RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > Beyond Valor
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 06-16-2018, 02:56 PM
AmonBlackwood's Avatar
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 97
AmonBlackwood
Posts: 100
Nerissaadi
left-aligned image

Having been in standoff situations more times than she could remember and reasonably satisfied that this priest might help, Neri's hidden eyes beneath her scarf centered on the leftmost (hopefully) unsuspecting goon. She wasn't certain Manoog hadn't seen her ploy, but she might catch one of them in their overconfidence.

Her muscles twitch as she begins to hurl her dagger as soon as Hassan finishes "..thieves?"



Dice Initative:
1d20+3 (13)+3 Total = 16
__________________
Status:
Currently in Explorers of Nejaris, West Marches: Expedition North, and Invasion of the Sands.
PM if you ever need a reliable player!

Last edited by AmonBlackwood; 06-19-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-18-2018, 10:09 PM
BaronVon BaronVon is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2018
RPXP: 457
BaronVon BaronVon BaronVon BaronVon BaronVon
Posts: 163
The battle BeginsThe men stutter in reaction to Neri's quick movement, "Hassan, you would align with these animals who attack while we speak?" he says on the defensive. The men prepare themselves for combat but not before Neri is able to release her dagger.


OOC
Dice Initiative:
1d20 14


If you beat the roll above, you can post in any order. Ask any questions for clarification in OOC

Their AC is 11
__________________
On the iPhone for the next week or so. Please excuse spelling errors

Last edited by BaronVon; 06-18-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-18-2018, 10:44 PM
nevalgis's Avatar
nevalgis nevalgis is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2018
RPXP: 591
nevalgis nevalgis nevalgis nevalgis nevalgis nevalgis
Posts: 456
Jools Cherrier
left-aligned image

"We serve the true King, he who is ordained by gods and blood, the exiled"... The scarab, Jools's frown deepened. The fact the woman with the journal was followed to the meeting place worried him. Someone in the Claw was either reckless in the face of a formidable rival or bought. Either of the options did not bode well and additional measures would need to be taken when sending the report.

On the other hand, this turn of events was quite fortunate for Jools personally. This was a valuable piece of information, and Jools had been struggling to meet the expectations as of late. If only he could get apprehend one of these men...

Lost in thought he didn't notice when the fight started without him.


rolls
Dice initiative:
d20-1 (9)-1 Total = 8


 

 
__________________
Man down

Last edited by nevalgis; 06-19-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Martyn's Avatar
Martyn Martyn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-26-2018
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Posts: 539
Hassan as-Sabbāh
right-aligned image
Hassan tried to
Dice Initiative:
1d20+1 (10)+1 Total = 11
quickly pull out his saif but was not quick enough. He wondered if this would turn out badly after all.

Why must I always seem to be surrounded by the rash ones, Hassan thought to himself. Before, if the authorities showed up, the others where clearly the instigators. Now, well, the girl struck first. I have no desire to sit in some musty jail awaiting a magistrate's whim.


 

 

Last edited by Martyn; 06-19-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-20-2018, 08:34 AM
AmonBlackwood's Avatar
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 97
AmonBlackwood
Posts: 100
Nerissaadi
left-aligned image

The dagger leaves Neri's hand, taking one rotation as it flies across the room toward the mace-wielding man on the left. It spins true, aimed directly for the man's abdomen.

As soon as the weapon is let loose, she makes a move toward the bar to put a bit of distance between her and those that would take her property. This job could ensure that I live to a ripe old age in a peaceful place. I'm not giving it up so easily... The sudden surge of adrenaline pushes away the mental fogginess from the mead. She clearly hears the man's grunt of pain as her dagger embeds itself in his gut.

In the final five feet of her movement, she tries to break line-of-sight with the thugs behind the bar, while drawing a fresh dagger from her belt.


Rolls
Dice Attack with thrown dagger (Advantage):
1d20+5 (20)+5 Total = 25
1d20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13


Dice Damage roll with sneak attack:
1d4+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
2d6 2, 6 Total = 8


Dice Critical damage rolls:
1d4+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
2d6 4, 5 Total = 9


Dice Attempt to Hide:
1d20+5 (2)+5 Total = 7


Total damage (with ability mod x 1) = 23


 


 
__________________
Status:
Currently in Explorers of Nejaris, West Marches: Expedition North, and Invasion of the Sands.
PM if you ever need a reliable player!

Last edited by AmonBlackwood; 06-20-2018 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Add crit and description
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-21-2018, 08:41 PM
BaronVon BaronVon is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2018
RPXP: 457
BaronVon BaronVon BaronVon BaronVon BaronVon
Posts: 163
Neri's dagger flies true and one of the Thugs at the door doubles over grasping at his stomach. He yells out in pain as Manoog spurs his men on "You see?! They strike first! Grab her!"

The unharmed men rush forward though the one who was struck by her struggles to keep up. One attempts to grab her while the other one tries to kick her feet from under her. While trying to grab Neri, the thug inadvertently forgets that he was holding a mace and drops it from the hand he reached toward Neri with. It lands with a thud and startling the thug as he looks at the dropped weapon. The second thug, as he tries to trip Neri kicks the leg of a table as Neri is able to easily sidestep the attack.

Manoog holds his dagger back at the other two "Don't do anything you'll regret" as he ready's his throw.

OOC
CharacterACHPMoveAction
Manoog11??NoneReady action'
Thug 111??Move to NeriGrapple attack
Thug 2115Move to NeriShove prone

Dice Thug 1 grapple check:
1d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2

Dice Neri's resistance to grapple:
1d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6


Dice Thug 2 shove check:
1d20+1 (2)+1 Total = 3

Dice Neri's resistance to shove:
1d20+5 (15)+5 Total = 20

__________________
On the iPhone for the next week or so. Please excuse spelling errors

Last edited by BaronVon; 06-21-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:17 PM
Martyn's Avatar
Martyn Martyn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-26-2018
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Posts: 539
Hassan as-Sabbāh
right-aligned image
Hassan looked at Manoog and then the two trying to grapple the infuriating woman.

"See here, I will heal your man but you must stop this attempt of procuring that which you have shown no ownership of. And you woman, stop throwing daggers! We are not a bunch of rabid animals to be disrupting this establishment with a brawl." Scowling at Manoog, "Well-what say you? Because the wrong words will make me angry. You
Dice intimidation:
1d20+1 (11)+1 Total = 12
DON'T want to see me angry."


 

 

Last edited by Martyn; 06-21-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-22-2018, 09:06 AM
nevalgis's Avatar
nevalgis nevalgis is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2018
RPXP: 591
nevalgis nevalgis nevalgis nevalgis nevalgis nevalgis
Posts: 456
Jools Cherrier
left-aligned image

The scarab..., the thought persisted in Jools's mind. This changed things. He wasn't sure they would be able to retrieve the artifact, with the help of the priest or not. There was no guarantee that the artifact even existed - it was just another lead his superiors had decided to investigate. In contrast, here he was presented with an opportunity to procure information about scarab, a sure way to gain respect within the family. He didn't want the fight, but he needed to get his hands on one of the men, dead or alive.

"The robber expects fair treatment, whereas the victim is denied self defence? Tyr have mercy upon you mister, for I won't". Jools adeptly raises his hand towards one of the thugs, preparing to release the bolt of magic energy. He could feel his fingers shaking slightly, the spell ready to be discharged with a blast.


rolls
Dice chaos bolt against thug:
d20+5sh11 (17)+5 Total = 22

Dice damage of chaos bolt:
2d8 1, 8 Total = 9
d6 3

Total damage - 12
Choosing damage type - thunder


 

 
__________________
Man down

Last edited by nevalgis; 06-22-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:23 PM
AmonBlackwood's Avatar
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 97
AmonBlackwood
Posts: 100
Nerissaadi
left-aligned image


After dodging the feeble attempts of the thugs to restrain her, Neri was worried the priest and her contact might leave her to fight alone.

She is relieved as the priest raises his voice and the yellow-clad man raises his hands, apparently preparing some form of magic. Good, maybe I'm not alone here. I just hope they will do something if these goons don't back off.

Shifting carefully away from the two men, she moves to stand next to Hassan, hoping the large man's presence deters further aggression. She sneers, "Last chance you bottom dwellers, before I send you to your gods. Walk away, there's no reason for anyone to die here.. and I'll take my dagger if you'd be so kind."

Neri tunes her senses and prepares for an attack from any direction.



Rolls
None - disengage, move, talk (free action), dodge as action.


 


 
__________________
Status:
Currently in Explorers of Nejaris, West Marches: Expedition North, and Invasion of the Sands.
PM if you ever need a reliable player!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB