RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 8th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
Verbiage is a bit unclear.

Can you confirm my understanding of this is right?
  • If the main character takes it, they would only get the minions and they would be NPC classes.
  • If the cohort takes it, then they would get their own cohort and extra minions, but all would be NPC classes.

So logically, it makes more sense for the cohort to take it, unless the main character is off the charts with leadership skill.
Correct on all counts. Apologies for what appears to be a stroke on my end. I probably shouldn't be answering questions at 5am lol

The main reason I'm giving you guys so many minions and a cohort is that logically the plans you all have will require a lot of legwork and manpower. So rather than feat taxing you all to and try to optimize Leadership, its just better for everyone if I give you minions and a cohort for free, opening up more options for everyone. I will say though, only one level down can take Leadership. Se your cohort's cohort can't take Leadership. I'm not having this turn into a pyramid scheme of Leadership....unless one of you wants to start a fantasy MLM?

Last edited by Preacherwolf; Apr 8th, 2021 at 05:15 PM.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 180
Inverse Null Inverse Null
Obviously, this is really, really a work in progress. It'll all get there, I promise.

ApplicationName: Nihayat al-Bidaya ibn al-Nasayan
Race: Ifrit
Age: 175 (middle-aged). Nihayat will be taking levels in the Exalted PRC. While he's not far enough along yet, he hopes to reach the point where he becomes literally immune to death from aging before he, well, dies from aging. Luckily, he has quite a lot of room to go.
Class: Oracle (of the Apocalypse) [Dual-Cursed: Blackened/Wrecker] / Exalted (of Groetus)
Alignment: CN. Obviously, Nihayat's nature and deity don't let him fit into the convenient boxes of order and law. On the other hand, he's decidedly not malicious about his goals. He's opposed members of his own faith before, and likely will again. He genuinely cares about the lives of the people around him, and not just his friends. But, still, "saving the world... for later" does sort of preclude the G tier of the alignment grid.

Description: [I suddenly regret having passed up an opportunity to commission artwork of this character a few years back. Still looking!]

Background:

The Idea!: Nihayat has... unconventional views on the end times. Oh, he wants to see them, of course. But just as a pyromaniac might take greater pleasure in letting fire consume a grand tower than a broken-down outhouse, Nihayat wants to make sure the world is worth ending. After all, there can be all sorts of disasters and setbacks; civilizations rise and fall a dime a dozen. But each world only ever gets one Last Day, when Groetus emerges from the skies over the lands of the dead to package this creation away, to sweep out the dust of everything that was, and make it all available for the next cycle. Nihayat wants this world's Last Day to be memorable for the God of the End Times. In a firestarter's terms, he wants to make it worth burning down. So all the goals to help the peoples of this world, to make their cities safe and glorious, to reach up spires to the very heights of Heaven? He's all for that. The world is full of constant challenges, so go ahead and bring all the peoples of the world together to defeat them. Win! Make manifest Paradise, or as close to it as unsteady and squabbling mortals can hope to accomplish. And then, pull the plug on it, finally and forever. Of course, he leaves that last bit off the public flyers.

The Mechanics:

The Assistant:

Role: Agent of high diplomacy. Speaker of divine power. Executor of fate. Hmm... let's go with "grand vizier", perhaps? Look, whoever winds up leading this place and trying to get things done is going to need more help than their personal minions can provide. And let's be honest, wizards and gladiators and the sort of people who can solve the world's actual problems, well... they're not always the greatest people at selling those solutions. If this city and this world is really going to get its act together, it's going to need someone to get people to the discussion tables, to smooth over differences of opinions and find common cause. Or, if all else fails, to rally the people to solve some of the really stubborn problems the "sharp bits of edge metal" way. Fortunately, no grand vizier has ever had their own personal motivations for being helpful.

Player Goal: For one thing, I played essentially this character for a long time in PFS, so there's a real possibility that someone here will have seen Nihayat at a convention table. I just really like him. He's always been a blast to play, and I wish I could have done so in something more serious than the random-unconnected-module-of-the-day that is Society play. I want to enjoy his ability to zigzag assumptions. Groetus cultists are stark raving nutters trying to end the world. But this is a fun inversion: a friendly, sympathetic, high-Charisma take on an agent of the Apocalypse. But of course, that's an inversion too; Nihayat is a constructive party member and not a villain because his plans, to the extent they're truly villainous, play out in Long Time. And of course, I find the whole goal here satisfying from sort of a meta-game sense; from the players' perspective, Nihayat's real goal is to reach the end of a long, successful, satisfying campaign where we right the great wrongs of the world and usher in a great golden age... and then turn out the lights on the way out of the story.

RP Sample:

Last edited by Inverse Null; Apr 8th, 2021 at 06:44 PM.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43056
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf
. I'm not having this turn into a pyramid scheme of Leadership....unless one of you wants to start a fantasy MLM?
No chance of that. Cohorts need to be at least 2 levels lower than the owner of the feat. But my promise to you is that my cohortís cohortís cohort will be named Ponzi.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 09:11 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8119
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Question about Leadership. You're saying that our assistant can have Leadership even if the main character doesn't take it but could both the Main character and assistant take Leadership. Obviously any Cohort gained from Leadership can't have Leadership as well but since the Assistant is not gained through Leadership would they not fall under this restriction?
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 09:24 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Question about Leadership. You're saying that our assistant can have Leadership even if the main character doesn't take it but could both the Main character and assistant take Leadership. Obviously any Cohort gained from Leadership can't have Leadership as well but since the Assistant is not gained through Leadership would they not fall under this restriction?
My first question would be do you really need two characters with leadership, just how many people do you need to do your bidding and are going to make me keep track of?!

But, yes, your character and you're assistant could both take leadership. The restrictions would be though that only the assistant gets a cohort, your character doesn't. As the assistant is in theory a better cohort than anything the leadership feat could give you. This would mean that you would get the extra minions, your assistant would get a cohort and extra minions and all of these extra minions and cohorts would have the appropriate level NPC class levels as per the feat rules.
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 02:53 AM
Kinda Machiavellian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3762
HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel
Chemistry is fun
Name: Albel Balthasar Cornelius Drahzen Elzebert Ferdinand Glassheim the 6th, great master chymist of Caliphas, Ergorian and Almas.

Race: Human

Description: An unassuming middle aged man, Albel keeps his face clean shaven and his wavy light brown hair shoulder length. He practically always wears the same bespoke green and gold attire. His steel grey eyes seem dimmed by his constant reading and experimenting in the dark, but an almost malign glint can be seen when he figures out how to solve a problem.

Background: Eldest son of Albel Balthasar Cornelius Drahzen Elzebert Glassheim the 5th, Albel has followed in the Glassheim family business of alchemy. He also had the unenviable task of naming his first born son after the family tradition, although Albel Balthasar Cornelius Drahzen Elzebert Ferdinand Godfroie the 7th was not as hard a name to figure out as he originally thought. Having been taught by multiple members of his family along with the top minds in Golarion, he soon became a master of the craft and was very much in demand across Avistan.

During this time he began experimenting quite heavily. Specifically, he began work on a project that had caught his attention during his first few years of study, namely enhancing the general health of the populace. He had seen too many children suffer from malnutrition and simply too many people succumb to disease. These numerous experiments led him to a sad and undeniable conclusion. To really enhance peoples' lives, people needed to be...well...better.

From his prestigious offices in some of the great capitals, Albel began trying to implement gradual changes into a number of small town scattered across the continent to see if anything could be done. After finding some small measure of success during a few of these trials, Albel felt invigorated. If he could manage this mostly alone, what could he do if he were to find like minded counterparts. Over the next couple years he found a growing number of followers and with this newfound support his experimentations became more and more radical. His work became all consuming, so much so that results were became far more important then the cost...whatever it might be.

Idea: To create a race of superior beings from the existing stock of "underwhelming creatures" populating the city and its surroundings.

Mechanics: Infusion extracts, potions and mutagens and other discoveries. Boat loads of money! Cuz these things ain't cheap. Minions will gather supplies and help with the daily running of the massive alchemical workshop. They will also be the ones responsible for disseminating Albel's creations into the towns food, water and medicine.

Assistant: Dragoslav Tzevche, Ustalav man, former professor of magic, wizard with a focus on crafting. Mainly helps with extra potion crafting and magic support.

Role: Public Health *wink-wink*

Player wants: Fun, madness, and maybe some snacks, who knows. Although transforming the people of Parsantium into a greater race of all powerful bastards immune to death and disease...well...that would just be dandy wouldn't it.

RP Sample They had worked for day to ensure all the preparations had been done properly. All the solutions were prepared, the burners ready, everything was strapped down. They couldnt afford another mishap like a wobbly stand like last time. So little an issue at cost them a full week of preparation. This time nothing was amiss, Albel's latest experiment could begin. "Get 1 and 5 to a boil. 4 to a simmer. Leave 2,3 and 6 at room temperature." he began ordering the help. "Once 1 and 5 are boiling they cannot stop no matter what, otherwise the solution will crystalize." he continued. Multiple nods and gestures of affirmation let Albel know the message was clear. None of the people working for him were incompetent, he had made sure of that. Its the unknowns he was worried about. 17 failures so far this month and all of them were the result of unpredictable variables. Hopefully this time would be different. Hopefully, this would be the success he was aching for.

The solutions in flasks 1 and 5 quickly began to boil. Everything seemed to be going well, the rate of distillation was as close to perfect as it could be. The solution in 4 was at a gentle simmer, perfect. The rest was simply a question of adding which mixture at what specific time. "Ladies and gentlemen, stand at the ready." Albel belted. Every ear perked up and moment later the workshop was almost completely silent. Taking a deep breath Albel turned the first of his hourglasses. "Open the valves on 1 and 3." he called out. Seamlessly both solutions began running down the tubes at the same moment. "Now quarter turn on 2." he called again turning another hourglass. The large copper pot began emptying slowly through a series of pipes and into a series of smaller flasks which in turn began dripping their contents into another series of tubes. Beads of sweat were beginning to form on his forehead as he concentrated on the task. Everything was going perfectly, the mixing of the solutions looked to be stable. "4." he called turning his last hourglass, immediately looking back at the first. "Open 6, close 1." he called as soon as it ran out. "This is going to work..." he thought for a moment. Banishing it from his mind he redoubled his focus. The sand was about to run out in the second hourglass. This was the crucial point of the experiment. "Open 5, full on 2." he shouted. With this last step, everything would either succeed or fail.

"Do you think this will work sir?" asked Dragoslav looking on with clear anxiety across his face. "I sincerely don't know my friend." said Albel, gazing forward intently hoping for a positive reaction. The sand was halfway through his third hourglass. This was the difficult part, the waiting. A few more minutes would let them know if things had worked as intended or not. His eyes were suddenly attracted by a small flash of light and them darkness. A burner had flickered out. "Quick, light it again!" he shouted to a servant. The man was immediately on the burner and lit it in an instant. But it was too late, the solution in flask 5 had already begun solidifying. Albel's jaw tightened and his heart sank as he turned his eyes to the experiment again. Screams of excruciating pain could be heard all throughout the workshop as the restrained figure contorted in the most inhuman fashion. Looking on in disappointment at the now twisted and misshapen man strapped to the operating table, Albel waved his hand at the servant and slumped down at his desk, his head resting in his hands. Dragoslav turned to Albel with a nervous expression. Without needing to speak a single word Albel knew what his colleague's mind was wondering.

"Put it with the others...we'll find a use for him later." he sighed as he began writing his notes.

Last edited by HellsingsRaziel; Apr 10th, 2021 at 08:39 PM.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4406
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
I kinda lost the thread on this one, PW. I'm going to withdraw because I'm just not really feeling the character anymore. This game looks excellent, though, and I wish all of you the best of luck!
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 08:58 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icereach View Post
I kinda lost the thread on this one, PW. I'm going to withdraw because I'm just not really feeling the character anymore. This game looks excellent, though, and I wish all of you the best of luck!
That's a shame man. You had a really good hook and idea.

As for everyone else, deadline is coming up. If you've finished your application could you just let me know so I can see who I'm waiting on and who's ready?
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 09:25 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
BTW Preacherwolf. Noticed you haven't put down an entry for my 'Plan', likely because it's a little complex and confusing. Might I suggest listing it as an Economic Revolution?
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 10:00 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
BTW Preacherwolf. Noticed you haven't put down an entry for my 'Plan', likely because it's a little complex and confusing. Might I suggest listing it as an Economic Revolution?
actually, its because when I first did the table you didn't have anything written just more of a placeholder and I haven't updated the table since

amended now though
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 10:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Kaylor is ready to go
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 01:50 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Preacher Been trying to work on the RP Sample and should have it done by the deadline. I've also been working on a map for the temple for those times I don't want to think as much
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 07:05 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Which now reminds me. If people are interested or want more infomation. I have maps of Parsantium and the surronding area and a map of the world:

Old Apr 13th, 2021, 12:08 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
First three maps don't seem to want to work for me. Even inspecting the source doesn't really give me anything. Anyone else?
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 01:09 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36456
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Sorry taleteller, I can see the first three maps perfectly fine.