RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 04:22 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10120
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
What kind of timeframe do I have to work with on kingdom history and timeline. Can I go back 10,000 years? How long has the tribute been happening?
Old 01-14-2020, 04:47 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Posting interest. Is there any issue with playing a divine caster like a cleric; someone who actually gets power from the gods we're being sacrificed to.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:50 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 169
Librarian Librarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit A View Post
Posting interest. Is there any issue with playing a divine caster like a cleric; someone who actually gets power from the gods we're being sacrificed to.
Great question that, and thanks. I'm of a similar bent.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:14 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9568
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Geneviève
right-aligned image
Character Name: Princess Geneviève Antoinette Thérèse Marbot
Race: Human
Class: Witch (Seductress)
Alignment: True Neutral
Description: Princess Geneviève stands out from even the most brilliant of crowds by virtue of the radiant, fiery tresses which cascade down past her shoulders, framing and accenting the cultivated paleness of her finely sculpted face and pulling out the intense jade of her intelligent eyes. Though she stands of middling height, none can miss the regal bearing she walks with. Two expressions dominate her face, with a haughty, unimpressed air given until she finds some reason to feign interest in the offers of another, and a somewhat coy smile to draw them in once she has found what she wants. Money is no object, and as such she prefers long, flowing gowns in ludicrously expensive fabrics, cut to accentuate the generous curves she works to maintain without putting herself on full display like a common harlot. Jewelry is ever-present, but Geneviève makes sure to keep the exact pieces appropriate for the circumstances, and never wearing anything excessively gaudy. She wants to look sophisticated, not ostentatious.

Character History:

Writing Sample:

Deity:

Last edited by Ziether; 01-14-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:47 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6970
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
@ Librarian - Avoid elementals, think of this as an isolated world, cut off from all other planes of existence. I know that is a big ask because Pathfinder has a lot of extraplanar elements built into it, but if you talk me through your concept maybe we can settle on something.

@ Raylorn - The tradition of the Tribute has been happening since the time of tribes, originally started by five chieftains. With the nature of long lived races I would say 10,000 years or more would be in the ball park of when it started. I don't want to spoil things that will happen in character, this is supposed to be mysterious, but I understand where you are coming from. Go as far back as you are comfortable, but your write up is mostly for your character's view of the world that they live in, Don't spend too much time on it unless you really enjoy world building.

@ ExhibitA - Clerics are fine.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:14 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Librarian Librarian
My concept is a druid of any stripe, but I'm afraid that won't work with summoning limited in that manner. I may be wrong entirely, and someone with more experience with the class could say definitively. I'll try and come up with another concept.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:06 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24133
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit A View Post
Im applying as that, but oracle healer/face.

Last edited by MoonZar; 01-14-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 748
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Posting interest, probably as some sort of Mongolian-esque princeling

Last edited by Amarga; 01-14-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:28 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
I am going to push the application deadline up to the 26th of January, 12pm PST. I didn't expect this many applicants when I set up the deadline.

I will update the ad to reflect this change.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:34 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24133
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Yes!!!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:22 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Librarian Librarian
Hey, just real quick because you listed Summoners. Aren't Eidolons outsiders?
Old 01-15-2020, 12:14 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
@Librarian - I think we got off on the wrong foot. There is nothing wrong with summoning something. Flavor text says that it is from another plane, but we aren't using planes. So, unless I have mentioned that it is baned you are fine. Magic works because "magic" not some connection to another plane. I intended to have unchained summoner available, as well as druid, feel free to play them.

I have reasons for blocking outsiders and elementals and they are part of the storyline.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:26 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Librarian Librarian
I fully respect your decisions on what to add and remove from your game, I just want clarity. There are monsters summoned that are Outsiders or Elementals or Fey, as a type. Eidolons are also typed as Outsiders, I believe. Are you saying these beings can be summoned?
Old 01-15-2020, 12:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28791
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
@Pendragon,

I am going to change Arngrim's class from Bloodrager to a Magus to more consistent from a narrative perspective as at level 2 the Bloodrager would not have any of the characteristics or abilities (infuse metal with magic or magic itself) that would characterize Arngrim as one of The Chosen. The Magus will have spells and spellstrike and has just enough of a martial bend to it as to be consistent with Arkenson's warrior culture.

Onward!

Cheers, Xian
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 01-15-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:42 AM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4801
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
I am quite interested... And I must ask, are you looking for characters who are more organically created or are you looking for characters who are power gamed to the max? No objections either way, just curious as to how much I want to rewrite and adjust to meet your particular expectations.

Also nice to see a few familiar faces!

Consider nominating someone yourself when they do an amazing job! Nominate here!