Game Thread Group 1 - Ch1 - A Wandering Begins - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Forbidden Lands
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 11:17 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 5573
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,601
Group 1 - Ch1 - A Wandering Begins


PreludeThree centuries ago, a patch of country abundant in the shade of great trees and nestling a riverside plain, was one of many villages that were peppered around our world's landscape. To most, it was known as Kiersap, in homage to the first soul said to have scaled its mountains to the south. That was a very long time ago though, and a story far to long to tell this soon into our tale...

In the old days, before the arrival of the Blood Mist, Kiersap was an intersection, hotspot and bone of contention for a great variety of cultures, races and motives. Make no mistake. Blood was shed here, for this was a territory that many deemed worthy of fighting for and attempting to hold... A river that allowed transport to, and trade with, the far reaches of the land. A veritable wall of mountains to the south, making the location highly defensible. Above all though, were the natural riches of such a home. Mountains to stir clouds and lure rain. Water to fill rivers and attract fauna. A great diverse forest to supply not only timber, but also edibles and animals worthy of a hunter's feast.

Depending on who you ask, you'll get quite a different story about who was actually in power here, the day the Blood Mist came. It is of little consequence though, as through a great curse and tragedy perhaps came Kiersap's savior. For ten human generations the strange and unexplainable mists were ravenous. Travelers were devoured by the evil phenomena which arose from the ground at night. Very few dared venture outside after nightfall and fewer still knew for certain what lay beyond the horizon. The only way for the people of Kiersap to survive, perhaps even prosper, was to reinvent themselves. Forget the past. Forge a future. Use their isolation to resolve differences, and grow.

Over time, the misgivings between humans, elves, dwarves, orcs and the other races, mostly dissolved. Instead, the territory became ruled equally by an elder of each race. Together, this council forged an alliance of peace, and transformed Kiersap into a home where folks might work together rather than compete. Survive, rather than struggle. With careful management and a focus on caring for the land, as well as its people, the inhabitants were uniquely placed to maybe, just maybe, one day witness a world where no mist dare obscure their way, or steal the souls of friends and kin.

Well, this is the story we tell our children. Perhaps one day, some of them will have an opportunity to venture out and learn what is true...
__________________

Last edited by 97mg; Jul 13th, 2022 at 06:11 PM.
  #2  
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 11:38 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 5573
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,601


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Morning Quarter

Weather: Cold with rain clouds and light precipitation...

Farewell to the VillageThe overall mood of Kiersap's folk was optimistic of late. Not only had the Blood Mists retreated without explanation just a few days ago, but the season of Spring was also so so very close! Despite the nonseasonal chill in the air on this particular morning, the dark clouds above and random patches of gentle rain, spirits none the less... were high. There were better days ahead. A bumper of a harvest for growers for sure! A river full of fish, and more!

Honestly, most of the villagers were content with their lives here, and would go on has they had for the last three centuries, doing their part to keep a community safe, fed, and strong. They would gossip about "what might be out there" and perhaps wonder if any other villages or townships had managed to survive. Would they actively go and seek the truth though? Oh of course not! They had hut's thatching to mend, and seeds to drop into earth, and cooking to do!

Not everyone saw things as being quite so rosy though. They were a minority, but among the villagers and even a few of the elders, were those who had reacted to the mist's retreat with anything from fear, to potentially dangerous curiosity. In time, could the bounties of Kiersap's blessings attract others... unfavorable? Could all the work to bring peace to this land's many races, and the very way of life here, be at threat? What if the mists returned, as unpredictably as they'd gone? What of neighboring peoples out there, somewhere, had others survived? What strange temptations, evil and relics of the past might lie in the beyond, ready to corrupt and sew the sour seeds of greed?

The council's meetings had been rather heated of late, raised voices spilling words between the timber planks that formed the village hall's walls. They'd reached a consensus though. These people prided themselves on their freedom, and as such, their flock was free to do as they pleased. In the short time that followed, it was reassuring to witness many of the citizens deciding to stay here. This was home. They would remain and defend it if needed.

Knowledge is power though, and the elder's knew that some form of exploration of their region would be essential. Teams of scouts were sent out to check the perimeters and nearby lands, none of whom had returned yet. It was still early days however.

So too, were there occasional groups of villagers, or even brave individuals, striking off into the unknown for reasons varied. One such group had just assembled at the village's outer boundary, perhaps after some parting words to family and loved ones, or a quick stop into the marketplace for camping goods and sundries, or a final bite of one of Marjella's famous goat cheese muffins. They were an unlikely looking crew of many motivations, but even though each had their own reasons for heading out to "explore", they quite possibly had a common understanding.

Some things are best not faced, alone. Some rewards mean nothing, unless shared...

Hemdan
, a young goblin who made up for his stature with great wits and intuition, and a splash of magic too.

Phol
, a half-elven hunter who knew a good thing or two about the work required to stalk for future sustenance.

Stahl
and his trusty mount Bladdanser, a pair inseparable who had for so long been dreaming of wide open plains.

Oniver, a well established "collector" and trader of all manner of wares, with a reputation as varied as clientele.

Old Dog
, a wolfkin, who most likely didn't want to meet his final days before sniffing upon something new.


 
__________________

Last edited by 97mg; Jun 15th, 2022 at 02:43 AM.
  #3  
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 08:23 AM
HotsuSama's Avatar
HotsuSama HotsuSama is offline
Flightless buzzard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 22530
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Posts: 6,115
Stahl Hearthson
left-aligned image
Just outside of Kiersap, soft hills begin to rise sharply into steep forestland and jagged ridges that step upward into the mountains. The Hearthson clan lays claim to these foothills and rocky slopes, thinking they'd be prime for mines and ground excavation. That was in Stahl's grandfather's day. The venture still hasn't returned on its investment.

But the view from the slopes is better than within Kiersap. It entrances Stahl. And it fills him with a sweet kind of terror. Fervour overcomes fear, and he thinks more on his latest decision: to leave the village behind, and finally push beyond the small world he's known his whole life. Kiersap just seems so small now. The Blood Mist is gone, and no one truly knows why. Perhaps it will come back soon. But Stahl will never see the world the same again. The retreat of the mist has made the world larger again, and even if it were to return in a day, Stahl will meet it in the wild places, not in this place.

Earlier this morning, Stahl had said as much to Phol, the half-elf hunter he sometimes crossed paths with outside the village. "Been wondering how far Bladdanser could gallop past the trees. Seemed like the forest thinned out northward one you push far enough, though that might be a trick of the mist. We get to see for ourselves now. Feels like I've been waiting since m'first days for this. Are you the same?"

And now, they both stand on the outskirts, ready to test that notion.

Others are here, too. That the wolfkin 'Old Dog' is among the departing is no surprise, despite their advanced age. "If you'd favour it, we can roam together for a while," he'd said to Old Dog, a straight and simple offer to be taken or rejected. Stahl expected the wolfkin would appreciate the directness.

Nor is it much of a shock to see the goblin Hemdan checking hunting supplies. Stahl can't bring himself to make the same offer. Goblins generally don't unnerve him, but this one sometimes does. They lock eyes by chance, and Stahl raises his hand in an awkward hail but remains silent.

Now he looks to the merchant, Oniver. The smarmy peddler is not Stahl's first choice for company despite their shared Alesian heritage, but they both count themselves among the growing throng of would-be travellers, even if they're not sworn to travel alongside each other yet. And Oniver also seems to be one of the few in town with a large, respectable tent in their stock. Tents have hardly been regular items in Kiersap when no one risked camping within the Blood Mist, so scarcity has bred necessity. He approaches Oniver and stands tall to present himself. "Kinsman," he says stiffly, and already Oniver might sense a change in mood. "I know you have a good tent on hand, and you can guess that I'll be needing it." He looks away in nervousness. He could get by without a tent, but it'd be better to have access to one. "So, let's talk."

OOCJust getting settled with some RP. I'm kinda going with the vibe that we're still coming together as a group before heading out.

Some minor edits, seeing as I initially missed that the mist rose only at night.

 
__________________

Last edited by HotsuSama; Jun 8th, 2022 at 05:43 PM.
  #4  
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 11:38 AM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 24th, 2023
RPXP: 2943
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,511
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

The morning air was chilly, and the light drizzle occasionally fell a bit heavier in sporadic bursts as the peddler gathered together his belongings outside his home. The entire village had been in a buzz when the Blood Mist suddenly lifted, and countless rumours made their rounds, from one ear to the next, then back around again. Many were terrified, unsure what this change signified, but Oniver was practically quivering with anticipation. Having grown up with the rich songs and stories of the nomadic Galdane people, he had long ago felt he had outgrown this small village. Alas, the Blood Mist had trapped him here, as it did his ancestors over three centuries ago. But that has all changed, now, and a wide world awaited him. Oniver was eager to strike out into the vast unknown and reclaim the ancient traditions of his proud heritage. And, of course, make some money along the way.



As he meandered through town toward the edge of the village, Oniver was aware of other potential travelers around him. He had seen Hemdan, the young goblin, in the tanner's shop, debating over whether or not to purchase an extremely worn jerkin. The peddler smiled at the dimunitive figure, then turned to the shopkeep. With a few buttery words and a reminder about a past favor, Gerrok agreed to part with a new leather vest he had recently constructed, and at last year's market price at that! With another thoughtful glance at the goblin and the ratty little suit of armor, Oniver pitched his words in what he hoped was a reasonable tone, "How about giving the lad a break on that, eh?"

Exiting the shop, Oniver caught sight of Old Dog, and eyed the wolfkin with trepidation. He wasn't sure why he felt uneasy around those kin, but pulmonary tremors fluttered through his body whenever he saw one. Had he been a more introspective man, Oniver might diagnose it as an irrational fear brought on by some unresolved childhood trauma, but instead he just grunted and walked the other direction, placed his packs on the ground, and donned his new leather vest.

Oniver was rolling his shoulders, checking the jerkin's fit, when Stahl approached. The nearly-perpetual grin that plastered the peddler's face widened, showing white teeth beneath that broom of a mustache. "Good day, master Hearthson," he said in response to Stahl's greeting. "Though I suppose if it weren't for the rain, this would be a great day." Oniver's smile did not slip when Stahl went straight to business. Indeed, perhaps his lips even rose by a fraction. "Aye, let's talk! For, you see, your need is also my need as well. Though I have many goods for sale—which I'd be pleased to show you!—the tent is not among them. So let's make a bargain. Clearly we are both eager to set out into the great unknown and discover its mysteries, sooo... I'll apportion some sleeping space for you in exchange for your company and expertise on the road." A break in the clouds sent a single ray of light glinting off the peddler's teeth before the sky became overcast again.


OOCAttempted a barter (dice roll), got one 6 and one 1 (on the Base die, damaging Empathy by 1 but earning me 1 WP... so yay?).

 

Last edited by Effete; Jun 8th, 2022 at 01:24 PM.
  #5  
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Chylopan's Avatar
Chylopan Chylopan is offline
Modron Manager
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 7869
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Posts: 1,187
Old Dog
right-aligned image
This particular morning was dreary and overcast. Were it not for the biting wind the Old Dog might not have minded the soft pitter-patter borrowed from the indecisive clouds — but it was biting, and he did mind; the matted feeling of his swept back mane and shaggy coat was not very pleasant. Nevertheless, the Wolfkin had learned in his age not to let inauspicious beginnings sully the potential for auspicious middles and ends. Today he was leaving the village, leaving familiar faces (with familiar faces), for what might be the last time, to brave the unknown for naught more than a sense of adventure — accomplishment, redemption, perhaps, too.

And who better to risk the perils of traveling outside the safety of town and into the Blood Mists than one already past his prime, who had already lived a full life, and known both bitter and sweet tribulations? The Old Dog only hoped that he'd go out with a bang and not a whimper — but, if he didn't... c'est la vie.

He was packed and ready, let come what may.




The Hearthson passed him first and offered a pack with which to travel. While it had been some time since he had been a part of such, far be it from the Wolfkin to look a gift horse (with a horse) in the mouth.

"This dog will hunt," he replied, bowing a gray snout in placid acceptance.

Then passed by the merchant — peddler; thief, was more like it — known as Oniver. Dog knew his kind more than he cared to admit. And, while it was one thing to pilfer for survival's sake... it was another altogether to do so for profit. Dishonorable to say the least; untrustworthy to put it bluntly. But, again, the wisdom brought by reaching his twilight has taught the Wolfkin never to judge a book by its cover — stereotype, sure; be very, very cautious (trepidatious even); but give the benefit of the doubt... at first, anyhow. People could surprise you just so easily as they might let you down.

It seemed Hemdan, too, would sally forth with the assembled party. A curious, spritely thing — but amusingly exuberant. It brought the Dog quiet joy to see such bravery and excitement from a small and unseemly creature. The workings of magic were an enigma to him — beyond knowing that they could deal great harm, or heal — but were always thought by the Wolfkin to be something deserving of respect and awe, at least when possessed and wielded by the right person. Besides, if things got dire out there, it was always nice to know beforehand who was to be eaten first.

"A dog is impressed by your bravery, small one. Have you enough room in that tiny body for both bravery and courage, he wonders."

Who was left? Ah, the Elf — or was it Half-Elf? — did it matter? Dog was thankful that they were aligned with one with such an affinity for the wilds. It meant that, for howsoever long the fellow might see fit to stay with them, that they needn't fear for stalking or scrounging. Presuming Phol fit the stereotype. He certainly looked the part, for that it was worth.

A very motley crew, all things considered. Where they were headed, however, a bit of variety likely meant a greater chance at survival.

Let come what may.


Last edited by Chylopan; Jun 8th, 2022 at 01:53 PM.
  #6  
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 08:15 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 3749
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,670
Hemdan
left-aligned image

Seeing a few groups forming up and looking out from the village Hemdan realises this is likely his best chance to get on and out in the world - escape the mistrust the village Goblins show him, learn more about his other nature, live.

After picking up some snares he heads over to the Dwarf to get a little protection which goes as well as expected when dealing with their likes. Whilst there he spots Oniver and notices a large package he is carrying, a tent perhaps. After failing to get a deal on a leather vest he follows Oniver, and whilst putting it wonders if the peddler has made some arrangements to expand his trade outside the village. This seems to be confirmed when he sees the other characters approaching from the other direction.

A human with a horse Interesting, transport and emergency rations - the Goblin catches his eye and the human waves, Hemdan nods back unsure he was seen but a wave is an uncommon friendly gesture and he carries on walking over feeling a little more confident with his choice. Close by he spots Phol, someone he has watched sometimes as not many folks brave the woods and there is Old Dog. Goblin rumour has it wolfkin and goblins work well together but this could be rumour or tales from before the mists but this one looks more Grey wolf than and old dog and handy with a weapon - another fine choice.

All things considered this looks like the group that might best survive this new age and with this new found realisation and excitement Hemdan walks a little quicker towards this group.

Typical Goblin, not overly mindful of social norms of others he blurts out "The river runs north and I reckon the easier path lies that way too. Woods to hunt, water to fish and the words of Eor written all over it. Lets go before the day gets late. Oh I'm Hemdan by the way who are you? We can talk on the way so no need to wait."

What a fine entrance, watching humans has certainly paid off and if not for the skin colour they would be none the wiser With that he twirls his chalk and takes a few purposeful strides towards the river before expectantly looking back.


 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Survived Ski Season. If I am late posting remind me or just take over.

Last edited by psuedenim; Jun 8th, 2022 at 08:45 PM.
  #7  
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 10:53 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 1340
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 772
Phol
right-aligned image
The halfelf, as was his wont, was late. Indeed once he was see to approach, seemingly come direct from the muddy field for his attire was no too clean, he offered no word of apology or explanation. In truth, few had spoken to him for he was known to keep to the woods during the day and only return to his hovel of a home when night fell and the Blood Mist soon would rise. This was just as well for his reputation was not redeeming and many who had dealt with him had ill words to describe the encounter.

He seemed to breath deeply as he surveyed the group, then look round to the town which the company would soon leave. But instead of speaking immediately, he spit on the ground. To that statement he finally added, "Aaaah and we'll be off then now shall we?"

His speech was slow though whether thoughtful or simple one could not rightly say upon first hearing. That he had survived for so long with so little to do with the town at least implied he would be adept at living off the land as the group traveled.
  #8  
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 11:29 PM
HotsuSama's Avatar
HotsuSama HotsuSama is offline
Flightless buzzard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 22530
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Posts: 6,115
Stahl Hearthson
left-aligned image
Stahl exhales sharply through his nostrils. By Horn's blistered breast ... Oniver's deal, on the surface, is a good one. He gets shelter in the wilderness - debatable whether he needs it, but he's trying to prepare as best he can for a long journey. And having a canny peddler on hand has its practical advantages. Whether Oniver will be a liability on the road, or will attempt to extract further obligation from the deal in the future is a risk, but a manageable one. "Deal. I'm already riding out with the wolfkin Old Dog, we can hike together."

By now the goblin Hemdan has approached and expressed his own desires to follow the river. Stahl nods. "Until we have better bearings of the land past our borders, keeping the river close is wise." It's probably the most he's ever said to the goblin. A motley band appears to be forming around them; even Phol the half-elf has appeared at their side. Phol spits and declares they should leave, seemingly impatient to leave Kiersap behind. Stahl shrugs at this. "I was going to see to my clan, but ... we can go now. See if any of them chase after me," he says with a sad chortle.

OOCIf we're voting on specific hexes, I'd go for northeast. Follow the river, no reason to cross yet (Stahl wouldn't be against crossing, but he's going to be wary of making more deals and whether Bladdanser will be okay with the crossing).

 
__________________
  #9  
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 01:24 AM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 24th, 2023
RPXP: 2943
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,511
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

This time Oniver's smile does slip. Word that the wolfkin will be joining the party was not the best news that the peddler could have heard, but he knew it was a likely outcome when he saw Old Dog standing nearby. He admits to himself, however, that it would be prudent to have a companion along who can fight.

Almost immediately the toothy smile is back when Hemdan chimes in.
"Ho ho," Oniver bellows, turning toward the goblin, "my shadow has a voice, and it speaks with wisdom. Yes, following the river is indeed the smartest path, but is it the easier? That's to be discovered. And behold, here is our elusive hunter, Phol... or is it Phlem." Oniver looks at the loogie on the ground quizically.

Everyone seems restless to get a move on except Stahl, who mentions seeing to the affairs of his clan. "Ho, getting homesick already, are we, and we hardly took a step. Except master Hemdan, there. He's already taken several. But I suppose you can see to your clan and catch up with us this afternoon. If your trusty steed is as swift as you boast, it should not be difficult; simply follow the river." Oniver gestures grandly with an arm. A heartbeat later, he looks up at the sky trying to find the sun, his smiling face replaced with a neutral expresssion. "I would not tarry here much longer, though. the moonEor still shows her face early this time of the year, and we should put as many miles behind us as we can." Glancing meaningfully at each of his companions, Oniver asks, "So, who wants to lead the way, then?"


OOCNortheast sounds good. If Stahl wants to catch up later, one person can Take the Lead for the first Hex and Stahl can take over for the second. Although, spliting the party this early might not be the wisest decision...

 
  #10  
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Chylopan's Avatar
Chylopan Chylopan is offline
Modron Manager
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 7869
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Posts: 1,187
Old Dog
right-aligned image
Assembled, ready and rearing, some of them even excited to go — ah, adventure did await! Old Dog, however, was his usually placid and even keel, merely tagging along for the time being, not in any way interested in steering the direction of the jaunt like some of the more willful (read: youthful) amongst them.

"Point the way and a dog will lead," he volunteered, adjusting his swordbelt and folding both mighty arms over his broad, furry chest. "He is not foolish enough to claim no fear of the unknown, but has lived long enough to welcome whatever it may bring, good or bad." While moseying to the front of the group he reached out a kindly claw to graze along Bladdanser's mane. "Shall we away then? An old dog's bones do not ache but they aren't fond of keeping idle."



OOCOld Dog is volunteering to lead in whatever direction the party sees fit, unless there is an objection.

Last edited by Chylopan; Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:22 AM.
  #11  
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 12:18 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 3749
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,670
Hemdan
left-aligned image


Whilst waiting for the rest of the group to decide on what to do Hemdan had a tingle of doubt. Why north and why now? Not unusual for Goblins to be impulsive at times but with the mists just lifted times were different and thinking could be different too.

Wracking his green brain over tales heard through his youth Hemdan tried to determine if this desire to head north was a move towards something or a move away. And was that move driven by fear or self-interest...

It came to him, remembering tales from his youth and snippets of conversation overheard from the others


OOCI can finish editing this when we see what Stahl's interest is and how it affect the Lore result


 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Survived Ski Season. If I am late posting remind me or just take over.
  #12  
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 07:48 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 5573
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,601
Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Morning Quarter

Weather: Cold with rain clouds and light precipitation...

A Gobbo's ContemplationsAnticipation, excitement, perhaps even a sprinkling of fear, these villagers had gathered for purposes common, and also not so common. One thing was for sure though, that this day would mark the beginning of new era in their lives. The unknown was waiting... and a goblin looked to be lost in thought for a few moments...
__________________

Last edited by 97mg; Jun 15th, 2022 at 02:43 AM.
  #13  
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 08:31 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 3749
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,670
Hemdan
left-aligned image


Hemdan taps his head on his staff in rhythm to a little tune of sorts and hums and utters.
"...hmm..de..hmmm... salmon...hmm...dooopy..doop..humans...holes...tapp y..tap...mountains...hum-de-hum..."

The wittering stops but the tapping carries for a little longer. Hemdan than looks up at the sky shielding his eyes Eor's love this light seems stronger without the mists and with a little jump spins his staff and points roughly north. "Might be a city thata way, ruined or not I dont know." He shrugs and with another little skip he spins his staff to the East "Wolfkin - maybe - and a god of dirt, or in dirt, or dirty"

The last words leave a confused look on his face certainty now replaced by choices and no longer his alone to make. Hemdan stops and looks expectantly at the group "Still North?" he asks less confidently.



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Survived Ski Season. If I am late posting remind me or just take over.

Last edited by psuedenim; Jun 9th, 2022 at 08:32 PM.
  #14  
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 08:53 PM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 24th, 2023
RPXP: 2943
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,511
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

"Still north?" the goblin asked, and the peddler answered perhaps a bit too quickly.

"Indeed! Following the river is a grand idea, if only for the fact that we know it leads home if trouble is found out yonder. How far does the forest stretch to the east? What turns and detours would we need to make that could potentially get us lost? Nay, I say! Stick to the safer path." Oniver glanced at his companions, curious as to what their decision might be. He brightened at the prospect that he held one bargaining chip: he had the tent.


OOC

 

Last edited by Effete; Jun 9th, 2022 at 08:54 PM.
  #15  
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 01:39 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 1340
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 772
Phol
right-aligned image
Phol's dour look was unchanged as he chewed on the peddler's words....or was he actually chewing on something stuck in his teeth? He hadn't eaten anything since arriving so.....how long had that been in there? Or is this just something he does when he is thinking? God's alone knew!

Apparently during this moment it occurred to the filthy bugger that perhaps others would think him well-traveled and look now to him for knowledge. In that their disappointment would be the same as most experienced when dealing with the man. "I know the trails and trees within a league of this cursed town, yeah where the she-fox bears her pups and the crested falcon sits to dine on hare and snake alike, yes I do. The land here has been crossed and crossed again for decades by my stride. But farther than that I know no more than others who needed ensure they were back inside their home before the Blood Mist did rise and rend."

Scratching himself under one arm he grimaces, "All directions but the mountains offer bounty from the land. Them's then says I are equal in measure. Choose smartly or not, I care little, only let us be away."

The strange fellow definitely appeared ready to be done with Keirsap.


OOCTotal backwoods hick. hehe, I'm going to have fun figuring out how to make this guy annoying but not toooo annoying



Last edited by DBCowboy; Jun 10th, 2022 at 01:47 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB