Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > City Watch
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 706
Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior
"Maybe one domesticated rat won't be so bad..." Liliyanna commented as she sat down on the edge of her bed.

"And how wonderful is it, to finally become what you always dreamed of doing while playing as a child?" she then added to the gremlin-like thing, obviously not catching his sarcasm.

"But why did I decide to join the Guard...?" she then repeated Adam's question. "I... suppose this is going to sound silly, but... my father as very overprotective of me. I was never to leave the house under any circumstances. I know he only did it because he loves me, but... after twenty years of never going outside, one starts to wonder..."

One would think that she was pausing to resume her sentence, but she actually began SINGING to the others. In a very sweet, melodious voice, but still, singing?!

Was that home?
Was that where I would learn to be happy?
Never dreamed
That a home could be dark and cold
I have read
Ev'ry day in my childhood:
Even when you grow old
Home should be where the heart is
Never where words so true!
My heart was...
Far away...
Home was too..

Was that home?
Was that what I would learn to believe in
Try to find
Something good in that tragic place
Just in case
Would I stay there forever
Held in that empty place?
Oh, but that wasn’t easy
I know the reason why
My heart was...
Far away...
Home alike...

Was that home?
Was I there for a day or forever?
Shut away
From the world until who knows when
Oh, but then
As my life had been altered once
It could change again
Build higher walls around me!
Change ev'ry lock and key!
Nothing lasts, nothing holds
All of me!

My heart was...
far away...
Home... and... free...

By the time she was done her little song, she was actually standing on top of her bed, so she sat back down at this point. "So I... ran away. Because I wanted to actually have friends. And a life."
Dice Perform check:
1d20+9 (9)+9 Total = 18

LegaleseSong is 'Home' from the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast. Don't own any of that, so copyright goes to whoever owns them. I just changed the original song's present tense to past tense so it actually made sense in this situation.
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1735
Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch
Jimmy, who had looked slightly crestfallen and bewildered at the lack of enthusiasm on behalf of his new comrades, and having had to endure the usual "Told you so." from Quorky, let the sheet of paper fall onto his bed when he heard Liliyana sing. He was leaning against his bed, mouth and eyes wide open, staring at her.

When she stopped, he clapped enthusiastically and exclaimed, sincerely excited:

"That was beautiful! Really! And you've got an amazing voice! I bet that if you sang for a just cause, you would have this whole city supporting you! And what your father did was dreadful, I've said it time and again, its the old patriarchical structures that permeate this whole society, and if more people would act as self-determined as you did, and did what they felt was right, we would have the revolution come and gone by next week!"
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 327
Ockerdoodle Ockerdoodle Ockerdoodle Ockerdoodle
Lumperious, now sitting on his bunk, claps furiously at the conclusion of Liliyanna's song.

"My GOODNESS, what an excellent voice you have! I haven't heard anything quite like it I believe!"

He moves from his bunk and looks at Adam, who for some reason had wanted to know his reasons for joining the guard.

"To address your question, young man, I joined the Watch because I believe that we all need help now and then. Some people are best suited to help others by giving, some by leading and inspiring, and still others, " he smiles slightly, "by raining vengeance on those who deserve it and protection on those who need it most." As he says this, his grin widens until it seemingly takes up his whole face, and a manic gleam can be seen in his eyes. He holds out both hands and, with a quick movement of his fingers and the slightest whisper, a flame appears in his right palm. He delicately juggles the ball of fire in the air between his two hands and then, catching it deftly in his left palm, he claps his hands together. The flame disappears, and he walks back to his bed and sits down.
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Anarchic Actuary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2744
chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant
Amadeus stared at Liliyanna, his mouth open and his eye's wide with confused incomprehension. As the song ended they narrowed, and he slowly eyed her up and down.
"Lusen, sweetchecks, uh yu sure yur un t' right buldin'? 'Cause thus us t' Wutch Huse, un' wu'r ull junned t' wutch, un' yu seem tu be sum sort uh sunger. Nut thut uh mind huv'n yu around un' ull, un Putch knows uh left t' nest soon us uh culd cruwl, bu' wunn't yu b' butter off un a tavun? Or a ruch guys house? Or a cunservutry whur they keep singus, or summ'ut?"

Last edited by chaosaccountant; Feb 24th, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
Allistair Allistair Allistair
Old Man's Narration"and so the unlikelyest of unlikely... ah... err... group or gang or maybe even squad..."The old man trails off into contemplation for a moment. "No. I think companions sounds pretty good." He nods his head in agreement with himself and then coughs lightly. "and so the unlikelyest of unlikely companions sat about in the bunkroom of the City Watch pretty much without a clue what to do, where to go or anything else really..."

In The StoryThe door to the bunkroom opens and the scruffy halfling enters with a grin on his face. "Now now, how are youse all settling in? Alright then looks all righty and stuff to me." He proceeds to puff up his chest before continuing. "I am Sergeant Finnias Snob, but everyone around here just calls me Finnias, xcept my wife whos always callin me "that lazy good for nothin' bum who leaves the house sumtimes." He shakes his head. "Anyway the Cap'n was kind enuff to put me in charge of you lot. So here's how fings are gunna werk. Tonight at around about sundown, we will be heading off out on patrol. We will do this every night, xcept on sundeys when there's half price pints down at the Flaming Geese. We get paid every week, not sure if youse know but we get paid a nice sum to keep this place crime free. Can't say we always do though. When youse aren't on duty you'll most likely be like the rest of us who don't care what happens so longs as all the taverns arent burnt down. So anyways ... Any Questions?

Nothing, but I am DM'ing The Maze!

Last edited by Allistair; Jun 12th, 2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1735
Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch
OOCPardon me if this is not completely in characte yet. I need a bit more time rereading some pratchett stuff to get the tone right.

Jimmy raised his hand gingerly, a bit shy now that things started to actually get going. "Aeh, are we all going together; or in pairs? What happens usually? If it's going to be dangerous, I want to go with Sil, to protect her!"

Quorky chose that very moment to interrupt Jimmy's train of thought again with a typical Yeah...right...

Jimmy's pale face started to change colour, a shining red spreading over his face from his cheeks.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Anarchic Actuary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2744
chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant
The little gremlin picked his nose thoughtfully and looked around the room. "Wull 'f wur pick'n' partnurs, uh'm torn butwun sweetcheeks o'er thur un' thut bug guy, un uccount uh hur be'n' t' most dustractin' un' 'im be'n' t' buggest. 'Curs' thut mught chunge once uh've gut tu know yu ul'. Bu gud tu be purtnuring wuth som'un whut's gut t' sume upproach tu cuppin' us meh."
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11461
copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt
Sitting on the edge of her bed, Sil scratches the sole of one overly large, dirty, bare foot with the great toe of the other. I don't know that we have to be so hasty as to split up into pairs just yet. Maybe we can get a feel for this job as a group, then think about splitting up. Sil shoots a wink in Jimmy's direction. That said, if we do end up in pairs, I think we'd make a splendid team. True the young mage isn't much to look at, but he is far better than a gremlin and it's pet rat.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 706
Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior Tarot Warrior
"Oh, I really do wish we wouldn't split up just yet!" Liliyanna seemed to bemoan at the others, looking up from the intricate folding of her bed sheets she was doing. "I was really hoping we could all get aquatinted with each other as a group before we started picking favorites..."