RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 6th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14536
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Evil people.
Old Jul 7th, 2017, 01:03 AM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1624
SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade
lol I was in a playful mood during the previous post. Please do not take the guy with the dancing Gir icon too seriously.

In my personal life, I wage war on glitter. It's a pet peeve of mine, people seem to like to poke at, so it has become a sow burning war with select friends and family. In game though, I just wanted to give Hound a hard time and then wait to see when someone would sneak it back it.

More to your point MundayKnight, it was actually the first round of what became The Gods' Pawns. Someone brought some glitter because apparently a pewter figuring was not shiny enough. Then it got shaken all over the table and my things (intentionally to annoy me), and I had a temper tantrum and banded all glitter.

Anywho, I really just wanted to say, here is the first draft of more guns. Remember, 1) your encouraged to have a melee and ranged option and 2) your weapons can be from Pathfinder modern, advanced, or technological. Please feel free to critique if there is something worth critiquing.
NameDamageCritRangeAmmo TypeClipCost Note
Assault Rifle2d6x380ft5.56mm24? 3 round burst
M1 Grand1d1019-20 x3120ft.305?2 handed
19111d8x340.458?clipped handgun
Thompson submachine gun3d8x450.45100?reload is full round (or move with rapid reload)
Combat Shotgun1d8x215 ftshotgun8?spread, reload is full round (or move with rapid reload)
Minigun4d6*x230 ft5mm240?automatic (line or spread), delayed attack
Homebrewed Guns Rules:
1) Automatic weapons have a range 1/2 what is listed, but can be used up to 3 range increments. What this translates into, is that you take the standard -2 to hit everything in a line for automatic fire, then another -2 beyond 50% listed, then a final -2(total -6) from 100% listed to 150% listed. You get a slightly longer range than is listed, but less accuracy. It's nearly impossible to hit something beyond that range with automatic fire, so we're just going to stop rolling there.

2) Shotguns do triple damage to a target only 5ft away (of course, after any attack of opportunity is resolved)

3) Miniguns burn through twice as many bullets (20) per attack. Allows for a reflex save for 1/2 damage. It takes a standard action from the PREVIOUS round to start firing, and MUST be used for all attacks (so only full attack actions). They can can also be used as a spread weapon, but only deal 2d6 to ALL targets within 30ft cone. Reloading takes 2 full round actions.

Last edited by SwiftBlade; Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:12 PM.
Old Jul 7th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 486
The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag
Updated my application.
Old Jul 9th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade
Mister N asked a good question about overlap of 3.5 and Pathfinder skill terms. The overlap of Pathfinder and 3.5 skill terms is an oversight on my part. We're using slightly modified Pathfinder skills and the couple of D20 modern ones I specified.

The ad is confusing which I plan to clean up as I convert it into the game thread. Please feel free to point out what is confusing you and any issues you can see the home brew rules might cause.
Old Jul 9th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
I think my app is ready for review. Hard to format on my phone but I'll get to that shortly. Please share if there's anything you like about it so far or what you might not understand.
Old Jul 9th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
Some NPCs for backstories HERE

Sorry for ignoring apps. I've been working on information game thread and homebrew refinement stuff. Should have a lot to see in the game thread by end of the week.

I hope to look through all apps this week for feedback and thoughts too. You'll have a week to nail down things once I send initial feedback since I'm late.

If anyone wants to thrown in a last-minute app... this is the last minute

Last edited by SwiftBlade; Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
Feedback time
@MundayKnight
@Ratpigeon

Last edited by SwiftBlade; Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 12:42 AM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight

Last edited by MundayKnight; Jul 12th, 2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 03:11 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon

Last edited by Ratpigeon; Jul 12th, 2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
Can I add Mister N as a co-DM to this thread? If not, please include him in Shh!

Last edited by SwiftBlade; Jul 12th, 2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
I don't honestly know.
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon

Is the Technologist feat still relevant? Standard pathfinder rules are basically that you can't apply any skills towards Technology unless you have the Technologist feat, but if it's a modern world with Technology around, it seems like everyone would have Technologist (of course, I'm not sufficiently familiar with Fallout to guess whether tech is sufficiently rare there that Technologist would be relevant).

Also, if we take a class with Archetype Maneuver progression and prestige into something with Full Maneuver progression, would we be able to go up to 9th level maneuvers, one level behind Martial Classes? Because for levels 1-14 the Archetypes have what is basically a Sorcerer progression for Maneuvers.

Last edited by Ratpigeon; Jul 12th, 2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
@Ratpigeon- technologist is not required... I didn't even know it was a thing. I would be cool with saying that it gives all technology skills as class skills, but since profession and craft are standard and knowledge arcana is the subsitute, I can't see it being useful.

Per Path of War rules YES both prestige classes AND (feat that grants 2 manauvors or 1 stance) both work off iniator level so level 9 is on the table... Just remembered that I'm limiting caster and POW classes for a reason so use responsibly or get nurfed (and that goes for everyone in a lot of contexts). Party balance is important and makes the game more fun

Last edited by SwiftBlade; Jul 12th, 2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 11:48 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
Per request @Seasons end

Last edited by SwiftBlade; Jul 12th, 2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 02:07 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End

Last edited by Seasons End; Jul 14th, 2017 at 12:49 PM.