DnD2e Little Folk Campaign in a Frozen World - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 12:16 AM
Seconds from Revelation

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
MountainofCoins59 MountainofCoins59
Little Folk Campaign in a Frozen World

Game NameLittle Folk Campaign in a Frozen World
Game SystemDnD 2e
ThemeAdventure
FlavourTrying to survive and keep your people alive
Plot Summary200 years ago your people along with others, fled from a great calamity that laid waste to your homeland. The humans are called Kossians and the Little Folk are called Chendari. The land you fled to is a frozen land ringed by mountains. It has a lake and mountains for ore. However, there are ferocious goblins as well. Then 50 years ago, a powerful vampire wizard called Lord Valnar took up residence, built a keep and now rules the land. He is an evil being, who demands obedience. He also occasionally takes slaves from the village.

You are new adventurers and hope one day you can change things. Your village, Lowborn, has about 1,000 souls. Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings. Currently you must help fight off goblins, who attempt to steal children and then turn them into goblins. Miners make the dangerous journey south to get ore, and sometimes they are victims as well. So the villagers look upon you as a brand new chance to fight for their well-being. Do you have what it takes to one day challenge Lord Valnar? The villagers hope you do.

In this game you will play a Dwarf, Gnome or Halfling at 1st level.
Scores are automatic and you start with 18, 16, 14, 14, 12, 12. You can put these however you want.
Classes are only Fighter, Illusionist, Necromancer and Thief. Multiclass are Fighter/Illusionist, Fighter/Necromancer, Fighter/Thief, Illusionist/Thief, Necromancer/Thief.
Gnomes can be Necromancers in this game. Necromancers cannot use Illusion and Enchantment spells and Illusionists cannot use Necromancy and Evocation spells.
There is no religion in the land, that has been outlawed by Lord Valnar.
Characters start with Max HP and Max Gold.
I do not accept any pre-made characters, you must make your own.
Don't ask to play any races other than Dwarf, Gnome or Halfling. I've already stated that.
Classes books are fine and Racial books are good too. I can also allow Tome and Magic, but only for spells.
Characters will be native to the land, unless your character is older than 200 years. In that case I will consider letting your character be from Toril or Oerth.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I am looking for 4-5 players.
Posting for me is MON to FRI.
Old Timers and Experienced Players are encouraged to apply. I will accept a few newbies, but they must have their own books or PDFs.

Bear with me as I'm new still to this site, patience is appreciated. Thank you.

Special Rules: Illusionists and Necromancers can heal themselves or others for 1d4hp 2/day.
Fighters can score a critical hit on a 19 or 20.
Thieves automatically have a 85% chance to Read Languages.

Last edited by MountainofCoins59; Jun 2nd, 2021 at 01:26 AM.
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 04:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6673
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Rynres Axehorn
Race: Mountain Dwarf (Shield Dwarf - Wanderer)
Class: Fighter ("Axe for Hire" kit)
Personality: Typical mountain dwarf, he's slow to trust outsiders, but as a wanderer, he will fight alongside almost anyone within reason, even the gold dwarves who he thinks as lazy and embarrassment to all dwarves. He firmly believes the Mountain Dwarves were the first dwarves. As he had traveled the land, he became a bit dour and cynical, and he tend to speak little when in the presence of large numbers of humans or other races. Living an adventuresome life, he became rugged and world-wise, experienced in living off the land and in fighting. He became practical and self-reliant.

Description: He stands at 4'6, Flowing dark red hair and red facial hair as well, showing that he is still young yet. His beard split in threes and tied. His eyes, green and his skin darken from being outside so much. He armed with a two-handed battle axe that he seem to weild very well.
right-aligned image

Background: From the north, the Shield Dwarves, known as Mountain Dwarves to other races tend to be left alone n their mountain home, but some had gotten the wanderlust bug, and they're called "The Wanderers". Rynres was a wanderer, he wanted more than the mountain was giving him. He traveled down the mountain to explore the land and tried a bit of adventuring. Adventuring wasn't as easy as the stories make it out to be. He needed money and since he was decent with his axe, he became an Axe for Hire, hiring himself out for hire. He hunted down a wanted man, helped a very small village rid of kobold raiders.

He made his way to another village, this was one a large one, but yet, still too small to be called a town. It was called Lowborn and even they were having problems, only instead of kobolds, they had goblins problems. Unlike the kobolds, the goblins were plentiful and more relentless. So he stayed and helped. Besides helping fending off the foul creatures, he went to the smith and sighed.. He made decent mentals and weapons but... So he put his skill as a weapon smith to use, helping the village smith and showing him the proper way to make weapons.

Last edited by Seekr34; Jun 3rd, 2021 at 08:03 PM.
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 06:41 PM
Seconds from Revelation

Tools
User Statistics
Don't worry, I am a 2e expert lol. Played it since 1990. Dwarf Fighter is great, got any ideas for a Kit? It's not required, but they are fun. Let me know if you need anything. I require at least 3 players for this game to take off. So here's hoping.
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 07:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33784
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Wow. I'm a 2E Junkie as well. I really don't have the space to RP another character right now, but it'd be a shame to let this game die. I could so pick up that Illusionist/Thief spot.
What the heck. I'll start working on one.

Placeholder.
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 07:40 PM
Seconds from Revelation

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Wow. I'm a 2E Junkie as well. I really don't have the space to RP another character right now, but it'd be a shame to let this game die. I could so pick up that Illusionist/Thief spot.
What the heck. I'll start working on one.

Placeholder.
Ok nice, sounds good. Don't pressure yourself though lol.
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 10:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Played D&D around 1978 & 1979, then went to AD&D 1e through the 80's, then played 2e, although at times we converted both editions. Played 2e some years back, the game kind of died before we got half way through. Couple of years ago, played again, but died suddenly about 2 weeks after it started.

Kit, yeah, the "Axe for Hire" Right now, deciding what non specialization to take. Only 12 arrows per quiver in 2e, correct?
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 10:30 PM
Seconds from Revelation

Tools
User Statistics
Very nice Seekr34! You're a bit older than me lol. 1e is not too different from 2e and I can help too. Too bad about those other 2e games, hoping I get enough players as well. Not sure what you mean by, "Non Specialization to take...", unless you mean Weapon Specialization? Yeah go with 12 arrows per quiver, but decide whether you want Flight or Sheaf arrows. Always good to see that I'm not the only old gamer on here lol.
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 10:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
LOL, I'll be 56 at the end of August. The "Non Specialization to take..." Sorry, I meant Non weapon proficienies. Taking Two-handed battle axe for weapon specialization. 12 arrows, thought so. Definitely taking sheaf arrows.
Old Jun 3rd, 2021, 03:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
WIP...

Alybar
left-aligned image
Name: Alybar Rennol <---- Character Sheet

Race: Gnome - Minoi Subrace

Class: Illusionist/Thief
Kit: Vanisher

Personality: Alybar is at first glance of the subrace of Rock Gnome. He has the looks of them certainly in body type, but his manner of dress and speech, coupled with his tenacious curiosity easily set him apart. He is fun loving and sociable, and has to often be told to slow down when he speaks in his rapid-fire manner.

Description: He is exactly three foot four inches tall and weighs forty pounds exactly - ask him, he'll tell you. He keeps track. He has blonde-ish finger-brushed hair, hazel eyes, and a tanned skin tone. He wears comfortable clothes and a baladrana if the weather demands it. His travels, escapades, and jobs can almost be guessed by all the things adorning his clothes or hanging from his belt. Aside from a small backpack, he has many belt pouches hanging from his belt. The only aggressive thing on his person are the three daggers on the bandoleer across his chest and the one in the left wrist sheath. The Shortbow on his back beside the quiver might be menacing were it not for the odd assortment of grappling arrows sticking up. He looks to be more into spelunking for precious stones and jewels rather than fighting anyone.

Background: Alybar grew up trying his best to hide from Goblins and help others do so. He was always scared, and his overwhelming desire to see and try new things forced him to constantly confront that fear. He picked up some skills at surviving away from the town so he wouldn't have to go back to town if Goblins were nearby. He hated it that he and his fellow townsfolk had to endure this and one day something changed, like blowing out the flame of a lit lamp. The fear just wasn't there anymore. Sure, he got scared and anxious, but the overpowering fear of the Goblins that had kept him from doing anything about it was gone; replaced with a desire to do something about it.
Of course, his innate curiosity often gets him sidetracked from his primary life goal, but he'll get there - at least that's what he happily tells himself and others. He had a fellow gnome in town teach him the arcane arts, while his rogue skills he picked up along the way. He wasn't above breaking into somewhere, or "borrowing" something without permission and asking forgiveness later. He thought it was an enduring quality, so he was genuinely confused when others didn't.
Outfitted with a variety of weapons - two - and a assortment of gear, his skills and wits about him, he's eager to set off with others who have stepped forward to make a change for the betterment of the town. But first, he has to return to the lock on that chest in his neighbor's house. When he last visited, it was just way too squeaky when they opened it. He HAS to figure out why and fix it. They're not home, but they'll understand.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jun 4th, 2021 at 09:16 AM.
Old Jun 3rd, 2021, 05:46 PM
Seconds from Revelation

Tools
User Statistics
Ok guys, looking good so far for both of you. Dwarf Fighter and Gnome Illusionist/Thief is interesting. I'll wait to see your final apps and I hope at least 1 more person applies lol. Thanks both of you though for being interested. It warms an old gamer's heart.
Old Jun 3rd, 2021, 07:54 PM
Seconds from Revelation

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
WIP...

Alybar
left-aligned image
Name: Alybar Rennol <---- Character Sheet

Race: Gnome - Minoi Subrace

Class: Illusionist/Thief
Kit: Vanisher

Personality: Alybar is at first glance of the subrace of Rock Gnome. He has the looks of them certainly in body type, but his manner of dress and speech, coupled with his tenacious curiosity easily set him apart. He is fun loving and sociable, and has to often be told to slow down when he speaks in his rapid-fire manner.

Description: He is exactly three foot four inches tall and weighs forty pounds exactly - ask him, he'll tell you. He keeps track. He has blonde-ish finger-brushed hair, hazel eyes, and a tanned skin tone. He wears comfortable clothes and a baladrana if the weather demands it. His travels, escapades, and jobs can almost be guessed by all the things adorning his clothes or hanging from his belt. Aside from a small backpack, he has many belt pouches hanging from his belt. The only aggressive thing on his person are the three daggers on the bandoleer across his chest and the one in the left wrist sheath. The Shortbow on his back beside the quiver might be menacing were it not for the odd assortment of grappling arrows sticking up. He looks to be more into spelunking for precious stones and jewels rather than fighting anyone.

Background: Alybar grew up trying his best to hide from Goblins and help others do so.
Drachenspirit, your character looks fine. I did not find anything wrong or needing change. It's good to go when we start. I will wait for Seekr34 and see what to do. You will be approved once we are ready thanks.

Last edited by MountainofCoins59; Jun 3rd, 2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old Jun 3rd, 2021, 08:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainofCoins59 View Post
Drachenspirit, your character looks fine. I did not find anything wrong or needing change. It's good to go when we start. I will wait for Seekr34 and see what to do. You will be approved once we are ready thanks.
Awesome! I just need to finish his background. Got it in my head, just need to put it down in the app.
Old Jun 3rd, 2021, 08:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Well, my app is done now. Just gotta finish my character sheet. I forgot about the strength, so when game threads start, then I can roll for strength percentage.
Old Jun 4th, 2021, 09:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I think Alybar is done.
Old Jun 4th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
DedUp DedUp DedUp
I've been interested in playing some TSR era D&D for a little bit now. It's been quite a while since I played 2nd Ed and it unfortunately wasn't that much so please bear with me. I'm thinking of going with halfling fighter. I'll see if I can get an app together in the next couple of days.