twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 30th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31
Iona
Nira understands draconic, so she should be able to understand what the kobold yelled.

Oh and Berzerk, don't forget that you still have guidance cast on you (I don't presume you used it yet) that means you get a +1 on an attack roll, skill check or saving throw of your choice (but the charge must be used within a minute, of which some time has already passed). Also you should anounce that you're using the guidance bonus before you make the roll.
Old Mar 30th, 2015, 05:54 PM
DINOSAUR-VIKING?!1

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 416
Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus
Thanks Iona, I will admit that in all the time it's been between posts, I completely forgot about it. I wouldn't have helped much when I rolled a 2 unfortunately lol. I better use it on the next roll so hopefully I'll do better!
Old Mar 31st, 2015, 01:53 AM
I'm all out of bubblegum.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1867
PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux
Dimi, no worries! I think it's safe to say we are on an "elongated" timeline here. Just post when you can.

Iona, I meant to share with you what the Kobold yelled in a secret text tag. But I forgot. I'll edit the post accordingly.
Old Apr 7th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11
dimi
Yeah, I posted finally. Thanks to Hasse once again for reminding me and sorry I delayed you guys.
I added some flavour things like the green flames, hope it's alright
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 02:55 AM
DINOSAUR-VIKING?!1

Tools
User Statistics
Oooh it's exciting when you see Percy has posted in the dice thread but not the game thread!
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 11:08 AM

Tools
User Statistics
PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux PercyHux
An even more exciting super-long game post is forthcoming, as well.
Old Apr 16th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dimi
That was one awesome post, Percy!
Old Apr 16th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Iona
I second that! You're a master with words
Old May 8th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Iona
For Percy and Zany and anyone else who is interested in GMing: I am thinking of creating a 'gamemastering' group. The idea is to team up together as a semipermanent, everchanging group of game masters, who help eachother with the preparation for the game. I found out that preparing for a game together (especially because I only ever run homebrew campaigns in homebrew worlds) is a lot of fun and a lot easier than doing it alone.

This is not a one time big event or anything, but rather things like:
- GM X is starting a campaign and he asks for help from the group. GM Y responds that she has some time to help and together they brainstorm about cool NPC's that GM X could use in his campaign.
- GM X has a certain expertise (is really good at thinking of cool plots) and he lets the group know that this is his expertise, now when someone in the group has trouble with that they can come to GM X for help.

Apart from actual prep advice this group can also be a place to share cool prep tools, interesting GMing advice, etc. Right now the people I have in mind for this group are all create GM's that have very little experience, but with a decent amount of starting talent because of their creativity and willingness to learn. The idea is not that everyone helps everyone, but that everyone helps someone, when they have time to do something.

The goal of this group is to stop individual GM's from being overwelmed by parts of GMing that they find hard, for us all to have a blast (cause preparing together is a lot of fun) and to create a hub of knowledge that we can share amongst ourselves. The idea is to keep it all very flexible, you don't have to be always present, you don't have to interact with everybody if there are GMs that you don't get along with. The only requirement is that you find some way of contributing to the group. Some people will naturally contribute more, others less, that is fine too. I don't know yet what medium I will use, I might make it a forum, or a skypegroup, or both, depending on what people want.

So yeah, if anyone here is interested in joining, give me a shout
Old May 18th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dimi
Hey!
I did notice I made a mistake in my character sheet. I did add the +4 to stealth from being a gobling, but not the extra +4 from being small, so I corrected that.

A thing I wanted to ask is if I can swap oe of the goblin traits for another one now that we've already started.
I did find out from another game I love climbing in this game since you can do some pretty cool things(combat AND roleplaying-wise) with it. I also noticed goblins have the opportunities to swap their extra 10ft. of land speed for a 10ft climb speed and the +8 modifier that comes with it.
So yeah, that's what I was wondering.

Also sorry again for being so slow at posting. I will really try to step my game up!

About the GM thing, I'm also interested. Since I've been doing mostly uni-related stuff lately(or procrastinating in the meantime, of course), I don't know how much time I would have, but your idea sounds awesome, Hasse!

EDIT. I did edit my dice post, since I did label them both as Stealth checks and had to change one of them, so I got some weird warning on the post. Dunno if it's that or because I quoted it and then accidentaly hit the back button or something. I am still having a bit of trouble with the post formatting. It's very unintuitive for me. I promise I didn't change any roll results ^^

Last edited by dimi; May 18th, 2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:22 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Dimi,

No problem on the mistake on your sheet. Thanks for catching it. You can swap out any traits you want to since we really haven't started in earnest yet.

I'll have a follow up post in the next couple of days. Oh, and just for clarification (since I don't think I described the scene thoroughly enough), Boggot is in the darkened cavern with Griff (the human fighter) and Nira (the femaile Aasimar cleric) only. Everyone else was left above in the house and you don't know what happened to them. Let me know if you have any questions about the layout or your surroundings.

Thanks!
Old May 28th, 2015, 12:55 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Hey all! Sorry for keeping y'all waiting. My dad passed away on Monday after being in the hospital for awhile, so I'm planning the funeral and what-not. I'll be on and off over the next week or two depending on my mood.

Don't worry, though, I'll be back before you know it. The show must go on!
Old Jun 1st, 2015, 07:47 AM
DINOSAUR-VIKING?!1

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Percy, I am terribly sorry to hear the news. You have my condolences. I have briefly spoken in that single post about losing my own father after fighting cancer for so long, I took great solace knowing that he was now in a better place. If your father too spent an extended stay in hospital, I hope that that thought grants you peace as well. Whether you take one week, or two, doesn't matter. Looking after yourself and your family are important at a time like this.

This game doesn't look like it is currently going anywhere any time soon so don't feel any pressure to come back; it will be here when you want to return. Maybe all of us can all pick up the pace a little when you do come back? (even if it's only once a week lol)