Last edited by swordplay82; 01-13-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:23 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
@Inuyash255: I love him so much. I want him to be an absolute bore in my game. Please, let this happen. XD

@Thalric: Not knowing Ravnica wouldn't be a problem at all! As long as you read through the guilds and choose one you like, you'll be good to go. I'm making it a point to detail details from the lore that some folks might not know (but their characters would), so anything you don't know will be filled in as we play.

@Swordplay: WOW. That is some nice artwork, and a great character to go with it. Accepted! I'll PM you the details on Thrull creation.

Last edited by hjohenson; 01-13-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1657
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Would UA Mystic be allowed?
Old 01-13-2020, 05:37 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1540
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
Can't take credit for the art. I found it on bing. As for the character should I involve her in the game thread or wait?
Old 01-13-2020, 05:40 PM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
@Voodoo: Only within the Dimir. Lore-wise, only House Dimir has any access to psionics and mental magic. To be honest, I'd rather you use a core class.

@Sword: Go ahead and set up her character sheet, and PM it to me. After that's done, jump on into the thread.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
O.K. Just have to tweak my character a bit and then I'm ready to post her.

Last edited by voodoozombie; 01-13-2020 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:36 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5149
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
That track record in law-making and love for sausages reminds me of a certain podcast from the Friday Night Magic guys, which I loved dearly

Hopefully our paths will cross at some point, Inuvash!
Old 01-13-2020, 08:47 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Fairman Fairman Fairman
First of all, sorry for the delay, and sorry for all the flip-flopping! I know I said so much about making an Izzet character, but at the last minute I just had another great idea which I could not ignore. Without further ado, let me post it before I change my mind again! (On a side note, this creative indecisiveness would probably make me an Izzet IRL.)

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Casimir Brajkovic
Race: Human
Class: Bard (College of Glamour)
Guild: Cult of Rakdos

Story: Casimir's recent past is somewhat lost in a haze, due mostly to his concerted efforts to erase as much as possible from his own mind. Still, for every detail he omits in conversation, another presents itself elsewhere - in the city records, in once-forgotten melodies, in the not-so-abstract symbolism of his work, or in his endless self-absorbed complaints about Ravnican society.

"What, the public doesn't want blood and carnage anymore? ...Philistines."

All evidence indicates that both his parents were Rakdos cultists themselves, meaning that the Show was an important part of his existence from very early on. This is depicted in his work as a period of revelry and naiveté, gradually descending into ennui as he grew desensitized from his troupe's acts. These feelings soon devolve into obsession; if others could not satisfy his needs, then he first had to discover what his soul truly craved.

Casimir's obsession then grows, mutates, multiplies. He tried everything he came across, and it's hard to tell if it was all in vain. At one point his life seems to approach a point of ecstasy: he finally becomes a full-fledged performer, and his fellow artists arrange a veritable show-stopper to celebrate his adulthood. The performance's details are unclear. Was he meant to sacrifice someone on stage? Or was he himself the sacrifice? The nuances seem irrelevant to him now. It was meant to be a moment of enlightenment, and at the very last second it was robbed from him - his troupe's schedule cut tragically short with the advent of the war.

Casimir was crushed by this disappointment, and most likely spent the entire conflict huddled away in some dirty hole, drunk in fumes and misery. But, strangely enough, the experience must have made him grow as a musician, as he was quite a changed man when he reappeared in society. At first, he seemed repulsed that the war-weary people wanted lighter entertainment - the exact opposite of what he had pursued for so long. Still, eventually he decided to embrace this environment; what difference did it make, anyway? The former sacrifice-artist then turned all his energies to the new movements of opera and theatre. Casimir's artistic proposals were eccentric and avant-garde, but he soon proved to be a virtuoso in weaving image and sound into a spectacle.

Sadly, the only audience he cannot satisfy is himself. For now.

Rumors:
1 - Casimir is a wreck even by Rakdos standards - a degenerate, bipolar, misanthropic, vice-ridden, chain-smoking necrophiliac.
2 - Casimir seeks some kind of deeper, "transcendental" connection with the great demon Rakdos, and through this pursuit he has made many personal sacrifices in the name of his art.
3 - Casimir's decadent habits are bankrolled by a former lover, who for some reason can't let go of all the tender old memories of his younger self.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
For those that don't know Ravnica, don't worry about it, I think about half of us don't know, including myself. I only seem to know because I was reading the book.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:56 AM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairman View Post
Do you mind sharing your character idea? I'm also making an Izzet nerd, but I'm torn between two concepts - either wizard or barbarian/fighter. If your own character is more magically inclined, I can go for the martial concept or vice-versa.
I was leaning towards making it a storm sorcerer with a good mix of battlefield control and blastiness. Though if you are very pulled towards the wizard idea, I could try out storm herald barbarian.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 592
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Brain storming

I GEDDIT : DDDDD
Old 01-14-2020, 12:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2721
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucius View Post
I was leaning towards making it a storm sorcerer with a good mix of battlefield control and blastiness. Though if you are very pulled towards the wizard idea, I could try out storm herald barbarian.
Actually his character is not from Izzet so do whatever you want
Old 01-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Fairman Fairman Fairman
Indeed! I ended up going with a completely different concept, so feel free to make your sorcerer!
Old 01-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltz View Post
Actually his character is not from Izzet so do whatever you want
Ah, thanks for letting me know. I should check all the posts before replying to one haha. I’ll probably go for the storm sorcerer then unless someone dives in to a similar class for Izzet in the next couple days before I can write up the app.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Name: Rachel de Forde the 3rd. From House Forde
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Warlock, Pact of the Blade. Patron: Hexblade
Guild: Boros Legion

Last edited by voodoozombie; 01-14-2020 at 08:00 PM.