DnD5e The Closing Calamity in the Crags - Page 14 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 9th, 2023, 01:14 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14536
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
Alternate application "Buffy Truehammer (Sara Strongluck)" has been scrapped as a bad fit for this campaign.
Aww, I liked her
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 02:11 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1825
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AximusLokar View Post
Aww, I liked her
Thanks I like rose too. Buffy was a sort of gentle giant type. But I dont think this game is meant for "gentle" types.

Surge is a similar beast that fits better and brings a bit more to the table.

Old Feb 9th, 2023, 05:09 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
You'd be surprised where an odd fit can lead a story. My first 4e character was a rogue undermining a region to set up a criminal underground (evil campaign, but not 'blarg i eat babies!' evil), started some peasant revolts as a distraction (I still remember getting up and pacing around my room as I gave an incendiary speech over Skype as my character jumped up onto a tavern table), found he cared more about the people he'd inspired than the Mastermind paying his tabs. When our group turned on him I took the town as my territory, became more of a mayor than a monarch.

I ended up writing a bit more with the character afterwards, went kinda redemption story with it, even became a sort of paladin (chaotic good version, liberty over laws) with a fey moon corgi as my mount and moral minder.

But yeah, you do probably have a better grasp on your own character than I do from a bio, and Surge is well written and if we're chosen I look forward to working with ya

Old Feb 10th, 2023, 09:55 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
I have had some time on my hands so I have yet another alternate application. I still love Surge but this idea came to me and I wanted to share it. He kind of reminds me of a former Jedi and I would be happy to play him if he fits better.

introduction
left-aligned image
Ratt (Rowan Whitecandle) (sheet)
Race: Human
Class: Cleric (Arcana)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Harper Agent

Appearance: Rowan or "Ratt" as he is called these days is a filthy vagabond. He is somewhat tall and very lean, as if he hasn't eaten for some time. Ratt wears a dirty travelers outfit under a long coat, well tailored but worn. A harpers pin is attached to his lapel and a chain around his neck with the emblem of Mystra. His only other possessions are a dusty backpack and a rune-carved staff.

Personality: Rowan is an angry drunk, mad at the world that forsake him. He is uncouth and uncaring but there is a hint of some former class. He was once a good person fighting for what he thought was right. These days however he is consumed by self pity. Mostly he just wants another drink or some coin.

Backstory: Long ago Rowan was a respected member of the church of Mystra. A Harper agent and something of a legend. He and his comrades fought to recover and protect historical artifacts. Framed as a thief by one of his superiors Rowan has been disgraced. He has spent the last few years as a gutter-rat and sell-sword unable to muster the resolve to clear his name.

Last edited by JohnStone; Feb 11th, 2023 at 07:24 AM.
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 10:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33784
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Nice!
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 06:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Updated application list -
Player Character Race Class Status
treble83 Remy Haystack Lightfoot Halfling Rogue (1), Cleric (Trickster Domain) (4) Completed
JohnStone Ratt (Rowan Whitecandle) Human Cleric (Arcana) Completed
Noltelix Sagda Vohr Human (Variant) Rogue 4 (Scout) / Fighter 1 Completed
AximusLokar Rosalyn Kanette ('Rose') Ghostwise Halfling (F) Monk [Mercy, 3] / Druid [Star, 2] Completed
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 04:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5157
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Interested and have something brewing. Could someone link me to the post where the group meet the pirates, or can explain what these pirates are like?

My thought trail at the moment is a Barbarian (1)/Moon Druid (4) dwarf. Tanky tanky and spells for healing. Brief backstory; the dwarf is somewhat ferral having been abandoned in a forest. And if it fits, is being held prisoner/servant/cruel amusent for the pirates.
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 11:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Well, I don't recall if the ship they rode on was ran by pirates or not, but here's where that happened: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=198279
Also, a few posts back on the 7th, it mentions that the deadline is today, and in just over an hour. If you can get something in before then, it will be considered. Good luck!
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 12:04 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
I am still finalizing a few details (spells, items) but Ratt's sheet is up to date. A fairly hardy up front melee cleric with elemental flair and of course all the healing support of a full cleric.
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 02:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The first app will suffice Treble83.

After reviewing and consulting with the current players, the following are invited to join the current trio of miscreants as they keep working to improve their means and make their way in the Realm.

- Treble83's Rogue/Cleric, Remy Haystack, and

- Noltelix's Rogue/Fighter, Sagda Vohr

Thanks for everyone for applying and good luck in any future games you may apply to.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Feb 11th, 2023 at 02:55 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 02:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application window closed - game is full up.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Feb 11th, 2023 at 02:55 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 11:45 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
Gratz to you two. I'll probably be lurking now and then to keep reading
Old Feb 12th, 2023, 03:24 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
Gratz and good luck.
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 02:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Game NameThe Closing Calamity in the Crags - AKA: Adventures in the North
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeForgotten Realms
FlavourDungeons and Dragons Classic Adventure type
Plot SummaryYou've either just blown into Waterdeep, or you've been here all your life, but whichever is the case, you're looking to make your way and fortune in the city. You're looking for a newly formed group of adventurers who is making a name for themselves to cast your lot in with.
-----------------
Welcome to Waterdeep, the Crown of the north, where a wondrous tale of urban adventure is about to unfold. Your story begins with going to meet up with a newly formed group of adventurers who are setting up shop - so to speak. Volothamp Geddarm, the famous explorer and raconteur, recently hired them to find a friend, and they just completed that task a day or so ago, and word has gotten out. Out to make your fortune, or just make a difference, you've heard that a much greater prize lies hidden somewhere in the City of Splendors, waiting to be claimed.

This game takes characters through the official Game Module - Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. It is a treasure hunt set against an urban backdrop. Characters start at level two since one adventure has been completed and if they survive will be at level five come the end.

Details
Character Builds:
  • Setting: Forgotten Realms
  • Starting Level: 2
  • Ability Scores: How to roll for scores and where to roll is all laid out HERE. NO ROLLING IN THIS FORUM PER SITE RULES.
    One free feat to start, which "yes" means two if you go variant Human.
  • Equipment: Per class and Background + 1 common magic item.
  • Starting Hit points: Max for first level. Roll or standard for 2nd level
  • Allowed Sources: Player's Hand Book, SCAG, Tasha's, Volo's Guide to Monsters, and Xanathar's Guide. That's it.
  • Alignments: restricted to: NG, CG, LN, CN, LE.
  • Pantheon: Forgotten Realms only
  • Multi-classing: Characters can start the game with multi-classed with 1 other level.
  • Post Rate: Minimum of 1-3/wk as long as the "1" isn't consistent. This is very important as PbP is a LONG process. I am available most days during the week, and some on weekends.
  • Party Size: There are already 3 players in the game. Will be taking 2 additional characters - Class is up to applicant, though there's already a Rogue, a Ranger, and a Wizard, so keep that in mind.
  • Resources: We will use RPGX for most everything including posts, sheets, and rolls. Will also be using Roll20 for maps. You don't need to really know how to use Roll20 so much, except to see enemies and understand the layout and mapping of the "dungeon."
  • Character Sheet: Create a character sheet based on the above information and link it to your application. I want to see how you view the logistics of your character.

InfoWhat will help me be a better DM for you.

Excitement.

How's that? Yes, excitement, or more to the point a "want" to be in the game and genuine interest to get to know your own character, and the other characters in the game; both from a character standpoint and a player standpoint.

What you should include in your character Bio
  • Your typical app; Name, class, race, appearance, 5e background, two personality traits, ideal, bond, flaw.
  • A backstory that includes a few things:
  • Relationships: Between players is up to you, but this will be a "family", or "kinship", or that "bond" that keeps you together. Not saying one won't steal from all the others and spend it all in one night (this would make for interesting RP, and there would be 'repercussions in group'), but they'd stick together and there would at least be a sense of remorse at doing another "kin/pack mate/friend" or whatever wrong.
  • Character Mechanical Background: Any from any of the above sources, bonus advantage from DM if your background has a Sword Coast, or Forgotten Realms History associated with it. Also, will need to "fit" the premise and are at DM approval.
  • Character Sheet - preferably using this site's template, but others may be acceptable. This will give me, the DM, insight into how you see your character from a skill and mechanics of the game standpoint.
  • Character Image: Though an image isn't necessary, one would be appreciated.

What Locals Know About Waterdeep

DEADLINE - 10/25/23 Midnight CST

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Oct 26th, 2023 at 09:29 AM.
Old Oct 17th, 2023, 07:20 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 770
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
Name: Kelytha Meliamne
Class: Paladin
Race: High Half-Elf
Appearance: A handsome face in which sit watchful golden-brown eyes; fair skin; honey blonde hair held in a loose plait.

5e background: City Watch/Investigator
Two personality traits: I face problems head on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success; I can stare down a hellhound without flinching.
Ideal: Promise My life is no longer my own. I must fulfill the dream of someone who's gone.
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: I'd rather eat my armor than admit when I'm wrong.

Backstory:
Born into the rising noble house of Meliamne, Kelytha's High Elf father tried in vain to raise her as a proper and correct Elven Lady of society. Perhaps it was the human part of her, or maybe it was just how she was created, but Kelytha could never settle with that lifestyle. From a young age she was playing in the dirt with the local children, mostly sons and daughters of tradespeople, actively avoiding the children of the other high families of Waterdeep.

As they grew up, her friends all had to focus on their work, helping their families get by, and one by one they drifted away. On into brink of adulthood, she surprised her father by announcing that she wanted to join the City Watch, something practical she could do to help the people of the City like her old friends, those without power. Her father forbade her but she left anyway, signing up that very day.

For a few years it worked. Being given orders grated on her but she held her tongue. Her strength and charisma endeared her to the other watchmen, and she was even made a sergeant, one of the youngest on the Watch. But the same injustices she had seen while growing up were still there, perpetuated by a Watch that took its orders from some of the very people who needed investigating. One day an old childhood friend of hers was arrested - the son of a blacksmith, he had injured in self-defence a wealthy patron who had become violent when not satisfied with her friend's work. The patron held sway with the Black Robes, and her friend was sentenced to [death/life imprisonment?]. Kelytha tried to help him escape, but he was spotted and brought down by the guards. There was no proof it was Kelytha who had helped him, but her Captain knew about their connection and suspended her. She never came back to the Watch - she sold the standard-issue shortsword and bought a longsword from the father of the man who had died. Today she investigates crimes personally, doing what she can to help those the Watch can not, or will not, help.

Last edited by EMIW; Oct 25th, 2023 at 08:04 AM.