RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > The Lost Coast
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 08-20-2018, 09:42 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 7813
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 1,596
NoriaAs her companions began to leaf through the progressively more disturbing journals, Noria opened the envelope and found five bank notes from the First Bank of Magnimar. She glanced at each of them and laid them on the table before her like a hand of cards. Five of a kind in this case; 1,000 Gold piecessails each. "One note for each of Tsuto's party," she observed, looking at the journal drawings of his adventuring companions and trying to connect some significance to the matching number of bank notes. She cast a sideways glance at Deverin to
Dice Sense Motive:
1d20+5 (20)+5 Total = 25
gauge her reaction to the news of what was in the envelope... and what Noria did with the contents.

Noria turned her attention to the unfolding (and puzzling) story of Tsuto's last few years. "Lovely drawings, but it would be clearer if he had written his thoughts," she grumbled. Art was one of several disciplines her parents had tried to thrust upon her with no success. She could create beauty on a page or canvas about as well as Ingea created beauty with digestive gasses. Seeing art done well only reminded her of her long miserable struggle with the skill. Pushing these thoughts aside, Noria
Dice Knowledge, Arcana for the bat monster:
1d20+4sch25 (8)+4 Total = 12
Dice Knowledge Arcana for hounds:
1d20+4sch21 (14)+4 Total = 18
Dice Knowledge Geography for the Island Fortress:
1d20+8sch16 (4)+8 Total = 12
gazed at the various pictures looking for clues, or some familiar sight. Seeing the symbols matching the ones she had taken rubbings of in the ruins below Sandpoint, she let out a quick grunt of triumph and produced the rubbing to compare. She smirked at the now incarcerated Bruthazmus and shuddered at the sickening depiction of Lamashtu. And then finally...

Quote:
"Father Tobyn..."
Noria gasped and looked up in disbelief at Talai, her lips moved silently but formed an unmistakable, single-word question: Alive?

OOC
 

Last edited by ruffdove; 08-20-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:47 AM
ekidnu's Avatar
ekidnu ekidnu is offline
Nargle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 23355
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Posts: 6,206
Atsuii’s jewelry—for Tsuto’s mother is the only plausible owner—is quickly forgotten in light of the journals’ dark revelations, especially the shocking final drawing. “Tobyn?!” Laurel exclaims, her hand cupping reflexively over her mouth. A kaleidoscope of emotions spins in her head: naturally surprise most of all, but also confusion, dread, disbelief, horror ... and a hint of underlying bitterness too, dating back to her mother’s death.

“What … why would Tsuto draw a picture of Tobyn like that?” The druid struggles to make sense of it all, voicing her thoughts in a stream of consciousness. “Tobyn’s been dead for years now,” she taps the date printed several pages back, confirming that the picture was drawn well after the priest’s death. “Right?” Her voice uncertain, she looks to Noria and Talai for support. “After all, you yourself said that somebody took his remains from the Boneyard. Right?”

With a sad, sighing frown Laurel shakes her head. “Well, there’s no doubt now—if there ever was any—Tsuto’s deeply involved with all of this,” her hand gestures at the pictures of monsters and goblins, Bruthazmus and Lamashtu, Noria’s rubbing and Tsuto’s matching drawing. “But I wonder ... hmmm …” she flips through the pages of the last journal, stopping at the illustration of an island fortress. “I thought it looked familiar. This is Thistletop, just off the coast of the Nettlewood in the heart of goblin territory. It's not too far north of Sandpoint.” She flips forward several pages, to the drawing of a
Dice Knowledge (local):
1d20+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
frightened wizardess standing over a slain man. “But I wonder who this is, and if it’s important?” Laurel glances thoughtfully at the second journal. “Maybe Nualia would know? I didn’t realize that she went adventuring with Tsuto. Where is she now anyways?”
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-24-2018, 11:54 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
Cantankerous Construct
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 23662
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,076
"Tobyn's been dead for years now... after all, you yourself said that somebody took his remains from the Boneyard. Right?”"

"So we have thought," Mayor Deverin gasps, now rubbing her tired, red-rimmed eyes in disbelief.

Nearby, Ignea - who had been occupying herself with oggling some of Tsuto's more intimate portraits of Nualia - looks up as if trying to remember something. She begins fishing around in her belt... under her breastplate... and in her pants... before her eyes finally light up. It appears that she has found what she seeks!

"I found this thing in Crispy's death hole," she says, pulling something from within her breeches and tossing it upon the table. It's a flat, round piece of metal - blacked from fire - with a Like a starknife...four-point star etched into its surface. A medallion or holy symbol of some sort...

"I tried trading it to Owner of the Feathered Serpent... a shop that sells oddities and magic items.Voon for some goat weed and uh... favor," she mumbles. "His loss..."


Last edited by mad_gondsman; 08-25-2018 at 12:08 AM. Reason: I forgot I was writing for Ignea for a second. I had to add something off-color.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-27-2018, 11:47 AM
ekidnu's Avatar
ekidnu ekidnu is offline
Nargle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 23355
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Posts: 6,206
“Crispy?” Clearly confused, Laurel glances around at her companions. “Who's that?” The blackened medallion is likely just as much a mystery—
Dice Knowledge (local):
1d20+3 (14)+3 Total = 17
has she seen it before?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-27-2018, 08:37 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
Cantankerous Construct
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 23662
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,076
GMSkill info...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-28-2018, 08:20 AM
Cactuar's Avatar
Cactuar Cactuar is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 3523
Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar Cactuar
Posts: 703
Talai VhiskiTalai's eyes
Dice Perception, K Local, Linguistics:
1d20+8 (13)+8 Total = 21
1d20+6 (13)+6 Total = 19
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14
dance over the pages of her own journal, flitting through its contents before her attention is forcefully yanked away by the excited revelations of the others. She frowns as some Nualia's role in Tsuto's past is revealed in snapshots, portrait after portrait, brow furrowing as the subject matter shifts to creatures she couldn't begin to know anything about.

More than anything, Noria's unvoiced question chills her, and she can only answer with the same wide-eyed silence as they slowly begin to piece together a puzzle she still can't quite glimpse the shape of.

She joins Laurel at the table, peering over to
Dice Perception, Appraisal:
1d20+8 (20)+8 Total = 28
1d20+6 (17)+6 Total = 23
examine the medallion in her own turn, and perhaps, if she's being honest, merely to feel her friend's presence closer at her side as she weathers the dizzying rain of new and unsettling revelation.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-02-2018, 08:02 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 7813
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 1,596
Noria"Thistletop! Of course. Nice catch, Laurel," Noria remarked, looking again at the page. How did I not make that connection? she wondered.

Noria made no comment about the picture of Nualia. Clearly she had some relationship with Tsuto, so his betrayal had likely hit her as hard as anyone. For him, and now possibly Tobyn as well, to be involved in this madness besieging the town must have been a blow to the strange young woman, and Noria sympathized with her. She also thought Laurel's question--where was Nualia now?--was a good one. They would have to talk to her again, though she did not relish asking her for more information about Tsuto... not after what she and Talai had seen--and felt--in Nualia's chamber at the Cathedral.

When Ingea produced the medallion and Laurel and Talai examined it closely, Noria just stared at it neutrally. She had not know Father Tobyn in life as the native Sandpointers had and would not recognize any of his trappings. Something did strike her as a little unusual, though. A simple religious detail that any Varisian child would know. "Tobyn was a priest of Desna, correct? The star knife is Desna's favored weapon, but her symbol is a butterfly. Strange that he would wear a medallion with the likeness of his goddess's weapon and not her symbol."

"I think the journals provide us with needed guidance on where to go next. They suggest this dark plan unfolding against Sandpoint has its origins at Thistletop." Unconsciously, Noria's hand moved to the hilt of her sword as if relishing itself the chance to draw it against more goblins and bugbears. "It will be a dangerous foray, but hopefully the stronghold's defenders were thinned in the attack on the Swallowtail festival. We should outfit ourselves well for this. These should help." She held up the bank notes and began to pass them out. "One for each of us, whether you wish to join me in investigating Thistletop or not. Talai, Laurel... Ingea..." She turned to the arcanist. He had flushed Tsuto right into her waiting arms and had every right to a share. She handed him his note. "What about it Breck? Are you in?"

OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-06-2018, 10:38 PM
ekidnu's Avatar
ekidnu ekidnu is offline
Nargle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 23355
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Posts: 6,206
With eyes wide as saucers, Laurel stares dumbly as Noria presses a bank note into her hand. A thousand sails! Just for me?! After a long, shocked pause, she gives the mayor a questioning glance, wondering if this piece of Tsuto's wealth is really so easily hers. “I ... this ... do ... really?” She exchanges a giddy, unbelieving look with Talai—it is as if their childhood fantasies of daring adventures and undreamt of treasures are becoming reality.

Eventually the druid gathers herself, returning her focus to the party's next step. “I fear you're right about Thistletop,” she responds to the ranger, “but we should speak with Tsuto first. We don't want to jump to a wrong conclusion, just because he's drawn a picture of the place.” Of course, a dozen years ago Laurel would have led the charge to Thistletop herself without a second thought—how things have changed. “Also ... Kendra? Will Sandpoint be okay without us? I know we were supposed to help guard the city, but if we could find out more about what all this is about ... that could really help a lot.”
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB