Game Thread First Steps of a Long Road - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Redemption
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
First Steps of a Long Road

Redemption


left-aligned image
Thunder bellowed a soft tune over head, with lightning turning the still night into brilliant flashes of short lived day. Rain slowly driped down from the heavens and moistened the ground below. A dark figure moved amongst the trees. His footsteps were heavy, his posture slouched, his movements slow and purposeful. Blood dripped from the claw that hung by his flank, while the other clutched at his ribs. His tail draged limply along the mud. Beaten and broken, Wargar pushed on to find shelter from the approaching storm. His mind was swollen with thoughts of what had only just transpired. Only hours before, he was the head of a fearsome clan. Now, after being asked to perform a deed that forced his hand, and changed his will, the lizardfolk was left thinking what he was to do and who was his enemy now.

Pain was proving to be his greatest adversary as he leaned against a tree to regain is composure. A small gasp was heard from the tree and Wargar looked surprised at the plant, wandering why it would gasp, or if it could. He then noticed two horns protruding where he thought he saw branches. Out from the shadows stepped a young girl, a tiefling, holding a shortbow and looking Wargar dead in the eye. Unable to defend himself, Wargar bowed his head, accepting that his fate must end here, in front of this hunter before him. He did not expect what came next. "Do you need help?" Wargar looked up to find the bow lowered and a hand offered. This was not the welcome the blackscale thought he would receive away from his clan. "Please. My name is Flacari. Let me help you to shelter. We need to get you out of this rain so we can see to your wounds." Wargar was shocked and couldn't muster a response as she shifted herself under his arm and helped him move to a safe area. Eventually he found his voice. "Thank you. Ugrh. They call me Lur... Um.. Wargar." He explained to the young half-blood of his abandonment of his clan, their dark plans of raising the Dragon, Onysablet, and how he was to be killed for refusing to slaughter his home clan. This strung a cord with Falcari as she explained that she had a similar experience with her clan of half-breeds that she left when she couldn't bring herself to kill an innocent man. Wargar's head hung in shame. "I wish I learnt that lessssson long ago. I have done much that I now regret. Perhapssss you could show me how to sssspare a man'sss life."

The two talked about their own experiences and grew to suspect that their respective clans might be part of the same big picture. Their aims were strangely similar and worked in a familiar fashion that raised many questions. After an hour of searching, they finally reached the entrance of a small cave. From the outside, it looked quiet and unassuming. They entered in and out of the rain, allowing the excess water to drip from their bodies as they gauged their surroundings. They quickly realized that the cave was not as quiet as they assumed. A warm light and soft voices emitted from deeper in the tunnel. The pair had little other choice but to travel further in and hope the occupants would not mind the company of a reptilian and a half-demon. As they rounded the corner, they found a half-elf man and a very beautiful human woman sitting around a small fire. But their story starts the earlier....




right-aligned image
Fruros made his way thought the forest, upset with such a remote meeting place. This was his first assignment from the Network and he had hoped for a meeting in a tavern or underneath a secret entrance of a church. Instead he had been told to meet in some secluded cave on the outskirts of Lakneral with some woman he had never heard of, although to be fair, he didn't know anyone in the Network yet. He looked again at the map that was provided with the message. He was finding it difficult to follow as he wasn't used to such things, his training of the last few years consisting of healing remedies and rituals. Even in his days before the Church of the Matron, he relied on others to find the way for him. He found the landmark of a large rock that looked like a sword and a little further down the track, a small unassuming cave. He knew little of what to expect. All he was privy to was that a friend of the Network sought his help specifically, that he had knowledge of an important nature. He suspected that it might just be a way of the Matron's followers of getting rid of him, due to their distrust of his past. But he was determined to show that he had skills worthy of use. He entered the cave with full confidence, determined to show his new accomplice that he was the man for the job. The confidence was instantly shattered as he laid his eyes upon the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. His heart skipped a beat before he gathered himself on the task at hand. "Um... I.. My name is Fruros Darksbane. Lilith Brightwater I presume?" He held his hand out nervously and a smile crept upon Lilith's face. "You presume correct. Please, take a seat." She motioned to a stump and they sat and discussed the nature of their next assignment. Much had happened to Lilith over the last few months. Things that have left a foul taste in her mouth. She had found out much about herself and lost someone very important to her. Now she sought to right the wrongs that her actions have brought into motion. A great evil now rises she needed someone who can help find important targets of a dangerous cult. She had found that in the new recruit of the Network, who has ties to The Order of the Duke. She told him of her plan to find out as much as she can about the Order and disrupt their plans. With other members of the Matrons flock unwilling to trust him, Fruros had little choice but to accept her offer and pray that his deeds could bring the honor to his name that he so desperately craves.

They sat and talked for hours about the task and their lives up until now, although Lilith seemed to say little. A storm began to brew outside and both agreed that it would be best to camp in the cave for the night. The rain pelted the ground above them but they were safe. That is, until a reptilian and a tiefling interrupted their conversation. At first, they both reached for their weapons to defend themselves, but then realized the large lizardfolk was injured and the tiefling was but a girl. Both Lilith and Fruros were trying to better themselves, so they allowed the two to stay and share their fire. Fruros tended Wargar's wounds and they discussed why each had ended up in this place. Before long, the group realized that they were all misfits. They had each done things that they regret and now seek to right those wrongs. Their paths also seemed to align in that they each seek to stop a great evil before it can reek it's terrible wrath upon the world. As the night wore on, they became more convinced that their meeting was not an accident, but the will of the gods. None of their individual goals could be achieved by one alone, so they formed a pact that they would help each other. Morning came and saw the storm pass. Bight sunlight poured through the cave's entrance and promised a fine day of traveling. Fruros' work on Wargar's wounds proved effective and the mighty blackscale felt renewed. They agreed that their first mission would be to head to Lakneral and find Jarlben Toother, the first mate of The New Falcon. His involvement with the Black Talon must be able to lead them in the right direction to solving the mysteries of Rahadaolor and Onysablet. Perhaps by working together they can all find redemption.



__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
As Wargar emerged he let out a bellow of relief almost deafening his newly gained allies. "Furosss and Lilithhh, I thank you for your aid. I feel asss if reborn with renewed purpose." Wargar bowed his mighty head to show his gratitude and respect for his assistance. Turning to Lilith he queried, "What do we know of thisss Jarlben Toother and if he frequentsss any local?" The name seemed foreign to Wargar as he was more familiar with his home territory in the swamp than anywhere else. Wargar felt the stirrings of restlessness in his blood as name almost sounded like a challenge for Wargar to take. Steeling himself Wargar was reminded that he will have to control his blood urges as well as his mental urges. No longer in the swamps he would have to abide by all laws to truly find redemption.

As the group gathered their things to move out for Lakernal, Wargar felt this urge to warn them of what his prior history with this town. Wargar told them the tale he no longer tells with pride of his raid upon the town. "Ssso my friendsss we may be met with harsssh reccception asss we enter Lakernal. I feel asss for sssafety sssake you ssshould call me Bossssk, while we are in Lakernal." Figuring the tale & the cover name was enough for now, he let his companions to stew upon the information.

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 8th, 2014 at 12:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 11:46 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
right-aligned image
Lilith rubbed her hands near the fire burning in the cave, she stood and turned around. The flames silhouette around her body as she smiled while looking over the two new people who have made themselves at home. However, her past still haunts her and she needs to be careful who she deals with. Throughout their conversations she attempts to Using Sense Motive
Dice Sense Motive:
d20+4 (20)+4 Total = 24
in conjunction with Discern Lies: Will save: DC 15.
detect any falsehoods in their speech and determine if they are Detect Goodgood of heart.

After realizing her new acquaintances were indeed speaking the truth and good of heart, she felt a power swell up inside of her as she looks at the wounded Wargar, almost instinctively she moved over and placed her hand upon the wounded area. A warmth flowed from her body and into Wargar's as his wound began to
Dice Cure Light Wounds:
d8+1 (5)+1 Total = 6
magically close.

Lilith was not sure exactly what just happened and with a somewhat shocking look on her face, she smiled as she had discovered a new ability. Well, that looks a bit better. Now lets take care of this mess you have been making, shall we? as she Spell: Prestidigitationwaves her hand and all the blood stains and dirtiness is magically whisked away, leaving his garments clean and fresh with the smell of white plum. To answer your inquiry, Yes. He was once part of the crew aboard the ship called "the New Falcon". However, I am not sure if he is still there or not. There are many people I have worked with in my darker days that may be looking to repay some debts. I might be able to pull on their resources a hopefully find out some things. Or perhaps you could inquire at a brothel called the "Pink Blossom". You can gain much information from there for the right price.

As the evening went on, Lilith began to relax a little after forming a pact with her new companions. She looked over at Flacari with a friendly yet concerned look as a few thoughts raced through her mind, She almost looks like me in a way, but lacks wings. I wonder if she is a half blood or perhaps a Tiefling. No matter, were all on a better path now.

Throughout the evening, Flacari could pick up on the fact that her looks did not phase Lilith at all, it seemed as if it was normal, like she was use to such things.

Eventually Lilith addressed Flacari, Sister, are you capable of masking your features? I'm not sure the townsfolk would take kindly to your appearance. If not, I might be able to help you with a disguise.

Afterwards, the next morning when Wargar informed us a bit of what to expect. Lilith grinned and patted him on the shoulder. Well, well my scaly friend, I am sure we all have done things that we are not proud of and strive to correct. Myself included. But regardless of who or what we were in the past. Let's leave that judgement in the past and focus on the future. We can prove ourselves and make a difference. Together we are much stronger than if we were alone. She paused a moment.

Not sure just calling you a different name will help. Does Lakneral allow lizard folk into the city? she wondered. If not, we should remember this cave here and we use it as a temporary gathering spot. If we are separated, lets rejoin there.

 

Last edited by kaylara; Sep 8th, 2014 at 04:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 14824
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,967
A Hidden Cave
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

Flacari entered the cave practically carrying the wounded lizard. She was lucky that she had trained in the proper way to carry and move game, or else she wouldn't have stood a chance at helping the 600 lbs of meat, bones, and scales that was around her neck. But her walk was slightly stopped once inside seeing the two people already waiting for her and the lizard. She wasn't sure who they were there for, but it didn't matter, as the lizard wouldn't be able to fight, and with holding him up, she wouldn't be able to defend against the incoming attack.

The real surprise to Flacari was the lack of attack. It seemed that the two were just using the cave as a place to meet and talk. And it seemed that their talk was greatly interesting to Flacari who seemed to take note that these two were looking to go up against some type of evil organization. To close to the one that she was brought up in. In fact, this organization already knew o her, but she would prefer that they didn't have a way of finding her; thus why she stayed in the first place.

The lizard she could trust for now, he didn't know her from a mountain goat. But the other two could be a problem. The Half-elf, she wouldn't be able to trust yet, perhaps he was just a good liar. The other girl, she was unsure of as well, but not as much as the Half-blood.

Finally later in the night when the discussion turned to going to the city, Flacari grew restless. 'Who would think that going to your enemy was a good thing!' Flacari finally had to vocalize when she was asked about being able to blend in. "I don't blend in with people... At all. That's why I'm in the woods. I can sometimes adjust my looks, but it is temporary at best."

 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
Fruros woke up after a sweet dream and the firs thing he did was prayed to the Matron, for her power has temporarily gave him shelter from an endless nightmare. He still remembered the horrible dream every night he had in the past few weeks, tormented by the devil who proclaimed himself "The Duke". He took his pendant out under his layer of clothes for a kiss, wishing that it could give him a protection for as long as possible. At least until he has known more people from the Network so he could try asking one of them to re-bless his pendant.

After putting his pendant back into his layer of clothing, he joined the group planning. He was happy to have companions once again as he was never really alone in his whole life and that made him a little too dependent. While he wasn't sure if he could trust all of them completely, especially the The lizardfolk and the tiefling(with authentic look)two monsters, the half-elf was willing to wait and see.

Their first objective was definitely not easy. Going into the Lakneral in bright daylight seemed to be a death wish for the four of them. He himself was wanted by the Paladin Order of the Guardian and he has no reason to not believe that there's a Guardian church in the city. For the two monsters, well, they were called "monsters" for a reason. Lilith, he wasn't sure if there's anyone out there looking for her but it seemed possible. She did mention "darker days".

"Maybe we should go into the city by night? And sneak through the gate as well? It seem easier than getting noticed in the middle of the street in bright daylight."

Last edited by Goliathus; Sep 8th, 2014 at 07:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 01:54 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
right-aligned image
Lilith pondered her thoughts for a few moments. I was never one to walk in such a place, but perhaps there is a sewer entrance we could sneak too during the night. Anyone know?

 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
As Wargar listened to his allies discuss the possibility of sneaking into a fully guarded capitol of Nagolta, was of increasing unease. If they were to be caught, it very well could be the end of a yet blooming adventure. Wargar decided to answer Lilith's question, "Little Lilithhh, Lizardfolk are allowed into the cccity, albeit with sssome uneassse. There isss much trade to be had with the clansss of the ssswamp, if they are willing to take the risk. Concccerning the horned one I cannot sssay ass to how the town will react."

The idea of sneaking into the town still held great unease with Wargar. Remembering his past words were sweet when said, but he would watch their actions closely. Wargar would not be used to bring about destruction upon the innocent again, but understanding the risk he said nothing of his unease. Hearing the ideas of sneaking into a city Wargar had the perfect solution. "If you were ssstrong like Blackscccale, (Wargar thumps his own chest as emphasis) we could ride the north river current into the sssettlement." Knowing their unfamiliarity with water, Wargar explained his plan of using a floating log as cover for the others to hide behind and help as flotation.

Deciding that he should provide an alternative method of entry Wargar added in his gutteral voice, "We could act asss Bounty huntersss or Ssslaversss transporting Flacari to Westssset. They adore exotic entertainment in that area and I have manaclesss to bind Flacari. It alssso givesss usss a cover for sssearching for a ssshipmassster." Unsure if the others would consider the idea Wargar mentioned that if strange creatures were to be spotted at dark hours of the night, then assuredly they would be put to death.

 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 9th, 2014 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 12:50 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
right-aligned image
Lilith nodded, Very good idea... I'm not sure Flacari would agree. she chuckled slightly. Though I do know many other uses for those cuffs...Perhaps there is no need to be so excessive. she ponders her thoughts a moment.

Well both of you are allowed into the city, perhaps we just act as a mercenary group. I could tatter up my clothing a bit and use some mud and dirt to mask some of my face. I think we should at least be able to enter, unless one of us is wanted for major crime.

She peers outside at the nice bright day, Well, the storm has passed and it looks like a beautiful day. Shall we be on our way to the city? It will just take me a moment to try and disguise myself a bit. as she tried to shift but he looks remained the same as she felt a tug at her heart and for a moment she thought of Ben. She closed her eyes a second then began to shift thru her small pack and prepared her
Dice disguise:
d20+1 (16)+1 Total = 17
mercenary look.

All right, let's go... she made her way out of the dark cave and into the beautiful sunlight.

 

Last edited by kaylara; Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
Outside, the sun beat down on the ground left moist by the storms wrath. Birds chirp overhead, showing their appreciation of the passing rain. The group of new allies emerged from their underground shelter and greeted the new day. With a plan to enter the shore side city masquerading as mercenaries, they headed off to the south, finding the trees thinning quickly, until they found a rarely used path that seemed to be used by local farmers taking their stock to the capital. A day traveled along the road, with more plans and strategies discussed, and the outskirts of Lakneral could be seen in the distance as the sun reached the lower regions of the sky. The smell of salt from Naltoga's shores reached their noses and brought memories of the seas to those in company. The reminiscing was soon cut short though. The road ahead displayed a scene of the death and destruction they would had once brought onto others.

Laying broken and slanted off to one side of the road was a carriage. It's make suggested it belonged to one of kingdoms travel coaches, who transported those who were unfamiliar with the road and it's dangers. Wargar, having experience with these sorts of ambushes, inspected the carriage's wheels and found it's wooden spokes had been broken to splinters, the likely target of a heavy axe wielded by someone who knew how to use it. Among the broken wheels were broken men. Lilith found three humans laying on the blood soaked dirt that made up the road, each displaying fatal wounds to the chest or head. It looked as though they had fought their assailants to the end, but no weapons could be found amongst the debris of the attack. As Flacari searched the ground, she discovered footprints that belonged to several goblins, a small warband of half a dozen at a guess. Two more sets could be seen. One that was much larger then the rest and the other a canine of sorts which looked as though it were accompanying the larger attacker.

The group moved amongst the wreckage, taking in the horror of what had been done and how it reminded them of a past they were determined to leave behind. Step by step they followed the trail of destruction until they reached the back of the carriage, where a fourth body was discovered by Fruros, only this one was still alive. A man in his late thirties lay on the ground, clutching at the shaft of an arrow that was lodged dangerously close to his heart. Blood pooled around it's entry and the ground beneath him. A small trickle of blood had left his lips and trailed down his thick brown beard. He watched as Fruros rounded the corner with wide eyes, as though he feared what more he had to endure before death finally embraced him. He lay in silence as the group approached, lips pursed tight and brow frowed, his hand quivering on the shaft of the arrow.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 03:55 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
right-aligned image
Lilith was enjoying the day until they stumbled upon the carriage wreckage. She gasped at the dead bodies littered over the road while placing her hand over her mouth and nose. In a muffled tone, Oh My... as she bent down to examine the corpses and determined they were robbed and murdered.

Lilith was never one for combat over the years, but she figures she must get use to it now that she is choosing a new life. She draws her Great sword just to be on the safe side, in-case the attackers are nearby.

As she made her way to the rear of the wreckage, she spotted the man who was miraculously still alive. Noticing he was edging on death, Lilith put her sword away and moved over to him. Shh, relax, we are here to help. Let me take a look at this...

Lilith could tell the man was weak and barely alive. She decided it would be best to cure him first before attempting to remove the arrow. Then with a smile on her face, she reached out and Use Cure light wounds,
Dice cure:
d8+1 (6)+1 Total = 7
touched the wound, curing it of some damage before Healing Check:
Dice healing:
d20sch15 9
removing the arrow. However, she was not very skilled at it and it hurt a bit as she yanked it out.

Once the man was stabilized, she offered him some water. Feeling better I hope? So, what's your name? What really happened here?

 

Last edited by kaylara; Sep 10th, 2014 at 04:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
Fruros' worries appeared to be null as the city was more acceptable of the lesser and weird races. He probably had the easiest time among them all when it comes to situation like this since half-elf was pretty normal for a race while the tieflings has to depend on disguises and so on. As he has nothing to add to the mercenary plan, he followed the group out of the hideout.

The day soon turned bad as they stumbled upon an aftermath of a carriage assault. Fruros, used to the Matron's way, was quick to search for survivors. It was more or less a dead zone, an upcoming feast for the crows in the nearby area, and it just didn't seem like anyone was alive. Then, he found one at the back of the carriage. As he was going to help, Lilith got him before he could...with some questionable healing skill. While she appeared to have some divine curing power, her first aid skill wasn't so good.

"Let me." Fruros said as he kneeled besides the man. First, he put his hand on the man's shoulder and prayed and a Stabilizevery faint white aura surrounded the man. Then, he took Taking 10his time to Heal:10+7 vs 15, successexamine and clean up the arrow wound while his companion having her inquiry with the man.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
The man looked wide eyed and terrified as Lilith and Fruros approached. He looked to recoil from them but he hadn't the strength. Lilith bent down and reassured the man that they were there to help. Her healing hands helped with the pain, and the man seemed to relax a bit. But when Lilith reached for the arrow with her unskilled fingers, he finally found his voice. "Aarrrhhh!! Ya damned witch. What do ya think ya doin'. I"ll bed dead soon enough without you reachin' and gra... " The man began to cough and spit up some more of the red liquid through his beard. Fruros took a look at the arrow and Through your heal checkdetermined that removing the arrow would only quicken his death, without the help of a skilled surgeon at least. As Fruros began to dress the wound as best he could, the man grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in with surprising strength for a man knocking at deaths door. "Forget me, ya daft elf. Nothin' ya can do for this old fool." He turned and looked Lilith dead in the eye. It was unsettling for her. Usually that look would be one of lust. But this time it was one of love, but not for her. There was also immense fear behind those eyes. "Me kids. A boy and girl. The sick bastard took 'em. He said something about a debt. I didn't know what he was on about. You gotta save me kids!" A tear left his eye and joined the blood that now matted his beard. His eyes began to dart back and forth, his breathing shortened and signaled the unnamed man his end.


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?

Last edited by Solid Minotaur; Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
As the party was traveling down the road, Wargar thought to add a bit more to the plan, "If Flacari is uncomfortable with the cuffsss they ssshe need them not. A travelling company of mercenariesss is common enough, although I ssshall keep my cover name. If any of you have bad hissstory with thisss town, it would be wissse to hide your name asss well." The group was an odd enough collection that most passing guards would assume they were a merc group, for what else could they be.

As they neared the site of the wreckage, Wargar seemed to already know what transpired as he inspected the carriage. Wargar not wanting to give the wounded human a heart attack, kept away and concentrated on the area and the tracks which seemed to come from goblins & something else. Wargar was almost like a bloodhound following the distance from step to step & sniffing for any lingering
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22
Know. Nature
scents he could pick up on. Wargar was no stranger to the wilderness and the denizens that inhabit it. After checking the tracks for more any more clues as to what happened Wargar started rummaging through the wreckage looking for
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
Perception
loot.

Wargar looked back over at the human clinging to life, surrounded by those with the best of intentions. Wargar moved closer but not so close as to startle the human. Wargar had seen many victims with arrows to close to their heart to be removed and no matter what skill of healing the person had, removal of the arrow could very well end the life of the injured. Wargar decided to add his concerns to the party, "Companionsss, if the arrow isss to clossse to the heart it might take a sssurgeon to remove, the wound isss grave beyond battlefield firssst aid. Removal of the arrow could caussse the human'sss lifeblood to ssspill out beyond what your ssskill could heal. We ssshould make him comfortable & get information asss to what happened. If he isss ssstable enough to move I can carry him to town without any ssstrain. If we were to enter the gatesss with a wounded civilian, I doubt a guard would hesitate to let usss passss through. There would probably be a reward asss well for the rescue, to help with our joined goal."

After speaking to the group about the dangers of yanking an arrow out next to a man's heart, Wargar looked to the dead bodies again inspecting the wounds and searching for
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (1)+4 Total = 5
Perception
items of importance. After a thorough search of the perimeter Wargar wanted to know what it was that brought the villians to raid the carriage. The carriage obviously was of high taste & Wargar pondered why there were so few guards protecting a high ranking civillian. Wargar again spoke with his companions, "Asssk the human what was his business & if he had any enemies in town.

 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 14824
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,967
A Hidden Cave
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

Flacari seemed wary to talk, or even attempt to make friends. For too long she had been alone, and hunted. Looking at the ease that this group came together put her ill at ease. It didn't make immediate sense to her, but after a while she realized what was happening. Fate had chosen to use happenstance and coincidence to bring this group together. Chaos was making it's presence known. Once she came to that realization, things seemed to settle in her mind.

The walk to the city proved to be interesting, as the group discussed all manner of possible was to get into the city. As the conversation moved on, the group started out with the most exotic of entryways and eventually worked its way to more logic entry ways. The group would keep it simple, in order to avoid the most scrupulous of suspicion. As Lilith went about making a disguise for herself, Flacari was about to remind her of her promise to help with her own disguise. Before she could utter a word though, the group found itself confronted with a grizzly sight.

The attack was obvious, and yet Flacari couldn't help be think that it was staged as a trap. It seemed that she couldn't stop her paranoia from coming to the surface of her thoughts, while her actions mimicked this as she drew her sword and shield. She had to deeply suppress it those feelings in order to attempt to discern any information that she could. The goblin prints where easy, and obvious, as she had seen plenty of them in the few days that she had spent in the surrounding woods. But the others were harder to place.

The true surprise of the day turned out to be the lone survivor. The man was ashen faced, sure to be dead within the next few moments, but Flacari didn't have the heart to say this to Lilith and Fruros as they attempted to help the man with his arrow injury. It would seem that Wargar didn't have such qualms though, as he proceeded to tell the two the issue at hand. But it would seem that the two did manage to keep him alive long enough for at least one interesting piece of information was obtained: The man's children!

Flacari returned to the footprints with a vigor, passing her shield to her tail as she stooped to the ground for a better look. If there were children to be found, then she was going to make the attempt to find them. For now Wargar could focus on the items that might be able to be salvaged from the mess. But she failed to mention the fact that they might now be implicated for the attack, with their tracks now also being a part of the scene. "I think I've found something over here!"

 
OOCKnow Nature:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (12)+6 Total = 18
(18)
Survival - Track:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6+1 (15)+6+1 Total = 22
(22)

Also, Yes; She is just a tad bit paranoid. It has helped her survival.

Last edited by Insacrum; Sep 11th, 2014 at 01:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 02:06 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
right-aligned image
Lilith took a step back when Fruros moved in to assist the man with healing, for Fruros seemed much more skilled than herself. Deep down she felt that feeling again as she looked into the dying man's eyes. She felt the love he had for his children as her heart skipped a beat, insisting she tried to do what she can to save them. A tear started to form as she tried to get the man to Using Aid another for Fruros's Healing check to hopefully give him a +2 to his roll.
Dice aid:
d20 10
hang in there just a little longer.

Don't worry, we will do what we can to try and save your children. What are your children's names and do you know who took them?

A few more moments passed as the man slipped silently into the next world. Lilith lowered her head while turning in the direction of Flacari's when she makes her statement. Oh? What is it? Did you figure out where they went?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB