Old Mar 30th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Corpulent Cleric

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 961
Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthage View Post
Soooooo... this game would appear to have stuttered slightly...
Yea... Hope to get back to it soon.
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 08:45 AM
<--- That says it all...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7010
stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco
I'm hoping it's nothing serious with Atalla and just that's he's gotten busy lately.
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 03:02 AM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15243
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Dear Everyone,

I've become simply overwhelmed. Since I've been on this site I constantly see people write about how people taking breaks should say so, but this is the first time I've had to even come here, so exhausted I've been. I work, I do my school work, I struggle against existence, and to me it seems like no time at all has gone by since I last posted - that's how busy I have been. But it appears it has been a while, judging by the angry posts in my mailbox.

Well, I certainly didn't plan on this happening, but we're understaffed at work and stressed at home, so it seems overdue to say that I'll be taking an extended break from the site. I don't know when things will clear up - it could be a month or it could be a year. My apologies to all, but I can't sustain the time it takes to manage what I have. Hopefully things will clear up a bit, so I can at least return to my DMing duties - I prefer being the storyteller to character, truth be told - but at the moment there's little that I can do.

The screen is shaking - it probably means I need sleep, but I'm far from done today. I can apologize many times, for not saying something sooner or leaving in inconvenience, but I'm sure my words will fall flat for many. So I'll simply say this:

To my players: I beg of you, prostrate before you: have patience, have hope. I have every intention of returning, barring my death. If I do die, you'll probably hear about it on FB - my name is James Broomfield, everyone calls me Broom, I live in New Mexico, and if you want to say hi go right ahead, though I only check the thing every other week, as I use to communicate and keep track of my extended family, not for everyday gossip.

To my DMs - Do with me - and my characters - what you will. I've been so busy, I didn't even notice the passage of time. When I return, be it near or far, and have time sufficient to write again, I would like to re-enter any games I was in. If you don't want that, you'll have ample time to pass judgment on me through a PM.

I wish everyone the best of luck, good health, and safe driving.

See you when I see you.

~ Atalla "Broom" Wanderer

EDIT: Happy Birthday stobco!

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; Apr 1st, 2014 at 03:09 AM.
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 08:00 AM
<--- That says it all...

Tools
User Statistics
Well Broom, I appreciate the time you've taken to let us know the situation.

Sorry to hear you got some angry posts in your mailbox. It's only a game/hobby after all...

Good luck to you, get the rest you need to give the attention to the areas that really matter!

PS. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

EDIT: I'm going to unsubscribe from the game folder, but will subscribe to this thread so I can keep an eye on if this games gets going again.

Last edited by stobco; Apr 1st, 2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 08:39 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 342
Carthage Carthage Carthage Carthage
Dude, you attend to real life - health and happiness outweigh all else. And I'm sorry to hear you've gotten abrasive messages this swiftly, no call for that.
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Goblin Slayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3292
Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman
Good luck and godspeed. We'll see you on the other side.
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 12:44 AM
Corpulent Cleric

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 961
Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie Sparkie
Here's wishing you the very best, Atalla, in everything. Take care of yourself!
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 01:15 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45867
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Thanks for letting us know what's happening Atalla. Hope life eases up on you and I wish you all the best.

I'll definitely be here when you return--just PM me when you do (I'm going to unsubscribe from this game to keep my account uncluttered).
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 10:14 AM
<--- That says it all...

Tools
User Statistics
So, just wondering if there are plans to get this going again.

No pressure Atalla, I was just going through my subscribed threads and same this one. I still like the concept so I figured I'd post here and see what he plans are.
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15243
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Not at the moment, mate.

Sorry, but gladiator games really are a lot of work. Hopefully one day, but I'm keeping myself to really slow posting at the moment - had to drop all of my player games except one, since I'm so slow.
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 01:59 PM
<--- That says it all...

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, no problem. Just wanted to know if this game was a possibility in the near future.

I'll stay subscribed just in case it does get started sometime down the road.

Good luck with the move! I moved our family of six for a new job, it wasn't the easiest.