Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > 13th Age > Best Laid Plans
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 14th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Da Hype

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1871
William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm
"Not a problem," Donaar responded. A returning smile formed on his lips, Syanna bringing feelings warm as the hearth, warm as her golden hands. The meeting was the best thing to happen to him today, meeting someone so understanding, so fitting, so... so attractive. The dragon stood up from the chair, holding his hand to his mouth to supress a sudden burst of chuckling from... from embarrassment?

It took him a moment to get it out of his system. Donaar reached deep into the pockets of his robe, pulling out coin for Jasper to take - for the meal, and for the shared room. He faced Jasper, a slight lean in his stance to fully face the halfling. "This should be my coin for the meal, and for the room Syanna and I will share together. If you may. Oh, and please make sure the sleeping girl here is more comfortable,". his eyes going towards Aiella.

Last edited by William Imm; Jul 14th, 2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2015, 05:42 PM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12115
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
"I will return your generosity", Emberclaw said to Donaar and pulled out a small purse of her own for Jasper to have. Her attention was at Aiella, who was slowly disappearing beneath the table. "I do not have much, but it will suffice a room for the young girl. Tom and Stinker, will you help Aiella up to her room? I am sure Jasper will lead the way."

She wasn't naive to send the two men on their way with the unconscious girl in tow. She knew men harbored other than good intent in their hearts. However these two had a specific aura over them. They didn't stoop so low to take advantage over a defenseless girl as Aiella. Though they looked ragged and their souls may have deep scars, Tom and Stinker weren't of the despicable lot. At least that was not what Syanna thought of them.

She finished her meal and gently dabbed a napkin on her lips. "I will go to my... our room", she said sheepishly and got up from the table. "Good night to you".
Old Jul 18th, 2015, 06:16 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1683
Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus
Jasper nodded, taking the coins.

ooc
Costs for the meal -
3 sp for each who ate
3-4 coppers for a good amount of ale or wine (3 cp for ale, 4 for wine)
1 copper for water drinkers. It's good water, though.

Donaar and Syanna's room will cost 8 silver
Aiella's room will cost 6 silver.
If Tom stays the night alone, it's 6, or 8 with Stinker. If all 3 share a room, it's 10, but Syanna might disapprove.
Stinker - contact me in your private room if you do decide to wander the city by night.

1 gold is 10 silvers, 1 silver is 10 coppers. Let me know if you don't have the coin for this. Most likely you've plenty of coin for this kind of fair pricing.

Jasper calls over a brother-in-law, York, and directs York to lead Donaar and Syanna to their room. Aiella's is at the end of the same hall, and Tom and Stinker are offered rooms if they choose to room together or apart.

oocLet me know what you plan to do, and we'll move forward to the morning. Any overnight activity can be managed in a thread, if you request it (like Donaar and Syanna did) or in your private place. Tomorrow we seek out a quest, perhaps, and earn a name as problem solvers. Combat opportunities from most of the above-named quest givers? Yup.
Old Jul 18th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Da Hype

Tools
User Statistics
William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm
Donaar followed York into the room. After all that was thrust upon him today, a chance to get it all off his chest with someone he trusts is well deserved.

The story continues - Dragons in Spirit

Last edited by William Imm; Jul 18th, 2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old Jul 26th, 2015, 12:28 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus Xiasmus
Morning came quietly, with the light-footed halflings tending to travelers and patrons. Dawnlight streamed in the front windowpane in the common room, refracting on crystals which hung just below the window, streaming small bands of rainbow across the wood.

Water was served to everyone coming down from their rooms, and coffee and tea were brewing over the hearth. The cooks were already at work, baking great loves in all ovens, both for the day's meals and the local charities.

Maxim, rosy cheeked, smiled as everyone gathered. "Will you be staying another night? Or have you decided on your destination?'

Last edited by Xiasmus; Jul 26th, 2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old Jul 27th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22079
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Thomas looks from one face to the other, and then shrugs. "I rather think that we have an appointment with the town guard," he says grandly. "Consulting on a matter of some small importance; all very hush-hush, you understand." He taps the side of his nose, winking at Maxim.

"We may yet return, my dear fellow. It depends, I fear, on where the day takes us. With luck, it shall deposit us again upon your doorstep before nightfall."
Old Jul 28th, 2015, 12:21 AM
Da Hype

Tools
User Statistics
Donaar sipped the fresh spring water from the mug, a smile towards Syanna and foggy attention drifted towards the pub's pleasant mixture of morning aromas. The fresh, yeasty smell of magnificently baked bread, the comforting burnt ash from the hearth, and the invigorating fragrance of brewing coffee were all picked up by a few hearty sniffs of the dragon's powerful nose. One particular smell stood high and above the rest, however, and that was of a delightful Earl Grey blend, steeping over the fire of the hearth. Donaar slowly tilted his head, pinpointing the beautiful fragrance to a similarly beautiful kettle. Familiar memories of him doing the same routine back home surfaced, Gilfron always finding the behavior endearing. Those thoughts drifted farther back, using the same pinpointing smelling to track down a satiating meal for the hungry dragon.

The druid's mental haze was penetrated with Maxim's friendly question. "Maxim," he said earnestly, "your hospitality so far has been excellent, and I hope to return to the Bitten Boar in the future. And Tom, by the town guard, do you mean Ennis? I would be willing to accompany with him. I have interest in seeking out Bitter Cress, but... that, that I'm not entirely sure of. Fresh tea would help me focus."
Old Jul 28th, 2015, 05:37 PM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12115
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
"It would do us both good to seek out this Bitter Cress", Syanna noted to Donaar with a smile, reminding him of what they talked about the night before. Perhaps she had answers for both dragons in spirit. She sipped the hot tea from a decoratively glazed cup, with delicate depictions of flowers, of which were used to make blends of tea.

"Maxim, I would definitely return to your establishment again. But for now we have a long day ahead of us and much can happen. How about the rest of you?" she asked as she turned to the others at their table. "Did you have a good nights rest?"
Old Jul 29th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22079
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
"Ennis indeed," Tom declares with a smile. "The man is clearly out of his depth; I'm certain that we can remedy matters with little difficulty. And I slept passably well, madam," he continues, "It would have been more restful had I not been serving as a bed myself, but," he shrugs, "I'm used to it."
Old Jul 29th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Likes tai chi & chai tea

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11877
driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood
There's a minor commotion at the door, as Stinker comes stumbling in backwards, tripping over a small three-legged stool and exposing his three-legged stool. Lurching to his feet, he looks around, more wild-eyed than usual. For some reason, there is a bird's nest stuck to his cap. Hairlock comes piling in shortly after him, his straw looking rather rougher around the edges.

"Restful night? Not hardly. Didn't realize word could get around that easily among birds." Hairlock points to Stinker's head, and Stinker mashes a hand up there, yelping quietly when it encounters the nest. He angrily shakes it into debris on the floor, stamping on it petulantly. "Anyway ... I'm ready to leave this district. Very ready. For a while. Until things tweet, er, settle down."
Old Jul 30th, 2015, 05:20 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Maxim nodded encouragingly. "Captain Ennis may be easier to find. I do not know whether Bitter Cress is in the city at this time. You could ask at NorthGate or EastGate, if you wish to find her."

Last edited by Xiasmus; Jul 30th, 2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old Jul 30th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 780
Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus
Aiella, who had just finished fashioning a rather crude palm-sized doll out of straw from the stables, and was now in the process of painting a face on it, glanced up periodically as the others conversed. Finally deciding to join in as it seemed they were deciding on a destination, "If no one else is going to say it, I will. Doesn't Bitter Cress sound like some tasty culinary confection? Seriously, what kind of name is that? Still, I suppose it's better than Rotten, would you say?" She smiled broadly, but then glanced at her makeshift doll, which had gotten up onto wobbly feet and started to lurch across the table on its own. She quickly slapped both her palms over it, causing it to break apart from its rather crude bindings and cease moving. She then glanced around the room as if to assure herself that no one had seen what she'd done.

Last edited by Khodexus; Jul 30th, 2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 10:10 PM
Da Hype

Tools
User Statistics
Donaar returned the smile, taking a might sip from his own glazed cup. As he tasted the distinct tang of bergamont, it became quickly apparent that this was Earl Grey tea. Specialty of the Steepers, named in honor of the envoy who it was first presented to, and the infusion of the Wild Wood-native fruit made the tea very popular across the empire. With the blend cutting through his mental fog, the dragon nodded towards Syanna. "I slept soundly, if a little jumpy and initially foggy. If I saw anything unusual during my sleep, it has not came to my mind yet."

The druid moved his attention to the array of fresh fruits, starting with a few grapes. He chuckled at the nest on Stinker's head, wondering what his bird-friend had to say about the undead gnome. The chuckling turned into outright laugher with Aiella's wry observation. "Funny, considering I entered the city with someone named Chamomile. Is there something about me that attracts people with edible names?" Donaar valiantly attempted to keep a straight face throughout, hands gripping on the edge of the table, but the sight of the girl's makeshift minion made him completely loose it in one energetic burst of laughing. "And what's with your walking doll? Are you trying to impress Stinker, whoever you are? Does he look like someone who you would ever want to impress?"

It took a little while for the dragon-born to regain his composure, though he still wore a look of visible amusement. "Anyway. It sounds like Bitter Cress would require some searching in Northgate, and I do not feel in the mood to deal with the mule owner again. I would rather seek out Ennis, someone who is known to be reasonable. And someone who for sure will not attempt a rectal garden gnome invasion."

Last edited by William Imm; Aug 3rd, 2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: a little bit of continunity
Old Aug 9th, 2015, 05:25 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Once it looked as though there was general consensus to seek out Ennis for possible work, the group set off...

oocNext Post in Hall of Justice Thread