Old 10-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Pinotage
Hallo!

Lovely to be here on RPG Crossing!

It's been a while since I've last played PbP games. I used to exclusively play PbP games (no gamers near me!) on PlayByWeb and ENWorld in the D&D3e/3.5e days (for about 8 years), but life caught up with me and I had to stop.

I'm quite excited but nervous to be back, and looking for a D&D5e game to join in due course.

Pinotage
Old 10-10-2019, 03:20 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58746
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you joined us, and brought your imagination and experience! Love to have both.

Happy gaming!
Old 10-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18271
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Always glad to add an experienced name to the roster! Any good stories to share from your years of gaming?

We're a lot more than just play by post you know! We have advice sections for both players and GMs, more forum games than you can shake a stick at, and even a creative writing wing called the library!

What I'm saying, is that if you have free time we can kill it for you.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 10-11-2019, 11:31 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20667
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodday Pinotage,

- your username sounds like a good old French red wine ;-). No need to be nervouw about getting active again, 5E is really opulair so I am sure you will fit in just fine. Have you checked the site yet? Questions and or feedback you want to share with us? And ofc most important: welcome over here
Old 10-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Pinotage
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

chocoladevla, you're on the right track. Pinotage is a wine, and it's a red grape variety, but it's from South Africa. Certainly one of my favourite wines. I'm finding my way through the site - Imveros was right to say that it can kill your time! I've been looking at some initial advertisements and browsing through the Library and the various Announcement posts. Very pleased I found my way here.

Thanks for all the useful advice, Imveros. My very first game was a PBeM game back in 2001 with just me and the DM. I remember the character I was playing getting involved in a discussion one evening with a minor noble over dinner. The noble was somewhat enamoured by the character, and promptly slipped a ring onto her finger. She didn't even have time to digest the moment when the noble promptly pushed her off the balcony! At that point the DM went on holiday for a week, and I remember just loving the surprise of the moment. Naturally the noble only had a flair for the dramatic and it was a ring of feather falling, but the moment got me hooked on the excitement of PBeM gaming.

I started to DM a homebrew game some months later, which lasted about 3 years. I met a group of talented and creative gamers in that game, and we gamed together over multiple games for many years after that. It was many years of grand adventure, and I'm glad I now have time to start again.

Pinotage