twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2020, 11:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54977
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Interested in Reading? Start here...

This is an amazing game, and Kapera is an amazing Storyteller! I heartily recommend everyone read this game. This is the best I can do by way of organization, as a contents page list doesn't account for overlapping threads. (I'm posting this while Kapera is on hiatus due to covid-related life changes, so I'll try to keep it organized but she may want to do this better when she returns.)

It is rather hard to get into because we didn't all start in the same place. There are a host of solo threads from the first night that all say Rising from Ashes in the title, and there are a couple expansions at Jack's and Elysium. At the time of my posting this, only Margherita Carrara is still a current character; Thomas Brennan has been sidelined for the time being, Adina remained with us through the first two nights, and Archie through the first.

The first group game thread is Elysium: By the Sea: Ashes Falling. Note, Margherita arrives there before the others, so the first handful of posts are just from Kapera and me. The others are given their opportunity to join in shortly after.

Along the way, Yolandra (Yolandra Leandros), Gardener (Tending to the Vines), and Leesa (Burn it to the Ground) got started, and joined us towards the end of the Elysium thread or by the beginning of the next one. Yolandra exited the first thread before the others, going off in search of an acquaintance in Missing Ezra. At the time of my posting this, of these three only Leesa is still a current character.

The group proceeded next to the haven of Cheryl Johnson in Of Havens and Hell, after which they learned that Yolandra had been attacked at Ezra's law offices, and they went to join that thread here.

There ended Night One.

Night Two begins with the group meeting at Elysium, joined within a handful of posts by Alec Thorne, who spent the first night at his Chantry. Margherita is late, due to other things she needed to do first. They end up making contact with a strange Kindred who gives them tasks to complete before they are willing to assist in what must be done. Rita goes off in search of forbidden answers, Alec and Adina go pry into Tremere secrets, and Leesa and Thomas follow ghosts to a graveyard.

So concluded Night Two.

Night Three begins with the group forming at Elysium again, but Margherita is waylaid, helped out by newcomer Jordan Cross. They rejoin the others after fleeing the encounter. Another newcomer, Jan Babyak, was present at Elysium from the start, but went off in search of his own answers.

After the group has an eye-opening but conflicted conversation of what they learned the night prior, Leesa stormed out (followed by Thomas) and they made their way to the graveyard again, followed shortly after by Margherita, Alec, and Jordan. (While they're searching out the grave marker they're after, Rita and Alec separate a little and have a frank discussion.) Once they find the grave of Ezekiel Cross, they also find names scratched on it, the first one is his alternate name, Zeek DeCosta. On the back however, they also find the names Chrysemys Miko and Kiko, which the investigators don't recognize.

So concluded Night Three.

And our story continues...

Last edited by Aethera; Aug 15th, 2020 at 06:33 PM.
Closed Thread