Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > When the Republic Calls
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Lord Captain

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1815
BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila
A fairly average looking clone shuffles in, the yellow and black patterning on his armour clearly marking him as their demolitions expert. He's shouldering a two handed weapon of some kind, with more dials and buttons than a small droid, and his pack carries enough explosive-looking devices to make this drop alot more exciting.
"Oh-Seven checking in, friend's call me Tex."

And with that he loads a strip of globular, slimy-looking detonite into his weapon and straps in, his confidence in movement showing this ain't his first rodeo.
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1351
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame
"Should be good to go," Forry replies leaning forward in his own set to make sure everyone was secured in. Checking the chrono on his wrist, Forry called in to command signaling their position. "Hold on boy's we'll be going in hot and fast. Make sure scute's are tight and good, we don't want to be picking ya off the duracrete. Like the commander said though let's hit 'em hard and fast." Checking his weapons and harness one last time, Forry prepares himself for the jump to come.
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Longshot turns to the man, and gives him a strange look, "Its called 'DC-15x sniper rifle'. I don't name my weapons. They are only tools, kinda like us."

He then returns to strapping himself in, ignoring the Brother.
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Blood for Blood.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 903
Chasme Chasme Chasme Chasme Chasme Chasme Chasme Chasme
At the surprisingly hostile comment from Longshot krynn snaps out of his meditative state "Your not a tool, otherwise you wouldn't have a name would you Longshot?" Krynn's tone is not one of hostility, just trying to show his respect for his comrade at arms. He doesn't want to feel like anyone doesn't belong to the group.
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Longshot raises an eyebrow "You named your last rifle Sarah right? Cos she performed a little better than the others. Still a gun though." He shrugs. He actually doesn't mind being a 'tool', it takes a lot of weight off of his mind.

Finishing the last strap, he relents a little, "Tranferred in from Sniper devision out on Cornel 4, near the rim. You?"
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7217
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert
Susan. he briefly corrects the Longshot. Discharged from long-term medical treatment on Heptat VII. Got a good thrashing from a mob of outer rim bumpkins.. a painful memory flicks over his face.
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Lord Captain

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1815
BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila BangBangTequila
"Well this here's Betty." Tex slaps the grenade launcher attached to his heavy rifle, "'Cause she blows my mind every time." He lets it hang by the sling for a moment as he slaps a powerpack into his sidearm and slips it back into it's holster. He talks to Romeo and Forry for the most part, with a few glances at the others. "Those rimmers do throw down a good brawl. Did you get the boot or the shovel?" Pause for response.
"I landed this cushy posting after Felucia. If there's a hell, I'd've gone there for vacation. Took two weeks to dig all the flesh eating bacteria and parasites out of me. And the Acklay, those suckers love clone for breakfast lunch and dinner. When we dropped in that first night, they ate about two thirds of us before we sorted out the only way to bag 'em."
He chuckles a bit at the memory while he adjusts his utility belt and checks all the grenades and detonite on his bandolier. "Krynn, you ever meet Aayl-Master Secura? She served with me on Felucia. Would love to hear she's doin' all right."
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Blood for Blood.

Tools
User Statistics
A little relieved that Krynn's assigned squad doesn't completely ignore him like most other clones he responds. "I'm afraid i only know her by reputation, her and me well haven't exactly had the chance to meet face to face, however i'll check back at the temple for you as soon as i can and let you know, ok?." a smile appears on Krynn's greenish face. Glad to have gotten such a warm welcome.

Having met everyone and being able to put names to the faces puts Krynn at ease. At least he knows who to look out for when trouble arises down in the field.
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Wincing, Longshot nods, "Yeah, those bumpkins aren't any where near as weak as they say in training. Hard living, after all."

"Spend long in the Bactatank then?"

Turning to Tex, he sighs, "Just try to keep yourself and Betty well away from me when the battle starts. Friendly fire rarely is."

Sighing he settles into his bindings. He likes the waits. Probably why he makes such a good sniper, boredom? Whats that?
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2579
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Shifting quickly the ship disembarked and headed out at breakneck speed. The four similar ships moved in unison. It was quite obvious that the pilots have practiced together many times. Just as the ships left the Pulsar wing, the droid artillery opened fire. With the start of the bombardment the ships broke formation and began evasive maneuvers. Delta took point flying past the lead ship, everyone once in a awhile Crash would let out an enjoyment giggle or shouting, "DO IT NINE!" The door to the cockpit was removed which made hearing Nine's retort possible, "SHUT IT CRASH!" Once the ships broke the cities perimeter the Blackwing declined to an uncomfortable height between the buildings. The shots continued to ring out against the hull. "CLONES you've got about thirty seconds," Nine shouted as the underbelly of the ship opened to the blaster fire from below. The city had thousands of battle droids firing badly placed shots at the nearly invisible ship. The ground would have been pitch black, if it wasn't for the artificial light that created a clear visibility during the would be night.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Longshot grabbed his straps, getting ready to take the plunge. He grabs his pistol, in case he needs to fire on the way down.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2579
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
The winds ripped into the belly of the Blackwing. The straps fluttered back and forth be blasted by the extreme. Nine yelled back, "GO GO GO!" The Clones moved off their summits to the depths below. Crash was the first over and was gone by Nine's first word.

With the droids shooting rapidly the decent was exhilarating. The challenge of the mission was upheld when the legions of droids were visible to sensors in the clone's helmets. The drop was similar to ones on actual planets but this time the winds were generating from a different direction. It added a slight change but the years of training took over. The chutes deployed first, a loud jerk hit the soldiers with a powerful thud. The whiplash effected slowed the clones enough to start their true dissent. The clones cut the cords attached to them, and with their jet packs powered placed the drop in their hands. They landed tactically around the command building. Delta squad put down the few droids outside the large tower, and by the time the fighting was over Krynn hit the ground. The team hugged the side of the wall making sure to not open the door.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Blood for Blood.

Tools
User Statistics
Strangely exhilarated by not having to fight to clear his landing spot, Krynn still holds back from activating his lightsaber. A lightsource like that could easily be spotted and being blasted by one of the tanks below wouldn't do anyone any good. With his breath coming in gasps krynn manages to ask. "So now what Forry?"
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7217
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert
Easy as eating pancakes this far. Romeo grunts as he replaces the power pack with a awkward but stunningly quick motion - a frequently trained reflex.
What are your orders, Sir He asks, eagerness is the predominant tone in his voice.

Last edited by tilbert; Aug 20th, 2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1351
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame
"Here's where the fun begins boys." Forry says as he grips his blaster rifle in preparation for the jump. He had done it time and time again but each time he jumped out of the bay he felt the same feel of exhilaration that he felt the first time he had jumped, a feeling he relished with each mission. Sending a spurt of blaster fire at a group of approaching droids Forry nodded at the Jedi as he finally caught up with the clones, "Not bad kid, clean it up and we'll have you properly jumping in no time."

"Take control of the command center," Forry replies to the others questions as he checks the computer on his wrist watching the communications going on, "We'll hold back here and wait for MedPack to open the door when everyone's situated. Wait til the droids ready and then pour into there and take out any resistance." Checking the powerpack reading on his rifle, Forry motions for Medpack to open the door once everyone's in position allowing the clones to pour blaster fire in before they could move in.