Notices

Old May 4th, 2021, 11:14 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
ghostwalking ghostwalking
Hi! New player curious to see how this works

Savoy on the Traveller RPG Discord server mentioned this site. I've never played by post, so I'm curious to see how it works. I'm open to trying a variety of game systems, though I did come here specifically to check out Traveller, which I haven't played n a really long time
Old May 5th, 2021, 01:04 AM
Pisseur de copie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hey Ghost walking! Welcome to the site.
I'm in a Savoylen game that is converting to Traveller rules, so I'm trying to learn the system. What do you like about it? What games have you played in it?
But also...glad to see you here, at RPGCrossing. There has been an influx of Traveller system gamers joining, but some of the more well-known RPGs are really popular as well. If you look around the game threads you'll get an idea for all the variety of games here.
Hope to see you around the boards!

Last edited by bananabadger; May 5th, 2021 at 11:17 AM.
Old May 5th, 2021, 02:03 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9649
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site! Feel free to ask if you have any questions or just wanted to chat about something.
Old May 5th, 2021, 06:40 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 72328
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

glad Savoy enticed you to come. I think you'll pick up your Traveller gaming skills right where you left off! They come back easily.

Happy gaming!
Old May 5th, 2021, 09:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2681
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, ghostwalking! A good way to see how PbP works is to get into a New Player Solo Game. You could always get into a Traveler game, or try out another system. Hope you enjoy it!
Old May 5th, 2021, 09:28 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26589
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning ghostwalking,

Welcome over here and cool you were recommended! Have you been cruising the site yet and spotted some Traveler or other games you would like to make an application for? (do you have a character in mind yet, if so, what race and class?)
Old May 5th, 2021, 10:06 AM
Peace, Love, and Gaming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18960
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey there, ghostwalker! Welcome to the site. Are you a ghost who walks, or a walker who happens to walk in/through ghosts? Or is this more like ghost writing, where someone else walks, but you claim that you did it?

It does seem like Savoylen has been recruiting a lot of Traveler players to the site! That's awesome. I hope that you have a lot of fun with it.

If you've got any questions, let us know. We're happy to help.

EDIT: I just realized that I messed up your username, and now my jokes are entirely unfunny!... Which I assure you is not usually the case. I swear.

Last edited by Unko Talok; May 5th, 2021 at 10:07 AM.
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38146
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

It's always nice to see smaller systems getting the love they deserve. I recently joined a few Traveler groups myself to see what all the fuss is about and I've liked what I've seen so far!

Are there any other systems you like to play? Pathfinder and D&D5 may be the big dogs around here but you can find just about anything if you're patient enough. I'm a Shadowrun and Warhammer 40k man myself.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!

Community Supporters, it's time to do your civic duty! ;)
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:55 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the warm welcome, all!
Addressing multiple questions in one response:

I'm returning to tabletop RPG after a long hiatus. I used to referee as often as play. I'm currently playing AD&D2e and Starfinder campaigns with friends (via Zoom). But there are a bunch of other systems I'm curious about and haven't had a chance to try.

Systems I've played in the past: D&D (oe, 1e, 2e), The Fantasy Trip, RuneQuest, Palladium, Traveller (original), Top Secret, Boot Hill

I last played Traveller in maybe 1982 or 83? But I was never able to get a campaign going. There's a lot about it that appeals to me, even though I don't have many sessions clocked with it.

My name comes from an habit I used to have of appearing or disappearing when the time was right. It was sort of a game. Even though I don't really do that anymore, the moniker stuck.
Old May 5th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 820
Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko
Welcome to the site ghostwalking! Are there any other editions of Traveler that you have looked? I've played the original edition though it was back in the mid-80's but lately I've been curious about the latest edition and the current campaign that they're releasing for it.
Old May 5th, 2021, 06:55 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I've looked at Cepheus and Mongoose. I've found the best way to vet a system is to play it, so I'm hoping to find a game
Old May 9th, 2021, 09:16 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
oortcat
Traveller is a good game, I hope you find a game too.