The Trial - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Apr 18th, 2022, 12:07 AM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,322
He advises you that the Beast has really said nothing in his own defense, and there is quite a list of charges.
But he agrees, it probably can't hurt, and he gives you a written authorization to visit the Beast, acting as an agent for the Court, for the Defense.

He also informs you that the Beast is being held in a cell in the basement of the courthouse. With guards present.
__________________
Anodyzed
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 09:11 PM
noozoo's Avatar
noozoo noozoo is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2023
RPXP: 143
noozoo noozoo
Posts: 893
"Would you take us to talk to him? It would be better if you're there, so if he says anything new you'll hear it." says Chemistry.
__________________
---------------------------_/ /\/\ /\/ -----------------------------
mike@noozoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 10:13 PM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,322
He escorts you.

At the entrance to the cells, he's challenged by an armed guard. The lawyer presents his identification, and vouches for you (all of you? who is there?). You're admitted to a large room, maybe 25x20, but it has a 10x10 cell all bars, in one corner.

Within the cell, is the largest humanoid construct you've ever seen. Easily 8 feet tall, maybe 4 feet acress the shoulders. Clearly was patched together, not very artfully. Wearing only a loincloth, you assume The Beast is male. He sits in a corner of the cell, head down, breathing barely audible.

He doesn't even look up when you all enter. You also notice there are three other guards in the room, all armed.
__________________
Anodyzed
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 10:59 PM
noozoo's Avatar
noozoo noozoo is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2023
RPXP: 143
noozoo noozoo
Posts: 893
Chemistry will go right up to the cell and look in at the Beast. She'll start talking to him, in a quiet voice, just as if he were a human man, and somewhat intelligent. She'll say how she has heard a lot about him, but she doesn't really think a lot of what she heard is true. She'd like to hear the truth from him, starting with his name. She asks his name, and if he doesn't answer, she'll say if he doesn't have a name, maybe they could give him one. Would he like that?

Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+13 (11)+13 Total = 24


She watches him closely to see if anything she says gets a reaction from him.
__________________
---------------------------_/ /\/\ /\/ -----------------------------
mike@noozoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 01:18 AM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,322
The Beast looks up at her, he's listening but almost as if he doesn't believe what he's hearing.

After some thought, he tells Chemistry he doesn't know a name, that the guards and persons who captured him just call him The Beast. To answer her question about the truth, he tells her he doesn't remember doing the bad things he's accused of.
__________________
Anodyzed
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 01:48 AM
cybersavant's Avatar
cybersavant cybersavant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 201
cybersavant cybersavant cybersavant
Posts: 1,745
Keeshraal moves closer after Chemistry has started her dialogue and the prisoner answers. The catfolk looks at the guards to see if they're listening. "I'm Keeshraal. What do you remember? Where were you at the time in question?"
__________________
gaming since 1980
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 01:55 AM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,322
He answers, with a confused look on his face, I don't know what time you're talking about. I was caught in the University building.
__________________
Anodyzed
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 05:22 PM
noozoo's Avatar
noozoo noozoo is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2023
RPXP: 143
noozoo noozoo
Posts: 893
"Why were you in the university? What were you doing there?" asks Chemistry.

"I'd like it if you had a name. I think some people may treat you a bit better if you had a real name, like .... Ken. Could we call you Ken?"
__________________
---------------------------_/ /\/\ /\/ -----------------------------
mike@noozoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 05:54 PM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,322
I don't remember why I was in the university. My first memory is of being captured.

And yes, Ken sounds a good name, at least as good as any other.
__________________
Anodyzed

Last edited by Anodyzed; Apr 23rd, 2022 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 09:18 PM
noozoo's Avatar
noozoo noozoo is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2023
RPXP: 143
noozoo noozoo
Posts: 893
Chemistry gets a flash, an idea, a thought that pops into her mind. But she keeps it to herself, for now.

"So, you have no memories at all from before that time? No memory of a creator, a parent, or a dramatic event where you awoke and found you were... you? Ken? I believe you are accused of doing other things in the days and week before you were captured; things that are likely exaggerated or straight out lies, I am guessing. You don't recall them, either? What about when you were captured. Do you recall a small green statuette?"
__________________
---------------------------_/ /\/\ /\/ -----------------------------
mike@noozoo.com

Last edited by noozoo; Apr 23rd, 2022 at 09:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 09:34 PM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,322
No, no memories of 'before' the apprehension. No creator, no parent, no memories of other things they say I've done. And no, nothing of a green statuette.

Everyone who is at all close to 'Ken" give me a Perception roll.
__________________
Anodyzed
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 10:16 PM
noozoo's Avatar
noozoo noozoo is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2023
RPXP: 143
noozoo noozoo
Posts: 893
Chemistry, Perception:
Dice perception:
1d20 3
__________________
---------------------------_/ /\/\ /\/ -----------------------------
mike@noozoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Apr 24th, 2022, 12:44 AM
cybersavant's Avatar
cybersavant cybersavant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 201
cybersavant cybersavant cybersavant
Posts: 1,745
Keeshraal

Dice perception:
1d20+10 (1)+10 Total = 11
Dice sense motive:
d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
Dice kn engineering:
1d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17

__________________
gaming since 1980
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 08:23 PM
noozoo's Avatar
noozoo noozoo is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2023
RPXP: 143
noozoo noozoo
Posts: 893
Chemistry looks carefully at "Ken" to see how he is made. Is it out of human parts, or something else, or a mish-mash? She thinks the statuette may have somehow gone into him, melded with him or even into a flap of skin with a small space inside. And that maybe who we are talking to now is from the statuette; whoever was in there before might have been someone different. So she looks for places where the statue might be hidden. Being a construct, there could be places a normal creature wouldn't have available.

Dice Perception:
1d20 12
__________________
---------------------------_/ /\/\ /\/ -----------------------------
mike@noozoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 09:25 PM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,322
Chemistry sees no 'places' the statuette could be concealed. He is mostly human parts, but definitely big ones. Ken is close to or thereabout 7 feet tall, probably 350 lbs and it looks to be mostly muscle. His features are crude, patched together badly, but apparently it all works.
__________________
Anodyzed
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB