RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 30th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Secretly Cephalopodal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Hey guys, I may not be around much this weekend, I can't say for sure. It's my 21st birthday and we're going to the zoo tomorrow morning, and I have no idea what my dad has planned after that. Move on without me as needed, and I'll catch up!
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 07:07 PM
Alea Jacta Est.
Hall of Fame DM 2016

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29074
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Just a suggestion, UK - IF you want things to go a little faster in combat there's a few ideas out there for PbP. Others probably have more ideas too.

1. Group initiative of PC's between monsters. Such as PC 1-3, then Monster 1, PC 4-6, Monster 2, ect. And people could post in any order within their group. Gives up a little bit of initiative between PC's but may reduce wait time for people waiting to post.

2. Average out initiative. Monsters in one group, then PC's in the other. Again, people could post in whatever order until all are done. Then the DM recaps and does monsters all at once. This is easiest for the DM from what I've experienced but gives up some of the initiative advantages of an individual PC. This is standard for most games I've been in on here. Problem is that some people will hold on and just wait to post after others, in essence, doing a small amount of metagaming.

3. Everyone goes at once. Monsters and PC's in own groups. Everyone posts their actions and then all are conducted simultaneously for their group. This completely takes out initiative advantages but is a bit more realistic and relies more on the DM to decide and describe for anything conflicting. Such as for example: 3 PC's attack the same monster and ignore another. The monster attacked actually dies after 2 hits and the last PC to swing hits nothing but air. He can't change his action to attack the ignored monster because they all act together. The reason this can work with PbP is that people can go back to edit their posts (1 per PC) until all are up for a round, ending when the DM posts. This allows for at least SOME coordination.

Personally, I like the way we have it for small groups of around 2 PCs. With a few more (3-5 PC's), I have found that Option 2 works best. With more, I like option 3 (although the idea of it was something I HATED until I tried it).
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 06:05 AM
I'm the Scatman!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Some interesting methods, I make all my players roll 10 unit rolls in a separate thread at the star of combat, since I'm a pain in the butt. Like to do round per round init. Then I just post. Bob, Joe , Jim are up. They post, I post my monster stuff, then say the next player, etc etc. the rounds go by at an ok speed, and in some cases players or monsters can act back to back.

I like method 3 and 1 (3 more so.) I like your method too
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Alea Jacta Est.
Hall of Fame DM 2016

Tools
User Statistics
So.... whats going on? Kind of hit the brakes here.
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 07:41 PM
The Bird of the Hermes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 412
Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul
I'd post, but I have to wait for the following options, two of which are UK's. So Relany is ready, sword at the ready to do some killing.

Maggots
Avenia
Aravishnial
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:21 AM
I'm the Scatman!

Tools
User Statistics
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Oh where oh where did our DM go, oh where oh where could he be? ^^

I'm in no hurry myself, but it's been almost a week without a response, hope to see you back soon UK. Imagine folks will start dropping if ya' don't. I won't drop :P, but I won't blame others for doing so either. ( I like smaller groups anyways, seems to feel much quicker paced. ) Though this group waaasss pretty active...

Last edited by Spazztick; Jun 6th, 2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Alea Jacta Est.
Hall of Fame DM 2016

Tools
User Statistics
Hopefully you are busy in a good way, UK. It would be nice to have some kind of info or intention that you are still planning to continue. If there's no response in another week, then I will simply assume that you are out.

Anyone planning or wanting to carry on the DM tradition and take over or start their own thread to continue? I'm already running one game and it's enough for me. I'd keep playing in this one though.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Well, rest in peace, game. You died too young.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I'm the Scatman!

Tools
User Statistics
If UK wants me to, i could possibly take over for a time. I've done all right with one of my other games, just a lot of people involved in this one... more by a long shot, though after this long break I bet there won't be as many.

How many would be interested to continue under a new DM? (though i'd rather wait for an OK from UK, but if he doesn't reply within say monday, then I could get the game rolling, perhaps another one of you would want to rotate DMing with me, a week here, a week there... or longer/shorter. Just NPC our characters, etc.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 08:39 PM
The Bird of the Hermes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 412
Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul
Relany's blade is ready to fight against the Worldwound, regardless of who leads it. I'm fine with either continuing here, or continuing on with another GM.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 757
DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk
It may be difficult to get an OK from UK if he doesn't log in. Last time he was on was June 2nd. I'm fine with continuing should you or another take up the reins.