RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 08-25-2018, 01:53 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2018
RPXP: 4552
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 3,858
Tsarra Rhothomir
left-aligned image
After a few minutes outside cooling her head, Tsarra felt much better. She comes back into the conversation feeling refreshed...

"Illegal arms. From the North," Tsarra added, "Probably high grade, given the reliability of the Captain. He seemed like the type to do good business."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-26-2018, 09:53 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 7780
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 5,805
Mission entirely probableRovard listened to the warrior speak and he knew for this group his desire to go in stealthily and dispatch of as many enemies as possible before a proper pitched battle would prove fruitless. The half-orc scratched his chin for a moment as he considered what lay before him and when he was finally resigned to the situation he stood to his full height. "So be it, fast and loud it is. At the very least let us cross the ground silently so we can avoid fighting the entirety of the tower in a doorway."

Rovard sighed quietly, it would be a long day to be certain.
__________________
Work has returned to normal as has posting.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-28-2018, 09:40 AM
Jennifer's Avatar
Jennifer Jennifer is offline
Queen of Mischief
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 1706
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Posts: 2,648
The Stage is SetWith final details being locked into place, the dwarven lord introduces you to a scout of his. "Champions, this is Doctor Kodruli Brewflayer. He will see to it you get to the tower safely, and will assist as needed in retrieving our counterparts." With that, Lord Elderon returns to his maps and scrolls, brow furrowed in deep concentration once again.

Kodruli shrugs. He is a stout young dwarf, the first you have seen on the southern continent with a traditional beard of spun copper wire like hair, his brown eyes seem to have both a sedate peace as well as a burning fire buried below the calm exterior. Black panther leathers cover him from head to toe and you can almost imagine a thousand pockets and slots hidden in that armor. "If you'll excuse the sovereign, he has had a rather tough life trying to fight for freedom for his people. Trust in foreigners is at an all time low amoungst my people."

"I will be most glad to show you to the southwestern, Imperial tower.
The town, at night, is not a safe place. Many a drunken sailor and soldier, many brawls. I would like to bring a few friends of mine, "
he points to a table where four gnomes sit playing cards. "to run perimeter and warn us of any issues in our path. They're really good with the bow, though they will not help with the melee." Not seeing a negative scowl on anyone's face, he continues.

"If you would like to rest, we have some beds in the back. I have some Bread of the Seldarine. I find it invigorating and it does seem to keep one's belly satiated for quite some time. Well, it's that or the rum, but let's go with the bread." He hands each of you a piece. (OOC: If you decide to eat it, you suffer the effects of +2 constitution for 12 hours.)


{{{a few hours later}}}


Climbing through the back alleys of Rāmiscu Vālencea was quite a work out. Most of the effort is carefully moving or climbing over debris without making noise. The rest is in sprinting to avoid patrols and drunken sailors and guards. For the time being, at least, the fact many of the dwarven street lamps are doused due to ill repair is a blessing, as it provides many more shadows and dark alleys to traverse.

Only once were you at risk of being found out. A pair of guards virtually tripped over Rimi's leg from her hiding spot. As soon as they turned to investigate what they tripped on, arrow points grew from their chests and the two fell in a heap on the floor in front of you. Gnomish scouts were at least doing their jobs.

As the city peels away from you, and you enter the dessert sands of the southern empire, your gnomish scouts bid farewell and head back home to their families. It is just you, and the dwarven rogue, as you slide into the night like mist into fog. Moments, or so it feels, later you see the tower rising up over the dunes ahead of you.

The tower (see above) rises about 37 feet in total, three stories of 10 feet each, plus a pavilion up top to shelter timbers and other sundries for making war. On the north and east sides of the tower hang banners of purple, with black paisleys dedicated to the worship of the Goddess and her minions. The south and west faces are unadorned, with naught but arrow slits.

The main gates are on the north and south faces of the tower. At each stand two guards in hauberks, leather skirts, sandals and carrying wicked looking pikes. The walls of the tower look to be smooth as glass, but you know from history and discussions that the blocks of marble are so finely cut and fitted together that it only appears to be one solid piece of marble. The smooth nature of the tower virtually makes free climbing impossible - though a well trained cat-burgler could probably pull it off with some difficulty.

A feeling of unease crosses the party as they see a group of randomly shifting and meandering undead walking what appears to be some kind of perimeter. This was an unaccounted for obstacle.


MechanicsWill need initiatives and actions.
__________________
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-29-2018, 08:56 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 7780
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 5,805
RovardThe Horc spent no more of his time standing over the map or the blueprints, he knew the layout as well as he was going to so instead he started working through the various approaches in his head while he ate some of the offered bread. Given that he seemed to be the only one with any training in the more subtle arts fast and loud would probably be the best approach, taking the enemy by surprise and leaving them no time to organize. If he was lucky he would be able to get close to any apparent sentries and take them down without much noise but that didn't seem overly likely.

Thoughts continued to rattle through his skull as he finished off the bread and took a quick catnap, awaking well before their outing and gathering all the soot he could to wipe it carefully over his exposed flesh, having some areas darker than others to break up the outline of his form as much as possible. When his body was accounted for he did the same for the tips and blades of his various weapons before finally feeling ready for the night ahead.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

The trip through the streets should have been simple but with the constant movement of soldiers and sailors alike it proved to be rather tense. After seeing the prowess of the gnomish archers Rovard was disappointed that they would not be joining them, someone to shoot at the guards on the top of the tower would have been rather helpful. Other than one slip up the trip went smoothly and as they finally arrived to see the situation before them Rovard froze and all of his plans went right out of his thoughts and into the abyss he currently cursed. Undead? How in the frozen hells did the dwarves not know about this? That worthless piece of...

Rovard withdrew his dagger and wiped the soot from the tip before cleaning a small portion of his palm and lightly pricking it. He then rifled through his pack for a few seconds until he had found a bit of the dehydrated meat that served for the protein in his trail rations. When he had wiped his fresh blood over as much of the meat as he could muster he wrapped a small black cloth around his hand and looked toward the group.

"Tell your King he owes us more than just the test. Thrice damned undead and he doesn't even... you know what that doesn't help anyone right now. Everyone take one of these." The half-orc grabbed five flasks of oil from his pack and placed them on the ground in front of him. "If one of you magic folks can produce some fire that would be much appreciated as otherwise it will just be the good old fashioned way and there aren't a lot of ways of not having that be given away early. I chuck this meat at the sentries, hopefully getting the undead to go to the smell of fresh blood and meat. Not really sure how they detect things but seems reasonable right? Once they start making their way toward the guards who are probably gonna be a bit confused everyone toss those bottles of oil at them and somebody else light them up, whether it be magic or not, then while all that commotion is going on we either go around and get in through the back or we risk the flames and try to boot in the front door. Figure everyone will come running round to see whats going on so the back should be completely open until they start figuring out whats going on and get organized. By that time hopefully we will already have the dwarves with us and I got plenty of javelins to spare, they work well enough as a spear in a close quarters fight. Anyone got a better plan that doesn't involve burning men alive?"


ooc
Dice initiative:
1d20+1 (17)+1 Total = 18
__________________
Work has returned to normal as has posting.

Last edited by MundayKnight; 08-29-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-30-2018, 12:35 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2018
RPXP: 4552
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 3,858
Tsarra Rhothomir
EarlierTsarra grins at the Doctor's offer, "Well, as much as you all share your distrust, you certainly do know how to offer some hospitality." Tsarra eats some of the bread and decides to continue the conversation with the Doctor and his gnomes. The rum is tempting, but she forgoes it. Better to be sober for the upcoming mission.

Tsarra holds a decent conversation, and even manages to play a few games of cards, though she does end up losing some of her money. It was probably worth it for the rapport, though, so she doesn't mind. After a few hours of rest, she is ready to join the others in their mission...
left-aligned image



Tsarra nods in agreement with Rovard's plan. Tsarra had her own misgivings about Rovard, but she could appreciate the horc's sense of initiative and adaptation to the flow of events.

"I can probably shoot a burning arrow that far, if no one else can light it with magic." She pauses, considering, "I think we should be less concerned about the skeletons themselves and more concerned about why they're here. But let's try and get inside first. I'd say it would be better to try the backdoor."

OOC
Dice Initiative:
1d20+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
__________________

Last edited by dalarangreen; 08-30-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-31-2018, 10:03 AM
Thanatus Mors's Avatar
Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors is offline
D&D Class - '81 (1E,v3.0)
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 1812
Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors
Posts: 3,084
Anseis groans almost imperceptibly. "Undead...I hate the undead. But I hate the necromancers that rob these decent souls of their eternal rest infinitely more." He takes the flask and takes its contents down his gullet in a single throw, and steels his resolve for the coming fracas.
Initiative
Dice Roll:
d20+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
__________________
The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that.

The house I plan on building in anticipation of the imminent Zombie Apocalypse.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Jennifer's Avatar
Jennifer Jennifer is offline
Queen of Mischief
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 1706
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Posts: 2,648
Simple map. Like, super simple map...(I suck at art. Unless you want heart shapes, I can do those really well...and left eyes (not right eyes, only left side eyes...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rudimentary_Map.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	77703  
__________________
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Temptrack Temptrack is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 1670
Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack
Posts: 1,300
Casimir LetiferusA guide was a good idea and if what the dwarfen king had said about having no people was true at all, the gesture showed even more goodwill. Or desperation. Nevertheless there was still time until they had to set out, so Casimir happily took from the bread Kodruli offered, before looking for a space on the side, where he could polish his shield with the emblem of Thanatos and sharpen his sword. He would need both tonight.


- a few hours later -


Making their way through the back alleys of the city, there was one moment, where their plan nearly went wrong, when Rimi stumbled and alerted some soldiers. But the four gnomes shadowing the group did their job well and the conflict was solved before it had even begun. In his mind the paladin went through what little of a plan the group had agreed upon. Arrive unseen at the tower, overwhelm the guards there and improvise from there. He had been on missions with more tactical possibilities, but right now, time was a priority and while it maybe wasn't the most aesthetic approach, it should work if executed properly.

Casimir hadn't even finished the thought, when the group spotted what seemed to be a group of undead walking. Maybe this was the first sign of the Goddess. This thought made grit his teeth while Rovard started to approach the problem by distributing flasks of oil. They had to take care of the undead, but not in exchange for their undetected approach.

"They are most likely some form of alarm system by making noise if they are stumbling upon something. Just let them pass by and we'll deal with them on our way back. And as soon as we light those", Casimir points to the oil flasks, "the unseen approach to the tower is gone and our plan gets even more difficult. Let's stay still until they are gone and then move to the tower avoiding the search light they apparently have."

He looked at their guide, similarly anoid as the half-orc was. "Your people never encountered these on your reconnaissance missions?"

 
__________________
- taken the Oath of Sangus -
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-07-2018, 08:24 AM
Jennifer's Avatar
Jennifer Jennifer is offline
Queen of Mischief
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 1706
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Posts: 2,648
In the twilight hours...The wind starts to pickup from the southwest, carrying with it an almost sweet smelling, burning sage scent that is both alluring and repugnant at the same time. Major was just starting to crest over the horizon and bring some light on the field, not much, and the shadow of the tower helped to conceal the team, but it was clear that both of the suns, Major and Minor, would be up within the hour.

The team patiently waited for the undead to make their circuit and get closer to the guards again before throwing the blood laced meat towards the guards in an attempt to lure the undead. Immediately after 4 of the 5 oil flasks are thrown and shatter upon the guards and undead (the fifth lands without breaking, darn craftsmanship). Tsarra (round 3 of surprise), launches an arrow at the oil to light it on fire as the guards call the alarm into the tower for aid.


Status
Casimir100%
Anseis100%
Tsarra100%
Rovard100%
Jared100%
Rimi (NPC)100%
Dwarf Zombie 150%
Dwarf Zombie 225%
Dwarf Zombie 325%
Dwarf Zombie 450%
Guard 195%
Guard 295%
__________________
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-09-2018, 10:59 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2018
RPXP: 4552
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 3,858
Tsarra Rhothomir
left-aligned image

"Part one a success... Now to see if we can sneak through the gates while they are still attending to the commotion outside."

Tsarra observes the commotion waiting for the next opportunity to present itself. She was a ways from the burning undead... If everyone's attention was focused on the fire, perhaps they wouldn't notice Tsarra's next shot. Or maybe they could just sneak past them first. In either case, Tsarra was ready to rumble!


OOCNot sure the exact situation here. I put a couple rolls here depending on the situation:

 


 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Thanatus Mors's Avatar
Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors is offline
D&D Class - '81 (1E,v3.0)
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 1812
Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors Thanatus Mors
Posts: 3,084
As the oil takes light, and their targets become part of the resultant conflagration, Anseis allows the slightest of grins to creep out from the dark corners of his mouth. Just as quickly as it came on, however, it recedes back into his normally stoic expression. "Part one is indeed a success; and well shot my friend. As for sneaking," Anseis raps his knuckles lightly on his shield, "I'm not sure that's really my forte. But the game is afoot in any case, and I'll happily skull about, or charge as you lot see fit."

COA 1 & COA 2
 


 
__________________
The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that.

The house I plan on building in anticipation of the imminent Zombie Apocalypse.

Last edited by Thanatus Mors; 09-15-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Temptrack Temptrack is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2018
RPXP: 1670
Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack Temptrack
Posts: 1,300
Casimir Letiferus"I know exactly how you feel. This armor has blown its fair share of ambushes. But maybe they are occupied with the flaming zombie horde. Let's try the silent approach, that way, if they notice us, we don't have to run as far." A grin began to crawl across Casimir's face. This was his terrain. The battlefield. Even if those guards didn't know it yet. actually too soon. Disadvantage lost me a nat 20, so Casimir's stealth check is a 2They would know soon. Their target was the gate. There they could launch their surprise attack.

 
__________________
- taken the Oath of Sangus -
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB