RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > To the Callhill > Darkness in Thay
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 05:30 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6434
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Gern the Learned
right-aligned image
Gern frowned a bit when none of the primes spoke up. The Githezerai children know the entire Song of Zerthimon! He was perpetually amazed at what these folk didn't know about themselves. True, the people of Kara-Tur and the Wu Jen himself had much more in common with the Githzerai, including knowledge of where they have been. The magical scholar moved forward on spindly feet and made a small bow. His wispy hair flicked forward an was nearly lit aflame by the ash in the air.

"Lady Volkov. In Julik's History of Rashamen, she was a beloved ruler of Mulsantir." The words of the historical text flowed into the disciplined mind of Gern and his eyes stared at the ground. "She was favored by the Iron King. The Wychlaran advised Lady Volkov." Gern stopped there for a moment, collecting his thoughts. The next bit will implicate the Witches. I trust these primes very little.

"And that is all." He would save the last bit for himself. Speaking to the primes was a trial at times. The less the better he had found.

Initiate Gern's Stat Block

Last edited by Bluejack; 09-11-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Em Dash Abuser

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3950
Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep
Agency
left-aligned image
Agency laughs as the girl compliments his horns. "Yeah, you like those? Not a lot of folk do, think theyíre too scary or something. But if you want to see some really cool horns, you should see my wifeís, they actually wrap around... her..." His gestures fall still, his words falter, as he recalls the woman he left behind, once again loathing himself for his actions. He really should return soon, to say something, anything, to apologize, if nothing else; but every single day that passes makes it seem like an increasingly terrifying prospect.

The words of Brother Gaedyn largely pass over his ears while he talks to the youth, for she seems to have little interest in the rumors of an old, unfamiliar town. The same can be said of Agency, for that matter, for his attention is drawn toward the new arrival. The word Gith comes to mind, though he's not certain as to why; but he recalls something he overheard once about a race of planar travelers, or something to that effect. Could this be one of those?

"Well, maybe youíll meet her one day, anyhow," he continues, vaguely and half-distracted, now wishing he hadnít brought up Nelaia. But this wasnít the reason heíd wanted to talk to Kamala, and he should probably get to the point, so he switches topics with a complete lack of elegance. "So uh, hey, I donít mean to separate you from your friend, uh, Ivory, but he wants to keep you safe while we go stop the bad things like what attacked us at the church. So you're going to stay with my friend, Mister Freoc, for a little while. He was, well, he was like you." The tiefling rubs the back of his neck; words arenít particularly his strong suit, and everything feels awkward to say. "Uhm, anyway, heís a good guy, so you shouldnít worry."

"And actually, I, er..." Goodness, why was talking to children so difficult? "I was like you too, you know, once. Anyway ó and I donít fault your friend for not knowing this ó but thereís a bit of a tradition, right. Once somebody gets out, they get a haircut. Makes you feel like a new person, you know? So Iíll do that for you before we set out, if you want, I have my supplies with me. I used to be a barber, you see?" Agency pulls back the hood of his cloak, revealing a head of thin, but shortly cropped and neatly shaped, black hair. "I can still do myself even, and, well, that ain't an easy thing to do even without big olí horns in the way."
Old 09-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2889
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
A Bit of Knowledge
left-aligned image

Valinor looks and listens as the others speak, an ever so slight frown appearing on his face for only a moment when Agent talks about his wife, then it was like the frown was never there to begin with. A smile back on his face, and smoke rings puffing out as they travel. Valinor does nod to the priest as they go on, "I do know a bit about this woman, The Scarlet Witch came down with a vengeance on Mulsantir castle and wiped it out, only a lone Rashami Witch survived the attack. Her methods were said to be.... somewhat uncivilized. Otherwise, I know very little about it."

When the Gith arrives, Valinor will frown and watch him rather carefully before asking gently; "Ahhh, a new potential ally and planar traveller... How goes your journey here? Pleasant I hope, I fear hospitality will be in short supply here, this land is haunted by the dead, not even the churches are safe."

As they continue onward, Valinor and Zera will move to walk beside Caistina and he casually blows another smoke ring before posing his question in Draconic; "What is such a lovely specimen such as yourself doing in a place like this, practicing your particular magical focus? You don't really seem like the type to consort with that particular field."

OOC

Pre-fight: Mage Armor

Last edited by Unforgiven; 09-12-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1800
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Agzi Vahal
right-aligned image
When the old priest began telling legends of Mulsantir, Agzi's interest perked up. One of the only truly enjoyable things about her life as a gladiator had been hearing stories from all over the world. Sure, most of them were complete garbage, but they were fascinating.

"This Crying Man...he's dead? Or undead, whatever. And he's their lord?" It was hard to wrap her head around. This part of the world was stranger than strange. The new arrival, the odd-looking Elf, seemed to have a sage's knowledge of their mission...all facts and figures. Important stuff, she assumed, but not very interesting.

Agzi hated to speak up, because it could show how uneducated she was, but she wanted to hear the priest say more. "How did a ghost become the lord of Mulsantir? Or, I guess, how did he stay the lord after he...died?"

OOC

Last edited by Berith; 09-12-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Custom user title here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2918
Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin
Xenith Greyshield
right-aligned image

The group was still gathering up things that may be useful for the journey to the crying man. That is until Brother Gaedyn questioned them on the history of the crying man and more importantly the Lady Volkov. All that was set aside when Xenith realized they were joined by someone that was not part of the fight. "Have you been here the whole time?" Xenith asked puzzled. "Anyway I am Xenith a champion of The Three. I hope you are here to help with the crying man." Surprising to Xenith was the new companion started to recite some of the history of what Brother Gaedyn was asking about. Xenith is not known for an excellent memory, but knew a bit about some important things was grateful for the insight from the new friend.

Stat Block

Old 09-14-2018, 09:01 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6434
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Gern the Githzerai
right-aligned image

When the one prime spoke to him , and in a kind voice, Gern was a bit taken aback: "Ahhh, a new potential ally and planar traveller... How goes your journey here? Pleasant I hope, I fear hospitality will be in short supply here, this land is haunted by the dead, not even the churches are safe."

"The people of Shou Lung show discipline, culture, and grace...for primes." The githzerai replied in clipped common. While he was fluent, the common tongue was rough and lacked beauty compared to the people of Kara-Tur. Gern placed his palms together over his chest and gave a short bow per the customs of Shou Lung. Gern had spent long enough among the primes to tell them apart, and this man had the look of Mystra about him as well. "Whether the people of this realm shows any hospitality remains to be seen, but like you I don't hold out hope."

Gern took out his journal and one charcoal stylus. He began to take notes. "We should collect our knowledge. There is much to learn here."

OOCThere is a lot of info here.

Initiate Gern's Stat Block

Old 09-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2889
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
A Bit of Knowledge
left-aligned image

Valinor looks a bit surprised at the courtesy of the planar traveler and responds with a flourishing bow in kind, taking his pipe out of his mouth to give the bow a sweeping arm motion before speaking in his very diplomatic voice; "Why, my apologies, I fear I did not introduce myself properly. I am Valinor Haelgen, evoker for House Haelgen. I will be your long range Precision war wizard for the duration of your stay here. This," He motions to his armored compatriot, "Is Zera. She is part of a mercenary group I used to serve with, and an old friend I hired on to accompany me on my journeys. She cannot speak." Zera nods to the Gith and briefly holds a hand up in greeting.

Valinor ponders a moment, pulling his pipe back to his mouth, and creating a small flame on the end of his thumb to light the pipe once more. After a few puffs and a smoke ring inside of a smoke ring, he continues to meander forward with the rest of the group, with Zera always matching his pace and watching his back.

OOC

Pre-fight: Mage Armor

Old 09-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Custom user title here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2918
Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin
Xenith Greyshield
right-aligned image

Not wanting to let on that he knows more about the Day of Sorrow, Xenith continued to listen to the others. That is until Valinor came over. With a roll of his eyes, and an expressive look at Gern, Xenith hopes to convey the idea that maybe Valinor is not to be trusted.
"Alright. Are we ready to move on? We are losing valuable day light." Xenith stood back from Gern and began to eat some jerky he bought from a local shop.

Stat Block

Old 09-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Descendant of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5817
Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon
Caistina Nai'lo
right-aligned image

Caistina listened to the group gossip as she regarded the newcomer. With the help of her wand, she could see the magical aura's of everyone present. There was much magic present, but by the threads of the weave thrumming with power, there was little unusual about what she saw. There was no one merely mundane present, but there was also nothing unexpected. There were items of power connected to Mother Mystra's weave, and other divine entities, but there was nothing of note. She was a bit impressed by what she saw, though, and it gave her a sense of respect for some of those present.

Caistina released her connection with her magical wand, and put it away. Little learned from it, sadly. She had hoped to uncover some sort of secret, but everyone were as they appeared to be. Her mind went from a mystery before her eyes, to the odd gossip being discussed. Unlike these people, she had spent considerable time in Thay. Even as an outside, she had heard some of the gossip from the nations very elites. While many lived on the trade and consumption of magic, there were others that lived off of gossip, important and trivial, true and make-belief. Hearing the little being shared, it brought to mind some very juicy tidbits.

Caistina went to speak, but she broke in another coughing fit. Her throat felt raw, her chest burned, but she was alive. Unwell, clearly, but alive. Once her coughing fit was over, in a raw voice, she told the gossipers; "The Rashamani witches were an odd bunch. As much as they claimed to hate Thayans, and other outsiders, they really could not keep to themselves. There was always something or other keeping the primitive witches in the middle of foreign affairs. One said witch cast a love spell on Lord Demetri, a spell born of the Goddess of Magic and the Goddess of Love. The spell changed the poor man's very life, and not for the better, it seems. Some have said that he had left of his own accord, but the general consensus amongst the noble cast was that the spell compelled him to act out of character to the extremes. Take these rumors with a grain of salt, obviously." She finished, and fell into another, softer coughing fit.

Stat Block

I have Sworn the oath of Sangus!