Game Thread First Steps of a Long Road - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Redemption
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
Fruros sighed heavily after his thorough examination of the wound, knowing full well that the man wasn't going to survive for much longer. Heck, even the man himself knew that. Still, it didn't stop the stubborn half-elf from
Dice Heal:
1d20+7+2 (3)+7+2 Total = 12
trying. As he was attempting to slow down the bleeding, he was praying inside for the man's post-life, hoping it would aid the man's ascension to his deity or if he was without a faith, perhaps Matron would accept him.

Wargar was surprisingly clever for a lizardfolk, a race more known for their brutality and strength than brain power. His plan of carrying the man into town was brilliant...as long as the guards didn't suspect they were the one to kill the man. However, their plan of going into town could be sidetracked by their decision of helping the man would make them travel to the opposite direction.

...

...

Skipping a little time here...

As the man's life came to an end, Fruros would proceed to
Dice Perception:
1d20+9 (18)+9 Total = 27
search the man's body, hoping to get a clue or two about the man's family. Or maybe some useful items.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
Fruros and Lilith stayed with the man and asked many questions, trying to get some sense of what had happen at this horrific site. Despite their best efforts, he passed from this world, eyes still as wide as when they found him. The grip on Fruros' shirt loosened and Fruros closed the eyes of the unfortunate soul and said a short prayer to guide is soul to the nine. Drawing a quick breath, he looked through the folds of his pockets for any clue as to who he was and what he was doing on the road, escorted by the guardsmen that lay with him. He found a piece of paper of fine quality, frilled and decorated, but unfortunately ruined by the blood of it's owner. Fruros opened it up to reveal an invitation.


Dear Ferris Holden
You and your family have been invited to the union of
Maykol Thail and Helen Waster
to be held at the Thail estate on the 6th April
Maykol is looking forward to seeing his favorite Uncle and
we look forward to your arrival in Lakneral.
Gurok Thail

While the man was being seen to, Wargar and Flacari looked amongst the wreckage for any clues. Wargar's keen sense of smell found a smell of strong cheese coming from the carriage, and while traces of the dairy could be found, the cab had been stripped of anything else of value. Flacari investigated the scene and learnt that the larger tracks belong to a bugbear and it's canine companion was likely a goblin dog. The group headed off to the east, and both Wargar and Flacari could tell the bugbear's tracks got deeper after visiting the carriage.


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
As predicted the man passed away, and Wargar whispered under his breath, "And deathhh comesss to usss all." A habit Wargar picked up over his years of carnage. Death was not an unfamiliar to Wargar, in fact they have had too much experience with each other. There has been many times Wargar has come close to death, much like when he first met Flacari. Wargar learned to respect this unseen specter that has taken people at the most unexpected of times. The swamps are a dangerous place, yet Wargar chose to have more by entering upon the battlefield as well. With that choice Wargar had spent more of his life with the unseen specter than with anyone else. The beauty of the relationship was that death seemed embrace him like a lover then disappear, leaving him cold and beaten but very much alive. Now that Wargar has turned from his path, he wondered how his mysterious lady will react.

"My friendsss we mussst head to town, for the night isss coming sssoon." Wargar warned. "We ssshould inform the guard and of the tracksss leading away, that ssshould clear usss and ssshow our good intent. By heading into town we could gather more information about thisss Bugbear & hisss rabble. We also ssshould ssspeak with Gurok Thail, isss the addressss on the invitation?" Wargar was concerned about the dying man's wish, children would most likely to be eaten by the monsters. They could wander for some time without running into the the other party & Wargar did not like stumbling around in the dark.

After Holden had passed, Wargar looked to his companions and noticed the grief in her face. The giant Blackscale having little experience comforting others, attempted to aid Lilith. "I am sssorry for your lossss Lilithhh, (patting her head in comfort) how wasss he known to you?" It had never crossed Wargar's mind that people can have strong emotions for people they did not know. Nor did he realize that patting of the head was not a normally accepted form of condolence. All in all Wargar has almost no real knowledge of emotions nor social interactions.

 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 11th, 2014 at 09:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 14778
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,964
On The Road Again.
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

Flacari walked around the tracks that she had easily found. Even though she wanted to keep her words in her mind, she knew that sooner or later she would have to speak them to the group anyway, "There was obviously a band of goblins here, and they have a goblin dog with them. They seem to be lead by bugbear. He's the strong one. Unless I miss my guess, he probably grabbed the two children out of the carriage. At least that's what his tracks make it look like."

Flacari came over to where the rest of the group was gathered at the back of the carriage, huddled around Ferris Holden. "I'm sorry Wargar, but I think we have not choice but to go after the children. I fear that the longer we leave them with those goblins, the less of a chance that they survive. We don't know what this debt is that is being repaid, but I would prefer that it not include the lives of those innocent children."

 
OOCNot sure if I need to roll anything. let me know if I should, or if you'll be rolling it.

Last edited by Insacrum; Sep 11th, 2014 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 10:26 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
right-aligned image
Lilith knelt there beside the man as he passed on. She was feeling all sorts of new things, it didn't make any sense to her. However, she did recognize the patting on the head, usually it was her signal to go down, but he couldn't help but look up in wonderment. Instantly she realized that he must have been trying to comfort her. She put an arm around the big lizards leg and hugged it. Her soft warm skin warmed his scales nice and comfortably for the moment.

She whited away the tear as she replied, This man I do not know. He means nothing to me, yet I feel strangely. It's just...weird... as she eventually let him go and stood up. She smiled at him, Thank you for the support.

I concur with Flacari. Night time is coming soon and for all we know, they might consider young children a delicacy. I'm not about to let that happen to poor innocent children she looks over at Flacari, We should move quickly. Are you able to track them down?

 
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
Fruros read the invitation as soon as he found it while giving the curios lizardman a peek as well. "The address is not in the invitation but judging by the formality of the invitation, the Thail family likely have some power in the city. Not hard to find them especially when they are living in a freaking 'estate'. The date is 6th April, today is 2nd...so 4 days to go." The half-elf said to his companions, giving them the information on the paper before putting it into his backpack.

"I agree that we should go after the children. If we can save them, not only we have saved two lifes, but perhaps we can use our deed to exchange favors from this Thail family. If they are as powerful as it sounds, I am pretty sure we can get the information we want from them. Maybe even more." Fruros continued. It was a win-win situation and perhaps, their first deed of redemption.

Last edited by Goliathus; Sep 13th, 2014 at 03:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
The Goblin Hideout

left-aligned image
Flacari followed the trail that the goblins left behind. They were careless, moving without thought that they might be followed. The bugbears heavy steps were the most easily followed, sinking deep into the soil that had been softened by the previous nights rain. The trail led to some scrubland that sat before a small ridge. The tracks grow shorter, suggesting that they slowed down. The new team slowed down as well, as not to give away their presence. Creeping through the trees they come to the entrance of another cave. Although this one is much larger then their previous shelter. In front of the cave sat three goblins, talking erratically as though they are excited about something. They have yet to spot the approaching adventurers, but they seemed to be keeping a look out.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 09:05 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
right-aligned image
Lilith waved the others to
Dice stealth:
d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14
back off and step away to a secluded are where they could discuss tactics.

 


 

Last edited by kaylara; Sep 13th, 2014 at 01:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
Wargar was taken aback by the sudden hug from Lilith, having never received one before this moment. His body immediately tensed when Lilith wrapped her arms around him, an action completely alien to him. As Wargar received the warm from Lilith's close embrace, his body relaxed and reached his arms around Lilith careful not to crush her in his arms. Deep inside himself he felt a twitch, and Wargar knew he had at least one new clan member he would always take care of.

Furos was kind enough to let Wargar look at the parchment that had the inscription of the invitation, but given the circumstances he only briefed over it as it was a simple document. Unfamiliar with the estate, Wargar gathered it was a large dwelling and his suspicions of high noble victims was confirmed. The saving of the children would be splendid for atonement of his misdeeds, if the children don't die of fright when he comes barging into the lair.

As Flacari came back to discuss the implications of the track marks with the same conclusions that Wargar had came up with as well. With the city still a fair distance away Wargar agreed to assist these children in their peril. Before the party leaves, Wargar goes over to the carriage ripping off a broken piece of the wooden spokes (about four ft. in length.) and takes the ripped cushions from the cart & some cloth from drapes of cart to fashion a
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (6)+6 Total = 12
Craft
torch. Not to be one caught helpless in the woods, hopefully this will do if it comes down to it.

Once the goblins were in sight, the party
Dice Roll:
1d20-3 (11)-3 Total = 8
Stealth
hid and discussed the options for battle. The goblins some great distance still away the party was able to whisper to each other as to a battle plan. Wargar's only clear path of travel would be straight up the middle. Luckily there was large trees that might provide cover and block the goblins line of sight. For a sneak attack Wargar grabed his large flail holding the handle in one hand and the end of the chain at the base of the flail head in the other. Wargar held the chain taunt so to no make more noise than necessary. "Comradesss, the enemy isss ssstill far away, we ssshould sssneak closer if we can, to maintain an element of sssurprise with our attack. I am not easssy to hide ssso onccce we are ssspotted we ssshall engage, but be warned there is ssstill a Bugbear in the cave."

Afther the battle plans were discussed (in case I am not able to post again before tomorrow evening) Wargar slowly moved to the closest large tree. Wargar attempted to remain hidden slowing his movements down considerably.

 


 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 12th, 2014 at 11:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
After a few hours of tracking, the group came upon what Fruros assumed was the hideout of the pack of goblin. The half-elf followed his team as they tried to keep themselves
Dice Stealth:
1d20-5 (7)-5 Total = 2
hidden from sight. Fruros has had his fair share of sneaking when he was with his evil cult back then. As they were lacking in numbers, ambush was their go-to approach in many of their plans. That was a long time ago though and the half-elf's ability to hide has regressed. He was subpar at best.

As the group discussed their plan of ambush, Fruros took a long scan on the environment, feeling nostalgic of the whole process. He didn't really want to admit it but he missed those days. A part of him really enjoyed his more more like life of crimeadventurous day. After drawing an abstract map in his mind, he joined the dicussion.

"Flacari, do you know the total amount of threats we are going to face?" He imagined the tracker could gauge the number by counting the footprints or some other tracking techniques, he wasn't an expert there. All he wanted to know was how many of them were still in the cave.

"And here's my alternative proposal. Each of us will hide in different trees in the area," He casually pointed at the few trees. "We will then use some sort of thing to draw the goblin to the middle and hit them from all sides. The problem here are, I don't know much about their behavior and things they are attracted to. The plan is no use if they are cowards and will run away instead of coming to us. Unless -- if we can confirm about their total numbers - including those inside the cave right now - then we can draw them all at once even if they were to go back and draw everyone inside out. As for the things to draw them here, anyone of you know anything about these bastards, like the things they like? If they could be drawn with fire, we could put what I assumed was a torch that Wargar made on the carriage side to great use."

Waiting for an answer, Fruros stood up from his sneaking stance and
Dice Perception:
1d20+9 (8)+9 Total = 17
Checking their visible weaponry for ranged weapon
took a look at the weaponry of the three goblin guards. If they were to draw the goblins with themselves instead of an item, then he has to make sure there's no ranged weaponry on the goblin's side.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 14778
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,964
Goblin Time.
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

Flacari was unsure of how well the rest of the groups plan might work, but she was sure of one thing, going to them strait on was bad. They would lose the element of surprise, not with those outside, but with those inside. "We need to bring them to us. Anything else, will just eventually alert the others inside, and there are definitely others. I'm not sure how many though at this time."

Taking a moment to get out of the goblins obvious line of site, if they haven't already seen her, Flacari continues, "I would suggest that someone pretend to be injured and have them wander close to the goblins to draw them off. They could then lure that group over to us, for our ambush... Who is the best actor among us?"

 
OOCStealth:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (3)+1 Total = 4
(4) - Wow do I need me some Mithral Scale Mail right now!

Last edited by Insacrum; Sep 15th, 2014 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
Wargar listened to the different ideas of the party wondering if they could remain hidden for that long of time. Furos had the idea of climbing up into the trees which made Wargar add more to the conversation. "Only one of usss will be able to climb the tree & we will have to bring them much clossser to make the ambush useful. I am not sssaying it isss a bad idea, we just have to be careful on the exxxecution." Having come across goblins before on his past adventure Wargar tried to
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (9)+6 Total = 15
Know. Nature
remember what he could about the little buggers. "Sssince I am the ssstrongest I ssshould climb up the tree, while Lilithhh playsss dead. if you both hide off on each ssside in the bushesss we ssshould have a pretty sssimple but effective ambusssh. The enemiesss will be surrounded without being able to run back for reinforcementsss. If we do thisss wait till I am at leassst at the tree before you get their attention, or I might not make it up before they get to me!"

 


 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 15th, 2014 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
left-aligned image
Whispered speech and crouched stances were displayed by the new heroes who hoped to remain undetected. Unfortunatly, on of the goblins happened to be looking directly at them and noticed Flacari's jutting horns and the clunking of Fruros' armor. "Gwwwaaarrrrbbb!" it yelled as it pointed towards the group of intruders. It's fellows quickly turned and upon noticing what he was pointing at, they drew their shortbows and prepared to attack.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
left-aligned image
Wargar remembered that goblins are usually a cowardly bunch, preferring surprise tactics as apposed to a frontal assault. These goblins seemed different, probably still on a high from their last victory. He also knew that bugbears were extremely cruel and vicious, often ruling lesser goblins with fear and intimidation. Their fear of the bugbear is probably greater then their fear of the new intruders.

The goblins were quick of the mark. They moved in and took Partial cover, +2 ACcover behind some stumps and fallen logs before firing off a volley of arrows towards Wargar, the only target within clear shooting range. However Wargar was too far away for an effective shot and the first arrow fell short, landing in the grass before him. Another harmlessly bounced of his thick hide, having lost it's momentum during it's travel. The final arrow struck 24 (Natural 20) vs AC, 1 damagetrue, however it still lacked any real punch and did only minor damage. The goblins continued their excited talking and appeared to be joking and laughing about the impending battle.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 14778
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,964
Goblin Time.
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

"*Expletive!*" Flacari wasn't so sure about their tactics now. The Goblins had seen them, and their element of surprise was now gone. The only logical next step was to take them out as fast as possible. The thing that bothered her now was their assumed laughing. That could only be bad for them. They think that they have the upper hand right now. "They know we're here. And they seem too happy for us to be here, keep your eyes open for something unexpected."

Moving as fast as her armor would allow her to go, she quickly drew her bow and an arrow. Standing next to Wargar, she takes a bead at the clearest goblin to her, though it's still behind a log.

 

OOCMove 20 next to Wargar.
Attack Roll with -2 penalty for distance:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3-2 (18)+3-2 Total = 19
(19)
Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d6 4
(4)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB