DnD5e Tales Across the Galaxy: Star Wars Adventure Series - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 6th, 2024, 10:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5958
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Kraiga - WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Kraiga
Species: Hutt Adolescent
Alignment: Chaotic Balanced
Class: Fighter/1

Background: Bodyguard
Traits: Clan before Client, Client before Ambition, Ambition before Self
Ideal: Indifferent. I do not have personal connections with my charge. They are merely part of the job.
Bond: My clan of Hutts is the only family that I care about. We watch each other’s backs for the good of the family.
Flaw: Trust is a rare commodity in my line of work. As such, it is not something I often give to others.

Appearance: Light blue skin and green eyes. He wears a suit of battle armor with robotic legs making it easier for him to move around. The durasteel of his armor has been colored blue to match his natural skin tone and looks fairly new. The tail of the armor is almost shaped like a club with fins that extend out the sides creating a heavy shield in battle. The wrist blasters and hidden blades are the secondary armament to his massive heavy repeater. A bandolier of power cells criss cross his midsection making this Hutt appear ready for war unlike what most would think of his species.

Why do you seek this path?: Kraiga took the gig primarily to obtain salvage rights for his clan, the Shell Hutts. His father established a small cartel on Nar Shadda, but he needs more income and rare items to sell on the black market in order to maintain the foothold he has obtained. Kraiga’s personal reason for doing this job is to make a name for himself and acquire powerful associates to form his own mercenary group. He doesn’t have the intelligence to run an intricate, economic operation like the rest of his clan, but his focus on violence and determination to get the job done leads him to high risk and high danger forms of procurement.

Backstory: Kraiga is the eldest son of his father, Jakul the Hutt. His clan, the Shell Hutts, is the smallest of the clans and usually reside on a small world far away from this one. Their operation is a desperate extension to funnel outside resources back to the clan. They currently deal in black market sells of rare or unusual items that they would prefer to not be regulated and cut into their profits. One of their big sellers is lightsabers from fallen Jedi collected after Order 66 was carried out. Other Jedi and Sith artifacts occasionally come into their possession. Kraiga grew up as one of his father’s bodyguards being unusually energetic and obsessed with their clan’s ancient history of Shelled Warriors that had once upon a time conquered the galaxy before using slave armies. Their large size seemed like untapped potential if a little effort was put in. The once proud Bounty Hunter’s Guild has fallen to infighting spurring Kraiga on to devising a plan to start forming his own band of mercenaries. Past crimes and methods of obtaining their goals wouldn’t matter to him as long as they had each other’s backs and fought by his side. One such individual is Morgach who had been serving alongside him as another bodyguard for his father. When the job for salvage rights came along at the Slag Pit cantina, he got permission to take Morgach along with him. He needed somebody he could trust to watch his back. With an even split, they could work on achieving their goals together. Only time will tell if his ambition will bear fruit.

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; Feb 13th, 2024 at 02:04 AM.
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 09:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6179
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Zaltos
right-aligned image

Name: Zaltos Neverand
Species: Human (M)
Alignment: Light Chaos
Class: Guardian
Background: Folk Hero
Traits: I have a strong sense of fair play and always try to find the most equitable solution to arguments. I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal: Freedom. Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.
Bond: A proud noble once gave me a horrible beating, and I will take my revenge on any bully I encounter.
Flaw: I have trouble trusting in my allies
Appearance: see right.
Why do you seek this path: I just discovered my gifts and wish to find a master to lead me to the path of the light.
Backstory: When Zaltos was ten, he didn't remember much after the end of the clone wars. All he remembered was the death of his mother and the funeral that followed. Who was he? A nobody. A farmboy in a distant planet called Randon, somewhere in what was formerly Separatist Space. Farm life was all he knew, yet it felt empty without his only caregiver. He never knew his father.

His father, according to his mother, was techie who made an enemy of a hurt and died somewhere in space. Yet despite that, Zaltos manage to find the remains of the ship in the desert during his trips where he needed time to think on his life. He found something, a strange device. For years he tried to learn of this technology, but to no avail. He tried to scrounge up the ship, but at best it's only fit for sailing in the ocean instead of the far reaches of space. He still kept it around instead of selling it. A few years, when he was only 20, the Galactic Empire came to Randon and ruled it with an iron fist.

Times were tough, folk were being worked til their bones break. But, Zaltos tried helping everyone, remaining respectful and kind, as those were the teachings his mother left for him. He kept the community like glue, and in turn they treated him like family, and it felt like it's all he ever wanted. Often his acts of goodwill would land him in a bit of trouble, and when it did he would bare the hits and blows, let himself take the blame when others were found as accomplices. As he has gotten older and his love for the community grew, his bonds with every made him act. He rebelled against the empire with other like-minded youths and they got beaten for their troubles. The only reason they weren't executed was when Zaltos unleash the power of the Force. With that power, the elders of Randon, knowing the dangers and what kind of target was put on him, sent Zaltos off. Not wishing for any more trouble on their planet.

Heartbroken, Zaltos left. But as he went home to pack, the device he found from his father's ship activates. It was a holocron. His father's. With this device, he made a vow that he'll return to his homeworld and vanquish the empire off his planet once and for all.

Backup

Name: Zaltos Neverand
Species: Human (M)
Alignment: Light Chaos
Class: Fighter
Background: Folk Hero
Traits: I have a strong sense of fair play and always try to find the most equitable solution to arguments. I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal: Freedom. Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.
Bond: A proud noble once gave me a horrible beating, and I will take my revenge on any bully I encounter.
Flaw: I have trouble trusting in my allies
Appearance: see right.
Why do you seek this path: I'm on the run, making ends meet with my skills. I also seek to find my father.
Backstory: When Zaltos was ten, he didn't remember much after the end of the clone wars. All he remembered was the death of his mother and the funeral that followed. Who was he? A nobody. A farmboy in a distant planet called Randon, somewhere in what was formerly Separatist Space. Farm life was all he knew, yet it felt empty without his only caregiver. He never knew his father.

His father, according to his mother, was techie who made an enemy of a hurt and died somewhere in space. Yet despite that, Zaltos manage to find the remains of the ship in the desert during his trips where he needed time to think on his life. He found something, a strange device. For years he tried to learn of this technology, but to no avail. He tried to scrounge up the ship, but at best it's only fit for sailing in the ocean instead of the far reaches of space. He still kept it around instead of selling it. A few years, when he was only 20, the Galactic Empire came to Randon and ruled it with an iron fist.

Times were tough, folk were being worked til their bones break. But, Zaltos tried helping everyone, remaining respectful and kind, as those were the teachings his mother left for him. He kept the community like glue, and in turn they treated him like family, and it felt like it's all he ever wanted. Often his acts of goodwill would land him in a bit of trouble, and when it did he would bare the hits and blows, let himself take the blame when others were found as accomplices. As he has gotten older and his love for the community grew, his bonds with every made him act. He rebelled against the empire with other like-minded youths and they got beaten for their troubles. They were beaten down to every last member until they were to be executed to teach a lesson to his people. But they too rebelled against this injustice. The only reason he lives now is thanks to them.

Unfortunately, they were targets for the empire now, instead of staying on Randon, they fled their Homeworld to other planets, to hide. Word has it another Rebellion took them in. Meanwhile, Zaltos picked a different path. He was gonna fight them and retake his planet. He became a mercenary and traveler.

Last edited by Onward; Feb 7th, 2024 at 06:47 PM.
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 05:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 982
Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240
Desert, I've got the two applications applied, Ideally I'd love to be the pitfighter, but I have the back up if It's pushing too far. Also the hand book is dangerous as I was looking species I came up with ideas for a droid and a Mando XD

Last edited by Nomad240; Feb 7th, 2024 at 05:18 PM.
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 05:25 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
Desert Typhoon Desert Typhoon
@Nomad: Thank you very much for your donation of talent!

@Everyone: I can only take one force-sensitive to express how rare they are so if you have an application with such, you might want to have a backup.
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 05:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Typhoon View Post

@Everyone: I can only take one force-sensitive to express how rare they are so if you have an application with such, you might want to have a backup.
......*Slips the DM a 20$*

just kidding :P
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 05:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34755
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
@Nomad: Thank you very much for your donation of talent!

Added a different take on my character, rebranding her as an Engineer for consideration if she loses out on the Force Sensitive slot.
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 06:03 PM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 732
Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71
Quote:
And this is why I didn't even bother with a Force-Sensitive character. Based on the era and such, I just figured they would be extremely rare.
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 06:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6179
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Aight, I guess my back-up will be for my character to be a fighter instead.
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 08:49 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7059
RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN
Tasmira Val

right-aligned image

Name: Tasmira Val
Species: Togruta
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (with Chaotic Good tendencies.)
Class: Operative
Background: Gambler
Traits: I like to impress everyone I meet with a simple trick or a quick joke. I prefer one game above all others.
Ideal: Laziness. Working is for chumps. (Any)
Bond: I still keep the first coin I ever won. It's my good luck charm.
Flaw: I assume everyone is hiding something from me.
Appearance: A stylish, fashionably dressed attractive Togruta woman on the tall side of average with a mysterious smirk.
Why do you seek this path?: Glib answer: "Credits and risk, plus it beats working for a living." (see 'Backstory' below for an additional reason.)
Backstory: The elegant, fashion plate Togruta woman that Tasmira is today is a far cry from where she began as an orphan street rat from Mos Eisley. Over the years she's done various things ranging from actual albeit poorly paying jobs to picking pockets to some things she'll definitely leave out of her autobiography when she writes. Her great love though has always been gambling and she has become very good at it.

Ten years ago Tasmira, then seventeen, won a fortune at a regional sabacc tournament. That win changed her life in several ways, firstly by paying for a very good, very expensive surgeon (Tasmira is trans - another reason she prefers not to dwell on her origins.) Secondly it made her a name in some circles and thirdly it introduced her to the world of high stakes gambling.

Since then she has won and lost fortunes and unfortunately has been on a bit of a losing streak recently, culminating in her owing plenty of credits to Groola the Hutt. Forced to make ends meet she reluctantly stooped to cheating at cards - reluctant not because she is rigorously moral but because it hurts her pride to rely on cheating rather than her own skills.

After what must have been one too many drinks at the cantina on Rishi Tasmira arrived at Nar Shaddaa with a headache all the way up her montrals and little in the way of money. Luckily she heard about the job on Taxion and was eager to take it for the credits so she could repay her debt (or better yet double her reward with a hand of cards...) Tasmira also felt an urge to go rescue those children that she can't quite explain - she certainly hopes she hasn't gone soft!
Old Feb 8th, 2024, 11:11 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 787
Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm
Quote:
In light of this I have changed his mentor's order to Matukai. While their philosophy teaches harmony with the Force, their abilities are Focus based. And I could pick up a couple of Force powers, that will also be Focus based, from the Vow of Devotion. Primarily looking at ways to augment his physical capabilities - like Force Jump or Instinctive Movement (and their prerequisites).

My backup might be Rakatan order for the Tech - though this artificial augmentation isn't exactly what I was hoping for - or an order that focuses more on weapon usage.
Old Feb 8th, 2024, 08:26 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 600
Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty
My application is complete! Still working on my character sheet, though.
Old Feb 8th, 2024, 08:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4452
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
i might go for a class 4 security droid
Old Feb 8th, 2024, 10:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I love the Droid Hoppitty

also, I edited my back up. I swear it's the LAST time I'll tweak my application.
Old Feb 8th, 2024, 10:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4452
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
rpr-35 (reaper)

+2 con, +1 dex
str:12
dex 16
con 16
int: 8
wis: 14
cha: 8

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Feb 8th, 2024 at 11:00 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2024, 02:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89
Ok, I have to apply to this, because I'm a diehard Star Wars nerd.

Vesta
right-aligned image

Name: Vesta Shi
Species: Twi'lek
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Scout (Deadeye)
Background: Urchin
Traits:
-I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets.
-I ask a lot of questions.
Ideal: Aspiration. I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life
Bond: No one else should have to endure the hardships I've been through.
Flaw: It's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.
Appearance: Vesta is a young Twi'lek with pale purple skin and long, striped lekku. Her face is heart-shaped, and she has bright green eyes.
Why do you seek this path?: Vesta is looking for a better life. She wants to buy her way off Nar Shaddaa, and the credits on offer for this job are too much for her to resist.

Backstory: Vesta was born on Ryloth but her entire family was taken by slavers when she was only five years old. She spent her formative years as a slave, serving a powerful Hutt on Nar Shaddaa. Her parents were worked to the bone. Her father died of overwork, and her mother was sold to someone in the Outer Rim when Vesta was 16. As Vesta grew older, her duties for the Hutt became more and more distasteful, and she knew she had to escape. A Duros techie and guest of the Hutt's pleasure barge took pity on her one day and helped her slip her slave collar. Before anyone was the wiser, Vesta escaped the Hutt's control but was left destitute and alone on the streets of Nar Shaddaa. That was three years ago, and Vesta has lived hand to mouth ever since. When she learns of the job on Taxion, she believes it's her chance at securing a better life for herself. The money will go far toward buying passage to a better planet, a new home.