Game Thread Chapter 1: For Love or Money - Page 16 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Warhammer: The Second Storm > Completed Chapters
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #226  
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 14824
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,965
Ollona heads over to where Holly is sitting on the ground, but speaks to Grimnash, "We might be wanting to leave here, but some of our group will have a hard time of walking if we don't take care of them first." Pulling out her wand from earlier, Ollona takes a cautious look at the arrow stuck in Holly's leg. Knowing that these things can be very tricky, everyone can hear Chompy screeching into Ollona's ear, almost warning her what not to do.

Ollona grabs a hold of the bolt, and is able to slowly draw it out of the leg, quickly placing one hand over the wound to stop the blood, she then quickly uses her wand to heal the pistolero. The wound closes but the skin still looks raw. "That should help, but don't expect too much out of it for now."

 

Last edited by Insacrum; Jan 26th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
  #227  
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 20925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,758
The rush of battle ebbs, & the glow from Lunigen foreheads fades with it. He takes a look around to confirm all their foes are dispatched & their allies alive. He takes a look at the skaven leader's smashed head & snapped neck. He can't keep from letting out a soft whistle along with remarking to Marcus: You do fine work for your master. Your brother warpriest should be resting easier now.

The cause of their pursuit returns to Lunigen, & he attends to Julianne. He looks for signs of life & loosens her bonds. He calls Marcus over to check her over. As the rain begins to fall more heavily, Lunigen unfastens his cloak & lays it over her. You are safe now, Lady Julianne. he whispers to her.

When Marcus attends to her, he leaves the healer to his arts. He searches the bodies for anything of note, starting with the leader. He whispers coldly over each in turn: <in Breton>The Lady grant you all the desserts you merited in life. To the general interest in leaving as soon as possible, Lunigen responds: Aye, we should be off, just as soon as Brother Marcus checks out our charge.
  #228  
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 11:39 AM
KronosWarrior's Avatar
KronosWarrior KronosWarrior is offline
Super Kami Guru
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2012
RPXP: 21
KronosWarrior
Posts: 42
Drognan wished he had studied some healing magics, but it had never interested him. The arrow in his shoulder was starting to hurt a lot more now that the battle was done and his mind was paying attention to it. "Think you could help me a bit? I never practiced the healing arts of magic, so I'd rather not remove this myself," he said to the Elf but also to anyone else who had healing capabilities, motioning to his shoulder.

He tried to keep his expression neutral, as not to show the pain. However, never really being in many fights, it was hard and he grimaced from time to time.
__________________
Suuuun, Suuun, mister golden Sun, kill my enemies!
  #229  
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 11:41 AM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Marcus stands over the body of the dead ratman leader, murmuring in agreement with Lunigen's comment. "Thank you", he simply replies, turning to Julianne as well.

Briefly resting his hammer on the ground, Marcus removes any bonds on Julianne with his hands (or a dagger if necessary), then begins examining her with an eye towards her health. "I'm Marcus Brandt, a priest of Sigmar. My companions and I were sent to rescue you. The, uh, ratmen are dead, and we've got this area under control. We'll take you back to town and safety as soon as possible."
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #230  
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Quadra Wield's Avatar
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 30th, 2019
RPXP: 392
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield
Posts: 426
Holly has a quizzical look on her face when the elf actually comes to help her, but the elf was weird after all. Holly clenches her teeth as the elf pulls the bolt out of her leg and uses the strange wand to heal her.

"Thanks, you might not be so bad after all elf."

Holly stands up, wincing a bit, and walks over to where Julianne and Marcus are.
__________________
Four swords are better then two...
  #231  
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 14824
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,965
Ollona looks over at Drognan with the arrow in his shoulder. This was going to be harder to handle since the amount of organs and bones in the area were a lot more complex than a leg. Ollona grabbed a hold of the arrow with one hand, and after handing the wand to Chompy to hold, she gives it a hard yank. The amount of blood that follows was not a good sign!

"Explitive!" Ollona puts her hand on the wound as fast as possible, mumbling some words. her hands seem to glow over the wound, stopping the flow of blood. She's not happy with having to use a hex on the man, but if she caused the problem, she was sure going to make sure that she fixed it.

Not satified that she's taken care of all of the damage she might have caused from pulling out the arrow, she takes the wand from Chompy and again uses it on the area. "Ok, I think that should take care of you. You might be a little stiff, but it's nothing that a strong drink and a good nights sleep won't help."

Looking around to the others in the clearing, other than Julianne who is being treated by brother marcus, it looks like everyone is about as patched up as can be. Not it was just a matter of getting back to town at a reasonable time.

 
  #232  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 01:11 AM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 29th, 2023
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
Despite Ollona's careful efforts, pulling out the arrow deals considerably more damage than she expected, and Drognan almost goes unconscious. Only her quick thinking and the use of her own healing arts keeps him awake, and the second use of her wand mends all the damage she caused, though the wound is still rather red.

Meanwhile, Marcus tends to Julianne. "I-I'm fine, but I-ah!" Her hands shoot to her stomach, and her eyes shut tightly When the pain subsides, she looks back up at you with fear in her eyes. "Please, I need to get back to father... He will-ah! he will know what to do." Before you have a chance to reply, a large peal of lightning shoots across the sky, and suddenly the light rain turns into a mighty downpour.

__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!
  #233  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 20925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,758
It doesn't take a healer's arts to know that Julianne's time is nearing. As the heavens open up upon the party, Lunigen sheathes his sword & slings his shield on his back before going over to the damsel in distress, wrapping his cloak more securely around her: Fear not, m'lady, on my honor, we will return you safely home.

Barring an objection, Lunigen carefully lifts her into his arms. We should head for the cave as quickly as we can, if for nothing else than to get out of this torrent. We probably don't want to be wandering around for alternate routes in this gloom & downpour. If Grimnash or someone else can carry my pack, I can bear her just fine. Deferring to Brother Marcus' greater expertise, she probably shouldn't be walking at the pace we intend in making our way back.

 

Last edited by dbaque; Jan 28th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
  #234  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Quadra Wield's Avatar
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 30th, 2019
RPXP: 392
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield
Posts: 426
Holly sighed, it didn't take much to infer what was happening to Julianne and this complication was even more ridiculous then the past few. As the rain kicked in she had to nod her head at Lunigen's suggestion.

"I agree that is the closest shelter we know of, and I don't want to be in the rain too long."

Holly starts to walk back towards the cave, thinking of ways to spend the money she had just earned from the job. That is of course, if Julianne didn't die in childbirth first.
__________________
Four swords are better then two...

Last edited by Quadra Wield; Jan 29th, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
  #235  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 29th, 2023
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
You make your way towards the cave with the last light of the sun, and other than Julianne's frequent bouts of moaning and many more peals of lightning, the trip is uneventful. By the time you reach the cave, the rain has considerably lessened to a light drizzle, and it does not appear to be picking up, but other than the light from the moon, it is just as dark outside the cave as it is inside.
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!
  #236  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
As they near the mouth of the cave, Marcus gestures for the party to stop by holding up his hand. After a few second of silent thinking, he says, "Grimnash, elf, come with me. The rest of you remain with Julianne. We'll scout out the cave, make sure nothing has moved back in or is lying in wait for us." Unless anyone objects, he leads half the party up towards the cave.

Once Marcus gets to the point where he can't see clearly anymore, he intones, "Sigmar, light my way" while holding his holy symbol. Light begins shining off of Marcus, centered around his holy symbol.
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Edited to add light spell (just occured to me)
  #237  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 20925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,758
Lunigen voices that it sounds like a wise precaution. He awaits for Marcus' return beneath a tree in an attempt at some shelter from the furious elements for his charge (& himself). As the storm begins to let up & the moon shine, the knight asks Will, who's been quiet for some time: Lad, would you be able to guide us from the other side of the cave into town? When Brother Marcus returns, we have to decide whether to remain the night or try to set out for town right now.
  #238  
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 06:28 AM
punkrockguy punkrockguy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 15th, 2022
RPXP: 633
punkrockguy punkrockguy punkrockguy punkrockguy punkrockguy punkrockguy
Posts: 2,060
At Marcus' request Grimnash shook his main of wet hair out of his eys and grinned at the prospect of being below ground again, even if it would be for a short time. "I'll take lead, I can see in dark so it would be good for me to take front" with that he moved out ahead of everyone and slowly made his way into the cave as quietly as his armoured form allowed, while keeping his eyes peeled for movement.
  #239  
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 14824
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,965
Ollona, hearing the suggestion of splitting up, rolled her eyes at the suggestion, but kept her mouth shut. 'Now is not the time to argue about methods.' With that she unslung her bow, and followed behind Grimnash and Marcus.
  #240  
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
As Marcus searches the cave, he covers the remains of Julianne's lover as best as he can with a blanket from his pack. Looking to his immediate companions, he suggests, "If the two of you could take a quick look in the other half of the cave to make sure nothing is waiting for us there, I'll wave the rest of the party in. Don't get into a fight with it, of course.". Marcus then returns to the mouth of the cave (recasting light if necessary) and gestures to the rest of the party to come on in.
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB