twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
sykosarrade
"Less early celebrating and a little more help please. This man has a serious concussion and has fallen under, if we cannot ruse him soon he may still die." I look around in a slight panic not sure of what to do. I just begin to pour water on him and hope for the best.

At the same time I look up at Marcus and Gerren. "I need to say goodbye to my family, I know not if you have family here Marcus but you are welcome to meet mine. I am sure my mother will want to know the man who will most likely have to save my skin."

I take a moment to look down and see if the water has affected him at all, if he has woken I will grab one of these other workers and task him to keep him awake.

After that is done I will stand and approach Marcus,

"I am sure there will be a good meal in it for you as well. Provided that Gerren will allow us to go. What say you Gerren, you dont seem to keen on our assignment, I am sure there is someone that you want to see before we depart."

"Relstome, you have quite the gift of words. I need a favor. Come here." I bring Relstome in quite close and talk with him. "I need you to convince Gerren that this is a good idea, Felhammer will not hear our requests simply for who we are, he might listen to Gerren. But Gerren needs a little push in the right direction. Ill ensure a plate of food for you at my home should this work. Now get to work, quickly."

A few seconds later I here from behind me from one of the random men
"Iratus, the bloke came too! Ill stay with him and ensure he does not go under again."

I look over my shoulder quickly and see the man walking off with some assistance. A look of relief washes over my face as I turn to Marcus

"Dinner?"

Last edited by sykosarrade; Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nat twenty4life
"Bwahaha. It would seem Fellhammer has a good taste for help!" I turn to Iratus with a grin. "Fine work lad, it would seem our labors have caught the eye of someone higher. I vote for a fine meal to celebrate such news. Great Zeus's taint, I'm famished! So what say you lad?" I await his response. Once hearing it, I turn one final time to Gerren, wiping the sweat from my brow. "Gerren! How much time until this date with the men of the watch? I am not one to be late, but I will be more irritable then a prodded ogre without a good meal in me". I await his response, after hearing it I then stroll over to our coworkers. "Poshtin! Congratulations to you on your promotion. A better man they could not of chosen. Do not let the position go to your head though, remember where it is you come from". I take a few steps closer to the man, and lean down to meet his eye with a more serious face. "Because if I hear otherwise on my travels, trust I will return to set things back in order". I wait a few seconds for a glimmer of fear in the man's eye. After a few seconds pass I can hold it in no longer. "Bwahaha I only kid lad!" I gently slap the man on the arm. "Haha oh a finer supervisor there is not, you will do fine. Good luck to you, and to all of you!" I say while turning my head. I think to myself that these are good men, they will be sorely missed.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nat twenty4life
"No lad, a family I do not have". A more serious face then the others have seen so far washes over me. My fists begin to clench as I can feel my heart begin to race. I quickly calm myself, now is not the time. "I would love to lad, lead the way".
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21
rimsey777
Trudging along in boots with the inevitable pockets of sand, and grimy feet the now local heroes Iratus, Marcus, and Relstome thought it was time for a last good meal.
Winding their way through sand choked streets the group soon found what they had set out for. The first hints of proximity were the smells of cooking, and soon the noise of babbling fountains, people, and animals.
Ahhhh, there it was, home.
Here, near the three fountains from which the life giving waters flowed, resided the bulk of the city. The nexus for all activity and family, constantly bustling with people, and the occasional children. Impromptu houses were built from the wreckage of store fronts pieced together with clay bricks freshly laid to rebuild what walls were left. Amongst abandoned ruins the small children played with sand, or scavenged for small trinkets of an age long past, the occasional fork or cup being a prize for each.
The Elders who were no longer fit to work turned into watchers and raisers of children, each sitting outside, a child nearby who would ask questions and learn what knowledge could be passed down. Soon provided guidance, others, stern discipline to unruly runts. Some of the other children who were large enough to behave but not large enough for proper hard labor took turns watching the animals scattered around the houses.
Occasional goats, chickens, cats, and even a few sheep wandered the empty streets during the day, always under the watchful gaze of maturing teenagers
The day was still young and the farmers had stopped for a brief lunch, each returning home to complete some small task and ensure everything was in order for dinner.

In an alcove created by a larger building partially collapsed on itself sat the remains of what might have been a bakers shop, but now it was the home of Iratus's family. Affectionately called the "Bread house" constant streams of smoke lazily exited the chimney along with the smell of cooking breads. The outside facade had been painted a dusky red color over a period of two years using some of the local sea shells ground into a paste. While not very effective at being spread, it certainly had staying power as was evidenced by the lack of chipping.
Inside the sounds of cooking could be heard. But the wafting smells took precedence to the trio.
Faintly heard and carried by a breeze Reshna could be heard cracking eggs.
"Seth, honey, I need you to get mommy some more eggs for this. Could you go do that for me?"
Seth, the youngest and only brother of Iratus spoke, "Yes'em"
Trudging closer the trio saw a small boy about the age of five jog out the door and down the street towards one of the sitting elders. His gait was pronounced on one side as he had injured his right leg last summer, it hadn't quite healed right but he was still able to move on his own. Turning to his right, he noticed his brother had returned far earlier than normal.
"Ira! Why aren't you digging, and who are they?"
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
sykosarrade
"SETH!!! Hey little man, what are you out doin!....gettin mom some eggs? well go snatch some eggs up for mom and we will see you inside ok!"

"Relstome, Marcus, I am going to ask that you wait here for one moment while I step in and give my mother the news that she will be entertaining guests."

I go inside and quickly tell my mother that there are two more men here to have dinner with us for the day. I go back outside and bring Relstome and Marcus inside.

"Mother, I do believe you know Relstome already. This boulder of a man is someone I have just met today. His name is Marcus. Marcus, this is my mother. Colleen"

I quickly gather whatever we do have for seats and bring them together,

"Mother is there anything we can do to help this along. I am not sure how long we have before people come to seek us out. And i am not sure of this assignment. It very well may be the last time I am home for some time. I did not have the heart to tell Seth this right now. I will leave that to you."

I am clearly very sad to be leaving my family. The look Gerren made is running on a loop inside my mind, could this really be that bad. I am a storm inside my own head. But I know I must be strong, in this place and this time I cannot afford to be weak. I try my best not to be visibly shaken by all that is on my mind. I am not so well known for being strong, in more ways than one. I hope spending some time with Marcus will help me gain a steely resolve.

"Hey mom, have we got any wine?"

Last edited by sykosarrade; Sep 17th, 2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
sykosarrade
"Marcus, please tell me more about you. You are a man of impressive stature but I want to know more than just that. Tell me a tale that puts my blood in a boil. What makes you tick my new friend?"

"Is there anything that I can do or avoid doing when I am around you? I would like to know now so that I dont annoy someone who is "more irritable than a prodded ogre"

I let out a slight chuckle.

"You my new friend, are very interesting!"
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nat twenty4life
Not being used to such hospitality, I'm caught off guard. My usual jolly demeanor has turned to quiet and collected. Not without manners though I introduce myself when presented to the lady of the house. "Mam, it is a pleasure. A fine son you have raised, I look forward to our travels together. If there is any assistance needed with the meal, I'm more then willing to help". I accept the offered seat and rest my sore back. I find myself filled with sadness seeing Iratus's family. I think back to happier days with my own kin and memories begin to pour like a fountain through my head. This is abruptly cut short by Iratus's question. "Hahaha fear not friend. You are a good man, you will receive nothing but honest friendship from me. And a tale you say?" I think for a moment. These men need to know if they plan on traveling with me I decide. "Well lad I could spin tales of humorous bar fights, scuffles with foul beasts and the like. Though if we are to travel together there is something you must know. I once had a family similar to your own. They were my life, and like all good things in life, they were taken from me. Slain like cattle by a foul beast, and when presented with the opportunity to stop it I faltered. I failed my family due in part to my own fear, and now I walk this worlds roads alone because of my cowardice. I should of died that day, not they. And as far as I'm concerned a part of me is still dead. I now have but one purpose in life, to atone for my past sins. I seek out what challenges or beasts I can, and pray for a glorious death. I will never again shy away from some frightful creature, I shall simply stare into the eyes of fear itself and seek out which of us fate has chosen that day to live. If it is me, then one less foul heathen walks this earth. And that is something I can live with. But if it is me that falls, if I have given my all and I find my end, then my ultimate goal has been achieved. I have honored my family, and I can finally make the eternal trip I should have made years ago. Heed these words friends, I will not hesitate in these goals, nor will I falter. Should this prove to be too hazardous to maintain company with me, I understand. I do not expect you to share my beliefs". I gauge their reactions. It needed to be said at some point, I do not wish to put these men's lives in unecessary danger. "However know this as well. I am an excellent judge of character. And both of you have been good friends to me. I will do everything in my power to keep you out of harms way. You have my word, and a liar I am not. I have no qualms with giving my life for the life of a good man's". I pat them both on the shoulder. "For now though, let us enjoy this meal. I cannot think of a better way to enjoy the night. "Relmstone, what do you know of this quest presented to us? Shrouded in mystery it is, and this rubs a blunt man like myself the wrong way". I eye Iratus with a childish grin "So I remember a promise of wine friend....."

Last edited by nat twenty4life; Sep 22nd, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21
rimsey777
Colleen had seen the group enter her small kitchen and wondered to herself.
"Where am I going to get the food to feed these people?"
Shaking her head in disbelief at the sheer volume of her sons new friend, she turned to her husband, Reshna.
Reshna was also mesmerized by Marcus. Thinking it rude suddenly, he decided to tear his eyes to Relstome. His smaller stature a stark contrast.
"So, Relstome. What are you doing with my son and his friend?"
"Sir, I am just a sort of messenger of news... possibly bad. But it seems that Fellhammers lieutenants wish the four of us, well, the three of us and the recent task master of these two for some kind of mission."
Reshna meekly nodded, all the while Colleen started to prep the kitchen and dinner table for a few more mouths.

:Two hours later:

A mighty meal finished by men who would think themselves so.
The time had come for the news to be laid bare. And so with Seth engaged outside in simple chores the adults proceeded to listen to Relstomes tale. With each turn of the tale both of the parents nodded in understanding, occasionally with an interruption to ask questions. Eventually he explained how he had come to deliver the message, what its contents were, and the ensuing fiasco with the sand pile.
"and thats what happen. So, we must leave shortly, and I already fear we might have taken liberties with what time we do have..." Relstome seemed conscious now of exactly how much time had passed.
Reshna spoke, "Marcus, Iratus, Relstome. You know you are all welcome here in my home, but I need you to know, I am at the very least skeptical of what they intend to do with you. I've heard rumors of what they've tasked the others with. Strange things to say the least. I only hope you will be safe."
Colleen looked over to Rashen and then to Iratus.
Leaning close, Colleen whispered something into Rashens ear.
He nods.
"Iratus, your mother and I both agree. You should have your inheritance a little earlier, if only because it might be dangerous were you are going."
Relstome looks at Iratus and shrugs.
Holding up his right Reshen tugs at the solid silver ring on his middle finger. It sticks initially almost reluctant to go, but finally it gives. Handing it across the table to Iratus with a deliberate air of reverence he says, "This was my fathers ring, and his fathers ring, and his great grandfathers. I want you to take it. Its supposed to keep evil at bay. And I want you to have it."
The room quieted a bit as all eyes turned to Iratus for his answer.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
sykosarrade
I try to hold a neutral expression on my face but this is far beyond anything I could have expected.

"Father, I have coveted this item for longer than I can remember. I cannot promise my safe return but I can promise you this. Should I somehow see my end...this ring will find its way back to our house. I will cut my hand from my body and hide the whole thing if needed. This ring will not fall into the hands of those that would do us harm."

Clearly shocked and attempting to show no further weakness in front of my large new friend. I do my best to sound confident in the face of the unkown. "Marcus, I ask that you promise to return this item should I be unable to do so myself. Do this for me and I will do my best to ensure with every fiber of my soul that I shall help you avenge the death of your family. When our task is done; what do you say we go on a hunt together. Sound like a fair trade?"
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nat twenty4life
It seems trivial to me, such a small trinket. Though it is not my place to question. Be it a ring or demented cattle, if it is important to Iratus then it shall hold no less value to me. Realizing the seriousness of the situation, I look at Iratus. "Friend should you fall I will protect that ring as if it were my own son. Though you need not worry about that". I look to Colleen "And you ms, you need not worry as well. I will fall before a scratch is layed on your son. So Iratus, no trade is required. Should you need assistance on any important matter such as this in the future, all you need do is ask. Though I will take you up on that offer of hunting, I must say this city life is a bit dull for my tastes! What say we prepare for our trip? I thirst for some adventure". I feel my heart begin to race, the thought of facing the unknown outside these city gates had given me an appetite far greater then any promised meal could provide. I only hoped Iratus knew what he was getting into. I did not seek to avenge my family. That time had long passed. To finally meet my match in combat and be with my kin for good. My palms began to sweat in anticipation. Soon Marcus, soon enough I thought.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
sykosarrade
I gather my nerves the best I can as I look to my father and mother for what may be the last time. I put the ring in my pocket and look to Marcus.

"Let us go foward. Let us face the unkown. Together we three shall conquer any obstacle. Together; we will survive."

I give my father and mother one last hug and leave.

I fight the urge to look back.

Inner dialogue
*There may be no coming back, therefore there is nothing to look back at. If i want to live I must fully submerse myself in simply surviving......****.....*