Game Thread Chapter 1: The Spider Farm - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Aug 27th, 2015, 08:31 PM
ironbeard's Avatar
ironbeard ironbeard is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2021
RPXP: 807
ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard
Posts: 1,901
The Cleric follows Korin inside and sees the ugly creatures. "Ugly as sin and thieves to boot Thorin says and moves next to Korin with shield quipped and morning star ready.

"The one with two weapons is probably the leader, but what do I know."the dwarf mutters and smiles slightly. ..they look like kobolds and I do hate those creatures... He attacks the nearest foe.

 
__________________
There comes, even to kings, the time of great weariness. Then the gold of the throne is brass, gems in the diadem sparkle drearily like the ice of the white seas; the speech of men is as the empty rattle of a jesterís bell
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Aug 27th, 2015, 08:32 PM
ironbeard's Avatar
ironbeard ironbeard is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2021
RPXP: 807
ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard
Posts: 1,901
reroll to hit
Dice Roll:
1d20 13
__________________
There comes, even to kings, the time of great weariness. Then the gold of the throne is brass, gems in the diadem sparkle drearily like the ice of the white seas; the speech of men is as the empty rattle of a jesterís bell
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Aug 28th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Dalwinkle once again lags behind the others. With his short legs, he just cannot manage to keep up. When he finally arrived at the next building, he hears some sort of fight going on inside. Peeking inside, he sees some strange little creatures, who look vaguely like goblins. Dal quietly sneeks into the building, trying to keep out of sight until he gets into a good position. Then, quick as a whip, he throws out three darts, one after the other, attempting to skewer one of the nasties.

 

Last edited by Huhart; Aug 28th, 2015 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Aug 29th, 2015, 07:08 AM
PinkFairyArmadilo's Avatar
PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo is offline
What the 'dil?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 5th, 2015
RPXP: 1322
PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo
Posts: 887
Tryanne, being ever the practicalist, attempts to speak reason to the creatures in the goblin tongue. They, unfortunately, offer no signs of comprehension, nor do they appear to second guess their attack plans.

Korin is the first to charge into the fray, followed by Thorin. Neither are terribly experienced warriors, though, and it shows in their attacks. Each being deftly dodged by the thieving creature.

Sheryllin and Dalwinkle, on the other hand, take a more subtle approach, slipping in and throwing their projectiles. Both hit their targets, though Dalwinkle with only one dart and neither monster seems to be in serious mortal jeopardy from their wounds.

The two single-weaponed creatures move to engage Thorin and Sheryllin in close combat, each closing the distance in a blink and moving with the grace of an acrobat. But the thief is nimble in her own right, and the dwarf is armored head to toe. Neither hero suffers so much as a scratch.

The dual-wielding enemy, and presumed leader takes a similarly ineffective stab at Korin with his short sword. Though that may have been by design, as Korin's parry leaves him open, and the monster's follow up attack with its off-hand dagger, leaves a large gash in the young warrior's abdomen (4 damage to Korin).

 
__________________
Name PFA's baby! Win FABULOUS PRIZES!
DM: The World's Scar Bazaar and Shadows of Darkshroud Peak
Posting status: Aaahhaahhaaaaah
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Aug 29th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Nade's Avatar
Nade Nade is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2023
RPXP: 4231
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Posts: 1,797
Korin looks to the side as Thorin joins him in the fray, the stoic dwarf standing side by side with him. As his blade whistles through the air, he glances to the dwarf, "Good to see you old timer. Lets see what you've got."

It should be said that Thorin could hardly be considered old, certainly in dwarven terms, but he was older than Korin. And to the lighthearted youngster, that made him simply ancient. Thorin also missed his attack, and Korin made a tut-tutting noise with his mouth (conveniently forgetting the fact that he had also missed it has to be said). Never missing an opportunity to bait the other warrior, it was with a small smirk on his face that Korin made his challenge.

"How about a small wager old-timer? One gold says I can kill more of them than you."

Truthfully though, Korin was glad of the dwarf's presence, helping to calm his nerves as they engaged the foe together. Sheryl's presence surprised him. She bravely charges into the hut, flicking her dagger to strike one of the enemies. This Sheryl seemed to be far different and far more composed than the broken one outside. Korin smiles despite himself.... The action makes him believe that perhaps she is not yet totally broken. Yet as one of them closes to her, he shouts out with worry, "Sheryl, get back....they're dangerous!"

Unfortunately, Korin was spending far too much time concentrating on things around him than he was concentrating on what was happening around him. Such it was that the creature engaged him, attempting to stab him in the midsection. Korin was equal to the first attack, bringing his sword up sharply to batter the attack back. A loud clang echoes through the air as steel meets steel, and Korin takes a step back from the force of the blow. The second attack gets him though. Its dagger catches him in the abdomen, cutting through flesh and drawing blood.

Korin gasps from the pain, falling backwards from the blow as he clutches at the gash in his midsection. Losing his balance, Korin falls backwards, landing on one of the opened chests. Rolling to the side, he attempts to react as he kicks out at the chest, booting it in the direction of the creature and its wicked blade as he desperately tries to buy himself precious few seconds to get out of the way.

The pain in his abdomen flares agonisingly as he then springs forward, trying to catch the creature off guard. Bringing his elbow up, he smashes it in the jaw as he leads through, grabbing it by the arm with one hand as he slashes out with his blade, attempting to land a blow to the creature's chest. Then, dropping to one knee, he aims a wicked slice towards the back of the creature's knees, attempting to cut its hamstring out from beneath it.

Remembering his father's lessons, Korin tries to calm himself and turn the tide of the fight.

 

Last edited by Nade; Aug 29th, 2015 at 12:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Aug 29th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Lexkat's Avatar
Lexkat Lexkat is offline
Pixie of the Crossing
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 8th, 2021
RPXP: 1765
Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat
Posts: 1,869
And this is where it gets ugly for Sheryllin. She can't hit anything with that thing. Heck, she can't even swing it right. But she stays and faces the goblin (?) anyway. "N-no! If Sheryllin runs, friend dies!" she says, determined to stay and fight.


So.... -3 for Str, and -3 for not knowing how to use a Short Sword. She's at 26 THAC0. I don't think she has a chance. Are there Natural 20s in AD&D?
Dice Dagger:
1d20 2
Just in case there are.
Dice Damage, if she hit:
1d6-1 (2)-1 Total = 1


 
__________________

Last edited by Lexkat; Sep 1st, 2015 at 02:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Aug 29th, 2015, 06:56 PM
MossStone's Avatar
MossStone MossStone is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2020
RPXP: 937
MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone
Posts: 824
Tyranne frowns at their lack of comprehension whoever they are they are not jut half starved goblins, she rushes forward and touches wich ever one of them is nearest, chanting the arcane words necessary to cast Chill Tuch, once contact is made however she will jump away if there is time, and repeat her words to them, this time in undercomon, since she does not think they speak gnoll. She also adds "If your surrender now, maybe they will give you a scentie of slavery rather than death, or if that is beneath your honor I can slit your throats for you instead. If you have rightful reason to be hear, I pray you speak now,you must know you are outnumbered hopelessly. " Maybe with a bit of pain and damage they will see reason.

Last edited by MossStone; Aug 30th, 2015 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Aug 29th, 2015, 11:04 PM
ironbeard's Avatar
ironbeard ironbeard is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2021
RPXP: 807
ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard ironbeard
Posts: 1,901
"..Damn these boyos are quick..."Thorin says and attacks the short sword welding critter in G4.

"Tyr guide my hand." he calls out and swings his morning star at the creatures head, hoping to spill some brains.

 


"Well, naery a scratch with that shot." he says disappointed
__________________
There comes, even to kings, the time of great weariness. Then the gold of the throne is brass, gems in the diadem sparkle drearily like the ice of the white seas; the speech of men is as the empty rattle of a jesterís bell

Last edited by ironbeard; Aug 29th, 2015 at 11:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Aug 29th, 2015, 11:59 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Dalwinkle smiled with satisfaction as one of his three darts hit its mark. But, the monster barely even shrugged. It swatted the dart like it would a mosquito and the thing went rattling on the ground. Dal frowned and grabbed for another volley. For a second, he contemplated his little weapons...
FlashbackDal ran down the street, knowing that an angry mob of family and retainers were close behind. He knew he had to get out of town, but all he had grabbed to take with him was his traveling cloak and a dusty bottle of Merlot. At the next corner, he turned left toward the armory. If he was to survive on the road, he needed a weapon. Inside the armory, Dal was greeted by a blacksmith named Lanyur Poben. Not only was Poben a muscular fellow, but his nose was over four and a half inches long. All the girls loved him. Dal hated him. But, he was in a hurry, so he had to deal with the dim-witted little gnome. "How many darts will you give me for this?" Dal asked, setting the wine bottle on the counter.
"I gots about 30 of em you ken have. But I aint got no bag to put em in." said Lanyur, eyeing the wine greedily.
Dal sighed and looked over the supplies on the nearby shelves. "What about that belt?"
Poben slowly turned around, the nodded his head. "That'l hold twelve..."
"Okay" Dal replied. "Give me that belt, twelve darts and, uh, throw in that broad sword, then the bottle is all yours." With a nod of consent from Poben, Dalwinkle grabbed the stuff and ran out the back door...

Concentrating on his aim, Dal throws another volley of darts at the creature.
 
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Aug 31st, 2015, 09:38 AM
ArionNaomi's Avatar
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 4172
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi
Posts: 1,770
Her first life or death fight. She was nervous. Korin told her to run, but Siren's feet were rooted to the floor. Goblins... She should go get the others, no, they were coming. Korin attacked and so did Sheryllin. No she wouldn't use monikers now. It was too serious of a time.

The goblins dagger lashed out at Korin's midsection. He could dodge it! He didn't. With horror, she saw the goblin's dagger come away red. "Korin!" She cried in horror. The wound didn't seem to slow him much as he attacked it with a furious blow. Another attacked Sheryllin. That was the one to go for. Hoping to take out her anger and horror of her friend being wounded on the poor bastard attacking Sheryllin.

She slashed out with her dagger, praying for a hit. As soon as the threat was over, she was marching right over to Korin and making sure he was ok. As she fought, she didn't even notice the angry, agonized tears streaming down her face.
 


 
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Aug 31st, 2015, 06:24 PM
PinkFairyArmadilo's Avatar
PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo is offline
What the 'dil?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 5th, 2015
RPXP: 1322
PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo PinkFairyArmadilo
Posts: 887
Perhaps suffering a nasty wound was the best thing for Korin, in the long run, as his next attack doesn't show the same nervous hesitation. The creature, though, still shows all of the acrobatic agility that made is impossible to hit the first time. It effortlessly spins out of the way of the kicked chest as it skitters across the floor. With the skill of a veteran warrior, is reaches an arm up to block Korin's elbow, but it's thin limbs are little help against the young warrior's overwhelming power. With a flurry of blows to counter, the creature just doesn't have the strength to effectively block any of them. In a matter of seconds it is impaled upon Korin's sword.

The creature behind the fallen leader focusing its attention on Thorin, and doesn't have a chance to dodge the skittering chest. Knocked off balance, it is an easy target for Dalwinkle's dart.

With both of its companions down, the last of the monsters disengages from Sheryllin and looks to run to the doorway. It doesn't look like it's fleeing in terror, or anything though. More a tactical retreat. Though it never really gets the chance for either, as Siren sprints in, dagger trained on it's heart.

All three of the creatures lie bleeding on the floor. There are no more signs of life.

 
__________________
Name PFA's baby! Win FABULOUS PRIZES!
DM: The World's Scar Bazaar and Shadows of Darkshroud Peak
Posting status: Aaahhaahhaaaaah
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 12:25 AM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Running over to the creature that he killed, Dalwinkle plucks out his darts one by one. Then, with a guttural howl, he thrusts his dart into the critter's neck, assuring its demise. "Ahh, that's the lucky one!" he states, pulling it back out. Dal proceeds to riffle through the dead goblin's clothes, looking for valuables. This was not the first dead creature the gnome had ever encountered. So he knew that the thing would not longer have any use for its belongings.

Once he was satisfied that he had found everything of value, Dal searched the floor for rest of his darts. One seemed to have lodged itself about six feet up the wall. He stood in from of the wall and stared at the dart, speculating on how to retrieve it. Thouhg it pained him, he reluctantly asked for assistance. "Uhh, a little help here, please?"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 02:23 AM
Lexkat's Avatar
Lexkat Lexkat is offline
Pixie of the Crossing
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 8th, 2021
RPXP: 1765
Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat
Posts: 1,869
Sheryllin nearly flung the short sword as she failed to strike at the goblin. So it was with relief that she saw the creature turn tail and try to run. And then Sheryllin sees the reason why as Squirrel raced in and stabbed him dead.

Upon seeing that the battle is over, the first thing she does follow the girl who saved her to Fish. "Thank you, Miss- Squirrel. Y-you saved this one." she nods once, then runs over to the goblin leader, taking her dagger from the goblins side, then stabbing the worthless short sword in, to takes it's place.

She takes nothing more and moves to be between the leader, and the one who tried to flee. If any but Squirrel and Fish come near, she'll sneer at them.

 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 06:06 AM
ArionNaomi's Avatar
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 4172
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi
Posts: 1,770
Siren smiled grimly as her dagger plunged into the heart of the creature. She gave it a wicked twist and pulled it free as the body fell. She flicked her wrist, flinging blood and ichor off her blade and glanced around. Sheryllin was uninjured and seemed to be standing guard.

"You ok, Sheryllin? Yep you're ok, it's no problem, I help all my friends. Including you." she said distractedly. Her eyes went to Korin. He was bleeding.

Siren switched her blade to her off hand as she rushed over to her friend, worry in her eyes. She came to face him, wincing as she saw all the blood. "Oh no, Korin..." She said in misery. "I shouldn't have let you leave home! I should have tied you to a tree or something to keep you safe. I couldn't protect you... I froze. I'm sorry..." She said, tears spilling from her eyes.

She leaned down to examine his injury, wincing again as she tried to tug his hand aside to get a look. "Oh gods Korin, you're not supposed to let the bad guys use you for target practice," she tried to joke, but failed to smile. She was much too worried as she fussed over him until the cleric could come over and see to his injury.

"And Korin? Try not to worry me like that again. I wouldn't have anything left if I lost you." She looked up into his eyes, tears still falling.

 

Last edited by ArionNaomi; Sep 1st, 2015 at 06:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 08:01 AM
Nade's Avatar
Nade Nade is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2023
RPXP: 4231
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Posts: 1,797
And just like that, it was over. The last of them was on the floor, blood spilling from it. Korin looks over them with a wry expression that was half-smile, half-grimace. Then the adrenaline wears off, and it is replaced with....

Pain....

Agony floods through him from the wound he has taken. Korin winces as he reaches down to touch the cut. His hand comes away stained with blood. This wasn't what the bards sang about. They didn't sing about the pain and discomfort. They sang about heroic deeds and victories against overwhelming odds. Nobody ever sang about how much it damn hurt. Smiling through gritted teeth, he waves away Siren's concern.

"Its ok, I'm fine. Its just a scratch, nothing more. It happens to the best of us, even us heroes eh?" Laughing weakly, Korin immediately regrets it as the motion sends another wave of pain coursing through his body. "As if you could ever keep me at home or ever get me to do anything I didn't want to do Squirrel? And being target practice, that's just part of the job description isn't it?"

Despite his circumstances, he sticks his tongue out at her. Then, seeing how upset she was, his face straightens and he reaches out, squeezing her shoulder reassuringly. "Don't worry Squirrel, I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon. You're going to have to do better than that to get rid of me."

Grinning at her, his tone nevertheless becomes more serious. "You did good. Both of you." Looking over to Sheryl to include her in that comment he was about to reach out and squeeze her shoulder too when he remembers what she said earlier and stops, nodding his head to her instead. The cheeky smile comes back again as he regards Thorin. "And unless my counting is out, I make that one to me, zero to you, good dwarf."

Korin starts to bow theatrically but stops as the wound twinges again and he bites his lip from the pain. Recovering quickly his hand instinctively goes to the wound as he looks to Dal. "That was some pretty good dart work there, good fellow, even if I do say so myself."

Then he smiles at Tryanne. "And you, that was some fancy casting you did there. You see, you're not all about flames and burning."

Grinning, he nevertheless winces at the latest wave of pain as he begins looking over the bodies. Walking up to the first, he prods it with his boot, turning it over as he muses, "I guess you were here after the silk. I wonder if there are any more of you here?"

The question hangs in the air as he speaks it, wondering as he did so whether they were still in danger....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB