RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 11:26 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7070
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Tribute

Game NameTribute
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeSacrifices to the gods learning what that signifies
FlavourTwisted Mango
The TraditionThe gods demand sacrifice. They must have an heir from each of the five kingdoms or the Empire of Leon will be plunged into chaos. The heirs must be fit and prime examples of their respective kingdoms. They cannot be from blood less than a divinely blessed king, and while women are more traditional the sacrifice can be of either gender.

The tributes must be taken to Auru Ogra, the island in the center of the Lake of Tears and left there once every 200 years. The time has come once again to pay tribute, and with a heavy heart the kingdoms of Leon have given up their sons and daughters to the gods in this the most ancient of their customs.

The TributesThe tiny waves of the lake lap at the shore of the small island. On penalty of death, none are allowed to step foot on this sacred soil other than the Tributes. Over the soft bird songs and the wind in rustling the trees of the forested island you can hear the strain of the oarsmen moving the bulky tender away from the small cove where it had pulled in.

There are no signs of life on the speck of tree covered land in the heart of Leon, only the birds and the trees. Not a single soul has disturbed the soil of the island in 200 years. The sun of the summer solstice warms on your backs as you look westward toward the heart of the island.

There is no account for what takes place further inside the island, only that once the heirs step into the forest they are never seen again. The island is small and walking across it should only take half an hour, even taking into account that it is heavily forested.

Ceremony dictated that you wear the arms and armor of your people, the heavy gear now lapped by the waves when you disembarked seems out of place in such an idyllic setting. It seems more fitting to layout a blanket and enjoy a meal by the banks of the calm waters than as if this was some divine gesture that would allow your peoples to survive another 200 years with the blessing of the gods.

You can’t help but think about what might have happened to all of the tributes that came before. What happens once you step into the woods?

ExpectationsPost Rate: 1 per week
Sources: No 3 rd party content. I must be able to look it up on d20pfsrd.com (I have several PF PDFs and source books but it is easier to use that SRD in my opinion).
Exclusions: Drow, Outsider Natives (this is mostly the elemental races but make sure your check your race type before you apply), Races 16 RP and over, Original Summoner (Unchained is OK), and Anti-Paladin.
Alignements: You might have guess with the Anti-Paladin exclusion above, their will be no evil characters allowed.
Character Level: 2
Applications Due: January 26th, 2020 12pm PST
Homework: Complete the following application and post it in this thread. No character sheets please.
ApplicationCharacter Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
Description:
Please keep any images to less than 300 pixels across or put them behind a spoilerbutton tag. Text aligned images are preferred (imgr or imgl instead of just img), it just looks cleaner. An image is not a replacement for a description, it is only an aid, please describe your character as well.

Character History We know you are prince or princess, what is really important to me is where you are from and what the customs are there. Please include in your character history 100+ words about your character and then 100-300 words about what your kingdom is like. I don’t want you to spend too much time building out a kingdom because you might not be going back to it, but it will go a long way in anchoring your character in what is normal and acceptable for them.

In Character Writing Sample: This could be during your training or the heartfelt good byes that you exchanged with those that you are leaving behind. It doesn’t matter what you write just as long as it shows your character in action and reflects how you will play them in the game.

The main God of your Kingdom: Something else you get to make up or borrow from another source. Each kingdom has it’s own deity. Write a name and short description of your kingdom’s deity and their domains as well as their alignment. They shouldn’t be overly good because they demand sacrifice, make sure to take that into consideration.

Last edited by Pendragon; 01-14-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:34 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Application Table

PlayerCharacter NameRaceClassComplete?Reviewed?
MoonZarNausicaa Fanel, Princess of FaneliaHumanOracle (Face)YesYes
AegorIVPrincess Isabella TauricaHumanMonk(Scaled)/Swash(Mystic)NoNo
XianPrince Arngrim ArkensonHumanMagusYesYes
Silent RainPrincess Verity VinbludDhampirBloodragerYesYes
auntmousiePrincess IgnosiaLashuntaArcanistYesYes
LibrarianJesshim ko EluaHumanDruid(Goliath)YesYes
Exhibit AMatrim Quillial IIITenguWarpriestYesYes
CatCanCookLandiss Whiteflower, Prince of EmeloleonHalf-ElfUnchained Summoner (Naturalist)YesYes
MrjoeganglesKonrad of the Stone-hewn ClanHumanVigilanteYesYes
kaylaraPrincess Coralia ShallowtideMerfolkClericYesYes
AmargaSubedeiHumanSkaldYesYes
KshnikVakiVanaraMagus(E.A/Hex)/VMC WizardYesYes
CedricMost High, Most Mighty, Most Glorious Prince Kaldur Magmaspine IX, by the grace of Golos, Sworn Protector of Karak Kartoc, Knight Immortal, Grand Duke of the Six Peaks of Karat-Maz, Commander of the Invincible Legion.DwarfFighterYesYes
NahlPrince Tyrone “Ty” Flynn, Captain of the Wind’s FuryHumanSwashbucklerYesYes
AwesomeEliThe Mad Dog Princess, The Blood Stained Rose, Princess AxleKoboldBrawler(Con/SS)YesNo
AllyDJDuchess Elizabeth Rozalyn SharpeHumanGunslinger(Pistolero)YesYes
OnedarknessNym ZylthanaElfWizard (Evocation)YesNo
AlphaeusLuenshada Akrova of Nokspira, Princess of Darvellia, Heir of the Seventh ThroneCaligniKineticistYesNo
ZietherPrincess KasimmiaHalflingSwashbuckler(Inspired)YesNo

FAQQuestion: Are you using Traits?
Answer: You can take two, but no drawbacks for extras

Q: Elephant in the Room?
A: Yes, lets make it easier for these lower level characters.

Q: Background Skills?
A: Yes

Q: How are we determining Ability Scores?
A: We are using 25 point buy.

Q: Can my kingdom's god still walk around the Empire?
A: The concept for these gods is that they are nebulous and do not roam among the races. Running into your god should be impossible.

Last edited by Pendragon; 01-26-2020 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:53 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24232
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Application

Character Name: Princess Nausicaa Fanel
Race: Human
Age: 18 (Royals from Fanela lives two hundred years old or so)
Class: Oracle (Face/Healer)
Alignment: Lawful Good

Description: Nausicaa is pretty much how people would imagine a princess from a royal lineage, a gift from the gods to her people. Her tender greyish blue almond-shaped eyes are like stonewashed denim, like the pebbles on a beach. They are crowned with long silky silver hair, occasionally whipped strands of it loose because of the breeze. Her small face is delicate, with pink lips around her small mouth under a thin but long nose. She always shows the purest smile regardless of the wars and agonies of the world. The maiden is not particularly tall, but her long legs are more than enough to look most people in the eyes with heels, with her noble manners she looks like a giant in any room. The princess is always dressed by her maids conservatively with the best silk dress that the world can offer letting her natural beauty overwhelm anybody in sight.

History: The gem of Fanel is born in the shrine of Ao, in the middle of the capital. Nausicaa was raised with six other ladies from the Fanel family as a potential sacrifice for Auru Ogra, the island in the center of the Lake of Tears. Her great potential in divine magic and her unearthed beauty didn't keep the royals in suspense for long that she would be chosen for the ultimate sacrifice. Born sixteen years before the tribute she just turned adult by her culture standard. She is pure and naive, not knowing the harsh realities of the world such as violence, lies, betrayal and war. Becoming a sacrifice for the gods is an immense honor, actually in the Fanela culture it's believed that a lady eaten by the dragon gods will herself be reincarnated as an angel. Nausicaa overachieved in all her studies, determined to be the one chosen by her father the king to represent her people. She neither desired another fate or wanted to live like the other princess at court, selfless and focusing on her duty she became as perfect a mortal can be for that task.

Ancient dragon realms of Fanelia

Fanela society is based on a clan structure, with seven so-called "Great Dragon Clans". Each clan has areas of land bequeathed to them by the King, which they are tasked with maintaining. The King retains ownership of all lands, however, and the clans essentially rent the lands they used by paying taxes annually. Each great clan is lead by an archduke who is from an ancient dragon bloodline. Thousands of years ago the offsprings of the ancient dragon gods Tsuki and Taiyō founded was is known today as Fanelia and created the seven great realms who are unified under the rule of a dynasty of the great Kings Fanel. Traditionally each royal bride is provided by one of the clans while the next king is coming from the Fanel family. Thirty-year before the next tribute, all born daughters from the Fanel family are raised as potential sacrifices for the ancient gods in a temple in the middle of the capital with little access to the outside world to protect and educate them. The purest and gracious of them is selected for this great honour, while the other daughters are married to nobles and neighbours kingdoms for alliances as having a Fanel bridge of such purity and beauty is a divine prize even for the emperor of Leon.

The Samurai, which means servant, are the highest rank in the social system, as decreed by the Celestial Order of the twins dragon gods. The Samurai are the warriors of Fanelia, as well as its nobles and rulers. All males who are born in the seven great clans are considered samurai, regardless of their occupation. Most nobles female born in the clan are married by sixteen and become head of a family, some become an oracle or priestess in one of the great shrines, a few female samurai exist and referred to as samurai-ko. Only samurai are allowed to wear the daisho, a symbol of their status. The daisho consist of a set of two blades, a wakizashi and a katana, tucked into an obi. Only true samurai would carry such weapons, and any individual caught carrying or touching a daisho without permission would be executed. Samurai live by a code of conduct called Bushido. This complicated system governed all of a samurai's actions. The Seven Virtues of Bushido are:
  • Jin (Compassion) - Just as the farmer does not grow crops merely to fill his own belly, the warrior does not fight for himself alone. A samurai must be constantly aware of the duty to protect others.
  • Yu (Courage) - Only fear of death can destroy life; the samurai replaces it with an understanding of danger.
  • Rei (Courtesy) - A samurai is neither a bully nor a brute killer. He must treat his enemies with courtesy.
  • Chugo (Duty and Loyalty) - Actions and their consequences define those who take them. The samurai's loyalty to those that he guards for is unshakeable.
  • Gi (Honesty and Justice) - Set lies aside. A samurai does not make honesty or justice a matter for debate; he knows that there is only truth and falsehood, justice and injustice.
  • Meyo (Honor) - Praises and curses are not what defines honor; the samurai reserves his judgement for himself.
  • Makoto (Sincerity) - A samurai's words and his actions are one and the same. To 'promise' would be redundant.

Twins gods female, LNTsuki and male, LNTaiyō

It's believed in Fanel society that Tsuki and Taiyō forged the empire, all the realm and beyond with their breath and magic. Tsuki is the goddess of the moon, while her twin Taiyō is the god of the sun. They are symbols of law and order in the realm. Tsuki is magic and charms while Taiyō is strength and steel. Only nobles females are allowed to become priestess, and a few of them are chosen to become oracle because of their particular divine gifts. The oracles usually lead great shrines and dozens of priestess, become advisers to king and archdukes, and sometimes bless the path of mighty samurais in war and adventures. Priestesses lead all important ceremonies in the day to day of Flania society and are assisted by Miko in their duties who are a lesser woman that are not from noble birth but managed to channel divine magic.

The dragon princess

It's with great sadness that the dragon king meets with the tribute princess before her departure.
- " We are all proud of you. You would have done a fine queen... Even a perfect bride for the emperor of Leon himself if the timing of your birth would have been later, my daughter. "
- " This is gods' will father. Without the tribute, I would never have been born. My mortal life is coming to an end, my name will be sung in legends and I will begin my path as an immortal. I'm looking forward to service Taiyō, Tsuki and the other gods of the empire in the afterlife. I have no regret, no desire, I'm all one with the gods my king. I will walk the path to Auru Ogra with a light heart, please bless me father. "
The divine beauty lower her head and the middle-aged man touch her head with his big hand to bless her. He hands over a katana to her, she accepts and bows lowly.
- " Go with peace my daughter as you walk the divine path. Take that sword during your journey as a souvenir of your mortal homeland, it's ancient and has no magic anymore but it never failed me in my early days as samurai. "
- " With honor my king. "
She rises and bows one last time.
- " Give my regards to mother, my brothers and sisters. I'm sure they will understand that all Fanel are bound by their duties. Farewell father, may you have a long and healthy life serving the people of Fanelia. "

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tribute.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	82824   Click image for larger version

Name:	princess.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	82825  

Last edited by MoonZar; 01-26-2020 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:30 AM
Visibly Risible

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1582
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
tag for interest, no idea what I'd play as yet looking at a (female) Lashunta Arcanist.

Last edited by auntmousie; 01-14-2020 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:30 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 630
AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV
Reserved for interest/application.

The Sacrifice
right-aligned image
Character Name: Princess Isabelle Taurica (Black Izzy)
Class: Scaled Fist 1/Mystic Corsair 1
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Description: Please keep any images to less than 300 pixels across or put them behind a spoilerbutton tag. Text aligned images are preferred (imgr or imgl instead of just img), it just looks cleaner. An image is not a replacement for a description, it is only an aid, please describe your character as well.

Character History: We know you are prince or princess, what is really important to me is where you are from and what the customs are there. Please include in your character history 100+ words about your character and then 100-300 words about what your kingdom is like. I don’t want you to spend too much time building out a kingdom because you might not be going back to it, but it will go a long way in anchoring your character in what is normal and acceptable for them.

In Character Writing Sample: This could be during your training or the heartfelt good byes that you exchanged with those that you are leaving behind. It doesn’t matter what you write just as long as it shows your character in action and reflects how you will play them in the game.

The main God of your Kingdom: Something else you get to make up or borrow from another source. Each kingdom has it’s own deity. Write a name and short description of your kingdom’s deity and their domains as well as their alignment. They shouldn’t be overly good because they demand sacrifice, make sure to take that into consideration.

Last edited by AegorIV; 01-14-2020 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13283
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
posting interest if the muses strike
Old 01-14-2020, 11:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28791
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Hmmm... such delectable offerings in the usually dry months of January with interest from the writing elites on the site.

So be it. I am compelled to express interest.

Onward!

Cheers, Xian
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:17 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10120
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
Expressing Interest. I should be able get something together by Feb. I'm leaning towards a barbarian from a nation recently brought under a unified rule after milleniums of tribal war. Possibly a nation of gnomes... Almost certainly a nation of gnomes.

Last edited by Raylorne; 01-14-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Xian Application - Complete'ish
right-aligned image

Name: Arngrim Arkenson
Class: Magus
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Physical Description: Arngrim has a powerful build, but moves with a graceful agility, much like a wild hunting cat. He has prominent features with piercing blue eyes that are framed by dirty blonde hair and modest beard that he keeps groomed to complete his rugged, but handsome appearance. His physical beauty is powerful from his perfectly proportioned body and chiseled features of his face. Even the scars on his body, earned in various battles, serve to compliment his comeliness.

Personality: Arngrim is the prototypical Arkenson male and a warrior that embodies honor and glory gained in battle, an endeavor in which he excels. He also enjoys drinking, carousing, womanizing, as much as battle, and all of these endeavors duly make his ancestors proud. Arngrim is easy going, gregarious, infuriatingly optimistic, with a healthy sense of humor, and an attitude of living each moment with zest and panache. Which usually gets accomplished through humor, sarcasm, drinking, hitting objects at high velocities, some or all of the above. Despite this, Argnrim has a very strong sense of honor and will not act in a manner that he believes is not befitting the Arkenson ideal of a warrior. Arngrim is boisterous (very much so) and not known to be a reserved person.

Background/Culture of the Kingdom of Arkenson:

Arngrim Backstory:

In Character Writing Sample:

Last edited by Xian; 01-15-2020 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:51 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for all the interest so far. If you haven't gone over the FAQ in the second post I would recommend it, I have added some important information. If I missed something else please don't hesitate to bring it to my attention.

I am updating the applicant table right now.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:08 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 169
Librarian Librarian
Oh, fun! Kind of classic fantasy stuff I haven't seen in a minute.

I've got a good character idea for this that I can play a bunch of different ways - the build itself is pretty unimportant. That said, would you allow dinosaurs on your world? There's some cool stuff with druids I've always wanted to experiment with.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:15 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
@Librarian - The only thing I am not allowing is extra-planar stuff (No Outsiders, etc.). I would caution against going too specific though, just because dinosaurs are in your kingdom does not mean that they are everywhere.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:33 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 169
Librarian Librarian
Oh. I guess I misunderstood. So no wild shaping into elemental forms (assuming the game runs that long level wise) or summoning from elemental planes?
Old 01-14-2020, 04:17 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4055
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
right-aligned image
Character Name: Verity Vinblud
Race: Dhampir
Class: Bloodrager (Undead)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description: Verity stands at average human height, with long white hair, fair skin and dark gold eyes. Her adventuring has kept her light and lean and she prefers wearing lighter armor. A sword is always at her hip and she does not hesitate to brandish it, should the need arise.

Verity has always had moments of anger that have gotten her into trouble on several occasions. Although not quick to trust, she is exceedingly protective of those she considers her friends and of her adopted mother.

The Immortal Throne

The kingdom of Vinblud has existed for nearly ten thousand years, its vampire nobility ruling with an undying iron fist. Set far to the north, Vinblud spends much of the year in total or complete darkness. For the vampires that dwell there, they could not ask for a better arrangement.

Surprisingly, other races also call Vinblud their home. Not long after the kingdom's founding, it was declared that the living races of Vinblud would not be harmed by their undead rulers. Although there were dissenters to this, none would defy the edict set forth by the eldest of the Vinblud royalty, a vampire simply known as the Elder.

Millennia passed this way, with the throne passing hands (usually under suspicious circumstances) several times. Throughout it all however, was the Elder. Though he slept for decades at a time, his word was final. Having existed at least since the founding of Vinblud, his power knows no equal and has taken a god-like status among the other vampires. It was the Elder that had declared the first sacrifice to the island, a tradition that has continued every two hundred years to this day. Despite this, it was the mysterious being known simply as the Father that directed his hand. Believed to be the progenitor of the vampire race, his true origins have been lost to time.

The current ruler of Vinblud, Lucius Vinblud, had plans to marry a human named Veronica. Although this was not common, it was allowed by vampire law. It was expected however, that the human would be turned on the wedding night. Every vampire in Vinblud had assembled in the great ancient throne room the night of the ceremony. Vows were said, rings were exchanged, and at its conclusion, Lucious drank deep from Veronica's wrist, nearly draining her. When he had finished, he bit into his own wrist and brought it to his wife's lips. Nearly delirious, she drank until she passed out. The ceremony was concluded with thunderous applause.

Character History: While Veronica Vinblud's pregnancy was not known at the time of her turning, her fetus began growing at a supernatural rate within her dying womb. Lucious became aware of the baby's heartbeat almost a full day after he offered Veronica his blood. Already, he could see the child moving within his wife's body. Left alone, the baby would likely try to claw it's way out. Likewise, he could not cut it out, as the human body was a fragile thing, especially when undergoing the change. If enough blood were spilled, the turning would not complete. The child would have to be delivered.

A human midwife was called, as vampires had no need for such things, being unable to bare children themselves. The midwife had born children to mothers that had passed before, but she knew this was different. After the child, a girl, had been freed from her mother's womb, she informed Lucious that the baby had died during the birth. Not surprised by this news, Lucious thanked the woman, but was very clear on what would happen if the woman told anyone about the pregnancy. She took the infant, very much alive, and left the Vinblud castle, never to return.

The midwife ventured south, eventually taking up residence in the kingdom of Lardun. She resumed her profession as a midwife and raised the child as her own. Twenty-three years passed this way.

The girl, named Verity by her adopted mother, had an adventurous streak and often found herself in dangerous situations, which the midwife assumed was just in her nature. Becoming an adventurer of sorts, Verity took up the sword and began earning money to support her and her mother. Through it all, her adopted mother never told her of her true lineage, hoping to save her from her dark past.

In Character Writing Sample: The day had started like any other in Ladun. The sun was nearing its zenith as Verity made her way down the road, already two days into her trek toward a small farming village outside of the city. She was to guard a shipment of grain and other supplies as it made its way to Ladun.

Her skin prickled on the back of her neck and she turned, peering back down the road. Seeing no one, she turned back and came face to face with a stranger wearing long dark brown robes that covered the entirety of its body. She went to grab the handle of her sword, but found that she could not move. It was not fear she felt then, but rage. She struggled as much as she could to draw her weapon, but to no avail.

"Be at ease, my child", said the stranger, his voice sounding like a deep whisper. "I would never harm a child of Vinblud."

Verity had heard of the kingdom of Vinblud and the vampires that ruled there, everyone had, but mostly just as stories to tell at night to frighten children.

"You are needed at court. I could force you to come, but I would prefer if you did so of your own accord. If you require incentive," he added after a moment, "I will end the life of the woman you know to be your mother."

It was not the threat that took her back, but the matter-of-fact way in which he said it. She could not explain why, but she believed what he was saying. She nodded and found that she could release her hand from around her sword. "Very well. Do not harm my mother and I will come with you," she replied, feeling as though she had little choice. Verity was often going off on adventures for a week or so at a time, so hopefully she would be able to return before her mother even noticed she was gone.

"As you say", the man said and the world suddenly seemed to grow dark, as though she had just closed her eyes for a few seconds. When the darkness faded, she was standing beside the stranger inside a towering room. A throne room, she realized, judging by the two large chairs at one end raised on a dais.

People were milling about the large room talking in groups here and there. Gradually, they became aware of the stranger's and Verity's presence and immediately took a knee. He guided her toward the two thrones where a man and woman were seated. The woman seemed shaken by what was happening, despite the man's reassuring look.

"Elder, you honor us with your presence. Who is this...", Lucius was going to say human, but that was not precisely true. Nor was it accurate to call the girl a vampire. The word hung in his throat, afraid to say it for fear or making it real..."dhampir?".

There were gasps from some of the others gathered in the room. Lucius looked at the girl before him and saw a younger version of his wife staring back. "Impossible", he muttered.

"No so", the Elder stated. "Before you stands Verity Vinblud. She has been chosen to stand tribute in a year's time."

"Outrageous, one of the other vampires exclaimed. This half-breed will never...", he continued to say, but never finished. Like fanning a cold hearth, his body simply turned to ash and gently fluttered away.

"She will be treated with the respect and dignity a daughter of Vinblud deserves and will spend the next year learning our ways and of her heritage", the Elder continued. "My word is final", he said before simply dissolving in a swirling cloud of black smoke that dissipated before her.

The Betrayal

The year following her arrival and declaration that she was to be acknowledged as the Vinblud heir was a happy one, filled with wonders and delights she had never imagined possible. No one spoke a dissenting word about her being only a dhampir. In fact, she became something of a novelty in court.

She later learned that the real reason the Elder had retrieved her and brought her back to Vinblud was to serve as Tribute, so that a full blooded vampire would not have to. Betrayed and used, her mother and father discarded and forgot about her the moment she was removed from the city. She vowed to get revenge on those that had betrayed her and grant them the true death they deserve.

The main God of your Kingdom:

The Father
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Domains: Charm, Darkness, Death, Law

The Father, though presumably once a normal vampire, has become so ancient, that his powers have become godlike. The vampires of Vinblud have long since began praying to him and thinking of him as such, granting him the status to match his power. Though he usually does not intervene directly in events that occur within Vinblud, he has been known to deal with vampires that do not adhere to the code of law that he has put into place. Barring that, there is little that the Father directly frowns upon.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 01-25-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Thanks for all the interest so far. If you haven't gone over the FAQ in the second post I would recommend it, I have added some important information. If I missed something else please don't hesitate to bring it to my attention.

I am updating the applicant table right now.
Pendragon,

I am just mulling over what type of martial class best fits the Arkenson culture's Chosen, so unless that is a vital component of your assessment then you can count me as complete.

Onward!

Cheers, Xian